1740 Seidersville Rd
Bethlehem, PA 18015Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.boleterestaurant.com/
- Phone: 6108686505x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
Brunch: Sunday: 10:00am - 3:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Chef Lee Chizmar
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from Bolete Restaurant
At Bolete we believe the integrity of our ingredients defines the food. Everything is handcrafted in house. Chef Chizmar changes both the dining room and tavern menus daily to bring you the best of what is available.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Bolete Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Bethlehem ›
Bolete Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
61 reviews since May 19, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (51)special occasion (40)romantic (32)neighborhood gem (18)great for brunch (15)notable wine list (9)great for outdoor dining (8)hot spot (4)good for groups (2)kid-friendly (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Bolete was everything I hadSKYSDined on 12/21/2013Bolete was everything I had imagined it would be and more! Amazing time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Celbrating the holidays with foodOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 12/19/2013Visited this restaurant with someone that enjoys fine dining. We've ventured to many notable restaurants in the NJ, PA and NY area. This was one of the best. Very interesting menu on how standard items are prepared. Salmon, Duck, Steaks were some of the highlighted items on the menu the night we went. We both had the raw oysters and strip steaks for our main course. Came with a large portion of roasted veggies, unlimited rosemary dinner rolls hot from the oven. We had a beautiful bottle of Bordeaux with our meal. What a wine selection! so many interesting choices. Things are priced appropriately when you see how much preparation goes into your dish. I would definitely go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingDaisy0129Dined on 12/7/2013The scallops were perfection! Very accomodating to food intolerances. Can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Farm to Table At Its BestKateDined on 12/3/2013I've dined here before but this time we opted for the food and wine pairing samplers that the chef chose. Each course was an innovative adventure for the palate and an artful presentation for the eye. The wines selected were perfect complements to each course offering, in a perfect epicurean gestalt.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wow!OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 12/3/2013The Lehigh Valley is lucky to have such a classy and polished restaurant as Bolete! The staff is amazing. The Junior manager, Shannon, makes you feel at home instantly (and is hilarious, to boot). Doug, at the bar, is a genius and a gentleman (hilarious, as well). The food is incredible. Don't miss sitting at the bar (the popcorn they offer is amazing!) The menu is expansive and ever changing. It is a midweek gem as well as a weekend hot spot!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb BrunchFrankZDined on 12/1/2013My wife and I have dined at Bolete a few times for dinner and also for Sunday brunch. For fine dining this cozy establishment cannot be beat. The quality of food as well as service is outstanding. Atmosphere is great for the old colonial inn feeling. This chilly Sunday morning we sat by the wood burning fireplace! Wow! We left knowing that we will bring friends here to enjoy their tavern room for the upcoming holiday season.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- While the servers were veryOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 11/29/2013While the servers were very attentive the 1st course took over an hour to arrive and the 2nd course an additional hour; at that point we were not even hungry. It was extremely suprising.Special Features:
- A GiftOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 11/19/2013If you haven't been to this gem, then you are missing an amazing experience. From the amazing hostess, Shannon, who has class and personality. To the bartender, Doug, who has talent, charisma and wit. To the wait staff who are so professional and fun, at the same time! The Chef, Lee, is so accommodating to various food preferences. Don't feel that the menu is in stone, he can do anything!!!! We have had intimate celebratory dinners, eaten with groups or sat casually at the bar mid week enjoying the same menu and fare!! Bolete is not to be missed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful surprise!finefoodfanaticDined on 11/19/2013My husband and I recently dined at Bolete, and had a most wonderful time. We were heading to a show at the Sands Casino and once they knew that, they did everything possible to get us out in time. I have NEVER been in a restaurant that was this accommodating. I don't eat raw oysters but LOVE fried oysters, and they were more than happy to oblige. They truly are interested in pleasing their customer. It is as though you are eating in a friend's home. This is not a restaurant for a pedestrian appetite. The food is creative and somewhat exotic, so one must be a little bit adventurous or your might have a problem. The menu is small so there is not a lot for someone who is basically a meat and potatoes kind of person. Fabulous meal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent! !! First time andOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/17/2013Excellent! !! First time and will be back for sure. Just moved from philly and have been trying to find good restaurants and places for brunch. Food and service were terrific. Will be back for dinner.Special Features:
- A perfect mealLisaVIPDined on 11/16/2013After we left Bolete, my husband declared that it was his new favorite restaurant. He added that everything was done right.... The food was amazing, the "greyhound" drink was delicious and the service was impeccable. Beautiful place, we will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Long wait, great food.AnnieVIPDined on 11/16/2013The food is wonderful and different. Excellent service during dinner. Drawback was having to wait an hour for a 7:30 reservation. Would have left had it not been a special occasion. May prevent me from returning.Special Features:
- The way restaurants should beOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/9/2013Bolete is more than a night out at a restaurant - it's an experience. This is farm-to-table dining like it should be. If it wasn't made in the kitchen it came from a local farm, and it showed. Our food was plated beautifully, incredibly delicious and cooked to perfection. We were told by the staff the chef is very accommodating in case you had certain food allergies or didn't like a certain ingredient. No pretense here. Our experience at Bolete was so good we came back the next morning for brunch. The "eggs Chizmar" we're to die for. I would highly recommend making the trip. My only gripe would be it got a little noisy from a large table of six, but the din subsided when tier food arrived.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Stagecoach depot dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/9/2013Great food, service & ambience. Highly recommend when you visit the Bethlehem area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- horrible experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/8/2013We are new to the area and chose this restaurant for our anniversary because of its great reviews. We had a reservation and when we arrived, we were asked to wait at the bar. After being ignored by the bar tender for 15 min, we finally got a drink. He never spoke to us again. A half hour later we were seated at a table by the kitchen. Every time someone came out, the door hit my husband. We sat for 10 min and nobody even came over. We ended up leaving. The restaurant was under staffed and the staff that was there were very rude. Not the way I wanted to celebrate our anniversary.Special Features:
- Gotta Love The Butterscotch!Zest4lifeDined on 11/2/2013Great choice for a special occasion. The food was very good to excellent. Our waiter was outstanding and assisted us in selecting a great wine. The dining area was well decorated and comfortable but there is limited room in the bar area to wait for you table. The menu changes based on what's local and fresh. My Halibut dish was excellent. My wife had a chicken dish that was very good but her sides were not cooked sufficiently. Appetizers, soups and salad were all excellent. We both had butterscotch pudding which was absolutely fantastic!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved everythingHSMITHDined on 11/1/2013Bolete is rustic--the old farmhouse is cool. We could only see a bit of the kitchen but were amazed at the service out of what appeared to be a tiny area! Our service was outstanding--helpful but not hovering, not rushed, and paired a great wine. The food was simply outstanding. The bread is SO good. The appetizers were delicious-the tuna tartare was so fresh it was almost unbelievable and the croquettes had so much flavor. The scallops over ravioli were unbelievable and the duck was equally impressive. The flavors were simply incredible. And the butterscotch pudding I am still dreaming about. We live an hour away and can't wait to get back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousINMYHRTDined on 10/27/2013Bolete was recommended by an aquaintance and she was dead on! This place is fabulous. Wonderful food, terriffic service! Hands down one of the best restaurants. Yum!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday dinner for my wife !skibumDined on 10/26/2013Overall the dinner was good at best, very noisy, not a good place for a romantic dinner at all. I also think for what was included in the dinner it was very overpriced ! There are a lot of really nice restaurants in the Lehigh Valley that are much nicer, and the food is much better, and more reasonably priced. Our table was in a corner right in the path to the kitchen which made a traffic pattern right behind my seat, which made sitting there very uncomfortable. I would not recommend this restaurant to a friend.
- Bolete was amazing!JorgeDined on 10/25/2013I took my girlfriend here and it was honestly the best place we have ever been. It was a little expensive but well worth the price. So happy!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Like being an Iron Chef JudgewillzdDined on 10/24/2013My wife and I selected the 6 course Chef's Tasting from the menu (actually 6 savory courses plus dessert). You don't know what the 6 courses will be, but they are all worthy of an Iron Chef from the Food Network. As each course is served you are given an brief description of the dish. Everything is farm fresh and prepared to perfection. Our favorite had to be the sea scallop served on a portabella puree with a pork belly ravioli with apple gastric. This must be what it is like to be a judge on Iron Chef. Definitely the best dining of my life.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best restaurant in Lehigh Valley!JkuoDined on 10/20/2013Awesome food; great atmosphere, great service. Best place for a date!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticSilabusDined on 10/19/2013Fantastic food and great selection of beer and cocktails.Special Features:
- A Truly Great FindEat2RunVIPDined on 10/19/2013The menu was so creative and the chef was able to accommodate my dietary requirements. The wait staff was very attentive. Would visit here again next time I was in Bethlehem...heck, I would drive 6 hours just eat here again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FabulousEatMeatVIPDined on 10/19/2013Our first time here - and what a great meal - would have given 5 stars except the food was not warm when served - the server promptly reheated the plates and the food was great. HAd the Sea Scallops and Beef Two Ways. The service was impeccable and the snails we alse good. Would recommend for sure and will be back.Special Features:
- Bolete is Sweet!HappyDinerDined on 10/19/2013I took my wife here for her birthday dinner and we were very happy with the whole experience. Great setting, great service, great food. I started out with a Pear Old Fashioned which was great. They brought us some fresh homemade bread which was so good that we could have just had that and been very happy. My wife had the beef two ways - braised short rib and a ribey cut, and I had the special Roast Long Island Duck. We were both very pleased with both. Best risotto I ever had came with my duck. Sarah was our server and she was great - she highly recommended the butterscotch pudding for dessert and we were not disappointed. We would definitely return to Bolete.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Recently we were back in theDine2RunDined on 10/19/2013Recently we were back in the LHV for the Runners World 1/2 Marathon and decided to have dinner at Bolete. Dinner and dessert were fantastic! The rolls were so yummy we each had 2. The best part of our dinner was the short ribs although everything was deliciious with a great presentation. Butterscotch pudding was out of this world. The wait staff was very attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tremendous food, great atmosphere.thatguyDined on 10/18/2013Tremendous food, great atmosphere. Really nice for a romantic date.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best in BethlehemRoccoDined on 10/18/2013A favorite since it opened, Bolete is a world class restaurant right here in the Lehigh Valley. I highly recommend this for anyone who appreciates fine food, artfully prepared.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Shhh...Bolete is amazing!petsueDined on 10/17/2013Don't really want everyone to know how special this place is, as it's hard enough already to get reservations! On the other hand, we want Everyone to experience gourmet meals in this warm, quaint farmhouse in Bethlehem! I first saw it mentioned in Bon Appetit magazine in 2012, but only got here in 2013 as we live on the west coast and were visiting our Lehigh student nearby. Given the small kitchen, the menu is limited, but every dish we had was inspired and delicious. Very attentive, knowledgeable and friendly staff made excellent wine suggestions. We can't wait for our next visit and will try out the delicious sounding brunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic!ScafVIPDined on 10/12/2013Bolete is consistently fantastic! Both the food and service are tremendous ... High quality in a quaint setting.Special Features:
- Fine Dining ExperienceNJBasedVIPDined on 10/12/2013A real treat for foodies - pricey, but well worth the experience.Special Features:
- Best meal in the Lehigh ValleyElizabethDined on 10/5/2013If there is a better restaurant in the area, I have not found it. Bolete consistently has outstanding food, inspired and unique recipes, and a beautiful presentation. It's pricey and we just go once or twice a year for special occasions...and it is worth the wait.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food and drinks were outstandinAttilabobDined on 10/3/2013The food and drinks were outstanding. Although the menu was pricey I would not hesitate to return in the future. Definitely a place to celebrate a special occasion.Special Features:
- The Best on the East Coast!!!!PestoQueenVIPDined on 10/2/2013If you like to enjoy food prepared in a way that only a fine painter might create a masterpiece, then try Bolete! (Only rivaled by their service.) The Chef is extremely creative and changes the menu daily as it is a farm to table restaurant. Your taste-buds with thank you from the creative cocktail mixers, to the appetizers, to the main entrees and don't forget the homemade butterscotch pudding that will make any one who might shy away from butterscotch rediscover a taste that will never be forgotten! The best part about this lovely experience is that the owners are a family and take pride in service and quality and always remember your name when you return for another wonderful experience!Special Features:
- Very inventive and uniqueVisitorfromEPVIPDined on 10/2/2013Very inventive and unique - quiet spot to slip away
- A true gem!NicoleVIPDined on 10/2/2013I was traveling from Chicago and read good things about this place. Bolete can compete with restaurants from Chicago and NYC. The salad, scallops, and butterscotch pudding were amazing. The service was excellent. Everyone was attentive and very pleasant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time at BoleteFoodiesVIPDined on 9/21/2013Well-staffed. Very good service. Extremely loud. Menu was a little thin. Fantastic salad with goat cheese. The wine list could use a few choices of French Champagne. We ate there on a Saturday night, but want to try mid-week when the restaurant is not so frenetic. Bolete is definitely worth a try.
- A favorite venueSaarDined on 9/21/2013Great spot to celebrate: birthdays, anniversaries, the end of the week!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinner outstanding foodOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/20/2013Bolete is one of the best restaurants I have ever had the pleasure of eating at. Food is different,well presented and service is outstanding. From appitizer to dessert everything was wonderful. You can not find a better place in the Lehigh Valley.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.