95 Pine Street, Suite 17
Seattle, WA 98101Neighborhood:
NorthwestPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.steelheaddiner.com/
- Phone: 2066250129
- Hours of Operation:
Open Seven Days a Week: 11a.m. until 10p.m. Brunch Items Available on Saturdays and Sundays.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Northwest, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Kevin Davis
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Please call and speak to any manager to discuss you individual needs!
- Cross Street: First
- Public Transit: All downtown bus routes end near or around our address: 95 Pine Street.
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: Street parking is available in addition to several parking lots nearby. We validate parking after 5pm at the Pike Place Market Parking Garage on Western Avenue below the Market.
A word from Steelhead Diner
Owner operated by Chef Kevin Davis and wife Teresa, The Steelhead Diner is a smart casual restaurant located in the heart of Seattle's Pike Place Market. Come visit our modern take on the classic American diner - and enjoy contemporary comfort food created with a Northwest twist. Soak up stunning views while enjoying our exclusively North West wine and beer list. Also available: a full bar, and a large selection of non-alcoholic choices. Watch nightly as Davis and his crew create menu items in the restaurant's interactive open kitchen surrounded by views of neighboring Puget Sound. Kids welcome. Family friendly.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Steelhead Diner reviews from OpenTable diners
111 reviews since May 23, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (42)neighborhood gem (39)scenic view (37)good for groups (35)great for lunch (29)great for outdoor dining (21)special occasion (17)vibrant bar scene (16)notable wine list (15)hot spot (14)great for brunch (13)kid-friendly (10)late-night find (7)romantic (5)Show More
- Great food and good service.JcaustinDined on 2/14/2014Great food and good service. Was there for valentines day dinner, surprisingly calm with a great atmosphere. I have been here quite a few times and have never been disappointed by the food or staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good grub with classy serviceBirthdaygirlDined on 2/14/2014Great lunch place for people who work or play downtown or want a break during their trek through the Pike Place Market. Kid-friendly but classy enough for the grown-ups,too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointmentBirthdayBlissVIPDined on 2/7/2014In the age of so many special dietary needs one would think gluten intolerance would be accommodated in a restaurant. There was one GF dessert and it was no longer available at 7:30 on a Friday evening. Really poor planning. This was the second year in a row I went there for my birthday. Last year I told them on my reservation, but there was no mention made of my celebration. So I just didn't mention it this year. The rest of the food was really good and our server was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good SeafoodOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 2/6/2014It was nice to have Salmon and have it cooked to order. It was tender and moist. My wife enjoyed her fish tacos. Our server was great and the restaurant is very nice looking inside.Special Features:
- Seafood lovers from MontanadisappointedDined on 2/1/2014Seafood lovers from Montana were my guests. Kasu cod was "out" at 7:30. Had to ask twice for forks and finally took one from the next table. Had to ask for a spoon for the cioppino. Eyrie pinot was so thin as to not merit the title "wine." A substitute should have been offered. Had to ask for dessert menus and dessert was a looong time coming. Had to ask for a spoon for dessert. Two boisterous birthday tables got lots of attention but the details were sorely missing at ours including attention from mid meal on. Pot d'creme was good as was the sorbet. I was embarrassed.Special Features:
- Oldie, goodieShawnADined on 1/30/2014Some of the reviews said this place is "past its prime." That's crazy. The service is great and the food is awesome. It's not at al touristy, even though it could be given the location. It's a classic Northwest diner - with a welcoming feel and great food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 2 vanvouverites dine in seattleOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/24/2014The mussels were good lots of tomatoe and garlic. Sicilian I think. Only a couple of entrays that. Caught my eye my friend had salmon a with blue cheese and kale and figs. It was fabulous my sablefsh was good too but not as unique as the salmon dish. Lg portions good thing we split the musselsSpecial Features:
- Winter birthday in SeattleSeattleFanDined on 1/20/2014This is by far one of the best meals I've experienced - anywhere! The salmon was prepared perfectly! All our dishes were unique and delicious! We tried the Lavendar salad, Pork Belly, Catfish... All just superb! A true find in the vibrant Seattle restaurant scene... Not to be missed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- UnderwhelmedTom450VIPDined on 1/19/2014The menu reads great but the food is average at best. The fried chicken was over cooked and heavily battered. The salmon was just ok. Avoid the oysters, small and tasteless. Atmosphere was cold and dark. Pictures the the internet look nothing like the inside of this restaurant. Avoid. Go to Etta's around the corner for truly fabulous food.
- Getting tired...PaulDined on 1/19/2014We've had Steelhead Diner on our list of places to eat dinner the last few years on our twice a year trip to Seattle. The service has been great. We've always gotten the table we requested (through Open Table). I guess that we're realizing that there are very few fish options (for a place called Steelhead Diner). The food is just plain :-/ The prices are high for the quality. Boring. The fish and chips were very good, but they're fish and chips. We'll be looking for another place on our next trip.Special Features:
- First Mediocre ExperienceBellevueDinerVIPDined on 1/17/2014We've been here many times and have always loved it. This time, however, we were seated in a backroom they must use for private events. It also houses supply closets, the doors to which kept sliding open at our table. The wait staff covering the room were nice but not very attentive. Our drink order came long after our appetizers. And both appetizers and entrees were delivered a couple at a time, with a (too long) delay between delivery. Inevitably, two or three at the table had food, with the others waiting. The food was not up to the usual standards. My NY Steak seemed to be a pretty low quality piece of meat. Lots of sinew and inedible fat. Difficult to cut. I didn't send it back because we had already waited too long.
- Overpriced...GSreeDined on 1/10/2014I was very disappointed with the portion sizes given the prices. I ordered the black cod dish ($37), which was very tasty, but also was sized barely larger than an appetizer. The description indicated 3 components beyond the fish that ended up being just barely present. The feel of the restaurant and portions don't match the prices in my experience eating around town.
- Good foodMGoelVIPDined on 1/9/2014I've been to Steelhead several times b/c I work right next door. Food is consistently good and fresh w/ new seasonal menus coming out each season. Steelhead is a good, solid, reliable place to get a good meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wine Dinnerjmg98118VIPDined on 1/8/2014We attended Steelhead Diners wine dinner, with Willamette Valley Wines. The wines were all very nice, but the food was outstanding. I can't say enough about the scallops with celery root puree, truffle butter, and shaved mushrooms.. Scallops were cooked to perfection and just a serving of the scallops would have been worth the cost.. The braised beef ribs were falling off the fork tender and full of flavor. The Endive salad with grapefruit, nuts and citrus vinaigrette paired so nicely with Pino Gris. Over all one of the best wine dinners we have had.Special Features:
- Mediocre FoodMMMMDined on 12/31/2013Maybe it was an off night - but the food just lacked interest and flavor.Special Features:
- New Years dinerTestoreDined on 12/31/2013My wife and 7 year old daughter had a great time here. I had my first duck, outstanding!, and my wife and daughter loved their meals too. I would go back again if ever I'm back in Seattle. .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great surprise last minute findOChemistDined on 12/27/2013We found ourselves visiting Seattle shortly after Christmas and did a quick Open Table search. Found Steelhead Diner and it sounded great. It was available on short notice and we really enjoyed our meals. I had the Fish and Chips: large pieces of fish (a bit of excess oil) with excellent fries. My wife had the crabcake and found it to be excellent (she's had many on the East Coast). Our daughter really enjoyed her salad with goat cheese.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- They weren't preparedJanetVIPDined on 12/24/2013We've eaten at Steelhead Diner several times and always had a good meal, so we decided to meet our son and his girlfriend there for Christmas Eve. Our reservation was at 7 pm---so fairly early, but they were out of the fried chicken, our favorite entree. Also, as it turns out--out of a few other choices as well. They apparently did not do a good job of ordering for the evening. We will still go back--I forgive them this one screw up!
- Surpassed my expectationsstarg39Dined on 12/21/2013Having dined at Steelhead before for a business lunch, it was interesting to see the differences for dinner. The crowd was quieter, the wait staff were extremely attentive, even though the the place was packed. Being a party of five we had a variety of meals ordered off the menu and each was delicious, though it was odd to see pepper placed on the tables but no salt. Looking around us, we found the other tables to be the same. Something against salt? Although a bit on the pricey side for our meal, we had a great time and were very impressed with our service. Our server was attentive without being intrusive. Kudos to her for making it a memorable experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Englishman who loves beerwannabeDined on 12/19/2013I took my husband, who is English, to this pub. He loved the great service. LOVED the seafood options (tater tots and crab cake were DIVINE!) and best of all, loved the beer and the fish and chips. High praise from a Brit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bustling DinerLuvstoeatDined on 12/14/2013Creative food, excellent service and moderate prices make this a place we return to often. It is on the loud side which is great when you want to chat with friends, not for romantics. The mussels are the best and all fish dishes are cooked to perfection. My brother had the pork chop which was sublime.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always Good!westvanclanVIPDined on 12/13/2013We dine at the Steelhead every time we come to Seattle. Don't miss this restaurant!Special Features:
- Fresh and tastyTownieDined on 12/12/2013This was my second trip to Steelhead. Fresh and delicious ingredients. Simple combinations to maximize the taste of the food. Come hungry and enjoy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wholie-molie, what a great place!BirthdaygirlDined on 12/8/2013Relaxed place with good food for a birthday lunch with my hubbie. It felt like like the kind of place where the kids you liked in school hang out now that they are grown-ups. Its both intimate and accommodating to large groups ... and the FOOD! I'm still pining for just one more bite of the Squimish Eggs plate that were a luscious combo of crab (GENEROUS portions!) and perfectly poached eggs in a cloud of Hollandaise. Our wait person was attentive but not hanging over us in an attempt to be our new BFF. When he found out that it was my birthday, he even comped us a free dessert.... that's the kind of thing that guarantees return business. I usually shun "kid-friendly" places for special occasions but even the kid-guests were great!Special Features:
- For the price, not exceptionalOldCubanVIPDined on 12/6/2013Lovely atmosphere, great service, food was just ok. The entree was expensive and did not come with any side. Expected it to be exceptional and it was not.Special Features:
- Always a treat. Fun food.YumiVIPDined on 11/30/2013Always a treat. Fun food. Have to remember to ask to be seated in the front room where the action is.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food - wishing for a littlecb30Dined on 11/30/2013More variety. Great happy hour, but went back for dinner and took the in-laws with this time... Wish there was a little more variety. However, service was great. Father in law wanted non-alcoholic beer but there was only one choice. I wanted shrimp po'boy that I had had previously but not on the menu this time. A little loud for a group or anyone a bit hard of hearing. Delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Service...Mediocre FoodBellaDined on 11/25/2013We decided to try this restaurant for Dine Around Seattle. The food was just mediocre - salad was overdressed, sandwich was ok...fries were the best part of this, and the chocolate pecan pie was ok. Our waiter was great though. He always checked up on us at the right time, and he was very accommodating. The location of the restaurant is definitely a plus!Special Features:
- Fabulous food, service & ambienceJhunterfalkDined on 11/23/2013Steelhead's location right by the market can't be beat. If you're lucky on a warm day, you can get a coveted spot on their patio above Post Alley. The food is northwest fare and their menu changes regularly. The bar is hopping with great cocktails and wine. This is a favorite place of mine. It's always feels festive surrounded by market energy and travelers. The service is great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great chicken parm!FredDined on 11/22/2013we went for the "early bird special". the chicken parm was very good...the only negative was there was TOO much good food. it would have been better to have a smaller portion so that I could have enjoyed a dessert. That is being very picky though...the serving could be easily shared by two hungry people.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spotstevemarseattleVIPDined on 11/21/2013Decided to give Steelhead a try and take advantage of the Dine Around Seattle deal. Lunch was terrific- Porchetta sandwich was very flavorful, fries were perfectly crisp and service was great. I will dine here again for dinner.Special Features:
- Steelhead DinerSqueakDined on 11/20/2013We chose the restaurant because of the dine around Seattle promotion and were pleased with our experience. We sat where we could see the Post Alley neon sign and enjoyed the ambience of looking down on the Pike Street Market at rest. The menu choices were broad and our dinner was nicely prepared. We would recommend the Brazen Lady cocktail and oysters on the half shell. We enjoyed the shrimp and crab tots but would choose the soup next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary dinner and itChrisDined on 11/20/2013Anniversary dinner and it was perfect. The food was prepared perfectly and the wait staff was attentive and prompt.Special Features:
- Warm, friendly,excellent food1SeattleFoodDined on 11/20/2013Recently 3 of us had lunch here. Our server, Caitlyn, was exceptional; I would return because of the her alone but fortunately the food is also wonderful. My entree of faro & risotto with squash was incredibly flavorful; I had a similar dish at a top restaurant - this was distinctly better. A blackened salmon on hominy polenta entree here was also topnotch. Our 3rd diner ordered a dish which basically was a pulled pork sandwich with slightly underdone fries, not what we expected. Caitlyn the server tried to get it returned to the kitchen when she saw it was not being eaten, but my friend refused. When we received our bill the chef had taken 50% off. Desserts--FABULOUS. I will be returning here again soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not impressedFoodFancyDined on 11/17/2013The menu was not impressive especially since we went for seafood and the selections were very few. They only had one choice of an oyster.
- First time and our party ofOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 11/16/2013First time and our party of Six loved it ! Our waiter was super !Special Features:
- Great first time experienceVissidarteVIPDined on 11/14/2013Outstanding food, great hostess and knowledgeable wait staff. We will definitely return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Dining ExperienceBethDined on 11/14/2013A friend and I just visited the Steelhead Diner for lunch. We had a very nice experience there. The wait staff were warm and welcoming. It took just the right amount of time to get our food. I had salmon and my friend had a risotto dish and they both were really excellent. I thought that the pecan pie for dessert was to die for. The atmosphere is quite pleasant with a great view of the Pike Place Market. It was a little noisy but I realize that we were there at the very peak of the lunchtime rush. All in all, we had a great time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Absolutely fabulous! Highlybozie6Dined on 11/13/2013Absolutely fabulous! Highly recommend to visitors of Seattle. The salmon was very good.Special Features:
- Good food, unfortunate service.EightyblockerDined on 11/13/2013We arrived 15 minutes early for our 7PM reservation. We were told that our table would be ready in 20 minutes, so we informed the hostess that we would walk around the market a bit, and return at our reservation time. When we returned at 7, they were slammed. We found the hostess, told her we were back for our 7PM, and she informed us that it would be another 10 minutes. 20 minutes later, we're seated. Over the next 1.5 hours, the waiter botched not one, but 3 separate orders before we got fed up and left. We never made it to dinner - just appetizers and those two beers (one of which was incorrect). Sad, because the food was good, but service is equally important in my book. I know they were slammed, but this was to much to forgive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.