1201 South Lamar Boulevard
Austin, TX 78704Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.oddduckaustin.com/
- Phone: 512-433-6521x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Mon-Fri 1130 am - 230 pm
Brunch: Sunday 1030 am - 230 pm
Dinner: Sunday through Thursday 5 - 10 pm
Friday and Saturday 5 - 11 pm
Bar: Mon-Fri 1130 am - close
Sat: 5 pm - close
Sun: 1030 am - close
Happy Hour Mon - Fri 3-6 pm
Sunday 230 - close
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Bryce Gilmore
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Odd Duck has a great 4 seasons patio. Great views of Downtown Austin and plenty of space to entertain your guests.
- Private Party Contact: Jason James 512-433-6521x
A word from Odd Duck
Odd Duck features a seasonal menu inspired by our local farmers. Utilizing our wood fire grill and oven, we offer shared plates and an extensive bread program. Our crafted drink menu will share in a similar philosophy as the food. With a great high energy atmosphere driven by our open kitchen, Odd Duck is the perfect spot to see what our community has to offer.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
Odd Duck - Best Restaurants in Downtown ›
Odd Duck reviews from OpenTable diners
364 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (310)hot spot (197)special occasion (158)neighborhood gem (154)great for outdoor dining (125)vibrant bar scene (110)great for brunch (89)good for groups (89)great for lunch (82)romantic (58)notable wine list (52)late-night find (32)scenic view (18)kid-friendly (12)Show More
- So so very goodchloecaswellDined on 7/31/2014Odd duck never disappoints. There has not been one time that has not been absolutely phenomenal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for Girls Night OutG8t4GNODined on 7/31/2014Went here for a girls night and the small plates are perfect to share! We ate way too much but it was really good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another Successcaadams1Dined on 7/31/2014Bryce Gilmore & crew have once again delivered in a big way on small, share-able plates. Local farmers & food artisans are well represented. As a result, the fresh, seasonal produce in the dishes really bursts with flavor. The heirloom tomato salad included chunks of ripe peaches which blended perfectly in taste & appearance with the tomatoes, & were set off with a tiny bit of goat feta. The black olive pasta with braised goat was divine - the perfect savory finish to our meal. I highly recommend going, tasting & sharing the food, drink & ambiance of Odd Duck.Special Features:
- Odd Duck - Great FoodDineInAustinDined on 7/29/2014A group of five dined at Odd Duck. The food is terrific; waitstaff very friendly. We all shared plates and all were great. Wine list not very note-worthy, but we found a decent red for dinner. Good place for happy hour and drinks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Four out of four starsSLADEDined on 7/29/2014Odd Duck is outstanding in every way. Perfect bites served by caring, fun people, all just in time. Best restaurant in Austin, and there are plenty of great ones.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth the hypethejeninaustinDined on 7/29/2014Small plates; giant creativity and deliciousness. Finely crafted cocktails; you won't find better anywhere in the country. Gluten free and vegetarian friendly options too.Special Features:
- Nothing Odd Here!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/28/2014Great food and great beer and wine selection. Already looking forward to another trip to Odd Duck!Special Features:
- My neighbor is "Odd"MoneyfingerDined on 7/27/2014It was a pleasure finding a dedicated veggie menu! So delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unpredictable, Inconsistent MenuFoodie9Dined on 7/26/2014Summer seasonal menu a huge disappointment! I was embarrassed bring my out-of-town guest to experience this expensive mistake. Chef needs to keep a few popular signature items on the menu year round to compliment the rotating seasonal menu.
- [ wonderful diningJoeLonghorn2Dined on 7/26/2014I had one of my finer austin dining experiences at the Odd Duck. Notable features include a diverse menu with many interesting choice, wait staff were knowledgeable, helpful,and very pleasant. The food was well prepared and very tasty. I highly recommend the Odd DuckSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tasty DuckTastepuppyDined on 7/26/2014We had our first dinner at Odd Duck on a late July weekend and it was seriously excellent... with only one hiccup. Overall service, fare and ambiance were pitch perfect for a casual, foodie night out. We sat at the bar and thoroughly enjoyed watching the staff in action, as we enjoyed bite after bite of our delicious meal. Our menu; Zucchini Pancake, Ceviche (the one hiccup: good but not notable), Lamb Shoulder (to die for), for dessert: Grapefruit Panna Cotta. The inviting outdoor dining area will be high on our list come cooler weather. It's so nice to try a new spot that lives up to it's good press. And Odd Duck does it in spades.Special Features:
- 73-year old dines outdiningAt73Dined on 7/25/2014Celebrated my birthday at odd duck. we lucked out and 'landed' the only seating that had chairs with backs! our special spot afforded us an scintillating view: bustling kitchen, chatting chefs - ?could the whole counter be remodeled to afford other diners' enjoyment? Austin's population is aging .... thus making the seating more 'comfortable' for us older folks might be considered. I had planned to bring a group of 8 'older/wiser' women friends to celebrate at odd duck but now have second thoughts. overall a delightful and delicious experience for this 73-year-old woman and her spouse. loved the 'details': garden bed of fresh sorrel, jars of canned tomatoes.......window views......recycled wood in various colors.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My experienceInsideDined on 7/23/2014The food experience was great. I was a bit disappointed that since I had booked my reservations a week in advance I was not given the choice to sit inside. I think that consideration should have been taken into account.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pork belly sandwichtacozsDined on 7/21/2014What a gem of a place. Before flying back to California we had sufficient time to explore this restaurant. The pork belly sandwich was outstanding. Definitely would recommend it to anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- first time visitingOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/20/2014Wasn't sure what to expect for my first visit but was presently surprised. The food was amazing as was the service. Looking forward to my next visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- odd duckOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/19/2014everything was superb from the parking attendant to the waitstaff to the food.Special Features:
- first time not the lastJustinATXVIPDined on 7/19/2014This was my first time eating at Odd Duck, it definitely won't be the last. I have to put them right at the top of the small plate restaurants in Austin.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wow that was amazing!GratzVIPDined on 7/15/2014My wife and I were in Austin and chose the Odd Duck for dinner. Amazing experience! We shared 4-5 small plates and each was its own creative meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lovely eveningmrswDined on 7/11/2014We had a fantastic time celebrating my mom's birthday here on a Friday night. The staff are all friendly and enthusiastic and the food is beyond compare. Home-y flavors with a fine dining touch. Can't wait to come back!Special Features:
- lifefeastDined on 7/10/2014From the moment Christina called to confirm my reservation, I knew I was in for an extraordinary dining experience. She was warm and friendly and made a point of asking and taking note of any food restrictions and/or allergies in my party. Our waiter, Josh was knowledgeable easy going and fun - he followed up on the dietary restrictions that had been noted and gave us a special menu along with the full menu. The food was incredible - bursting with unique well blended flavours and refreshing creativity. The atmosphere was lively, friendly and laid back. I look forward to returning regularly!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mary knew bestOutfordinnerVIPDined on 7/8/2014Our server Mary directed us perfectly in ordering just the right dishes. The pretzels were a surprisingly good bite, one I would not have ordered. Zucchini pancakes were yummy too! Duck egg dish was great but needed to cook the egg white just a little more. All in all, delicious bites.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dining experiencegretagirlDined on 7/7/2014From the wine to the food to the service, this was a great experience! The waitstaff was prompt, knowledgeable about the menu and the drink/wine list. Our waiter offered to surprise us with small plates and our only stipulation was keep it light on the more vegetarian side. Everything was perfect, even the wine he recommended. Odd Duck has been on my bucket list since it opened and I will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Oddly refreshingHokeyDined on 7/6/2014The unique mixture of ingredients in each dish made for a memorable experience. The drinks were really tasty. We sat at the bar and the tender was friendly and responsive. Well worth the trip.Special Features:
- Awesome first time visit!KelbellDined on 7/6/2014Eric was our server and he was AWESOME! As a first-timer to the odd duck It was very nice to be into be walked through the menu and told about the local farms where they source their meat and produce. We ordered a few dishes to share-which Eric explained is how the menu is meant to be eaten, family style. The Kolache was so amazing-goat cheese and jalapeno jelly on a seeded kolache, I'm craving it right now just thinking about it again. The bear chaw was great too just a little sweet, a red blackberry sauce and some fresh blackberries. We also shared the Fried egg sandwich. Wonderfully moist egg bun, pork belly, pickles and slaw topped with a runny fried egg- fantastic!! I will definitely be back, Hope to dine with Eric again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth your while in all aspectsborntohulaDined on 7/5/2014Outstanding service. Outstanding dishes. Outstanding ambience. Don't be fooled/ the plates are small/pseudo tapas style, but the creativity, taste and presentation are huge. SO happy we have Odd Duck in our city!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- bogartVIPDined on 7/5/2014I have eaten at Odd Duck now on several occasions,and have always enjoyed my meal and loved the innovative food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- All of the dishes were hitsLoneStarVeggieDined on 7/3/2014I went to Odd Duck with several family members for a birthday dinner. We ordered several dishes off of the menu, large and small, meat and vegetarian, and desserts. All were excellent, as were the cocktails. The outdoor balcony area is very pleasant and they are able to keep it fairly cool, and the service was good. It's casual, but the food is very creative and definitely far above average.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/2/2014I'm blown away by the combination of flavors in each dish that comes out. Not sure I've ever been this excited about eating somewhere. Thank you for this.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 7/1/2014Second visit, though first for dinner menu. Server advised 6-7 "share plates" for a couple...easily accomplished and we left quite happy. Could we have done a couple more? Probably, but that would've crossed discomfort threshold. The only "larger" ones we ordered were the softshell crab and black olive pasta (which also happened to be our only imperfect dish-a tad oversalted for our taste). Excellent service!Special Features:
- deliciousaustinmom42Dined on 6/29/2014A great place to go with friends and try interesting dishes. Outside seating was great in the summer - plenty of fans and misters to keep it nice and cool.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delightful dinner experienceMichelleDined on 6/29/2014Our server, Mary, was attentive, funny, but most of all knowledgeable about the menu and very helpful. Her guidance and the great food made for an engaging, entertaining and delightful dinner experience with friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/29/2014WE have eaten at Odd Duck on several occasions and have loved their creativity and fresh ingredients. This visit we felt they had become a little too creative and maybe a bit trendy with dishes like stuffed pretzels and tater tots. There was also no fish on the menu. The music was also a bit loud for our tastesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful SwanFoodieDined on 6/29/2014This odd duck turned out to be a beautiful swan. I would recommend this redtaurant to friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Odd DuckKarenDined on 6/27/2014We were seated out on the deck; less vibrant atmosphere than indoors but with 60's and 70's music piped in. Indoors seemed to be mostly the "young and hip" of South Austin, which in itself is uplifting for any age. The food was inventive with an awesome mixture of taste combinations using local vendor foods. Service staff was friendly and very attentive. Our favorites were the Black olive pasta with braised goat and the Heirloom tomato salad with peaches and goat feta cheese. Will return again to revisit the delicious Ceviche with by-catch, peppers, corn, creme fraiche, potato chips. We highly recommend this restaurant for foodies with diverse tastes. Karen and KarlSpecial Features:
- Keepin' Austin OddCarogavaDined on 6/26/2014So, so great on all counts. The Moscow Mules, the amazing fresh, local, absolutely delicious food, and the awesome service all add up to make this my new favorite spot for special occasion dining. I had my birthday dinner there the other night!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GoodJD83VIPDined on 6/22/2014It was good; not great, not fantastic, just good. The small plates were small - have to keep that in mind. As a person with a big appetite, small plates do not work - 30 minutes after leaving I wanted food! Our waiter, Katon was FANTASTIC! He was patient and helped our entire party navigate the menu (as we were all first timers). We even purchased "beer for the kitchen"!Special Features:
- Great placeBeltDined on 6/21/2014The food, service and ambience are fantastic!! Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodSusieKDined on 6/21/2014Small plates, all different creative and delicious. Great value, beautiful place. Try the soft shell crabs on the terraceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious & unique with fun serviceKirstenpetraVIPDined on 6/21/2014We loved our meal with friends - and our server Katen was so helpful and fun. Faves included ham and cheese pretzels ... Duck egg with texmati rice and mushrooms, tomato and nectarine salad and the tater tots (fancy ones) with cheese! So so yum!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Duck, Duck, goose!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/21/2014Making reservations was a snap. Even got a call from the restaurant before to ask about dietary restrictions and if it was a special occasion... It was, my birthday. We were seated at the bar area surrounding the kitchen. Lots of fun to watch our food being prepared. By the end of the meal I knew which desert I wanted because I watched them making it several times. Food was spectacular and so fresh! One of the best things we had was a surprisingly simple heirloom tomato salad. Also, the soft duck egg is a treat that has try be tried... Very yummy and satisfying. We got out for under $200 with cocktails and desert so that also was a nice surprise. All in all Odd Duck was awesomeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.