1201 South Lamar Boulevard
Austin, TX 78704Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.oddduckaustin.com/
- Phone: 512-433-6521x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Mon-Fri 1130 am - 230 pm
Brunch: Sunday 1030 am - 230 pm
Dinner: Sunday through Thursday 5 - 10 pm
Friday and Saturday 5 - 11 pm
Bar: Mon-Fri 1130 am - close
Sat: 5 pm - close
Sun: 1030 am - close
Happy Hour Mon - Fri 3-6 pm
Sunday 230 - close
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Bryce Gilmore
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Odd Duck has a great 4 seasons patio. Great views of Downtown Austin and plenty of space to entertain your guests.
- Private Party Contact: Jason James 512-433-6521x
A word from Odd Duck
Odd Duck features a seasonal menu inspired by our local farmers. Utilizing our wood fire grill and oven, we offer shared plates and an extensive bread program. Our crafted drink menu will share in a similar philosophy as the food. With a great high energy atmosphere driven by our open kitchen, Odd Duck is the perfect spot to see what our community has to offer.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
Odd Duck - Best Restaurants in Downtown ›
Odd Duck reviews from OpenTable diners
364 reviews since July 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (315)hot spot (203)neighborhood gem (158)special occasion (150)great for outdoor dining (131)vibrant bar scene (106)good for groups (98)great for brunch (85)great for lunch (83)romantic (69)notable wine list (46)late-night find (31)scenic view (17)kid-friendly (12)Show More
- Best Food in the CityeyeriseyeDined on 8/23/2014I have been to Odd Duck four times, the first being opening week. It has gotten better each time. I don't mean this as a constructive statement. I mean, it was amazing the first time and continues to engage and surprise my pallet each time after. The service is the best in the city! Their plates are inventive and creative. I love the balance of vegetarian and meat dishes. I will continue to go and will continue to tell my friends and family to visit too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Farm 2 Table Blisspbillings512Dined on 8/23/2014Hopefully the heirloom tomato salad will be a stapleSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Dinner EVEREABFoodieDined on 8/22/2014I have to say that the meal I had at Odd Duck was hands down THE BEST dinner I've had at a restaurant...EVER...first off they have a German Pinot Noir on their wine list. I had no idea there was such a thing! VERY yummy. I ordered a few plates and all were amazing - first the compressed watermelon, then the zucchini pancake (my favorite!!!!), next the duck egg and finally the foie gras. I also had dessert but cannot remember what I had but it too was good - it was like a huge sugary croissant with brie and other yummy deliciousness on top. I bought beers for the kitchen and do hope they enjoyed them. (The menu features an option to buy $1 beers for the kitchen which I think is GREAT!) GO TO ODD DUCK IF YOU HAVE THE CHANCE!!!!!!Special Features:
- Loved itOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/21/2014Our server Stefan really added to the whole experience, he was just as excited for us to try the food as we were to eat it. Had a great evening, didn't break the bank and can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved the food, cool ambianceCr3ativegirlVIPDined on 8/21/2014We went with our teenagers for my birthday. We loved Barley Swine, so we knew what we were getting with the small plates. The server had a long discussion about the beers with my husband. We attempted to order bread because I knew the kids were starving, but the server said that we had order everything at once (same speil at Barley Spine). The food was inventive and fresh. The pretzel sticks, lamb ribs and zucchini cake were great. My favorite was the foi gras, loaded with fresh figs and greens. They gave me a delicious fortune cookie for my birthday. I think the portions here are even smaller than Barley swine. So, leave them at home and go have a fine date night.Special Features:
- Treat for the tastebudsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/20/2014Very much enjoyed our dinner visit here. The flavor combinations were excellent. There was not a dish or dessert we didn't like! Would recommend it and would return if ever in the area again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FOODCHARLESDined on 8/19/2014FOOD WAS GERERALY GOOD BUT LIMITED. SALTY SOW MUCH BETTER.
- Smart MenuCakeyDined on 8/18/2014The menu was stellar! The flavors in each dish were out of control good!!! The cocktail menu was fantastic also. I took my husband for his 31st birthday , we sat at the bar and enjoyed watching the cooks in front of us create each dish. Our server was so friendly and everyone that delivered our food was very knowledgeable of the dish. Would recommend !!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Turned my teens into foodies!momof3teenboysplus1Dined on 8/17/2014My children have adventurous palates. Exhibit A: my 17yr old chose Odd Duck for his family birthday dinner. Ages 10-17, my four ate every bite of every dish they brought out! As and adult, there were some dishes that just sang! Anytime they have pasta and a meat sauce (it was goat this time, beef last) order it. Have them "bring me food". And their imaginative yet familiar drinks, have at least one different one each time you go.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OverhypedAustinnativeDined on 8/17/2014This restaurant is good, but with all the hype surrounding it you may be expecting something spectacular in which case you'll be disappointed. If you keep your expectations in check, you will have a nice dinner at a fair price. Sunday is happy hour all day.Special Features:
- Real food.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/17/2014What can you say about a place where you run in to the farmers who supply the food while dining? Real food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always excellent!BeyondPicketFencesDined on 8/17/2014Odd Duck is superb. I have never had a bad meal here going back to their trailer days. My recent experience for brunch rank among the best meals I've eaten. Highly recommended!Special Features:
- mother - daughter dinnerjandbDined on 8/14/2014We arrived early and parked but found out that the whole parking lot was valet, even though there were only 4 cars in the lot. The attendant said it was complimentary and we asked him not to move it. Our waitress was friendly and helpful. She helped us decide what we wanted to order. Our food was delicious, especially the heirloom tomato salad and the tater tots. We'll be back and try more things next time!Special Features:
- Great Food Great ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/14/2014First time visiting Odd Duck and really enjoyed it.Special Features:
- That's no Odd DuckSjm112Dined on 8/13/2014It's a Killer Shark? Love this place. Great menu. Lots of small plates to try. High level execution.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinnerSlighguyDined on 8/13/2014We had a great meal here. Small plates are surprisingly filling.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bryce rocksPopsnanaDined on 8/12/2014The menu changes constantly, so your curiosity will bring you back almost most as often as the food. It is "contained creative". Not "over the top creative" for the sake of being creative, but they use the local items available and assemble them in luscious ways. The bartender served us and her advice helped us through the menu. Everything sounds delicious. Order any item that includes bread so you have something to sop up the sauces from each plate. Great selection of local brews and tempting cocktails as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Took clients from out of townOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/11/2014I had been looking forward to trying Odd Duck for some time and liked the atmosphere as soon as we walked in. We tried eight or nine different plates and I the ingredients were fresh, but the food was consistently overseasoned so the freshness did not come through, with the exception of the ceviche and goat pasta, which were excellent. The wrong plate was delivered to our table three different times and the while our waiter was knowledgeable and energetic, he didn’t seem to have control of the service. Glad I tried Odd Duck, but not in a hurry to go back.
- Wow!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/10/2014The Odd Duck is a treasure - casual bliss. The food inventions were creatively imagined and exquisitely prepared - and the service was unobtrusive but attentive. I could not imagine a better restaurant experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Inventive and CreativeOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/10/2014You will never get bored at Odd Duck, the dishes are unique and creative. The small plates make it a fun evening with friends. The service was great and extremely helpful. Our server took the dishes we wanted and had them served in a way to enhance the experience. It was wonderful. Odd Duck was a memorable event!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always AmazingBiggyVIPDined on 8/10/2014Every time I go Odd Duck it's amazing. This trip was no exception.Special Features:
- Nice place with good foodOpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 8/10/2014All of the 6 dishes that I tried was interesting with some more than others. Good service. Important to book for Sunday brunch at least.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great stop for a foodieEddiazDined on 8/8/2014My wife and I made it here for a later Friday night dinner. We had a great time. We just told the waiter to bring whatever he thought we'd like and then had a thoroughly enjoyable evening. The bar had some excellent drinks, as well. I look forward to returning and taking some friends who've never been. We're fans and will spread the word.Special Features:
- MehAfroCaribVeganDined on 8/8/2014My husband and I are vegan and we went there after being told they'd recently added a vegan and vegetarian menu. While reasonably priced, the food was lackluster. Vegan and vegetarian cooking is not rocket science.Special Features:
- The Truck was BetterArchieDined on 8/8/2014I've been to Odd Duck a few times, and though very nice, it is a far cry from the original food truck. I loved the creativity and constantly revolving menu of the truck. It always seemed to work, no matter what you were hungry for. While the restaurant also has delicious foods, it is trying to hard to be a hip hot spot. I realize it is difficult to maintain your originality and creativity while pleasing everyone, so I won't be too harsh, but the Truck was better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great small platesjayfoodieDined on 8/6/2014Odd Duck has only an odd part--it's name. The food is fabulous. Small plates of locally sourced ingredients served by friendly staff. A welcome addition to the Austin scene. Free valet parking. Busy, so have reservations.Special Features:
- Poorly treated. But Good FoodFoodyVIPDined on 8/5/2014I sent Odd Duck a note through OT requesting a "nicer" table as my wife is 9 months pregnant & soon to be housebound with a new baby. We arrived at 8:15pm & got the worse table in the restaurant (next to toilets, far away from main area). I asked to be reseated (they acknowledged the note) & made us wait at the entrance - for 45 min! The manager comped our wine and apologized so we accepted the situation. Everything was fine until I found a DEAD FLY in my half drunk water glass. DISGUSTING. It came from the water jug used to refill everyone's water glasses. The manager apologized and took $13 off our bill. This is insulting. I'm guessing you're striving to be one of Austin's best restaurants - wish your service lived up to that.Special Features:
- Fancy Food, Casual DressMikeyDined on 8/3/2014I love this place because you get to try out great food that you'd normally find at fancy restaurants, but don't have to dress the part. The food is farm fresh and the combinations of ingredients always surprises me. This is a perfect place for a double date as you can try more of the items on menu if you all share. This place is a bit pricy but worth the experience in my opinion.Special Features:
- Nice eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/3/2014My husband and I had dinner to celebrate my birthday. We had a nice table outside which was very pleasant due to fans and misters. Our server was great and the food was very good. Definitely not an every day dining place for us, but a great special occasion place for quality food and a little something different.Special Features:
- BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/3/2014Great restaurant to bring visitors for a unique taste of Austin. The brunch dishes are tapas-like and best eaten family style. It can be a little awkward to share due to the nature of the food (think poached eggs) so I don't recommend going for business or with picky eaters. We will definitely be back with all of our foodie friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- yumjammDined on 8/2/2014very good food, cool venue. heirloom tomato salad was awesome.Special Features:
- Good vibes, great foodFoodieClubDined on 8/2/2014First impression when we walked in: The hostess was super friendly, inviting and organized. Atmosphere & Experience: The food was fantastic, cocktails were superb and our server was knowledgable and made excellent suggestions. (I believe his name was Caten) We love the "beer for cooks" option. Overall great ambience, great vibe, excellent service and fantastic eats. This was our first visit and we believe consistency is important. We gave Four Stars for our first visit. My guess is we'll give Five Stars after a few more visits.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding food and serviceSunshineSusanDined on 8/2/2014We had lamb ribs (special of the night) which were OUTSTANDING! The heirloom tomato salad was fresh and the tomatoes were yummy. The foie gras mousse was also incredible. The only disappointment of the evening was the Ceviche, which uses bycatch (a fabulous idea!) but lacked the usual ingredients of tomatoes, avocado and onion. The flavor was boring compared to other ceviche I have had this week and the potato chip did not add anything flavorful for us. The service was outstanding, and we especially enjoyed the description of each dish as it was being served. The ambiance is meant for communal dining so if you want a private dining experience, this is not the place to go. It is pricey but expected given the farm to table experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dine1Dined on 8/2/2014It was my first time visiting Odd Duck. Our meal was spectacular. Everything is locally sourced. The waitress was very knowledgeable and stepped us through our dinning experience. I will go here again for sure!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love Odd Duck!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 8/1/2014Everything is fabulous...so fresh, unique, and delicious!Special Features:
- NevPev88Dined on 7/31/2014Delicious food, quick and friendly service, great ambience. Odd Duck is a must try for food lovers wanting something with new and interesting flavors.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So so very goodchloecaswellDined on 7/31/2014Odd duck never disappoints. There has not been one time that has not been absolutely phenomenal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for Girls Night OutG8t4GNODined on 7/31/2014Went here for a girls night and the small plates are perfect to share! We ate way too much but it was really good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another Successcaadams1Dined on 7/31/2014Bryce Gilmore & crew have once again delivered in a big way on small, share-able plates. Local farmers & food artisans are well represented. As a result, the fresh, seasonal produce in the dishes really bursts with flavor. The heirloom tomato salad included chunks of ripe peaches which blended perfectly in taste & appearance with the tomatoes, & were set off with a tiny bit of goat feta. The black olive pasta with braised goat was divine - the perfect savory finish to our meal. I highly recommend going, tasting & sharing the food, drink & ambiance of Odd Duck.Special Features:
- Odd Duck - Great FoodDineInAustinDined on 7/29/2014A group of five dined at Odd Duck. The food is terrific; waitstaff very friendly. We all shared plates and all were great. Wine list not very note-worthy, but we found a decent red for dinner. Good place for happy hour and drinks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.