Storyville American Table
43 Green Street
Huntington, NY 11743Neighborhood:
Creole / Cajun / SouthernPrice: $31 to $50
Storyville American Table
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://storyvilleamericantable.com/
- Phone: 6313513446x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Saturday: 11:30am - 4:00pm, Brunch Sunday: 11:30- 3:00pm.
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Creole / Cajun / Southern, French
- Executive Chef: Brian Finn
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Cafe, Chef's Table, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Entertainment: Live Jazz Trio performs every Sunday during Brunch from 11:30am-3:00 pm
A word from Storyville American Table
At Storyville American Table, we hope to bring to you the trifecta that epitomizes New Orleans:Continued
Food, Music and Fun
So welcome and enjoy.
La vie est de vivre!
(Life is to live)
Food, Music and Fun
So welcome and enjoy.
La vie est de vivre!
(Life is to live)
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
Storyville American Table - Best Restaurants in Huntington ›
Storyville American Table reviews from OpenTable diners
64 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (43)neighborhood gem (35)good for groups (34)fit for foodies (31)great for brunch (25)great for lunch (17)special occasion (16)kid-friendly (14)vibrant bar scene (14)romantic (8)late-night find (6)hot spot (4)scenic view (3)notable wine list (2)Show More
- Kind staff, Satisfactory foodTea2VIPDined on 5/9/2014First time at this restaurant. The hostesses took a little time to come greet us, and were not professionally dressed. The waitress was excellent, and went out of her way to make us comfortable and happy. However, the food let us down. The breading on catfish, as well as the rest of the meal were undistinguished. The chicken jambalaya was a bland mix. I'm glad they were having a wine promotion, as that was the highllight of my meal -- the white wine from New Zealand was very good. We won't return.
- Like Being In New Orlin's!BurlyIVDined on 5/4/2014The service; food; ambience and atmosphere of the restaurant is top shelf all the way! The reservation process was very simple. Our table was ready when we arrived. The wait staff was very knowledgable of the menu and was very attentive. The chef has really produced some of the finest food we have had at a restaurant in a long time! I would give Storyville Five Stars!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top Cajun EateryFunnygirlDined on 5/4/2014Storyville is a great NOLA Cajun food fine. From outstanding cocktails to delicious charbroiled oyster to flavorful jambalaya and beignets that rival those of Cafe du Monde all the servings were exceptional.Special Features:
- Hidden gemOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/3/2014I only found out about this wonderful place because of Restaurant week, and I will be going back often. Different and delicious food, can't wait till we will be able to be outside. Great drinks and appetizers. Servers very friendly including the owner and bartenderSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Once Again DeliciousnessStaceyDined on 5/3/2014This was my second time here at Storyville American Table. The food is once again to die for, executive chef Brian is the best! I will not stop coming back, a great experience as always :)Special Features:
- Great place!DebRDined on 5/2/2014I had a girl's night dinner with a few friends on a Friday night. The food was amazing, so much to choose from. If you like southern cuisine, this is the place to go!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place, missing the spicyspicyduoDined on 5/2/2014Wife and I ventured out to Storyville and has an excellent time. Our dinner was perfect besides a missing touch of spiciness. One of the 3 course fixed price meals would have been enough for us both - plenty to eat. Maybe offer an option to turn up the heat (fire jambalaya)?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- StoryvillecDogDined on 4/30/2014Had a nice selection of good beers. My girlfriend and I enjoyed the food very much. They offered a large selection of unique apps and entrees. Physical appearance was very good and clean. Wait staff was polite and attentive.Special Features:
- Significant DisappointmentArnieDined on 4/30/2014Three of us had dinner there earlier this week during Restaurant Week. The quality of the food was disappointing. The coating on the catfish was far too thick and the fish tasteless. The jambalaya was bland. The shrimp and grits was 95% grits. The oysters appetizer was microscopic covered by an overwhelming sauce that tasted like canned cream of mushroom soup. The shrimp and fried green tomatoes appetizers were fair. The toll house pie also was fair. All of us enjoy Cajun cuisine and were looking forward to a good dinner. It didn't come close.
- Worth the tripeatdessertfirstDined on 4/27/2014Enjoyed the food and the Cajun style. Definitely will go back again. BUT the drinks were just so so.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Big easyBiegnetsDined on 4/25/2014Finally a Cajun/creole restaurant that doesn't just make everything spicySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First ImpressionsokemoDined on 4/16/2014Went on a quiet night with very few patrons. Had made a reservation through Open Table and while almost the entire restaurant was empty they seated us at a table for 2 with me sitting out in the hallway. Had to put the bread basket on the floor at one point to get room for the meal. Other parties of 2 were seated at larger tables more in the main dinning room. Guess Open Table reservation gets no respect.
- Delicious as alwaysMep0198VIPDined on 4/15/2014We have been here a few times and the food is always good, this trip however, the service was not up to par. There was no one to prepare the bananas foster table side and when it was served, it was swimming in sauce and not as good as usual. I ordered the French press as I have before but the waitress wasn't sure she could do it and came to the table with a pot for the table, not for one. I have had smaller pots before so I know they have them. The coffee was good but I only needed 1 cup, not a full pot. All in All, we will go back but I am not sure about the couple we brought with us. The server was fine, just not prepared and should have had someone to support her.Special Features:
- Loved itExcellentVIPDined on 4/11/2014Waitress was very accommodating - especially with substitutions when something ran out - had a nice time with friends and will definitely go back.Special Features:
- Great find!amy1Dined on 4/5/2014We were 2 couples with each person ordering completely different meals.... 1 had ribs, 1 steak, 1 shrimp and 1 catfish all with different side dishes. Everyone loved their entire meal and the portions were very generous. The ribs lasted for 2 additional meals at home. The service was attentive and each order came out perfectly. They have a full bar and large wine and drink menu. We will definitely dine at Storyville again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Southern style foodsMericVIPDined on 3/30/2014Greasy and not very flavorful food..nice atmosphere..but would not return.Special Features:
- Must Try the Jazz BrunchKW8hereDined on 3/23/2014Excellent! Excellent! Excellent! - We've been there many times (dinner, lunch and now the jazz brunch) - The food is plentiful and delicious - The Jazz Band made it even more fun. Would not hesitate to recommend StoryvilleSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dated and DirtyMrsCDined on 3/22/2014I would not waste my money on this place. It is dirty and the food was less than impressive. Go somewhere else !
- This was my husbands and myboopbettyDined on 3/15/2014This was my husbands and my second time to Storyville, this time with friends. My husband tried the cornflake tilapia which he like but was a bit over done, he enjoyed the sides of collards and the rice and black eyed peas. I had the shrimp with grits which I liked but would have liked a spicy sauce, it was a tad bland. My friend had the grits and veal which she said was ok, her husband had the shrimp with heads and shells, which our waitress explained would take some time to eat. She was right but he said it was worth the work. I would have liked that sauce on my grits and shrimp. I love the Bloody Mary's and the fried dough w/cinnamon. Our doggy bags got mixed up and we took the wrong things home, my only real complaint.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic family brunch!makeitbluVIPDined on 3/9/2014Delicious New Orleans cuisine and a great spot for family Sunday brunch!Special Features:
- excellentnadicaDined on 3/7/2014Like being in New Orleans. Excellent menu. Very authentic tasting dishes would go back again. Went with 3 others everyone loved there meal. Desserts are fantastic!!!Special Features:
- Sunday BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/2/2014Sunday Brunch at Storyville was just delightful. The food wad well presented, fresh, and varied. The indoor dining room is rather small so advise to make a reservation. The outdoor space is wonderful but not available until late spring. The jazz trio played soft but lively music throughout the brunch. it is also very family friendly and relaxing. Cant wait to return as they are always fine tuning the place.Special Features:
- we were really looking forwardphgatlargeDined on 3/1/2014we were really looking forward to this as we used to live in new orleans, and are always on the lookout for cajun cuisine on long island. it turned out to be a rather strange night, but not anything that was the fault of the restaurant. we were at storyville the night of a large fire in huntington village that caused a power failure minutes after we arrived. as such, the kitchen really didn't get the chance to show what they could do. my wife's jambalaya was flavorful, but the chicken could have been brined before cooking to add more flavor. the rest of us had po boys. they were fine, but would have liked to have tried something else. couldn't due to the power failure. the bread pudding was very good. will try again some other time.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice time at StoryvilleMikeDined on 2/28/2014We enjoyed the food. We had the price fix menu. The food was good and plentyful. Service was exellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not New Orleans at all!!LovetoeatoutVIPDined on 2/16/2014Very disappointed in the Storyville experience, The food is not New Orleans quality at all! If you are looking for a New Orleans like experience on Long Island, skip Storyville and head to Mara's Homemade over this restaurant. Food was poorly seasoned, and cannot compare to the true originals - do not recommend charbroiled oysters, shrimp and grits or the BBQ Shrimp. The only authentic taste of New Orleans was the chicory coffee which was terrific. if you are a foodie or you love New Orleans food, skip Storyville !
- Bourbon st blissDpd123Dined on 2/15/2014Love the concept and the food was outstanding. The staff is very knowledgeable. Love that the town has a neat & different place like this now. And again, the food is just great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Taste of LouisianaAlamodeVIPDined on 2/1/2014If you're wishing you were in Nola- Storyville is the next best thing. Fried pickles are delicious. For entrees- recommend the jambalaya, catfish and pulled pork. Toll house cookie pie for dessert. Nice beer selection.Special Features:
- Loved the BrunchHelensw5Dined on 1/26/2014Really great brunch. Wonderful buffet with oyster bar, shrimp, king crab legs. Wonderful southern dishes. Why is the bacon SO good? Omlette bar and teriyaki stir fry bar made to order. Of course the requisite baked goods. Really delicious southern food. Nice Bloody Mary too. Go. Don't miss.Special Features:
- A Bit of New Orleans in HuntingtoneatfromtheheartDined on 1/25/2014Our first time eating at Storyville. The entrance appears from the street as the same entrance to Finley's. Simple New Orleans feel with the brick and black and read decor. HUGE portions. They have a mix of cornbread and herbed rolls to die for. The fried pickles were good and the sauce was great. They were definitely homemade, but not pickled enough for us. The breading was fresh and not greasy. Stuffed crabmeat flounder; fresh real crab and plenty of it, light cream sauce and I substituted the mac and cheese with the rice. Mac & cheese was unbelievable! A must side dish! Jambalaya was great! We also could not resist the flambé station. Banana foster was big enough for a table of four to share for a few bites! Booked for Valentine's Day!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very goodlisaVIPDined on 1/24/2014This was a great restaurant the food excellent the service was outstanding .I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food and seatingSveyDined on 1/11/2014Made RSVP sat us right next to hostess table and bartender was our waiter , strange but did a fine job , food needs more kick If you want New Orleans type food they need to take page from big daddy in massapequa park which is awesome and Mara homemade in syosset which very goodI would recommend this to a friend.
- deliciousgoodeatsDined on 1/9/2014We had a great time at storyville the other night, everything was delicious and portions were generally huge. Drink menu was great with nods to local NOLA spots and great beer selection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FestiveDDNYDined on 12/31/2013Storyville serves good drinks, good food, and has good service. The app (Kung Pao Calamari) was delicious (albeit salty for my palate). Every bit was consumed happily with a draught IPA from an extensive list of options. My main course, etouffe, was good. Our server was nice and attentive. For dessert, the New Orleans theme was topped with a generous order of Beignets (sp?) dusted with powdered sugar. It was, for me, a wonderful dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a wonderful restaurantTms317Dined on 12/21/2013What a wonderful restaurant this was! Our waiter was very knowledgeable and helpful. It has a New Orleans theme and gave out beads (without requiring skin) :) The meal was started with an amuse bouche which was quite delicious (corn chowder with a goldfish cracker on top). The etouffee was delicious, as was the jambalaya. Highly recommend!Special Features:
- Menu over sold food that actuallyclaudVIPDined on 12/20/2013Menu over sold food that actually came to the table.
- Nice Neighborhood FeelCasreactionDined on 12/9/2013Went to dinner for a friends birthday - wanted a place that was nice, casual and could have some laughs! Food was very good, waiter was adorable (don't know if it's his first time in the field but he did his best-no huge issues). Location was great - food portion was beyond!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth a Tryfood4thoughtDined on 12/6/2013Depending on what you order, the food can be disappointing or well prepared. Skip the watery oysters and have the fried green tomatoes. Opt for the veal & grillades and skip the uninteresting chili. It helps that the service is always outstanding.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love the food, but service slowfoodGoodDined on 11/29/2013We have been to this location a few times and the service was on the slow side for 2, but we went here with 9 guests because we always like the food - the service was terrible. Staff was great, server was great, all were accommodating - when we first arrived they put us at a high table and saw it was a problem since we were with a couple of elderly people and the moved us to a lower table. It took for ever for the food to be served. We don't mind waiting but this was ridiculous, and you could see other tables felt the same. The food we love, but the services needs to be improved.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just like NawlinsNawlinsguruDined on 11/23/2013Very very close to being in Nawlins for the food we love The BBQ Shrimp was very much like Pascal's Manale, which is the best in Nawlins. I will be back to sample the rest of the menu which looks great. This is a keeper.Special Features:
- Nice try but needs some workRichDined on 11/23/2013Reservation was for 8:15 but got seated after 9:00 PM. Manager was apologetic and gave us free appetizer. Alligator appetizer was very tasty. Duck special and crawfish etouffee were good but had no canun seasoning at all and so were somewhat bland, hardly a taste of New Orleans Noise level was a bitt too high. Overall, place needs better organization and chef needs to go back to school for a class in cajun seasoning. Massapequa's Big Daddy's could teach the classSpecial Features: