1740 Seidersville Rd
Bethlehem, PA 18015Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.boleterestaurant.com/
- Phone: 6108686505x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
Brunch: Sunday: 10:00am - 3:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Chef Lee Chizmar
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from Bolete Restaurant
At Bolete we believe the integrity of our ingredients defines the food. Everything is handcrafted in house. Chef Chizmar changes both the dining room and tavern menus daily to bring you the best of what is available.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Bolete Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Bethlehem ›
Bolete Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
63 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (53)special occasion (43)romantic (34)neighborhood gem (18)great for brunch (15)notable wine list (9)great for outdoor dining (8)hot spot (4)good for groups (2)kid-friendly (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Excellent Meal, Bad CompanyBdeliciousDined on 5/4/2014I went to Bolete for Sunday Brunch with my mom and dad. We were greeted then seated in the dining room to the right. Everything was great until you noticed the other clientele. They were all Lehigh students splurging for brunch on mommy and daddy's dime. Normally, I wouldn't care but people from the "ME" generation only think about themselves. They were loud and their conversations were annoying. Other than that, the food was exceptional! I had the liberty gardens salad with blueberry vinaigrette for a starter and then Maine lobster roll for my main course. Our waitress was very pleasant and did not rush us. The only food complaint is that the only dessert they had was butterscotch pudding. Very disappointing as I have a major sweet tooth!Special Features:
- Compares to the Best Country FrenchEdBellyReportDined on 4/23/2014Each time I visit Bolete I end up in Foodie Heaven. The seasonal dinner selections utilizing local fare are unique & wonderful. I recommend keeping one of the daily printed menus wih you as you dine to identify all the ingredients delivering such flavorful dishes. I'm always surprised at what Chef Chizmar combines to intoxicate my taste buds. My opinion is only a great chef can pull this off. I have dined here 6 or 7 times in the last 18 months & still crave another visit. From drinks to dessert you will be excited. I look forward to my next dining opportunity at Bolete.Special Features:
- Excellent little findMikeBDined on 4/22/2014Little old farm house/inn conversion small seating area but excellent food offerings. It is our new favorite for the area by far. The cocktails & wine were diverse enough to suit everyone's palate. I love duck and the liver appetizer and main course were awesome. They offer a multi course chef's choice which we plan to do next time after we starve ourselves sufficiently since the portions were also a good size. I would whole heartedly recommend.Special Features:
- The Mushroom is King!gdfoodVIPDined on 4/18/2014Bolete (mushroom) was a terrific find for my wife and I as we kicked off Easter Weekend. In a word this restaurant is FANTASTIC! Outstanding food selection (mushroom ingredients galore), some of the friendliest staff I have encountered anywhere ( of course it is in PA), a really Fun Bar with (only 7 seats) with Steven at the helm, interesting history to the building, and great atmosphere for couples and groups of diners. We give Bolete Restaurant - 2 Thumbs Up each !Special Features:
- Great food!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/18/2014The food was excellent as was the cocktail I had, once I received it. We arrived about 15 minutes prior to our reservation to get a drink at the bar - despite being handed a menu as soon as we walked over the bar, the bartended never came back to take our order. I will say this, he was working hard - not like he was just sitting around. But as the drinks are a bit labor intensive, they take time - perhaps another bartender is needed. Even when we sat at our table and ordered our drinks, it was another 15 minutes before the drink arrived...too long overall to wait for a cocktail - despite how delicious it was. The food was great, met my expectations - which were set pretty high based on Bolete's reputation.Special Features:
- First time at Boleterc0467Dined on 4/11/2014The wait for seating and for our meals were both a little long but the food was delicious and worth the wait. Best meal I've had in the area in a long time. The buter scotch pudding lived up expectations, awesome! Looking forward to returning soon. Highly recommended!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SuperbMarcDined on 4/11/2014A local gem that exceeds most big city restaurants!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best in Lehigh ValleyAstiVIPDined on 4/10/2014We celebrated a birthday on 4/10 and the food was fantastic- the flavors in each bit were unique and blended perfectly with the snapper. Service was also excellent as usual! This is our favorite restaurant in the valley!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bolete Never DisappointsTPallottiDined on 4/9/2014I've been to Bolete for both brunch and dinner and I have never been disappointed with any aspect of this 18th century carriage house turned fine dining establishment. The service is first class and the farm to table menu changes daily, but always lives up to my high expectations. If you haven't been, you should go, and if you have, go again. This is by far my favorite restaurant in the Lehigh Valley and I recommend it to anyone interested in a great meal at a great restaurant.Special Features:
- Excellent Food & Service!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/4/2014This was an amazing experience, from the hostess, to the food, service to the dessert and kona coffee! The food was out of this world and made to order, which is impressive. AMAZING! MUST VISITSpecial Features:
- Perfect as always!GregCDined on 4/3/2014I dined at Bolete the other night with two business colleagues. They were from out of town and I promised them a fantastic dining experience - the Bolete crew delivered yet again! By far the best cuisine, service and atmosphere in the Lehigh Valley. On par with the most notable restaurants in Philadelphia (my out-of-town dinner guests came not believing me, they left expressing this to me!). If you are lucky enough to dine here I always recommend whatever soup is on the menu (even if you don't ordinarily care for the ingredients - they somehow make it delicious). Also be sure to try a cocktail from the menu, there isn't a bad one on there (LV Lemonade is a must try especially in the warm months). Enjoy!Special Features:
- Great food, ? more servers neededOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 3/30/2014Although the food is undeniably wonderful at Bolete, our server was so busy that food seemed to come out later than it should have, obvious because the soup and tea were lukewarm and the salad a little soggy. I don't mind a casual, leisurely brunch, but at those prices, everything should be as close to perfect as possible.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best brunch ever!SharonDined on 3/30/2014Had the Eggs Chizmar. Others had the Duck Confit Hash. Everything about it was perfect and different from your usual brunch fare. Potatoes were crisp, onions actually carmelized, bisquit light as a feather, mushrooms were browned, guanciale crisped and flavorful, and the oyster fresh and tasty. A variety of fresh-baked and wonderful bakery items to nibble on while waiting. Fresh juices and non-alcoholic options as well as specialty bellinis and cocktails. Wonderful service. Will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, great peopleLVOgreDined on 3/28/2014My wife and I have been to Bolete 6 or 7 times now and it never disappoints. The food is fantastic and the service has always been great. This trip in we had the raw oysters & GA fried shrimp with grits for the appetizers and for our main course I had the duck and my wife had the rabbit. Desert is a must and I had the panna cotta & my wife got the deep friend french toast with bacon maple ice cream. We shared everything and it was all perfect. Can't wait to come back!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PerfectOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/28/2014I have been looking for great food, creative great food in PA, I'm happy I found this place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Handcrafted FoodMuadDiebDined on 3/28/2014This is the kind of place you bring visitors to so that they can be jealous of you being so close to it. In a world with lots of me too places, Bolete stands out. From your greeting to the last bite it was a pleasure. Literally from the first sip of your drink to the amazing rolls, to desert you are just smiling from ear to ear. A great special occasion destination.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceeded expectations againHSMITHDined on 3/21/2014We couldn't wait to get back to Bolete and once again, it was outstanding. We feel so welcomed there. The service from start to finish was great--efficient, not interrupting, and they make great recommendations. We had tuna tartare and smoked trout for appetizers--both were presented beautifully and delicious. My main was a halibut dish that was unbelievably good and my husband enjoyed duck that was wonderful. We shared the goat cheese cheesecake for dessert that almost caused us to pick up the plate and lick it clean. Even their coffee is wonderful. We've gone both times because we've been in the area for an event and have decided that a visit to Bolete no longer requires an event--we'll make the trip just to dine there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- There was a considerable delayInsider2010Dined on 3/16/2014There was a considerable delay before the food was served, however we were given a complimentary and expensive dish as compensation.Special Features:
- We would definitely come back!ADKluverDined on 3/15/2014My husband and I came to the area for a little getaway from the Philadelphia area. This food ranks up there with some of the best we've had in the city. The old house it is in is very quaint, though I felt like the decor in the main dining room could use a little makeover. It didn't distract from the experience if wonderful service and fresh, tastes food. We will be back if we are in the area again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Cuisine!!petsueDined on 3/13/2014We always have delicious food and marvelous service at Bolete. This time the spinach soup was our star starter, but all the main courses were incredible - the sea bass with egg on top, the skirt steak and the duck breast - so tender! We all swooned over the desserts, sharing bites of almond financier with chocolate mousse and butterscotch pudding topped with candied walnuts. Only improvement would be a little more lighting to see all the wonderful, fresh and colorful food! Can't wait for our next visit!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic EveningAstiVIPDined on 3/12/2014We celebrated our daughter's last night at home before returning to college and had a wonderful meal. The service was terrific and the food, as always, was superb. Bolete is the best restaurant in the Lehigh Valley. No comparison to any of the other finer restaurants. The food is creative and inspired while the atmosphere is warm and inviting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic dinner......PaulVIPDined on 3/8/2014.....as usual! Thanks so much for a great evening....bar drinks were awesome, service impeccable and the dinner absolutely fantastic. Our kids loved the deserts when got home to boot!Special Features:
- Another great experienceYumeDined on 3/8/2014About the 4th time visiting Bolete...they've yet to disappoint! Food was excellent...service was (once again) stellar.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday brunchindiaaroseDined on 3/2/2014We went for a birthday brunch. They were extremely accommodating with our picky child. My little one thought it was the best hamburger he's ever had. It was a bit loud and I would think its hard for a large (6+) people to all fit in a waiting area. If you have small children bring some thing to keep them entertained as sometimes people linger and you might not get seated right away. I loved the food, especially the butterscotch pudding! I would go back again in an instant to try their dinner menu. The service was top notch even with it being very busy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- always excellentDonaldDined on 2/25/2014I've been to Bolete five times and am always impressed. While not everything on the menu is to my taste (I detest sweet sauces on entrees) I've learned to ask for advice from the wait staff who will warn you away from things that may not be to your liking. They are friendly and helpful. The food is experimental and fun. My thai-style duck main course was excellent. My "chicken fried snails" appetizer were interesting but ultimately a little bland in flavor. It was a noble attempt at redefining escargot but the result was a bit like the fried mushrooms that used to be on every chain restaurant menu in the 1980s. Still--no complaints. Always a memorable experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The best dining in Lehigh ValleyMrTGVIPDined on 2/21/2014Without a doubt Bolete has separated itself from any other dining establishment in the Lehigh Valley. The level of technique and quality from the chef here cannot be replicated in this area. On top of the excellence in food quality and prep, the bar staff (Steve) has also taken his concoction engineering to a separate level. Bolete is an absolute must if you have the budget for fine dining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Restaurant in Lehigh ValleyKevinDined on 2/21/2014Bolete is simply amazing. The food is some of the best I've ever had and the service is outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Please, move to Southern CaliforniaWellSeasonedTravelerDined on 2/21/2014This is our 2nd time dining at Bolete. The 2nd time was just as fabulous as the 1st. Bravo! It is nice to see that the menu changes, according to what is fresh and available. The dishes from both visits were outstanding! Full of marvelous flavors, prepared perfectly, & nice sized portions. Unfortunately, this is the last time our travels will take us to this area. However, while our home in the Laguna-Newport Beach area of Southern California does have a few excellent restaurants. Disappointedly, not one is as outstanding as Bolete! So..... If they have ever considered a move, know that foodies in Southern California (ok, South Orange County of you want to be exact), would welcome a Bolete Restaurant with welcome forks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place for special occasionOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/18/2014This is not a place for you to eat and run. love the more relaxed way they did service, I hate to be rushed. I there for the dinning and food experience. Great place, would be back and not for an special occasion. I will be there for the food. YUM.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thank you!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/11/2014This was a terrific place to celebrate a very special milestone birthday. The place was very quaint, and the food was outstanding!! Very well done! I'm sure that we will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 2/8/2014Best restaurant in the area. The food was absolutely amazing! The servers are very attentive and knowledgeable. We will definitely be going back again and again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WowCarolVIPDined on 2/7/2014I have been wanting to get to Bolete for some time now. It was wonderful. We sat at the bar, we did reserve a table but were so cozy we stayed put. I had the duck, which I hardly ever get. It was fantastic. My husband had the steak and enjoyed his just as much. We took home a piece of goat cheese cheesecake that was amazing. I am looking forward to going back for lunch next time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food is always outstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 2/1/2014The food is always outstanding and the staff is incredibly friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful dining experiencefoodfood3Dined on 1/29/2014Seriously - do the chef's tasting menu (Tues-Thurs). The food is wonderful, and the service is great. The cozy vibe combined with a classic eleganc creates a wonderful atmosphere for dining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Forever Our Favorite!PestoQueenVIPDined on 1/26/2014Bolete has the best brunch we have ever experienced! From the service to the wonderfully creative dishes, this restaurant will never disappoint. It's a must!Special Features:
- Life outside ManhattanRSHouck3VIPDined on 1/18/2014We picked Bolete based on Tripadvisor ratings and they were accurate. Food, service, ambiance, cost/value ratio were all very, very good. I was hesitant when no one took our coats, we were seated by the kitchen and a lightbulb over the fireplace was out. But then the menu was newly printed that day. No one said "there you go" or "are you still working on that." Service was efficient, personal and not intrusive. The food was thoughtful and well prepared. I would definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding Dining ExperienceLisaDined on 1/15/2014Incredible food. Excellent service. Incomparable dining experience in every way. Can't wait to return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BRAVO! Absolutely, delightful!!!WellSeasonedTravelerDined on 1/11/2014We found the cuisine absolutely delightful, the restaurant itself both comfortable and quaint, and the serving staff extremely attentive to the diners, every need. The scallops are outstanding! Best we have had anywhere worldwide (including Michelin rated restaurants in France, Italy, and England). We will return to this amazing restaurant, next time we find ourselves in the Lehigh Valley. Bolete is a hidden gem! BRAVO!!!Special Features:
- Fabulous FindOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 1/8/2014We missed our reservation time and arrived only 30 minutes before close. I don't want to put them on the hook for this, but they made us feel so welcome despite the hour. No rushing, so friendly and helpful. They graciously steered us to the table by the fire. It was a lovely evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another memory filled experience!sandyDined on 1/5/2014The food is fabulous, the ambience as always top notch!Special Features: