Humboldt Farm Fish Wine
1700 Humboldt Street
Denver, CO 80218Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Humboldt Farm Fish Wine
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.humboldtrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 3038131700x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 3:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Wednesday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm, Thursday - Saturday: 3:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 3:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: DJ Nagle
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Special Events: We have Uptown's Best Happy Hour with $1 Oysters everyday, $4 wines and beer, $6 cocktails and so much more!
A word from Humboldt Farm Fish Wine
Located in Denver’s Uptown neighborhood, Humboldt serves inspired, fresh and approachable cuisine with a nod towards the American classics. Our inviting space with abundant seating includes a beautiful outdoor area as well as private dining in an open atrium. We serve lunch, dinner, weekend brunch and daily happy hour from 3-6pm. Parking includes complimentary valet and off street parking.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Humboldt Farm Fish Wine reviews from OpenTable diners
273 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (183)neighborhood gem (166)special occasion (129)great for outdoor dining (117)good for groups (65)great for lunch (63)romantic (61)notable wine list (56)hot spot (50)great for brunch (47)vibrant bar scene (14)late-night find (14)kid-friendly (7)scenic view (5)Show More
- Mostly excellentDrmickjrVIPDined on 11/28/2013We had an expensive, very good lunch at Humboldt on Thanksgiving. The food was excellent with one rather strange exception: the salad. The salad was supposed to be arugula but was mostly large pieces of spinach that had not even been stemmed. The few bits of arugula in this poor salad were not delicate, but large and rough. At a time when salads are so good in Colorado restaurants, it was odd to serve a throwback to the worst of the 70s. The entrees were delicious, as were the vegetables. Service was terrifically good. And the wine list contains many well-chosen selections at the lowest level of markup we have seen in Colorado in years. This would be an unqualified highly recommended restaurant if it were not for the abysmal salad.Special Features:
- 3rd Time Back and There Will Be MorKellyVIPDined on 11/26/2013Humboldt has a great happy hour menu and I love the communal table in the bar. The food is fantastice, a great addition to restaurant row on 17th Ave!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I was pleasantly surprisedsduranDined on 11/23/2013I was pleasantly surprised at the quality of the food and the service. Nick was exceptional and I would highly recommend this restaurant. The swordfish was cooked perfectly. The brussel sprouts were amazing. I never eat them and I finished the whole bowl! The food is fresh and very simple. Something I can appreciate.Special Features:
- DifferentSteveDined on 11/23/2013I was a regular at Strings for 20 + years and I miss it very much. Humbolt is very different and much more laid back which is probably just what it needs to be for today's client. The food is good and we will dine there again. It's just sad that there really is nothing in Denver that can replace Strings. Noel Cunningham was one of a kind!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary dinnerCaesarDined on 11/22/2013The food was excellent and the waiter was very knowledgeable of the entire menu and how it is prepared. He also had a very good knowledge of the wine list. He was also very friendly and presented us with a bottle of champagne (called in and paid for by our daughter) with quite pomp for our anniversary. Very enjoyable atmosphere all night. Well done!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great mealMelissaBDined on 11/22/2013One of the better meals we've had in a long time. Great drinks, food and very good service. Highly recommend if you like the Denver food scene.Special Features:
- Beautiful redoMearielDined on 11/21/2013We had HH drinks and appetizers at the bar. Then my fun little group were seated in a corner between the buildings. The service was very good at the dinner table not so great in the bar area. The only food item I thought was bland was the breaded tempura. The calamari was good and the scallops were very tasty. The interior looks lovely since it was redone. They took the second floor out and the high ceiling is so nice. I will go back happily.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 3rd time as good as 1st & 2nd timeDaveDined on 11/17/2013Have been there 3 times since Humboldt Farm Fish Wine opened last month, which is testament to the quality dining experience of this new restaurant in the former Strings location. Try it. I think you'll like it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but lateFredDined on 11/16/2013Food was good and service once seated was good. BUT, didn't get seated until almost an hour after reservation time.Special Features:
- Surpassed expectationsChazipodDined on 11/16/2013While the restaurant is noisy, this minor nuisance is more than overcome by the fabulous food, which is beautifully presented and, most of all, by our server Amy. She was, without question, the finest server we have ever had the great pleasure of meeting. Amy was gracious, well informed, fun and genuine. Her enthusiasm for Humboldt's, for the food she was serving, and for us, was a total delight.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentdougDined on 11/16/2013From the friendly valet to the hostesses to the bartender to the sevee al waitstaff who supported our waiter, this was one of the most pleasant and professioal dining experiences we have had in years. That the food was delicious and fresh plus priced right was just the icing on the chocolate cake. We will be regulars. A nice succesor to Strings.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fair to poor serviceGaryDined on 11/16/2013Wait person brought wrong dinner (salmon in lieu of cod) and argued that it was cod. Then came back with right dinner 10 min. later. Also mixed up side dishes. No consideration on bill. Will not go back.
- Great additionFoodieDined on 11/16/2013This largely seafoood restaurant is creative, responsive and reaonably priced--food and wine both. It is a nice alternative to Denver's steakhousesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DelightfulDenverdinerVIPDined on 11/16/2013I was a devoted Strings diner for more than 20 years. Loved the place. So I was both curious and hesitant to try its replacement. I expected the space to be completely altered with no trace of what it once was. To my great delight, the space was updated and refreshed but it's still familiar and comfortable. That's exactly what I needed as a customer. The menu is fresh and appealing. The Lump Crab and Avocado Sslad was delicious. The service was outstanding - attentive but not over-bearing and everyone was smiling. Someone trained them well. I'm so happy to visit that familiar space and feel welcomed - while enjoying all the fresh new and delicious things Humboldt Farm Fish Wine has to offer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing With Even More PotentialSirkDined on 11/15/2013I went with a group of six and everybody liked there food but only a couple of us loved our food (I happened to love my dish). Brand new restaurant with a great menu and great staff and it should only get better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great New SpotSmudgeDined on 11/14/2013Happy Hours prices are great and oysters were superb! A bit noisy for us older folk but being seated in the back by the brick was a big help.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HappyOKDenverDined on 11/12/2013I am so happy to find this place! Our new favorite restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome Dining Experience!!luv2dineVIPDined on 11/11/2013Second time going to Humboldt and it didn't disappoint!! Had the steamed scallops and my daughter had the steak with greens. Delicious!! Dallas, our server, was top-notch--friendly, knowledgeable and efficient!! Will definitely be going back again!!Special Features:
- We had a wonderful time. ThegeorgiannaDined on 11/10/2013We had a wonderful time. The food was well prepared and very tasty, loved the crispy broccoli and the steak diane melts in your mouth. The staff was attentive and friendly and the ambiance was refreshing. Will add this to our list of favorites.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodRicharddadVIPDined on 11/9/2013There was an interesting item on the menu that we just had to try and we weren't disappointed, the Crispy Broccoli (House Favorite and we could see why) covered in Grana Padano cheese and a pepperoncini aioli. Wonderful. We'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Humboldt Street is backOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 11/8/2013Terrific new restaurant for the area, and the renovations to the space are wonderful and more open. The farm fresh food is absolutely delicious and innovative -- we'll definitely tell our friends and come back very soon!Special Features:
- Humboldt Pleases and Disappointspickyeater2Dined on 11/8/2013Fish is a specialty for this new restaurant. Our party tried calamari, haddock, ono, and oysters and found them all delicious, perfectly prepared. The two steak aficionados were happy with their choices too. We were in time for drinks during happy hour, a good deal, and the restaurant was quiet. When we left, it was packed and the noise level was high. The service felt oddly timed: when we first arrived, it took 10 minutes to get a waiter, and 20 before drinks came. Then main dishes showed up before we'd finished appetizers, and two of the main dishes arrived several minutes ahead of the other two. The food was good enough that I'd go back, but not during peak weekend hours: I like hearing what the person across the table is saying.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great happy hourOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 11/8/2013Tried for the first time and will definitely be back soon. The smoked trout dip is delish!Special Features:
- Wowee!CynindenverVIPDined on 11/8/2013High quality food at a reasonable price that is perfectly prepared. I had the steak burger, which was terrific. They forgot to add the crispy onions, but the waitress brought some when I asked about them. I couldn't decide between a number of side dishes and the waitress recommended the brussel sprouts - great choice. They were amazing. I also appreciated the fact that they were subbed for fries, at no additional charge. My friend had the chicken sandwich and fries - both were very good. For dessert we shared the molten chocolate cake - it was a bit too sweet for me, but my friend loved it. The salted caramel gelato that came with the cake was to die for!Special Features:
- A fitting successor to StringsDaveDined on 11/7/2013Have had lunch and dinner at Humboldt Farm Fish Wine since it opened in the former Strings space in October 2013. Very pleased with the quality of food, service, price/value and atmosphere/decor and am recommending it to my business associates and friends. Complimentary valet parking is a bonus.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LIKED IT BETTER THAN STRINGSdenvermelVIPDined on 11/7/2013We like fish, there were many fresh selections at lunch recently, and you get to pick your fish, pick the sauce and pick the accompanying veggie. Everything was so good and the service was excellent. Don't usually get dessert but it was a birthday. Their dessert menu was short but had every one of my favorites: Key Lime Pie, Cherry Cobbler, Creme Brûlée, Molten Chocolate Cake. Best coffee EVER! Pricey but worth it. It was marketing genius to call it Humboldt's. We could never remember the cross street this restaurant was on with 17th Avenue. Now we will always remember...it's on Humboldt!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I will return!DAVEDined on 11/6/2013The oysters were first rate - the seafood was good although there were bits of shell in the crab salad. The support staff working with waiter needed tightening up ( dessert ware being picked up before dessert arrives...) The crème burlee was runny and the key lime pie did not seem to have any key lime. I will return in a few weeks to see what progress is made. I have high hopes for this place!Special Features:
- Great food, but bread puddingTomMDined on 11/6/2013Great food, but bread pudding was tough. Quiet to talk in back room.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Humboldt is great!dmhtghVIPDined on 11/3/2013Four of us ate a Humboldt Sunday evening. Everything was top notch. The wine list has nice choices and reasonable prices. We started with stacked garlic bread, crispy broccoli and baked oysters. The starters were wonderful, and the crispy broccoli is unique and delicious. We tried the beet and arugula salad, the fork and knife caesar and clam chowder. The chowder was as good as we've had on the coasts, and plentiful. We had swordfish, black cod and the steak and fries for entrees. Everyone was extremely pleased with their entree choice, and we shared bites and everything was delicious. Humboldt is a great replacement for Strings. It's great to have a new place in the neighborhood.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brunch at HumboldtVickieDined on 11/3/2013We dined outside for brunch on Sunday in November--- gotta love Colorado. We had a very nice waiter, Ryan. My friend and I both had the same meal: eggs benedict and Bloody Marys. The eggs were cooked perfectly and the plate came to the table hot, not cold like happens a lot at many restaurants. We lingered and talked and talked, but it was such a beautiful day and we felt so welcome and relaxed. It was hard to leave! Very nice what they have done with the former Strings space. We will be back again soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable nightWCDavVIPDined on 11/2/2013Happy hour pricing is insanely good! We dined early on a Saturday. Starting with a drink on the paio, we moved to a nice table inside for our meal. The trout dip and fried broccoli were delicious starts. I ate the halibut special and thoroughly enjoyed my meal. We left and ended up returning that same night for dessert. It was quite good as well. Will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fresh & Scrumptious!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/1/2013Almost everyone in our party of four loved everything from their wine, appetizers, entrees to dessert and espresso (one exception was the lobster risotto which was too rich - but I think you take that risk whenever ordering risotto). The crispy broccoli and roasted brussel sprouts will convert any veggie hater. Service was great in that we at never point felt rushed, our server was knowledgable and honest, and the bussers were attentive. Can't wait to introduce other friends to their new fave restaurant in town!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent local spot...AllyDined on 10/31/2013From the moment i walked in the front door to the moment i left, the service was amazing. Very attentive, very knowledgeable, great pairing suggestions, every server and hostess i saw was smiling! The food was excellent, great choices of ingredients for the dishes! The wine selection was great,wines from all over the world,different years,both by the glass and by the bottle. The desserts were delicious! The prices were a bit much for the "non fresh daily" meals that are always on the menu everyday. I would suggest adding a weekly, or even daily, special dessert. With "Wine" being part of the name, that calls out "DESSERT" for those late night dinner/dessert goers and a special dessert being offered would be a great push for wine partakers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great space, great foodBeverleyVIPDined on 10/31/2013First I took my boyfriend here for dinner on his birthday because he loves oysters. They were great, but so was the black cod and the salmon; simple and perfectly done. The desserts were fabulous. I went back with colleagues twice since then. I had salmon again, once as part of an autumn salad - so delicious. Both of them had the burger and fries and said they were perfectly done. This place is not inexpensive, but very reason Lu priced for the quality. We'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- All-Round Great Dining ExperienceLindaluVIPDined on 10/29/2013Excellent choices of American food, with options for smaller plates or full dinners. There were six of us and we tried everything from the natural chicken on a bed of mushroom risotto, to a bolognese special, to their Humboldt burger with a beef/bacon blend and Tillamook cheddar that was outstanding. Everyone raved about their meal. Love the interior changes. Very modern but comfortable. The wait staff (and everyone we came into contact with, from the valet to the hostess to the manager) was very friendly. Made you feel really welcomed. Our group eats out often, but this was the first time we had been to Humboldt. Won't be the last--for sure! I didn't comment on a "notable wine list" only because I didn't see that menu.Special Features:
- Great new find!TexgalVIPDined on 10/29/2013I often make my open table reservations based on prior reviews of a restaurant, but no reviews had yet been posted for Humboldt Farm Fish Wine. What an amazing find! Our server, Kim, was very attentive, gave great recommendations, and was incredibly patient. I was catching up with my cousin and we way overstayed our welcome - but she never made us feel that way and it was greatly appreciated. The food was phenomenal. We ordered their Crispy Broccoli, which was fantastic, and I then had the scallops - delicious! I'm not a professional foodie so can't provide the intricate reviews that would be expected of them, but the service was fantastic, food delicious, and I will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Perfect Dining Experience!CarolwhyDined on 10/28/2013Having been long-time fans of Strings, we were looking forward to the restaurant that was taking over that gem of a space. We were not disappointed. The new decor is lovely and we especially like the new high ceilings. Brandon, our server, was knowledgable, personable, and attentive to our needs. And most importantly, the food was excellent. The fish was perfectly prepared, according to our specifications, and the accompanying sauces enhanced the delicate flavor. Our two vegetable sides, squash with kale and a mildly spicy brussels sprouts dish, were absolutely delicious. Our dessert, a coconut key lime pie, was decadently yummy. We look forward to many more evenings of perfect dining!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice RenovationSmudgeDined on 10/28/2013Very contemporary and nicely renovated. Food was great but on the expensive side.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great new placeFoodieVIPDined on 10/27/2013Beautiful decor and food/service to match. Give them a try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved happy hour. Great drinksakdinerVIPDined on 10/26/2013Loved happy hour. Great drinks and oysters. Cucumber gimlet was tasty. Calamari is the standout.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.