Humboldt Farm Fish Wine
1700 Humboldt Street
Denver, CO 80218Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Humboldt Farm Fish Wine
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.humboldtrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 3038131700x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 3:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Wednesday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm, Thursday - Saturday: 3:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 3:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: DJ Nagle
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Special Events: We have Uptown's Best Happy Hour with $1 Oysters everyday, $4 wines and beer, $6 cocktails and so much more!
A word from Humboldt Farm Fish Wine
Located in Denver’s Uptown neighborhood, Humboldt serves inspired, fresh and approachable cuisine with a nod towards the American classics. Our inviting space with abundant seating includes a beautiful outdoor area as well as private dining in an open atrium. We serve lunch, dinner, weekend brunch and daily happy hour from 3-6pm. Parking includes complimentary valet and off street parking.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Humboldt Farm Fish Wine reviews from OpenTable diners
259 reviews since June 28, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (174)neighborhood gem (165)special occasion (118)great for outdoor dining (109)good for groups (69)romantic (64)great for lunch (59)notable wine list (55)hot spot (52)great for brunch (42)vibrant bar scene (17)late-night find (12)kid-friendly (9)scenic view (4)Show More
- Great food and serviceLodoCatDined on 12/16/2013We had a great evening. Great food and the service was some of the best we have had in a long time. Server very personable yet professional. Nice atmosphere and fun bar scene but we were seating away from the bar so reasonably quiet while enjoying the ambience. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This was our first time there,suemeDined on 12/16/2013This was our first time there, and what a nice surprise. Very tasty food, and impeccable service!Special Features:
- Our first time since StringsOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 12/16/2013Our first time since Strings closed. It was a pleasant experience, and I would recommend it. The crispy broccoli was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pretty solid place - a few problemssteadycustomerVIPDined on 12/15/2013First visit was pretty good here. Menu was fine, Service was solid and better than when it first opened up ( one of our diners had been 2x before ). We were cold a several times and they tried to adjust the temp - no easy to do. The other issue is the noise level which was significant for us older folk…..just saying' …. Keep it up and I hope you make a go of it.
- Great new restaurant!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/14/2013Brandon, our server, was amazing, highly recoommend him!!! His service was spot on perfect!!!!! I have recommended the restaurant 5 times over already. Perfect food. Perfect service!!! I had the scallops and they were spot on perfect! the broccoli, the brussel sprouts and the butternut squash were all perfect sides. We had a party of 7 women and it can be hit or miss...everyone in our group thought it was a HIT!!! Nice job Humboldt!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sorry we wentJeanieDined on 12/14/2013Slow!!! Average food, but pricey, considering the skimpy portions. Cold coffee! Disappointing dessert. We read a Post review and expected better. The Post reviewer must have gone to a different place. We won't be going back. So sad to have lost Strings, and this Farm Fish Wine doesn't even compare.
- Fantastic ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/14/2013Eating at Humboldt was absolutely an awesome experience. The food was fantastic and our server was extremely knowledgeable about both the menu and the the wine list and his recommendations were spot on. The ambiance is great - I was with a group of 5 and we were in a quiet corner where we could actually hear each other. I would highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great - againKJWDenverDined on 12/13/2013This is the third time I've been to Humbolt in a month and 1/2 and I was not disappointment. Our server was very attentive and helpful and the food absolutely delicious.Special Features:
- Fantastic service!DenvahguyDined on 12/12/2013My girlfriend and I went there the other night and were treated to outstanding service! The manager really went out of his way to make sure we were taken care of. We'd actually forgot to print out our concert tickets and they offered to print them out for us! Beside the service, the food was very good and the restaurant had a great atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Burger!rockiesfan1Dined on 12/12/2013I was recently at Humboldt and just wanted "comfort food" - not a big entree. It was the best burger I have ever had. I've been raving about it for days. Can't wait to go back! Cucumber Gimlet was also very good - highly recommendSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch GemCarolDined on 12/12/2013The Smoked Trout Dipping Sauce with Onion Marmalade was outstanding; the accompanying house-made chips most delicious. Large serving, more than enough for two. We just added small salad or clam chowder (good but unexpectedly spicy). Desserts huge and yummy! Brought half home. This was at lunch time---plan to return for dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This was my second visit andOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/11/2013This was my second visit and I absolutely love it!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Conscientious Fish, Service, PrepCLOWNFISHDined on 12/11/2013Our party of four sat at a table adjoining the bar, so there was a bit too much noise for conversation. Humboldt is one of those few restaurants in Denver who have caught on to the "responsible/sustainable" sourcing of their seafood selections, including oysters (both raw and cooked), large game fish (tuna, cod, etc), and farmed shellfish. Most won't divulge who in town sources their seafood, but Humboldt proudly features selections from Seattle Fish, a local company that carefully vets its providers for compliance with sustainable fishing/farming practices. Same with their beef, which comes from Crystal River ranch near Carbondale (no antibiotics, no growth hormones). A recent remodel of the famous Strings space is splendidly done. Try itSpecial Features:
- Great spot to while away an eveningStellaElevenDined on 12/7/2013Can't say enough good things about the small plates and oysters--all that my companion and I ordered was delicious. If this is your groove, do not miss the smoked salmon dip! Or the broccoli! I chose to explore the cocktail menu on my first visit, but I was surprised to see they have a respectable collection of craft beer (cans, even) for about $4.50 per. And when they're charging $4.25 for a Coors Light, well, what would YOU choose? I wouldn't call Humboldt casual, necessarily, but the menu, service, and atmosphere is pretty laid back. Maybe our server was a little too laid back, or just a bit dotty, but this was excusable enough and did not impact our enjoyment of the evening. Would love to come back again and again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First visit first impressionsDanlDined on 12/7/2013We took our friend from Miami Saturday night and they raved about the fish! A great first visit for us and we will be back again. Food , wine, and coctails all excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Humboldt Farm Fish WinefranknmooreVIPDined on 12/6/2013We enjoyed Humboldt very much and will go back. The service was excellent with staff very knowledgable about wine and food. The menus has many options with various fares fitting for the name 'Farm, Fish and Wine.' Great addition to our neighborhood.Special Features:
- Great if you're on a dietOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/29/2013The food is very tasty, and well presented. The service is good. It is expensive and the portions are very small.Special Features:
- Thanksgiving dinnerPartyof5Dined on 11/28/2013Traditional thanksgiving dinner was great, waitstaff was attentive and flexible, gluten free molten chocolate cake was a hit. Definitely recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thanksgiving Day ReviewUptownGirlDined on 11/28/2013After reading many positive reviews about this restaurant, we decided to try it for Thanksgiving. It was wonderful! We loved the special Thanksgiving day entree options, abundant side dishes (I normally do not care for brussell sprouts but loved the deep-fried ones), tasty dessert board, as well as the ambiance in the garden room. I am eager to try the standard menu sometime soon. Also, learned a great new word there - "kina'ole." Look it up.Special Features:
- ExcellentCyrfood123Dined on 11/28/2013Went for thanksgiving. It was an excellent meal. It will certainly be a traditionSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mostly excellentDrmickjrVIPDined on 11/28/2013We had an expensive, very good lunch at Humboldt on Thanksgiving. The food was excellent with one rather strange exception: the salad. The salad was supposed to be arugula but was mostly large pieces of spinach that had not even been stemmed. The few bits of arugula in this poor salad were not delicate, but large and rough. At a time when salads are so good in Colorado restaurants, it was odd to serve a throwback to the worst of the 70s. The entrees were delicious, as were the vegetables. Service was terrifically good. And the wine list contains many well-chosen selections at the lowest level of markup we have seen in Colorado in years. This would be an unqualified highly recommended restaurant if it were not for the abysmal salad.Special Features:
- 3rd Time Back and There Will Be MorKellyVIPDined on 11/26/2013Humboldt has a great happy hour menu and I love the communal table in the bar. The food is fantastice, a great addition to restaurant row on 17th Ave!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I was pleasantly surprisedsduranDined on 11/23/2013I was pleasantly surprised at the quality of the food and the service. Nick was exceptional and I would highly recommend this restaurant. The swordfish was cooked perfectly. The brussel sprouts were amazing. I never eat them and I finished the whole bowl! The food is fresh and very simple. Something I can appreciate.Special Features:
- DifferentSteveDined on 11/23/2013I was a regular at Strings for 20 + years and I miss it very much. Humbolt is very different and much more laid back which is probably just what it needs to be for today's client. The food is good and we will dine there again. It's just sad that there really is nothing in Denver that can replace Strings. Noel Cunningham was one of a kind!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary dinnerCaesarDined on 11/22/2013The food was excellent and the waiter was very knowledgeable of the entire menu and how it is prepared. He also had a very good knowledge of the wine list. He was also very friendly and presented us with a bottle of champagne (called in and paid for by our daughter) with quite pomp for our anniversary. Very enjoyable atmosphere all night. Well done!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great mealMelissaBDined on 11/22/2013One of the better meals we've had in a long time. Great drinks, food and very good service. Highly recommend if you like the Denver food scene.Special Features:
- Beautiful redoMearielDined on 11/21/2013We had HH drinks and appetizers at the bar. Then my fun little group were seated in a corner between the buildings. The service was very good at the dinner table not so great in the bar area. The only food item I thought was bland was the breaded tempura. The calamari was good and the scallops were very tasty. The interior looks lovely since it was redone. They took the second floor out and the high ceiling is so nice. I will go back happily.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 3rd time as good as 1st & 2nd timeDaveDined on 11/17/2013Have been there 3 times since Humboldt Farm Fish Wine opened last month, which is testament to the quality dining experience of this new restaurant in the former Strings location. Try it. I think you'll like it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but lateFredDined on 11/16/2013Food was good and service once seated was good. BUT, didn't get seated until almost an hour after reservation time.Special Features:
- Surpassed expectationsChazipodDined on 11/16/2013While the restaurant is noisy, this minor nuisance is more than overcome by the fabulous food, which is beautifully presented and, most of all, by our server Amy. She was, without question, the finest server we have ever had the great pleasure of meeting. Amy was gracious, well informed, fun and genuine. Her enthusiasm for Humboldt's, for the food she was serving, and for us, was a total delight.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentdougDined on 11/16/2013From the friendly valet to the hostesses to the bartender to the sevee al waitstaff who supported our waiter, this was one of the most pleasant and professioal dining experiences we have had in years. That the food was delicious and fresh plus priced right was just the icing on the chocolate cake. We will be regulars. A nice succesor to Strings.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fair to poor serviceGaryDined on 11/16/2013Wait person brought wrong dinner (salmon in lieu of cod) and argued that it was cod. Then came back with right dinner 10 min. later. Also mixed up side dishes. No consideration on bill. Will not go back.
- Great additionFoodieDined on 11/16/2013This largely seafoood restaurant is creative, responsive and reaonably priced--food and wine both. It is a nice alternative to Denver's steakhousesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DelightfulDenverdinerVIPDined on 11/16/2013I was a devoted Strings diner for more than 20 years. Loved the place. So I was both curious and hesitant to try its replacement. I expected the space to be completely altered with no trace of what it once was. To my great delight, the space was updated and refreshed but it's still familiar and comfortable. That's exactly what I needed as a customer. The menu is fresh and appealing. The Lump Crab and Avocado Sslad was delicious. The service was outstanding - attentive but not over-bearing and everyone was smiling. Someone trained them well. I'm so happy to visit that familiar space and feel welcomed - while enjoying all the fresh new and delicious things Humboldt Farm Fish Wine has to offer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing With Even More PotentialSirkDined on 11/15/2013I went with a group of six and everybody liked there food but only a couple of us loved our food (I happened to love my dish). Brand new restaurant with a great menu and great staff and it should only get better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great New SpotSmudgeDined on 11/14/2013Happy Hours prices are great and oysters were superb! A bit noisy for us older folk but being seated in the back by the brick was a big help.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HappyOKDenverDined on 11/12/2013I am so happy to find this place! Our new favorite restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome Dining Experience!!luv2dineVIPDined on 11/11/2013Second time going to Humboldt and it didn't disappoint!! Had the steamed scallops and my daughter had the steak with greens. Delicious!! Dallas, our server, was top-notch--friendly, knowledgeable and efficient!! Will definitely be going back again!!Special Features:
- We had a wonderful time. ThegeorgiannaDined on 11/10/2013We had a wonderful time. The food was well prepared and very tasty, loved the crispy broccoli and the steak diane melts in your mouth. The staff was attentive and friendly and the ambiance was refreshing. Will add this to our list of favorites.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodRicharddadVIPDined on 11/9/2013There was an interesting item on the menu that we just had to try and we weren't disappointed, the Crispy Broccoli (House Favorite and we could see why) covered in Grana Padano cheese and a pepperoncini aioli. Wonderful. We'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.