Palomino - San Francisco
345 Spear St.
San Francisco, CA 94105Neighborhood:
Financial District / Embarcadero
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Palomino - San Francisco
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://palomino.com/page/home
- Phone: 4155127400x
- Hours of Operation:
WEDNESDAYS ALL DAY: Half-Price Bottled Wine! (bottles priced at $26 & above).
Lunch DAILY: 11:00am 4:00pm
Dinner: Monday-Thursday: 5:00pm10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm-11:00pm and Sunday 4:30pm-9pm
Brunch: Saturday and Sunday 11am-3pm
Bloody Mary Bar: Saturday and Sunday 11am-3pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: European, American, Mediterranean
- Executive Chef: Kristela Mendoza
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Palomino can host 8 to 30 people with pre-selected menus for parties of 12 or more. Special accommodations can be made, please inquire.
- Private Party Contact: Palomino San Francisco 4155127400x
- Cross Street: Folsom
- Public Transit: Muni N Line - Folsom Station/
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: Hills Plaza Garage: weekdays: park in the garage between 11am and 2pm to get $2 rate for 3 hours. Park in the garage after 5pm to get 3 hours free! Weekend: 3 hours free any time. Street parking also available.
A word from Palomino - San Francisco
Palomino has a spirited and upbeat atmosphere. They offer Pacific European fare of Rotisserie grilled meats and seafood. Palomino has a STELLAR view of the bay bridge and a fantastic outdoor patio!!Continued
***Please note the patio and lounge are all open seating after 3pm. Reservations are for the dining room only.
***Please note the patio and lounge are all open seating after 3pm. Reservations are for the dining room only.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Palomino - San Francisco reviews from OpenTable diners
159 reviews since May 23, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (92)great for outdoor dining (81)good for groups (68)special occasion (54)great for lunch (47)vibrant bar scene (46)romantic (36)fit for foodies (34)neighborhood gem (31)great for brunch (27)hot spot (21)notable wine list (17)late-night find (15)kid-friendly (9)Show More
- Nice space and nice viewNunoVIPDined on 3/28/2014The place is overall nice and has a nice view over the bay bridge if you go there at night. It is quite overprice though. Food was just okay and very very small portions. Two people with two mojitos gets you around $100. Also food took almost 1 hour to get to the table. Will go there again to try the happy hour but certainly not for dining. The service level was also medium. Very friendly waitress but had to wait very long until being able to get her attention. At the end she asks if we want to check the dessert menu, I say yes and after a very long time she comes back... with the check... Needless to say, we skipped dessert.
- Mainly good for the viewopstopDined on 3/28/2014The service was good, the atmosphere was surprisingly quiet considering the bar not far away and the view is amazing. However, for the price, the food was ordinary, from the cocktails to the lamb.Special Features:
- Celebration dinner for my new jobOpenTableFanatic88VIPDined on 3/28/2014I love Palomino! Gorgeous view of the bay and the food is superb. The artichoke and spinach dip held us over until out entrees and witnessing other's joyous celebrations made my night. I highly recommend the steak frites with the smoked aioli sauce as a substitute for the honey mustard.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous view of the Bay Bridge.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/28/2014Fabulous view of the Bay Bridge. Delicious Food. Lively AtmosphereSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- bridge viewlocalzDined on 3/26/2014We has an awesome view of the bay bridge lights and wonderful service... very attentive and friendly. Has an awesome Tuscan filet. Artichoke dip was good but very small portion. I would return!Special Features:
- Fix the menuAnonymousVIPDined on 3/24/2014I know these are hard times, but there are very few selection on the menu. No steak, mostly chicken, pizza, pasta, some seafood. My favorite is the Crab Artichoke Dip, i order this every time I come here. My coworker and I had the Seafood and Artichoke Pasta. The prawns and scallops were dry and the pasta had no taste. We had the Salmon special a while ago and it was also very dry. Not sure if the cook was trying to make sure the food was fully cooked. But I had better seafood elsewhere. I'm hoping to come back but will only be for their Happy Hour.Special Features:
- Addictive Brunch Menu!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/22/2014I went back with a friend after having had brunch at Palomino a couple weeks earlier with several people. I ordered the Crab Cakes Benedict (truly excellent!), but listened all through my meal to the guy next to me who had ordered the Crème Brulle French Toast and who kept repeating, "I can't tell you how good this is." That was enough to get me back a couple of weekends later with a friend. We both ordered the CB French Toast and we were hooked. The staff were exceptional, as well: friendly, responsive and helpful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Table with great viewLmatDined on 3/21/2014When looking for restaurants for dinner out of town, we always want a place with a great view and vibrant atmosphere. Good food and wine is a plus. Palomino fills the bill. Interior not as stunning as some others in the area, but the view of bay bridge is great. Wait staff is attentive without being hurried. We had salads and apps and all were good. A little hard to find at night. The signage is subtle for first timers like us! Apparently there are lots of these around the country. Our experience was very nice for our last one in San Francisco.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food is wonderful. LoveCarolVIPDined on 3/21/2014The food is wonderful. Love the deviled eggs, the lamb shank was perfect as was the steak . The wedge salad was perfect. Our server was very attentive. This was our second visit but it won't be our last.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Slow ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/21/2014We made a reservation in advance, but our food still took an hour to get to us. Way too long for lunch during the work week. Have to get back to work and to meetings. I think there are better places in the area.Special Features:
- Disappointed in a typical favoriteOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 3/15/2014Typically, we really like palomino. This most recent trip was not so good. 1) our server was terrible and slow 2) palomino was out of several items on the dinner menu 3) palomino was out of bottles of wine, including one we selected to find out later that there were not any bottles. 4) the restaurant paid zero attention to the open table notes, even after their TWO confirmation calls to me. One note being it was a birthday dinner and not one person mentioned it or offered a dessert. 5) no one there knew about or could intelligently explain the corkage fee-we got the short end of the stick there. Overall our worst experience at one of our favorite neighborhood spots.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- requested a window tablemwaaVIPDined on 3/14/2014I requested a window table for five and got this really tight table asked the host if I could have the round table she said no because this is for table for six. We were at the restaurant for 2 hrs and no one sat on any of the round table facing the view of the bridge. I was really upset as the restaurant part was empty and the happy hour for the place was busy outside and at the bar. I bought my clients there and wanted it to be special. This was a complete lie to our faces as the girl (host) just did not want to give us the table.Special Features:
- Great experience!VioletDined on 3/12/2014We were luck to have a table by the window appreciating the beautiful Bay Bridge lights dance :-) Very friendly and welcoming staff :-) Great experience, specially toasting with wine bottle at 1/2 off on Wednesdays :-)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This is a good place for aCPAFoodieVIPDined on 3/8/2014This is a good place for a good meal - You will never really have a GREAT meal but you will always have a consistent meal and the portions are good sizes so there is value for what you pay.Special Features:
- WOW wow WOW! Palomino StaffSanFranFoodieVIPDined on 3/6/2014WOW wow WOW! Palomino Staff rock with smiles, kindness and care.From checkin to departure we were smothered with 1st class hospitality and the food rocks too. Entrees are plentiful and cooked to perfection (steak and frittes cooked as right as we requested) And no problem with subbing frittes for broccolini which was nicely al dente. We shared an amazingly uber thin crust savory pizza as appetizer and barely had room for our entrees. Go at sundown to enjoy the Bridge Lights - you're in an orchestra up front seatSpecial Features:
- Excellent ServiceHomieDined on 3/4/2014The dinner was a special celebration for our family. Our table faced the bay bridge, with the lights on, it was a great view and added to the experience. The waiter was very friendly and provided great recommendations for appetizers. We had a special request for one of the entrees because of food allergy. When the entree arrived, it still contained the ingredient we asked not to be included. The waiter quickly took and dish away and replaced it. The manager stopped by the table and apologized for the error. They also brought over a complimentary dessert for the guest which was a great gesture. We will definitely go back to Palomino for any special celebrations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- unimpressed with foodrileyDined on 2/28/2014The view is great, service pleasant. The grilled salmon was a let down, little taste, overcooked greens. Desserts better than main course, in taste, more attention to detail and presentation .Special Features:
- I've always had great experienceAhappygalDined on 2/26/2014I've always had great experience at Palamino except this time. The service was really slow. We asked the waiter for waiter and it took maybe 10-15 min before he came back with the refill. There was 5 adults and a toddler. Only 2of us like this entree. Two of us order the seafood linguine and it was way to sour because of the citrus and capers. Both entree was only eaten half. I don't like eating artichoke and I got the grilled seafood pasta. I specifically ask the waiter if the artichoke-mushroom was a kind of mushroom or artichoke. He said it is artichoke and that you will not taste it. There was chuck loads of artichoke in that entree.Special Features:
- Never Disappointed!smishaDined on 2/22/2014Love this place, especially for brunch! The food and drinks are always excellent! Whether you want a nice romantic meal or a gathering of friends!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I've been here many time butOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/19/2014I've been here many time but this time the food was subpar; the romaine lettuce tasted old, the panini sandwhich was awful and waiter was annoying constantly interrupting our conversation. Won't be going there again.Special Features:
- Excellent value!MP12VIPDined on 2/17/2014Excellent value! Great consistent quality food & service!! And a great location on the EmbarcaderoSpecial Features:
- Almost Perfect!OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 2/14/2014I have been here a few times in the past and it 's still one of the best. We arrived and had a very short wait we were seated at a lovely little table the we were able to see out side. I ordered the lamb shank only for my waiter to come back and say they were out of the lamb so with nothing else on this VDay weekend in menu that I wanted I was left to get the steak I must say once I put the first bit in my mouth I was okay with not having the lamb.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great view of Bay bridgeOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/14/2014The view And service and food great. Corkage fee reasonable for $13Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good place to eatPatMDined on 2/14/2014Palomino has very good food and the service is excellent.Special Features:
- reliable; lots of menu options;OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 2/6/2014reliable; lots of menu options; good for lunch or post-work with a large group; good for business lunchSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another time, another placeFlaneurVIPDined on 1/31/2014We'd been to the restaurant's Seattle iteration - loved it. When we walked in off the Embarcadero we might have entered a mammoth fraternity mixer. The noise was astonishing. We were led away from the cacophony to a more quiet precinct. The restaurant had run out of sparkling water the night before but seemed to not have replenished its stock for the weekend. A dessert of bread pudding remains memorable because it was more an overly sweet apple crisp - apparently croutons and diced apples The main course dishes and appetizers were fine but apparently not memorable - I cannot recall what any of us had. We were not displeased but we were not enraptured either, and after the Seattle experience we left a bit disappointed. Good - not great.Special Features:
- Excellent food.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/31/2014The service is also excellent just a bit on slow side but great. View of the bay and bridge are superb. Patio activity was great if you can get a table thereSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic wait-staffPaulinaDined on 1/25/2014I love Palomino's view. Since the bay bridge lights went up, Palomino has been my favorite romantic or special occasion restaurant. Their prices are moderate and their ambiance is great. The wait-staff were really friendly and made our evening very enjoyable. Although the chicken was dry, the lamb was excellent. Drinks were very good too. I recommend the Ginger-Pear martini. I will definitely continue to return and recommend to friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A nice placeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/25/2014They have good food at a reasonable price. Not one of the fancy, spendy restaurants in the Embarcadero area but it has a nice atmospere and you can get a good bottle of wine and an Americano menu at a good price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- saw the lite!!!!!Alexeatskake8Dined on 1/25/2014Have dinned here many times. It is always very good. The food is prepared in an excellent manner. The ambiance is of very high quality. The window table were we sat was great. I especially enjoyed the Bridge lites, never seen them before, The service could use a little improvement, I know how it goes, I used to work in the food service industry. BUt overall I enjoy the place and always recommend it to friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthay dinneraly23Dined on 1/25/2014We go to Palaminos every year for my birthday with a group about 6-8. This year we were really disappointed with the change of the menu. All of the appetizers we really enjoy were taken off the menu. None of the new appetizers sounded appetizing to any of us. The portions on the meals also seemed smaller and not as tasty as in the past. I was disappointed. Our server was a little off too. A few people ordered coffee and after 10-15 minutes we had to ask another waiter to find out waiter for the coffee. We have always been pleased there (why we go every year), but at dinner we said we might have to find a new place for next year.Special Features:
- Great birthday dinnerPizzaDined on 1/24/2014This was my first time at Palomino and it was a great experience. The staff was friendly and courteous, though they took a very very very long time when it came to ordering and drinks but that can be overlooked. The view was amazing, and the restaurant itself is very classy and elegant, and the other diners looked like they enjoyed themselves. But the real show stopper is the food, its was absolutely delicious and satisfying, presented very well and cooked to perfection. Overall a great experience and can't wait to go back hungry for more.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mostly OKMarqueVIPDined on 1/23/2014The pacing for the appetizer and the entree was not good. The entree was brought while we were still eating the appetizer. They could not remember who ordered what. Although the quantity of food was good, I was not impressed with the steak. It was of the same quality as one would find at a place like Sizzler. The waiter was good.Special Features:
- The outdoor spotGirzllunchDined on 1/22/2014I've been going to Palomino's for years and always enjoy the location, service and food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great view of the bay bridge.LauraDined on 1/17/2014We chose this spot because I wanted to watch see the bay bridge at night. It was a perfect spot. We had great service. The menu was very user-friendly as they had gluten-free options, etc.Special Features:
- Great for small groupStar812VIPDined on 1/14/2014Eight of us wanted to get together for lunch, and this restaurant had the perfect corner & and a round table for such an occasion, making the gathering very enjoyable. Most of us ordered directly from the lunch menu, which had a nice choice of items and was excellent value. My risotto w/ pumpkin was excellent, one of the best I've had. Very friendly service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food and service. Great view.mecrispDined on 1/10/2014The six of us dined at Palomino on a Friday night. The bar and outside seating was very energetic with happy-hour revelers. We had a reservation so were quickly seated inside at a round table pretty close to the windows with a terrific view of the Bay Bridge with its light show. The service was attentive and polite. Everyone enjoyed their food ~ we had starters, salads, entrees, desserts, drinks and coffee. The final tab including tax and tip was $60 each. Although the noise level was pretty high we were able to hear each other and the fun atmosphere was contagious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Average is not goodOpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 1/9/2014We had a very average dinner with a very nice view of the bay bridge lights. Service was very slow, and we were even charged for our bar tab a second time on our dinner tab. When we asked our server, he could not help us. I asked for the manager, but no one claimed to be one, and no one could figure out how to fix it! Big disappointment to celebrate a friend's birthday. Food selection is good, but the food was very AVERAGE and so was the service. We won't got back there...plenty of other places with a nice view!Special Features:
- Warm January Nightlaserfool3Dined on 1/9/2014The dinner experience was great. The waiters were attentive yet they did not rush us. The food was prepared perfectly and presented well. The portions were not too large yet we were were full after our meal. I recommend the mushroom salad. The bar was buzzing (Thursday night) and the dining area was nice and quiet.Special Features:
- Interesting MenuEdieVIPDined on 1/8/2014Great options for food, professional and friemdly service -- terribly noisy at noon! We had to shout to hear each other! Next time we will try 1:00 or later....Special Features: