Trapper's Chop House
19308 Cottonwood Drive
Holiday Inn, 4th Floor
Parker, CO 80138Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
Trapper's Chop House
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.trapperschophouse.com/
- Phone: 3032482132
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday 4:30pm - 10:00pm,
Friday - Saturday 4:30pm - 11:00pm
Happy Hour: Monday - Friday 4:30pm - 7:00pm, Friday & Saturday 10pm - Close
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Paul Martin
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Live music Wednesday - Saturday from 6:30pm to 9pm
A word from Trapper's Chop House
Parker’s Finest Steak House®, Trapper’s Chop House, is home to the exclusive Romancing The Stone™ Sear-It-Yourself dining experience. Here, guests are in charge of cooking their entree on an individual 800 degree volcanic rock where every bite is hot and delicious. Veteran Chef Paul Martin has created an all new, versatile gourmet menu for Trapper’s from appetizers to homemade desserts. Rocky Mountain views and a complete wine and mixed drinks selection; nestled atop the Holiday Inn off E470 and Parker Road.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
Trapper's Chop House - Best Restaurants in Parker ›
Trapper's Chop House reviews from OpenTable diners
75 reviews since May 21, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (53)scenic view (40)romantic (28)fit for foodies (22)neighborhood gem (19)good for groups (14)late-night find (8)vibrant bar scene (6)notable wine list (6)kid-friendly (5)hot spot (3)great for lunch (1)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Great PlaceLancairguyDined on 2/24/2014Great food, wonderful ambiance, friendly staff. You can't go wrong here. Highly reccomendSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good stuffbeefeaterDined on 2/23/2014My wife and I went there for my birthday. Aside from my steak being just slightly underdone, the food was great. There isn't a huge selection if you're not a red meat eater, though. the ambiance was pretty nice and the prices were reasonable. They also had a pretty good draft beer selection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, but slow service.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/23/2014Good food, but slow service. Sat for 15 minutues, and then the waitress acted surprised when we told her we were ready to order. Service was slow throughout the entire meal. Glad we had nowhere to go.
- We loved cooking the steakOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/23/2014We loved cooking the steak on the stone! The lobster Mac & cheese could have been more cheesy, it had loads of great lobster chunks but lacked cheesiness.Special Features:
- Great treat!MeeksDined on 2/23/2014This is a "different" restaurant - great for a change from the regular places. Great food, too. It is fun to cook your own! So easy and perfect - just the way YOU like it.....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic!OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 2/23/2014We had a great dinner with our friends. The service was great until the end...the server took forever to process our check. Overall great food and atmosphere. Try the romancing the stone...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a surprise. Our foodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/22/2014What a surprise. Our food was wonderful and service was even better. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The service was pretty good.smokieDined on 2/22/2014The service was pretty good. Got seated quickly and even though we were participating through 5280 week, the service was prompt and friendly. The bread and drinks were spot on. The salad was very fresh and tasty. The main course was okay, our stakes for medium well were pretty pink but hot. The vegetable mix was bland and not that warm. The dessert was top notch.Special Features:
- FoodExce1entDined on 2/22/2014The stone for the steak was a fun way to eat the steak exactly how you want to cook it. Everything was hot because you only needed to place it on the stone for a few minutes to heat it up. It was very good...an unusual restaurant to be located in a Holiday Inn.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food Better ServiceRondDined on 2/16/2014Went over Valentines Day weekend great way to end the weekend. Always love cooking my own steak own the stone. Thanks for another great meal.Special Features:
- Great ServicecmeyerDined on 2/16/2014We have been here several times over the last few years and it is not only great food , but a great price with excellent service. We have had Meva as our waitress multiple times and always get consistently great service. The stone cooking is unique and it assures that every bite is hot and tasteful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice special occasionChuckDined on 2/15/2014We enjoyed our evening. The Romansing the stone on the lava rock was great fun. We even tried some of the vegetables on it. The man playing guitar and singing was perfect for the evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SingerTerryDined on 2/15/2014Music (guitar and singer) was turned up too loud for normal conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- horrible hostessmissedthemarkDined on 2/14/2014The food and wait staff were awesome, but the hostess could not find our reservation and treated us like we were worthless. She seated us but acted like out was a huge inconvenience and she was doing us a favor. Set the mood for the whole night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Valentines Evening!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2014The food was off-the-charts delicious and cooked to perfection! We were there with another couple and our waitress DID NOT bug us 100 times during our meal so we could have a nice conversation and enjoy our meal without kids! Dessert was great. Tables ARE PERFECTLY SPACED! I hate when tables are placed so close to each other you can over hear conversations, so this was a nice change. Had a perfect evening!Special Features:
- One of my favoritesLoribellejDined on 2/14/2014Trapper's is always wonderful! Lots of choices on the menu - this time I had the Ahi Tuna to cook on the stone. It was fabulous! The musician entertaining us was perfect. Overall, a great experience.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romancing the Stone is oneBrianDined on 2/13/2014Romancing the Stone is one of the most fun I've had eating in a restaurant. And the steak was delicious to boot!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyed our first visit!ScottyDined on 2/9/2014We enjoyed the menu and good service. Good wine selection for reasonable price. We had some noise issues from sitting close the to bar. The meal was excellent and we will enjoy this restaurant again.Special Features:
- Great food and great timeHananVIPDined on 2/8/2014Great service and the bar. Bartenders were on too Off things and lots of fun ! Love that they have a free ride to Friday and Saturday nights after 6pm, I believe! Driver will even pick you up for free, Sure he would appreciate a tip. Gordon, the driver, works well for the town of Parker ! If you haven't been to this steakhouse , You are missing out ! Have some fun!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Had a great time!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/7/2014It's a great place for a special occasion! A little pricey, but you can split entrees, salads etc., if you don't have the appetite of a lumberjack. The portions are that big! We will be back for our next special occasion!Special Features:
- Foggy RomanceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/1/2014I came to the chophouse to celebrate my boyfriends 20th birthday, so as for the alcohol I can't comment, however we had a great time overall. The only complaint we both had was the poor ventilation. There were two large groups who ordered and chose to cook their own meals, and the room became filled with steam from 12+ people cooking. Fortunately it didn't last long and we are still planning on going back some other time. The food had such a unique flavor, and I truly felt as though we got our moneys worth.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great as alwaysJWAWDined on 1/26/2014We have been here many times, and it is always fantastic. Whether you get a regular meal or "romancing the stone", it is always perfect.Special Features:
- DecliningOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 1/26/2014Declining in service (well...that's been going on for some time) and declining food quality in each of my last 3 visits ....appeasing the hubby, who declared this last visit...our last!...finally he saw what I had been seeing. (RE: the food, he had 'tolerated' the declining service)
- WonderfulLoveditDined on 1/25/2014This was the first time that my husband and I have been there. It was really wonderful and we plan to go again.Special Features:
- Another Great DinnerToneBoneDined on 1/18/2014We have been to Trappers several times. The evening started out a bit slow. Our Server was overloaded with tables. Plus the dining room was a bit smokey. Once she turned the air back on, that was cleared up. Our evening turned out to be quite nice. A bit noisy and at first, then it cleared out a bit and we could carry on a conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Keep Coming BackcmeyerDined on 1/18/2014We go to Trappers once every month or so. We love the food especially for the reasonable price. The servers are all good but some are better than others. I would recommend anyone try it, and love the uniqueness of the cooking stone.Special Features:
- We enjoyed great food wellbirthdaytreatVIPDined on 1/18/2014We enjoyed great food well prepared, and exceptional service, but the atmosphere around us just didn't match that same quality. First off, the noise level was way too loud, and secondly, some men were wearing baseball caps, which lowered the level of a special occasion atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious DinnerGeorgeandJanDined on 1/15/2014What a wonderful experience. Don't pass up an opportunity to dine here as the food is wonderful, the staff very helpful and piano music a great asset. We ordered the romancing the stone steaks which means you cook it yourself at the table. Great fun but the table area gets very warm if you are in a booth and more than one person orders this. Give it a try for a special event as it is a fine dining restaurant. LOVED IT.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TrappersClassicalDined on 1/11/2014Good to have a non-chain option in Parker; however, food is only mediocre at best. Prices are upscale for non-upscale food. The cook-it-yourself novelty wears-off rather quickly. While okay for a one time shot, there is no reason to try again. The prices were high, and the food and service were just okay. Kids were running around this restaurant like it was a Chucky-Cheese; yet the prices were trying to be a Del Friscos. While not necessarily the restaurants fault, many of the adult patrons were wearing ball-caps and jeans at what is pretending to be an upscale dining experience - not. Still, glad to have an option other than the usual chain-fair in Parker.Special Features:
- Disappointing!HachitaEQsDined on 1/4/2014My husband got the quail and it was very dry and tough. Tasted a bit like it may have been freezer burned? He loved the mashed sweet potatoes and grilled asparagus though. I got the lamb, which was very good. The side of vegetables I would swear were from a microwaved frozen bag. Broccoli, califlower, and peppers...all wet and soggy with no seasoning. It was very hit and miss.
- Food Was GoodEddieDined on 12/29/2013Food was good, service was great. Kinda smoky in there because some people opted to cook their steaks on a hot rock (I guess they are known for that)Special Features:
- Very GoodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/26/2013Great food. Prices were not as high as we expected. Good service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Trappers on Saturday nightCurly523Dined on 12/21/2013Lovely dinner with a friend. Waiter accommodated our leisurely dinner, was knowledgeable, friendly. Food was really great, on time, nice presentations. Wine was wonderful. Nice evening.Special Features:
- The food was very good. TheOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/14/2013The food was very good. The time between courses was a little too long. After my husband and I ate our salad, we waited 30 minutes for our steaks to be cooked. We both felt that was too long to wait.Special Features:
- First Time ThereFirstTimeDined on 12/14/2013Food was OK - steak was flavorless, even though we had asked for the Trapper's seasoning - jalapeno cheddar mashed potatoes were to die for! Service was OK - our server was good, but everyone else that stopped by the table seemed bothered if they had to do anything more than drop off our food, like answer a question. I would definitely NOT recommend the "romancing the stone" dinner option. While it sounds like something fun to try, it's just the opposite - you sit there the entire meal with heat and smoke blowing in your face - and since they don't bring you a secondary plate, you have to be careful not to burn yourself while you try and eat your side dishes. Food and drinks were both WAY overpriced and we felt like we were always rushed.Special Features:
- Nice views, fun venueLoveToDineDined on 12/13/2013The venue is really nice. You take the elevator up and get off in front of the restaurant bar. The wall to your left is all windows with a very nice view. The restaurant itself is laid out well and pleasant. The food should be better for the price. It's not bad, but it's not great either. Our waitress was sincere and warm but could have used some training. The 'Romancing the Stone' option, basically heating your steak at your table on a hot rock sounds great but in practice doesn't work so well - it creates a smoky atmosphere that is a little irritating if you have sensitive eyes or nose. I had the buffalo, very dry, it is a lean meat but I felt the chef should have been able to overcome this with either technique or a sauce.Special Features:
- recommendedDun41Dined on 12/12/2013I will take sombody here every chance I get,the experience of the stone,is like no other!! Don't know why we don't have one of these in Reno,Nevada. No doubt in my mind it would be a huge successSpecial Features:
- 42nd wedding anniversaryrickwillDined on 12/11/2013Relatively new to Parker looking for a great place to celebrate. Trapper's more the exceeded our expectations. Excellent service and very good food. We tried table top cooking on the stone and while not our style it was fun. Booths are large for parties of 2, we'll probably do a table next time. Staff made us feel special. The very nice view is mostly lost because of seating placement. We will introduce our new friends to this fine restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Plain WrappingGullGuyDined on 12/9/2013Don't let the fact that it sits on the top floor of a hotel steer you away. The food is incredible! It's not the kind of place you go every Friday night as it is pricey. We found a coupon for "buy one get one free" so that helped. We have one more coupon so we plan to return. After that, I guess we look for more coupons.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic SteakKaybirdDined on 11/23/2013We love Romancing the Stone. Great food, great service! We had a wonderful time at Trapper's Chop House to celebrate our son's birthday.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.