1201 South Lamar Boulevard
Austin, TX 78704Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.oddduckaustin.com/
- Phone: 512-433-6521x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Mon-Fri 1130 am - 230 pm
Brunch: Sunday 1030 am - 230 pm
Dinner: Sunday through Thursday 5 - 10 pm
Friday and Saturday 5 - 11 pm
Bar: Mon-Fri 1130 am - close
Sat: 5 pm - close
Sun: 1030 am - close
Happy Hour Mon - Fri 3-6 pm
Sunday 230 - close
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Bryce Gilmore
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Odd Duck has a great 4 seasons patio. Great views of Downtown Austin and plenty of space to entertain your guests.
- Private Party Contact: Jason James 512-433-6521x
A word from Odd Duck
Odd Duck features a seasonal menu inspired by our local farmers. Utilizing our wood fire grill and oven, we offer shared plates and an extensive bread program. Our crafted drink menu will share in a similar philosophy as the food. With a great high energy atmosphere driven by our open kitchen, Odd Duck is the perfect spot to see what our community has to offer.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
Odd Duck - Best Restaurants in Downtown ›
Odd Duck reviews from OpenTable diners
366 reviews since May 21, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (311)hot spot (198)special occasion (158)neighborhood gem (149)great for outdoor dining (132)vibrant bar scene (110)good for groups (92)great for brunch (84)great for lunch (83)romantic (57)notable wine list (52)late-night find (30)scenic view (20)kid-friendly (13)Show More
- Bryce rocksPopsnanaDined on 8/12/2014The menu changes constantly, so your curiosity will bring you back almost most as often as the food. It is "contained creative". Not "over the top creative" for the sake of being creative, but they use the local items available and assemble them in luscious ways. The bartender served us and her advice helped us through the menu. Everything sounds delicious. Order any item that includes bread so you have something to sop up the sauces from each plate. Great selection of local brews and tempting cocktails as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Took clients from out of townOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/11/2014I had been looking forward to trying Odd Duck for some time and liked the atmosphere as soon as we walked in. We tried eight or nine different plates and I the ingredients were fresh, but the food was consistently overseasoned so the freshness did not come through, with the exception of the ceviche and goat pasta, which were excellent. The wrong plate was delivered to our table three different times and the while our waiter was knowledgeable and energetic, he didn’t seem to have control of the service. Glad I tried Odd Duck, but not in a hurry to go back.
- Wow!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/10/2014The Odd Duck is a treasure - casual bliss. The food inventions were creatively imagined and exquisitely prepared - and the service was unobtrusive but attentive. I could not imagine a better restaurant experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Inventive and CreativeOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/10/2014You will never get bored at Odd Duck, the dishes are unique and creative. The small plates make it a fun evening with friends. The service was great and extremely helpful. Our server took the dishes we wanted and had them served in a way to enhance the experience. It was wonderful. Odd Duck was a memorable event!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always AmazingBiggyVIPDined on 8/10/2014Every time I go Odd Duck it's amazing. This trip was no exception.Special Features:
- Nice place with good foodOpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 8/10/2014All of the 6 dishes that I tried was interesting with some more than others. Good service. Important to book for Sunday brunch at least.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great stop for a foodieEddiazDined on 8/8/2014My wife and I made it here for a later Friday night dinner. We had a great time. We just told the waiter to bring whatever he thought we'd like and then had a thoroughly enjoyable evening. The bar had some excellent drinks, as well. I look forward to returning and taking some friends who've never been. We're fans and will spread the word.Special Features:
- MehAfroCaribVeganDined on 8/8/2014My husband and I are vegan and we went there after being told they'd recently added a vegan and vegetarian menu. While reasonably priced, the food was lackluster. Vegan and vegetarian cooking is not rocket science.Special Features:
- The Truck was BetterArchieDined on 8/8/2014I've been to Odd Duck a few times, and though very nice, it is a far cry from the original food truck. I loved the creativity and constantly revolving menu of the truck. It always seemed to work, no matter what you were hungry for. While the restaurant also has delicious foods, it is trying to hard to be a hip hot spot. I realize it is difficult to maintain your originality and creativity while pleasing everyone, so I won't be too harsh, but the Truck was better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great small platesjayfoodieDined on 8/6/2014Odd Duck has only an odd part--it's name. The food is fabulous. Small plates of locally sourced ingredients served by friendly staff. A welcome addition to the Austin scene. Free valet parking. Busy, so have reservations.Special Features:
- Poorly treated. But Good FoodFoodyVIPDined on 8/5/2014I sent Odd Duck a note through OT requesting a "nicer" table as my wife is 9 months pregnant & soon to be housebound with a new baby. We arrived at 8:15pm & got the worse table in the restaurant (next to toilets, far away from main area). I asked to be reseated (they acknowledged the note) & made us wait at the entrance - for 45 min! The manager comped our wine and apologized so we accepted the situation. Everything was fine until I found a DEAD FLY in my half drunk water glass. DISGUSTING. It came from the water jug used to refill everyone's water glasses. The manager apologized and took $13 off our bill. This is insulting. I'm guessing you're striving to be one of Austin's best restaurants - wish your service lived up to that.Special Features:
- Fancy Food, Casual DressMikeyDined on 8/3/2014I love this place because you get to try out great food that you'd normally find at fancy restaurants, but don't have to dress the part. The food is farm fresh and the combinations of ingredients always surprises me. This is a perfect place for a double date as you can try more of the items on menu if you all share. This place is a bit pricy but worth the experience in my opinion.Special Features:
- Nice eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/3/2014My husband and I had dinner to celebrate my birthday. We had a nice table outside which was very pleasant due to fans and misters. Our server was great and the food was very good. Definitely not an every day dining place for us, but a great special occasion place for quality food and a little something different.Special Features:
- BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/3/2014Great restaurant to bring visitors for a unique taste of Austin. The brunch dishes are tapas-like and best eaten family style. It can be a little awkward to share due to the nature of the food (think poached eggs) so I don't recommend going for business or with picky eaters. We will definitely be back with all of our foodie friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- yumjammDined on 8/2/2014very good food, cool venue. heirloom tomato salad was awesome.Special Features:
- Good vibes, great foodFoodieClubDined on 8/2/2014First impression when we walked in: The hostess was super friendly, inviting and organized. Atmosphere & Experience: The food was fantastic, cocktails were superb and our server was knowledgable and made excellent suggestions. (I believe his name was Caten) We love the "beer for cooks" option. Overall great ambience, great vibe, excellent service and fantastic eats. This was our first visit and we believe consistency is important. We gave Four Stars for our first visit. My guess is we'll give Five Stars after a few more visits.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding food and serviceSunshineSusanDined on 8/2/2014We had lamb ribs (special of the night) which were OUTSTANDING! The heirloom tomato salad was fresh and the tomatoes were yummy. The foie gras mousse was also incredible. The only disappointment of the evening was the Ceviche, which uses bycatch (a fabulous idea!) but lacked the usual ingredients of tomatoes, avocado and onion. The flavor was boring compared to other ceviche I have had this week and the potato chip did not add anything flavorful for us. The service was outstanding, and we especially enjoyed the description of each dish as it was being served. The ambiance is meant for communal dining so if you want a private dining experience, this is not the place to go. It is pricey but expected given the farm to table experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dine1Dined on 8/2/2014It was my first time visiting Odd Duck. Our meal was spectacular. Everything is locally sourced. The waitress was very knowledgeable and stepped us through our dinning experience. I will go here again for sure!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love Odd Duck!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 8/1/2014Everything is fabulous...so fresh, unique, and delicious!Special Features:
- NevPev88Dined on 7/31/2014Delicious food, quick and friendly service, great ambience. Odd Duck is a must try for food lovers wanting something with new and interesting flavors.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So so very goodchloecaswellDined on 7/31/2014Odd duck never disappoints. There has not been one time that has not been absolutely phenomenal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for Girls Night OutG8t4GNODined on 7/31/2014Went here for a girls night and the small plates are perfect to share! We ate way too much but it was really good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another Successcaadams1Dined on 7/31/2014Bryce Gilmore & crew have once again delivered in a big way on small, share-able plates. Local farmers & food artisans are well represented. As a result, the fresh, seasonal produce in the dishes really bursts with flavor. The heirloom tomato salad included chunks of ripe peaches which blended perfectly in taste & appearance with the tomatoes, & were set off with a tiny bit of goat feta. The black olive pasta with braised goat was divine - the perfect savory finish to our meal. I highly recommend going, tasting & sharing the food, drink & ambiance of Odd Duck.Special Features:
- Odd Duck - Great FoodDineInAustinDined on 7/29/2014A group of five dined at Odd Duck. The food is terrific; waitstaff very friendly. We all shared plates and all were great. Wine list not very note-worthy, but we found a decent red for dinner. Good place for happy hour and drinks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Four out of four starsSLADEDined on 7/29/2014Odd Duck is outstanding in every way. Perfect bites served by caring, fun people, all just in time. Best restaurant in Austin, and there are plenty of great ones.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth the hypethejeninaustinDined on 7/29/2014Small plates; giant creativity and deliciousness. Finely crafted cocktails; you won't find better anywhere in the country. Gluten free and vegetarian friendly options too.Special Features:
- Nothing Odd Here!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/28/2014Great food and great beer and wine selection. Already looking forward to another trip to Odd Duck!Special Features:
- My neighbor is "Odd"MoneyfingerDined on 7/27/2014It was a pleasure finding a dedicated veggie menu! So delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unpredictable, Inconsistent MenuFoodie9Dined on 7/26/2014Summer seasonal menu a huge disappointment! I was embarrassed bring my out-of-town guest to experience this expensive mistake. Chef needs to keep a few popular signature items on the menu year round to compliment the rotating seasonal menu.
- [ wonderful diningJoeLonghorn2Dined on 7/26/2014I had one of my finer austin dining experiences at the Odd Duck. Notable features include a diverse menu with many interesting choice, wait staff were knowledgeable, helpful,and very pleasant. The food was well prepared and very tasty. I highly recommend the Odd DuckSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tasty DuckTastepuppyDined on 7/26/2014We had our first dinner at Odd Duck on a late July weekend and it was seriously excellent... with only one hiccup. Overall service, fare and ambiance were pitch perfect for a casual, foodie night out. We sat at the bar and thoroughly enjoyed watching the staff in action, as we enjoyed bite after bite of our delicious meal. Our menu; Zucchini Pancake, Ceviche (the one hiccup: good but not notable), Lamb Shoulder (to die for), for dessert: Grapefruit Panna Cotta. The inviting outdoor dining area will be high on our list come cooler weather. It's so nice to try a new spot that lives up to it's good press. And Odd Duck does it in spades.Special Features:
- 73-year old dines outdiningAt73Dined on 7/25/2014Celebrated my birthday at odd duck. we lucked out and 'landed' the only seating that had chairs with backs! our special spot afforded us an scintillating view: bustling kitchen, chatting chefs - ?could the whole counter be remodeled to afford other diners' enjoyment? Austin's population is aging .... thus making the seating more 'comfortable' for us older folks might be considered. I had planned to bring a group of 8 'older/wiser' women friends to celebrate at odd duck but now have second thoughts. overall a delightful and delicious experience for this 73-year-old woman and her spouse. loved the 'details': garden bed of fresh sorrel, jars of canned tomatoes.......window views......recycled wood in various colors.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My experienceInsideDined on 7/23/2014The food experience was great. I was a bit disappointed that since I had booked my reservations a week in advance I was not given the choice to sit inside. I think that consideration should have been taken into account.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pork belly sandwichtacozsDined on 7/21/2014What a gem of a place. Before flying back to California we had sufficient time to explore this restaurant. The pork belly sandwich was outstanding. Definitely would recommend it to anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- first time visitingOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/20/2014Wasn't sure what to expect for my first visit but was presently surprised. The food was amazing as was the service. Looking forward to my next visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- odd duckOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/19/2014everything was superb from the parking attendant to the waitstaff to the food.Special Features:
- first time not the lastJustinATXVIPDined on 7/19/2014This was my first time eating at Odd Duck, it definitely won't be the last. I have to put them right at the top of the small plate restaurants in Austin.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wow that was amazing!GratzVIPDined on 7/15/2014My wife and I were in Austin and chose the Odd Duck for dinner. Amazing experience! We shared 4-5 small plates and each was its own creative meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lovely eveningmrswDined on 7/11/2014We had a fantastic time celebrating my mom's birthday here on a Friday night. The staff are all friendly and enthusiastic and the food is beyond compare. Home-y flavors with a fine dining touch. Can't wait to come back!Special Features:
- lifefeastDined on 7/10/2014From the moment Christina called to confirm my reservation, I knew I was in for an extraordinary dining experience. She was warm and friendly and made a point of asking and taking note of any food restrictions and/or allergies in my party. Our waiter, Josh was knowledgeable easy going and fun - he followed up on the dietary restrictions that had been noted and gave us a special menu along with the full menu. The food was incredible - bursting with unique well blended flavours and refreshing creativity. The atmosphere was lively, friendly and laid back. I look forward to returning regularly!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.