Palomino - San Francisco
345 Spear St.
San Francisco, CA 94105Neighborhood:
Financial District / Embarcadero
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Palomino - San Francisco
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://palomino.com/page/home
- Phone: 4155127400x
- Hours of Operation:
WEDNESDAYS ALL DAY: Half-Price Bottled Wine! (bottles priced at $26 & above).
Lunch DAILY: 11:00am 4:00pm
Dinner: Monday-Thursday: 5:00pm10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm-11:00pm and Sunday 4:30pm-9pm
Brunch: Saturday and Sunday 11am-3pm
Bloody Mary Bar: Saturday and Sunday 11am-3pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: European, American, Mediterranean
- Executive Chef: Kristela Mendoza
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Palomino can host 8 to 30 people with pre-selected menus for parties of 12 or more. Special accommodations can be made, please inquire.
- Private Party Contact: Palomino San Francisco 4155127400x
- Cross Street: Folsom
- Public Transit: Muni N Line - Folsom Station/
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: Hills Plaza Garage: weekdays: park in the garage between 11am and 2pm to get $2 rate for 3 hours. Park in the garage after 5pm to get 3 hours free! Weekend: 3 hours free any time. Street parking also available.
A word from Palomino - San Francisco
Palomino has a spirited and upbeat atmosphere. They offer Pacific European fare of Rotisserie grilled meats and seafood. Palomino has a STELLAR view of the bay bridge and a fantastic outdoor patio!!Continued
***Please note the patio and lounge are all open seating after 3pm. Reservations are for the dining room only.
***Please note the patio and lounge are all open seating after 3pm. Reservations are for the dining room only.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Palomino - San Francisco reviews from OpenTable diners
160 reviews since May 23, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (92)great for outdoor dining (82)good for groups (69)special occasion (55)great for lunch (48)vibrant bar scene (45)romantic (37)fit for foodies (36)neighborhood gem (30)great for brunch (27)hot spot (22)notable wine list (17)late-night find (15)kid-friendly (9)Show More
- The service was fantasticOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/12/2008The service was fantastic and the food was outstanding. The tiramisu is one of the best we've ever had.Special Features:
- We were seated in sectionOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/12/2008We were seated in section that had a party of 10 and another party of 12 and our party of 5, all handled by the same waitress; this slowed down our service too much. 4 out of 5 entrees were brought out together, the 5th was about 4 min later. It is better to bring all at once.Special Features:
- There were two people in ourTonyDined on 4/11/2008There were two people in our party of 8 who had not received their steak the way they had wanted it ordered. Though it took awhile for the kitchen to get the steak prepared they wanted it, I was left with a good impression when the manager came over to apologize and accompanied the cook who also apologized for the delay in getting the steak done correctly. I was also happy that the restaurant took care of a portion of the tab as well. Overall, I was very happy and had a favorable impression on the proactiveness of the restaurant manager to take care of our group.Special Features:
- The service was a bit indifferentOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 4/11/2008The service was a bit indifferent and my food was "good" not great. The definite draw is their wonderful patio, although the view has been obscured a bit by Water Bar and Epic RoastHouse. Good for a low-key lunch. Salads had too much dressing. They were prompt with drink refills.Special Features:
- a frequent diner here reliable,happydinerDined on 4/9/2008a frequent diner here reliable, good and pleasant and accessible As for their "sister" newbies across the Embarcadero (Epic and WaterBar) HORRIBLE!!! both of them Over priced, terrible service, so so food that is waaayyyy is tooooo eclectic only good thing across the street is the decor and view. Have a cocktail at the bar then go to Palomino for your meal! and friendly servers!Special Features:
- Our group size changed atOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/8/2008Our group size changed at the last minute, and it would have been nice to have the table reorganized before being seated. The restaurant wasn't that crowded, and it seemed like it could have been possible to even be moved to a smaller table.Special Features:
- We had a very enjoyable dinningOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/6/2008We had a very enjoyable dinning experience except the kitchen overlooked one entre so 6 of us eat while one had to wait. Also one person at the table ordered the scallop special that sounded great and they said it was tasty but came without any sides therefore not very filing. Otherwise everyone enjoyed the evening.Special Features:
- I love Palomino. It's alwaysOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/5/2008I love Palomino. It's always been consistently good. Great view of the Bay Bridge and I love the 'swanky' feel of the place especially at night. The Gorgonzola Cheese Fries are reason enough to go. Although I've had several dishes that I've really enjoyed. Good Menu selection although I wish they would bring back their Applewood Smoked Pork Chops!!!Special Features:
- There was some major confusionOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/4/2008There was some major confusion at first. The host put my date and I at a 4 person table and then forgot to mention to any of the waiters that she sat us. We had to wait for about 10mins without any greeting before a waiter that was not ours asked if we had been helped. After that, I would say the service was great and the appetizers were taken care of.Special Features:
- It was a busy night but themoodeaDined on 4/4/2008It was a busy night but the service was not good. The server was having to cover too many tables.Special Features:
- I have eaten at Palomino'sOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 4/4/2008I have eaten at Palomino's over 100 times in the last 10+ years. Always a consistently great experience - good food, wonderful view, reasonable prices. A great recommendation to anyone who has never been.Special Features:
- The 4 - 6 discounted appetizersbbqRibs4meDined on 3/30/2008The 4 - 6 discounted appetizers and beer on tap is amazing. I encourage everyone to take advantage of it. Be sure to tip generously since you're already getting a great deal. 3 of 4 of us had the nightly special. The scallops were almost delicate, and I suppose it achieved what the cook wanted, but for me it wasn't exceptional, just good. The salmon special was better than scallops. Then again, I always like a crispy crust seared salmon. I don't suppose Palomino will ever do a Scottish salmon, but they're really good. Right up there with wild salmon from the greater Northwest.Special Features:
- I've been to Palomino beforeOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 3/29/2008I've been to Palomino before and thankfully, the great food and excellent service are still a consistant part of their draw. Our waitress was exceptional and very attentive, with suggestions and explanations of anything on the menu. The atmosphere was good and the scenic view from our table (and most tables in the restaurant) made the evening memorable. Excellent place for a date, or simply a group get together.Special Features:
- The service was outstanding.OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/28/2008The service was outstanding. The pizza and the gorganzola potatoes were great! My husband ordered a pork chop which he wasn't happy with. Overall, a great dinner.Special Features:
- I loved the view & the happyOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/26/2008I loved the view & the happy hour prices! $3 mojitos and $5 pizza at the bar-great deal! very tasty food for that price...I would definitely return to take advantage of the happy hour again. thank you!Special Features:
- Food was excellent. ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/24/2008Food was excellent. Service was extremely slow though. Drinks and apps came quickly, but then it dragged on. By the time we finished dinner, we waited 20min for a dessert menu, another 15min to order, and then 20min for the dessert to actually get there.Special Features:
- It was a great place to goMSAnneDined on 3/24/2008It was a great place to go with friends after work. Our waitperson was awesome, attentive and very informed about both her menu and her wine list. Her suggestion for our dinner wine was on the nose.Special Features:
- this was my first time atOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/23/2008this was my first time at palomino and i loved it! the food was out of this world - i had the scallops - and the service was excellent. our waitress was very attentive and friendly. we live in burlingame and my father-in-law lives in an apartment in the embarcadero center so we wanted to eat at a restaurant that was nice yet local. this was the perfect spot for our family. unfortunately, since i am in burlingame and this restaurant is in san francisco, i will only go there on special occasions because of the distance. the good news is that my mom is turning 85 in june and, after i told her about the restaurant, she asked if we could take her there to celebrate so we are! the desserts were also excellent - i enjoyed the bread pudding.Special Features:
- The Palomino has the bestOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/23/2008The Palomino has the best view of any restaurant I have ever been to! The food and service was excellent. My new favorite restaurant.Special Features:
- We had a wonderful familyOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 3/23/2008We had a wonderful family Easter lunch at Palomino. Will definitely come back.Special Features:
- We were very happy with theOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/22/2008We were very happy with the restaurant in all categories considering this is the 1st visit. One thing though--- the hostess were on the phone and she could have put the phone on hold and acknowledge our presence instead of just speaking to the server to seat us. She did not even make any eye contact with either one of us. Rude, rude ,rude. We were probably the 6th or 7th guests in the restaurant at the time. Nathan the server was great and very accomodating. When we left the floor manager(apparently) thanks us for coming but a smile to go with the thanks might make it more genuine as well as extending the appreciation to both of us instead of finishing the sentence of "thanks for coming" while looking at my dining partner equal eyecontacSpecial Features:
- Great place to meet for aOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/21/2008Great place to meet for a spur of the moment dinner! Excellent service!Special Features:
- Palomino is a good restaurantLimeyVIPDined on 3/20/2008Palomino is a good restaurant with attentive service and a good view of the Bay and the bridge.Special Features:
- I was a little apprehensiveOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/20/2008I was a little apprehensive when I first arrived, with the crowd outside, but once inside there was a calm and pleasant atmosphere with a great Hostess and Waiter. Thanks Palomino defintely on the list...Special Features:
- This particular dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 3/20/2008This particular dining experience was good - food was great (I had salmon with cherry sauce on top of risotto), service was a little bit slower than usual (it was busy, so I could understand). The place is usually loud (I still dine there a lot because of the proximity to my jobsite). At times, food can be salty (they're normally on the salty side), but at this particular day, it was just perfect. Personnel are friendly.Special Features:
- Very nice, great food thatOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 3/20/2008Very nice, great food that they altered for my diet, and fun waiter/waitress. I took a client there, and will come back again. Love the location, the validated parking underneath, everything! Thanks!Special Features:
- Excellent food and service;OpenTable Diner Since 2002Dined on 3/17/2008Excellent food and service; an overall great experience.
- Overall a nice variety ofOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/17/2008Overall a nice variety of menu. We went early (6:15) and with only one bartender and shift change the startup service was terrible. We thought it would be better when we got a new waitress, but it didn't improve. Suggest you go in the main dinner hours and avoid early starts. Food was delicious and lots of variety.Special Features:
- Pepperoni pizza had good flavorOpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 3/16/2008Pepperoni pizza had good flavor but was swimming in grease. Seafood Louie was excellent with plenty of crab, salmon and shrimp. Beef short ribs: the meat was excellent but the entire plate was a sea of grease - when we questioned the waiter about it he said thats just the way it was always served. For dessert we had a straberry cobbler which although much smaller than they used to be was good. The dipping sauce for bread was just good this time rather than the outstanding flavor it usually has. Bread was a little dry. We use to prefer Palamino over Kinkaids in Burlingame but based on this meal we now prefer Kindaids.Special Features:
- The meal was excellent --OpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 3/16/2008The meal was excellent -- one of the best caesar salads I've had. The salmon was also unique and very flavorable. Outstansing service. I have been to the restaurant before and I will definitely go again. J. A. LandrySpecial Features:
- It was really comforting forOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/14/2008It was really comforting for me when the chef personally listened to my thoughts on the food and asked for more feedback. Overall, the food was very tasty and well-presented. The server was wonderful and seemed to genuinely care for how my table was doing throughout our meal. She was definitely my "Guinness Girl." I definitely recommend Palomino's to others and look forward to returning.Special Features:
- I've been there before. ItOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 3/14/2008I've been there before. It was better this time than I remember. I will definitely go back again.Special Features:
- Unfortunately neither serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 3/13/2008Unfortunately neither service or food was good. The food a few people at my table ordered (Lobster Ravioli) was not exactly eatable. The price is high for what you get. Not planning to go back.
- We were surprised at how goodmcmsfVIPDined on 3/9/2008We were surprised at how good the food was--really memorable!Special Features:
- The service was great, theOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 3/8/2008The service was great, the food could have been better.Special Features:
- We went on Valentines Day,OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 2/14/2008We went on Valentines Day, but it was pretty apparent that we were the only table that seemed to be having problems like cold food and extremely slow service.
- Completely underwhelming foodOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 1/24/2008Completely underwhelming food with a complete lack of service.
- Nice atmosphere which overlooksDeeFoodieDined on 11/17/2007Nice atmosphere which overlooks the Embarcadero and Bay Bridge which is lit up and beautiful at night. Food is decent - but the restaurant is in a great location and very nicely decorarated.Special Features:
- Had a wonderful time greatOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 10/25/2007Had a wonderful time great drinks. Wonderful for groupsSpecial Features:
- Lousy Service...menu/foodOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/28/2007Lousy Service...menu/food quality VERY ORDINARY...way OVERPRICED considering the poor quality of the service and food.Special Features: