Storyville American Table
43 Green Street
Huntington, NY 11743Neighborhood:
Creole / Cajun / SouthernPrice: $31 to $50
Storyville American Table
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://storyvilleamericantable.com/
- Phone: 6313513446x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Saturday: 11:30am - 4:00pm, Brunch Sunday: 11:30- 3:00pm.
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Creole / Cajun / Southern, French
- Executive Chef: Brian Finn
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Cafe, Chef's Table, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Entertainment: Live Jazz Trio performs every Sunday during Brunch from 11:30am-3:00 pm
A word from Storyville American Table
At Storyville American Table, we hope to bring to you the trifecta that epitomizes New Orleans:Continued
Food, Music and Fun
So welcome and enjoy.
La vie est de vivre!
(Life is to live)
Food, Music and Fun
So welcome and enjoy.
La vie est de vivre!
(Life is to live)
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
Storyville American Table - Best Restaurants in Huntington ›
Storyville American Table reviews from OpenTable diners
64 reviews since May 23, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (43)neighborhood gem (35)good for groups (34)fit for foodies (31)great for brunch (25)great for lunch (17)special occasion (16)kid-friendly (14)vibrant bar scene (14)romantic (8)late-night find (6)hot spot (4)scenic view (3)notable wine list (2)Show More
- A Taste of New OrleansOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/23/2013We really enjoyed our visit to Storyville and will definitely be back. They have an interesting menu that really captures the flavors of NOLA, with something for everyone. We enjoyed the oysters, crawfish, and fried pickle appetizers that we shared at our table, and the entrees were fabulous - our table ordered prime rib, jambalaya, pulled pork po boy, and catfish. The mac and cheese was sinfully out of this world. The bananas Foster, prepared table-side, ended a terrific meal. They have a wine list with many interesting selections; most were in the twenty to twenty five dollar range. The wait staff was very attentive, as was the owner, who was out visiting tables and making sure that everyone was happy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nolo hits huntingtontogatownalDined on 11/23/2013Great food! Authentic New Orleans / Cajun.... A unique feature -- the wine list is VERY wallet friendly. Good / Adequate / Decent (depending on your wine "snobbery") selections at VERY reasonable prices. Thanks T.C. !!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best BeersHostaJoeDined on 11/19/2013Amazing number of draft beers reasonably priced. Gumbo was very good, entrees were just OK and could have used more spices. Hard to find really good cajun food on Long Island. The original Big Daddy's was the best.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Experienceeat2liveDined on 11/18/2013What a wonderful dining experience. Only issue is there should be a sign telling you how to enter the restaurant since you can go directly into what looks like the main entrance. It was quiet when we were there and that was great since we wanted to talk. The server Michelle was wonderful. She answered all our questions and provided us with whatever we needed. The red sangria was delicious - this was a big hit for the table. The food was also wonderful. The fix price menu is very limited but a great option - so please add a few more choices. The apps were yummy and the pol boys shrimp sandwich delicious with the fried green tomato. The jambalaya was also great. Someone had the rack of ribs and loved them. Overall a great experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Muffaletta De ForceFood4meVIPDined on 11/17/2013Came to Storyville for a bite before a show at the Paramount. I had to try the muffaletta, as I've heard it's way beyond expectations. Correct-a-Mundo...This thing is the biggest and best meat-laden sandwich you will ever find !! Easily enough to feed a family of 4 (or a small army !!). It's made with piles of fresh carved meats and cheese that is so thick, it's impossible to bite from top to bottom. Incredible to say the least, and even though they are different, it puts Carmine's Strombolli to shame. Great Job !!Special Features:
- So glad we tried it!KateDined on 11/10/2013Tried this restaurant during "Restaurant Week" and will be returning regularly. The food was outstanding!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant Week FindOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 11/10/2013We really enjoyed our meal here. We went for Restaurant Week and were pleasantly surprised to find a generous set of choices for all 3 courses. The appetizers were all delicious, including the charbroiled oysters and the chicken fried shrimp. The crawfish were perfectly cooked and seasoned. For the entrees, the baby back ribs were very good and meaty. The shrimp and grits was a different kind of dish from the usual fare you find on Long Island and enjoyed very much. Desserts were good too, including the bread pudding which was very sweet. The place is lit very dark, a little more than to my liking but overall we really liked it and will be back.I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingLive2EatDined on 11/8/2013Bad service. Stale food. Unapologetic. Un-attentive.
- Creole...YUM!!PhylatTheCeilingCleanersDined on 11/8/2013We ALL enjoyed our entire meals...and what a great bargain on your 27.95 -3 course(Rest week)! Would love to see THAT more often! My Husband is a huge fan of creole food...and now I am too!!! Not too many of those restaurants around...so what a nice find! Only recommendation would be to expand your wine list...more reds and blended wines. Thanks for the wonderful evening..Also,very wise of Tom C. (the owner) to be out on the main floor with the guests checking on us...so surprised at how many owners don't do that. Keep up the great work and high quality food and service!! Portions (for the apps as well as entrees) are extremely generous!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food with exciting twistJSHnyDined on 11/8/2013Apps - broiled oysters and Chen fried shrimp w gravy were YUM. Husband's chicken jambalaya was just okay. I ordered the voodoo shrimp which was good but it was served with cold black rice in Thai dressing that I personally didn't think worked well together. Overall will be back since we love Loui cuisineSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing and OutstandingStaceyDined on 11/8/2013I went to this place during Long Island Restaurant. I chose it on whim because my boyfriend likes southern food. I am so happy to have found this place, and it's nearby my house! The food is to die for. The waitstaff and management are extremely friendly and attentive. The drinks are delicious as well. I would highly recommend this place to friends and family both.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a different cuisinesukeyDined on 11/7/2013When we first arrived it was quite a long time before a waiter noticed us. Once he did the service was quick and efficient. The portions are generous. I had the shrimp appetizer and my husband the oysters. Both were delicious. Fish and ribs were good and the praline dessert rich and satisfying.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was SO loud it impactedUboatDined on 11/7/2013It was SO loud it impacted this review. Food was good, not great (Glad it was a restaurant week price) Service WAS great. My dining companion didn't eat half her catfish and when the server took it away the maitre D did come over and inquire, which I thought was important. (Too breaded for her taste)
- Presently surprisedKenWenDined on 11/7/2013We choose Storyville from Open Tables local list. We try to go to somewhere different each week. When we were seated the place was relatively empty. That changed in less than a half hour. The place filled with quickly. Our drinks were amazing as was the food. The portions were filling and we both took home a good portion. The brunch looks amazing. We can't wait to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday Supper with FriendsOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/7/2013We went to Storyville on 11/7/13 for a girlfriends birthday. The food was great, they have a fantastic drink menu & outstanding service. Our waiter Tony put up with our too much talking and laughing & not enough looking at our menus nonsense. Everyone needs a little New Orleans in their life and Storyville is just the place to get it!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nothing special food did notOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 11/3/2013Nothing special food did not have enough Cajun flare . They need some more traditional dishes.
- Just like being back in the BigEasyOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 11/1/2013A Menu you would expect to see in a NOLA restaurant. Ranges from appetizers to small plates & Po' boys to entrees with plenty of seafood. Service was very good & attentive. Ambience relaxing and pub like. would go back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lovely restaurant, excellent staffOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/1/2013Food was wonderful,staff very attentive. Great for groups. nice little find.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not quite NolaJurazVIPDined on 10/26/2013We were greeted by an excellent caring waitress with a wonderful disposition. Something was wrong with their soda fountain because each mixed drink tasted like seltzer and vodka . They give huge portions which is not necessary for my spouse and me. A side salad was able to feed 3 people. Our fried green tomatoes consisted of 7 beefsteak tomatoes, not authentic. I had the shrimp étouffée and my husband had the catfish entree . Both dinners contained enough food for 2 to share. It was edible but nothing to write home about. the chef needs to visit New Orleans to understand our disappointment.
- Go South!food4thoughtDined on 10/25/2013This new addition to the Huntington food scene is worth a visit. Authentic New Orleans cooking is a nice change of pace. The entree portions are large. If you are not a big eater, go for the small plates. Highly recommend the veal and grits. The restaurant is in an old house and the entrance is up the brick walkway to the left (currently not marked.)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedAndyDined on 10/24/2013Biscuits in bread basket were stale and at room temperature. Rib appetizer was delivered at room temperature. Sauce for ribs was delivered in squirt bottles, unimpressive tastes. Entrees had too much rice. Gumbo soup was the highlight of the meal. Wait staff attentive. The idea of New Orleans food is good, however, wewill not go back.
- Nice addition to HuntingtonReilly810Dined on 10/19/2013If you re looking for something other than Italian or Japanese and want to liven up your dining experience you should try Storyville. The extensive drink menu is great and there are some nice choices on the menu to satisfy a fish fry craving. Portions are extremely generous. My only issue is that this place needs decor HELP! Put up some Christmas lights at least! It needs some New Orleans jazzing up big time. The bar area is just begging for some oversized chairs and plush seats covered in fleur de lis so people can hang out, drink and eat those great bar yummies. We will go back in the summer to sit outside, the courtyard is a hidden gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Food Is The Story(ville)RadioPeriVIPDined on 10/18/2013Would choose 3 1/2 stars if it was an option but will round up due to the quality of the food, which we very much enjoyed. Went for the DineHuntington promotion, which was executed with varying degrees of success. All the glitches were service-oriented, however, so if you get luckier with your server (or have modified expectations), you will be happy. We dined well, sharing the Fried Crawfish Tails and Chicken Fried Shrimp appetizers, Chicken Jambalaya and Shrimp and Grits for appetizers, and Beignets and Tollhouse Pie for dessert. Be aware that there are no prices listed on the liquor menu, and you will have to inquire about wines by the glass. We were also charged for a plain coffee refill, which was removed when we asked about it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Theme Correct Cajun ExperienceGeeDubbDined on 10/15/2013Staff was friendly, prompt, and knowledgeable. Atmosphere was perfect for a late evening dinner. Portions were plentiful and menu was varied.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a disappointment! First,GlobaltravelerVIPDined on 10/15/2013What a disappointment! First, the cornbread was good, but the center of the biscuit was a little wet. For the appetizer I had the Chicked Fried Shrimp in some kind of sauce with sausage - BLAND! I never have to use condiments in good restaurants, but the shrimp along with the sauce had absolutely no seasoning. For my entree I had the Shrimp and Grits, which was more like butter laden grits soup again without any seasoning or taste. The dessert, Tollhouse Cookie Pie was only good part of the meal. I have been to New Orleans so I know what the food is supposed to taste like. They totally missed the mark. I noticed that I was the only person that did not get any beads. Maybe they were magic beads that would havemake the food taste better!
- Last time we were there itOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 10/12/2013Last time we were there it was very good. This time the food was not good, the service was awful and management even after agreeing with this reneged on the free drinks offered to make up for the problems
- We had a pleasant experience.mandeDined on 10/11/2013We had a pleasant experience. Although the waitress brought t. We'll go back. he wrong entree it was quickly rectified and owner came over to apologize and sent us home with some gourmet coffee beans.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- i really wanted to like this placeapomaDined on 10/5/2013was excited about having a cajun food restaurant in my area since we usually venture to the south shore to Big Daddys. the place was kind of cool but needs a bit of fixing up, maybe some background blues music to add some ambiance. outside eating area was a bit shabby. love cajun but food was mediocre. the sausage used in some dishes tasted like supermarket bought hillshire farm. spicy "hot" dishes were very mild. on the positive side, it wasn't pricey but would have gladly paid more for good cajun food.
- Great foodjed1273Dined on 10/4/2013the food was great here! The fish tacos were amazing. The ribs were delicious and could feed an army. The drinks were great. My only problem is they need to separate the restaurant from the bar next door - change the entrance or something. Once you get past that connection, the food is great!Special Features:
- True HospitalityCeCe35Dined on 10/2/2013Food was great, ambience was good but you couldn't ask for better service. They truly understand hospitalitySpecial Features:
- they try -how they trytomayVIPDined on 9/28/2013you really want to like this place-but it just isnt what it set out be- anyone thats been to new orleans will know that in 2 minutes hey you may like it! wasnt for me
- Garvins/Finleys with a slight CajunFrequentdinerVIPDined on 9/20/2013We were excited when we first read about Storyville, thinking the restaurant would add something fresh to the Huntington restaurant scene. We envisioned New Orleans themed decor, music and food. Well, we could have been sitting in Garvins or Finleys of old. The owner and the waitstaff are attentive and helpful. The food does have a Cajun twist but after two visits I must say that they have not hit the ball out of the park. Everything we have tried has been ok. Nothing special. The big draw is the outdoor patio, as it always has been. If it is a nice evening and you want to sit outside, this may be the place to go. Just beware of the shortcomings.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedGeriDined on 8/31/2013My husband and I were excited to try this new restaurant. The food was mediocre. There was no special zing to this NOLA themed menu. It is a cute restaurant but they need to address the issue of tasteless food.
- Third time I tried somethingeatoutoftenDined on 8/25/2013Third time I tried something new on the menu & it was delicious. As usual the staff was friendly & attentive. Really enjoyed a gret dinner out with friends.Special Features:
- Storyville is a fasade.LvJvVIPDined on 8/23/2013After reading the reviews we where very excited about trying it. What a big disappointment.
- exceeded expectationsrmpwDined on 8/11/2013First visit has left us struggling to decide what to order next time. Although the fried pickles and green tomatoes were done in flour rather than corn meal, which i prefer, they were very good. The pickles are a very large serving. The homemade dipping sauce was excellent. Their regular french fries were amazing, I order them wherever we go. Our server helped us with the menu, her knowledge of the selections and drink suggestions was impressive. I had the red beans and rice with sausage, quite spicy but delicious. My husband and daughter loved the craw fish etouffee, I will try the chicken version next time. The desserts were excellent, I highly recommend the apple and the praline dessert. table side bananas foster was fun to share.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The restaurant was very niceNeiceyDined on 8/10/2013The restaurant was very nice saw the reviews that's why we picked it, we were not disappointed it was as good as the reviews said and more would definitely recommend it to others. Had a great time would definitely go backSpecial Features:
- New Orleans comes to Long IslandseektravelVIPDined on 8/10/2013We enjoyed fried pickles, gumbo & ribs! We will be back!
- Needs more workFrednycVIPDined on 8/2/2013We wanted to try a new restaurant in Huntington. Our expectations were lowered when we realized that the restaurant is attached to a busy bar. The restaurant had opened recently and advertised New Orleans fare. The menu is too ambitious. It needs to be pared down to 5 or 6 appertizers and a similar # of main courses. The service was well intentioned but it did not appear to us that much effort went into training staff. We were comp'd on several items due to a long wait for food, but it was not worth the effort. We will return fi there is a major overhaul.
- Great Staff!FoodFaceVIPDined on 7/25/2013This was our first time here, but we couldn't have asked for a better experience. Our waitress, Jessica, was extremely accommodating when it came to my special dietary needs. The portions were the perfect size and the prices were very reasonable. The owner did a great job in converting that side of the building into the charming restaurant that it is today. Although we did not eat outside due to the rain, it seemed like a nice place to eat and relax. We will definitely be returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.