Adams Avenue Grill
2201 Adams Ave
San Diego, CA 92116Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Adams Avenue Grill
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.adamsavenuegrille.com/
- Phone: 6192988440x
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast & Lunch: Monday - Sunday: 8:00am - 2:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Sunday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Organic, American, Barbecue
- Executive Chef: Tim Klepeis
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Delivery, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Wine
A word from Adams Avenue Grill
Adams Avenue Grill - Serving Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner - 7 days a week in University Heights.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
Adams Avenue Grill - Best Restaurants in University Heights ›
Adams Avenue Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
45 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (37)fit for foodies (26)great for lunch (22)great for brunch (18)special occasion (16)good for groups (10)romantic (9)notable wine list (4)kid-friendly (2)hot spot (2)Show More
- Love the Food and the Art WorkLuLu1Dined on 12/31/2013Always have a wonderful time at this restuarant on Adam's Avenue. They offer a wide variety of selections and seasonal specials to keep it interesting. their walls are lined with art from local artists and it keeps changing. The staff is friendly and the service is always great! Highly recommend reservations because it is a neighborhood favorite for sure!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delightful dinnerLocalDinerDined on 12/19/2013We've been to Adams Avenue Grill before and always find it has good food, good wine and a great atmosphere for conversation (not all restaurants can say that!) for a relatively low price point. My salmon on black cherry plank was perfectly cooked - although I would have loved more of the chutney. My dining companions each enjoyed their meals - meatloaf and salmon with beurre blanc. I couldn't believe my wine was only $8 a glass. The staff was helpful and friendly - they didn't rush us out even though we were the last ones there on a Thursday night. We'd go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experience!GuestsDined on 12/12/2013There were 4 adults and a 4 year old. Every thing was wonderful. I had the carnitas and was disappointed in my chose, not the experience I have with choices in the past. The rest of the guests totally enjoyed their meals. We come often and love the feel of the restaurant and servers and the YUMMY deserts! I would replace the carnitas....Thank you until we meet again ! Continued success !!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was cool soup not hotOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/16/2013Food was cool soup not hot steak tough and overdone
- Out of townersRandyDined on 11/8/2013I am a neighborhood guy who had 3 visitors from out of town, one eats anything, one was vegan and one didn't like fish. I am happy eating anywhere, but as host and neighborhood ambassador for that particular evening I wanted to take them to a restaurant which was a personifcation of how good and cool this pocket of culture I have come to love truly is. They wer all 3 gobsmacked with the food, the ambiance and the charming pigtailed waitress, as was I. Great restaurant. I'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- University Heights GemMissTDined on 11/8/2013What a find! This is the kind of place that every town should have. Great food, wonderful atmosphere, service really fine. Must go back at least a few dozen times to sample all the delicious items on the menu! Highly recommended. All this nestled in a quiet pretty neighborhood,Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing foodOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/2/2013Unique combinations of seasonal foods. We loved it.Special Features:
- We had a delicious dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/1/2013We had a delicious dinner and superlative service. The place feels very warm and intimate and provides a great dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I will not be going back.GilleyDined on 10/26/2013I will not be going back. The food was nothing to rave about and the menu is all over the place. Who cares if the portions are big if the food is not worth eating?
- YumOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/24/2013Highlights were the pot roast and potato bacon soup. Service was relaxed and friendly, had a nice long dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Interior lighting much too brightRichDined on 10/19/2013While the food and menu choices were overall OK, the bright white lighting created an ambience that was less than appealing. We were disappointed with our choice of the bruschetta as an appetizer -- not anything close to the traditional bruschetta and not an improvement even from the perspective of perhaps a new twist on an old favorite. For entrees, ee had the gnocchi and pot roast. Both dishes were acceptable, though the yankee pot roast didn't have any carrots which was a bit odd. We were a bit put off by the ipad-powered system for paying the bill -- too many devices already encroach on the dinner table, and we would prefer a simple pen & ink receipt.I would recommend this to a friend.
- 2nd a ExperienceCarolDined on 10/17/2013I absolutely love this spot. Outstanding in every regard. Food, service, ambience are all fabulous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, nice ambiance, but brighJaywuDined on 9/27/2013Had a very enjoyable dinner. Food was very good and service excellent. Our only challenge was they had the lights up too bright. Talked to the server after dinner and she mentioned they had turned them up for a table that was hidden in the corner and normally they're not up that bright. So, if you go, check to see if the lights are up.....or more soothing for a relaxing dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Adams Ave.GemSandihlVIPDined on 9/15/2013Small, casual and very busy. Parking is never easy here on Adams Ave. in San Diego, but this wonderful place is on the residential end of Adams, and parking at 11:30 Sunday am was almost impossible. Since I am handicapped, I inquired if there were any places I wasn't aware of, and the manager actually let me park in the employee lot behind her car! Talk about a wonderful place! My gnocci with a red pepper sauce and veg was beautiful and yummy. My friend had the chicken wrap, ditto, and we could actually hear our conversation. We couldn't finish the large portions, and then found that dessert (choice of three) was included in the reasonable price. So we got the peanut butter bars to go. Good choice. Must-go for San Diego.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Adams Ave. GrillLocalfanDined on 9/12/2013Went with friends and had a great time. The food was wonderful and service excellent. The only shortcoming is that parking is not always easy to find as you must park in the surrounding neighborhood since the restaurants has no dedicated parking.Special Features:
- The food was superior, ambienceCarolDined on 9/5/2013The food was superior, ambience was great., darling neighborhood Can't believe I've lived in San Diego for 20 years and had never been here. This restaurant will become one of my favorite "Go To" spots for an authentic dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding Breakfast AdventureNotBobDined on 8/31/2013My two boys recommended that we go to Adam's Avenue Grill for a Saturday Breakfast adventure. This quaint little bistro was a bit of a surprise, appearing out of nowhere toward the west end of Adam's Avenue. Once inside, the light, cottage ambiance was immediately relaxing and inviting, even though the place was packed. The boys had suggested that the eggs benedict was the best they had ever had, but then I spied the Lavender infused vanilla french toast - which was fantastic. (the bennies were excellent, too) We did not wait terribly long (maybe 10 minutes) and the food arrived quickly. In the meantime, we had many games of tic-tac-toe on the butcher paper table covers. Tim, the owner/chef, even came up to check up on us personally.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always nice - consistent comfortOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/23/2013Always nice - consistent comfort food. Service was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our new favepharmdivaDined on 8/17/2013Love this place. Can't believe we have never come across it before!!Special Features:
- Great neighborhood findMBusyDined on 8/3/2013I love the service and the food. The corn chowder with crab cake ball is the best. We go their just for soup sometimes. A great place to take our out of town guests too.Special Features: