Palomino - San Francisco
345 Spear St.
San Francisco, CA 94105Neighborhood:
Financial District / Embarcadero
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Palomino - San Francisco
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://palomino.com/page/home
- Phone: 4155127400x
- Hours of Operation:
WEDNESDAYS ALL DAY: Half-Price Bottled Wine! (bottles priced at $26 & above).
Lunch DAILY: 11:00am 4:00pm
Dinner: Monday-Thursday: 5:00pm10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm-11:00pm and Sunday 4:30pm-9pm
Brunch: Saturday and Sunday 11am-3pm
Bloody Mary Bar: Saturday and Sunday 11am-3pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: European, American, Mediterranean
- Executive Chef: Kristela Mendoza
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Palomino can host 8 to 30 people with pre-selected menus for parties of 12 or more. Special accommodations can be made, please inquire.
- Private Party Contact: Palomino San Francisco 4155127400x
- Cross Street: Folsom
- Public Transit: Muni N Line - Folsom Station/
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: Hills Plaza Garage: weekdays: park in the garage between 11am and 2pm to get $2 rate for 3 hours. Park in the garage after 5pm to get 3 hours free! Weekend: 3 hours free any time. Street parking also available.
A word from Palomino - San Francisco
Palomino has a spirited and upbeat atmosphere. They offer Pacific European fare of Rotisserie grilled meats and seafood. Palomino has a STELLAR view of the bay bridge and a fantastic outdoor patio!!Continued
***Please note the patio and lounge are all open seating after 3pm. Reservations are for the dining room only.
***Please note the patio and lounge are all open seating after 3pm. Reservations are for the dining room only.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Palomino - San Francisco reviews from OpenTable diners
142 reviews since July 2, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (85)great for outdoor dining (73)good for groups (64)special occasion (49)vibrant bar scene (46)great for lunch (38)fit for foodies (36)romantic (31)neighborhood gem (27)great for brunch (23)hot spot (23)notable wine list (16)late-night find (13)kid-friendly (9)Show More
- OK, but could be much betterGeorgeDined on 5/16/2014Our lunch reservation was at 1:30 for a table of four, and we opted initially to be seated indoors, but we did not expect to be taken to a small table in the bar area where they had the TV running! We then requested to be moved to the outdoor patio, which was a better setting and less noisy. We first ordered an appetizer which was good but when they brought us the small plates one had dried up tomatoe stains, which were clearly visible! Our waitress was very courteous and efficient, but one request to substitute veggies for mashed potatoes was missed, but was quickly corrected. After ordering our coffee we could not find our waitress to pay our bill. We finally signaled another waiter who ended up bringing our bill!
- Better for Happy HourShellyDined on 5/11/2014Took my mom for Mother's Day brunch and it was just ok to me. Service was great! But I'd rather go for the Happy Hour Menu.Special Features:
- Decent brunch, not greatsym13Dined on 5/11/2014We enjoyed the brunch, but somehow the whole experience - from the service to the food - lacked style and the check-in process felt awkward and impersonal.Special Features:
- well-doneOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/8/2014ut is a seen and be seen kinda place around happy hour. Visiting from out of town and we were impressed with the service and food selection.Special Features:
- DisappointedmarymackVIPDined on 4/29/2014I've had lunch at Palomino lots of times and have always enjoyed the food and the service but went for dinner the other night and was unpleasantly surprised. The dining room was fairly empty as most customers were enjoying happy hour out on the patio. However, our service was extremely slow - I had ordered steak frites and the steak was overcooked and the fries were cold - assuming because they were waiting to be picked up too long. We then received the wrong check - the view was nice and the food at lunch has always been great but I wouldn't ever go for dinner again.Special Features:
- Dining at Palomino'sScottDined on 4/29/2014Food is always good. Great views and nice menu to select from. People are always friendly and helpful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- bizlunchqueenDined on 4/24/2014Good food. Menu has nice options. I brought a large group of 9 of whom 3 were late shows an 2 no shows. The waiter was very accommodating to our late arrivals. Service was good even with a very busy waiter. Service is the key here, I use this restaurant when I have larger groups as they can handle the service aspect and there are options for all tastes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Better this time.EasytopleaseVIPDined on 4/21/2014Palomino has been a long time favorite, but lately there have been worrisome signs in food quality and service. I gave it a poor rating last week because of inefficient service; a subsequent try resulted in a totally different experience with attentive and efficient service. While the food has been consistently good, on the whole, last time their signature mushroom soup lacked the intense flavor and texture; it left a "watered down" impression. All in all, it was still a good meal, but this critical things have to be pointed out before the situation slides to an out of control level.Special Features:
- EasytopleaseVIPDined on 4/19/2014We are long term customers who keep going back with confidence; however our last visit was marred by inexcusable slow and inefficient service. The very pleasant waiter was trying hard, but he must have been either new or poorly trained or both. The manager on duty was not open to customers' complaints; nonetheless he offered a discount on the bill. This was particularly aggravating because it was a special celebration; we all left without coffee or desert and, in spite of the excellent food, with a bitter taste in our collective mouth. Since this was our first disappointment with Palomino we will give them another chance.Special Features:
- Good After the Ball Game PlaceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/12/2014The food was acceptable. The drinks were really good. This is not a place for gourmets. But the ambiance is upscale. Good for Happy Hour. The service was very accomodating and attentive even though it was crowded on a Saturday night when the two of us went for a early dinner at 6:45 p.m.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good TasteOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/12/2014All the meals I have eaten so far really really taste good and delicious. They are just flavorful, not too salty nor spicy and cooked right. The waiter was very nice and courteous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We were a party of four withOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/11/2014We were a party of four with plenty of time to enjoy lunch. We had a very attentive and knowledgeable server (Jessie) and all of our selections were great. We will keep going back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tournist RestaurantamapDined on 4/9/2014We were very pleased with our service and food. My son explained to our waiter that he had a plane to catch and needed to be done with our meal in a certain time and that was accommodated. It a great place to bring out-of town visitors because of view, location and eating outside on a sunny day, not mention validated parking.Special Features:
- Great Go-To SpotAnonymousVIPDined on 4/7/2014We are new to San Francisco, and live on 1st Street. This was a great walkable experience, and will become one of our "go-to" spots. The atmosphere was vibrant, and the food was great. Very casual, but the service was of the caliber of a much higher end restaurant.Special Features:
- A dependable restaurant andKatieDined on 4/4/2014A dependable restaurant and bar near Harrison and Spear Streets. Great outdoor dining with views of the Bay Bridge.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice!mehartsDined on 4/2/2014Enjoyed great paella, chicken Parmesan and scallops. Mojito was very tasty!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We love PalominoBrookmcbVIPDined on 4/2/2014...because our reservation is always honored, our request for window table is usually honored, the service is attentive and the food is well prepared and delicious. However, because of scheduled events, we are almost exclusively at Palomino on a Wednesday at an early dining hour - 5:30 p.m. - and are usually on our way out by 7:30. The bar gets very crowded and loud later on (looks like fun) and the dining room full so whether I would be able to make the same comments if we dined later in the evening, I don't know. I hope so! Validated parking is a huge +.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Kid FriendlyPortokaliDined on 3/29/2014i brought my kiddos and i thought it might be stuffy for them but, the staff was welcoming. Our waitress was a gem and she took good care of us. She suggested a very good wine for me and my entree was excellent! the kiddos were satisfied with non-other than pizza and mac-n-cheese and making a little fuss but, all was well. Will go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice space and nice viewNunoVIPDined on 3/28/2014The place is overall nice and has a nice view over the bay bridge if you go there at night. It is quite overprice though. Food was just okay and very very small portions. Two people with two mojitos gets you around $100. Also food took almost 1 hour to get to the table. Will go there again to try the happy hour but certainly not for dining. The service level was also medium. Very friendly waitress but had to wait very long until being able to get her attention. At the end she asks if we want to check the dessert menu, I say yes and after a very long time she comes back... with the check... Needless to say, we skipped dessert.
- Mainly good for the viewopstopDined on 3/28/2014The service was good, the atmosphere was surprisingly quiet considering the bar not far away and the view is amazing. However, for the price, the food was ordinary, from the cocktails to the lamb.Special Features:
- Celebration dinner for my new jobOpenTableFanatic88VIPDined on 3/28/2014I love Palomino! Gorgeous view of the bay and the food is superb. The artichoke and spinach dip held us over until out entrees and witnessing other's joyous celebrations made my night. I highly recommend the steak frites with the smoked aioli sauce as a substitute for the honey mustard.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous view of the Bay Bridge.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/28/2014Fabulous view of the Bay Bridge. Delicious Food. Lively AtmosphereSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- bridge viewlocalzDined on 3/26/2014We has an awesome view of the bay bridge lights and wonderful service... very attentive and friendly. Has an awesome Tuscan filet. Artichoke dip was good but very small portion. I would return!Special Features:
- Fix the menuAnonymousVIPDined on 3/24/2014I know these are hard times, but there are very few selection on the menu. No steak, mostly chicken, pizza, pasta, some seafood. My favorite is the Crab Artichoke Dip, i order this every time I come here. My coworker and I had the Seafood and Artichoke Pasta. The prawns and scallops were dry and the pasta had no taste. We had the Salmon special a while ago and it was also very dry. Not sure if the cook was trying to make sure the food was fully cooked. But I had better seafood elsewhere. I'm hoping to come back but will only be for their Happy Hour.Special Features:
- Addictive Brunch Menu!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/22/2014I went back with a friend after having had brunch at Palomino a couple weeks earlier with several people. I ordered the Crab Cakes Benedict (truly excellent!), but listened all through my meal to the guy next to me who had ordered the Crème Brulle French Toast and who kept repeating, "I can't tell you how good this is." That was enough to get me back a couple of weekends later with a friend. We both ordered the CB French Toast and we were hooked. The staff were exceptional, as well: friendly, responsive and helpful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Table with great viewLmatVIPDined on 3/21/2014When looking for restaurants for dinner out of town, we always want a place with a great view and vibrant atmosphere. Good food and wine is a plus. Palomino fills the bill. Interior not as stunning as some others in the area, but the view of bay bridge is great. Wait staff is attentive without being hurried. We had salads and apps and all were good. A little hard to find at night. The signage is subtle for first timers like us! Apparently there are lots of these around the country. Our experience was very nice for our last one in San Francisco.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food is wonderful. LoveCarolVIPDined on 3/21/2014The food is wonderful. Love the deviled eggs, the lamb shank was perfect as was the steak . The wedge salad was perfect. Our server was very attentive. This was our second visit but it won't be our last.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Slow ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/21/2014We made a reservation in advance, but our food still took an hour to get to us. Way too long for lunch during the work week. Have to get back to work and to meetings. I think there are better places in the area.Special Features:
- Disappointed in a typical favoriteOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 3/15/2014Typically, we really like palomino. This most recent trip was not so good. 1) our server was terrible and slow 2) palomino was out of several items on the dinner menu 3) palomino was out of bottles of wine, including one we selected to find out later that there were not any bottles. 4) the restaurant paid zero attention to the open table notes, even after their TWO confirmation calls to me. One note being it was a birthday dinner and not one person mentioned it or offered a dessert. 5) no one there knew about or could intelligently explain the corkage fee-we got the short end of the stick there. Overall our worst experience at one of our favorite neighborhood spots.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- requested a window tablemwaaVIPDined on 3/14/2014I requested a window table for five and got this really tight table asked the host if I could have the round table she said no because this is for table for six. We were at the restaurant for 2 hrs and no one sat on any of the round table facing the view of the bridge. I was really upset as the restaurant part was empty and the happy hour for the place was busy outside and at the bar. I bought my clients there and wanted it to be special. This was a complete lie to our faces as the girl (host) just did not want to give us the table.Special Features:
- Great experience!VioletDined on 3/12/2014We were luck to have a table by the window appreciating the beautiful Bay Bridge lights dance :-) Very friendly and welcoming staff :-) Great experience, specially toasting with wine bottle at 1/2 off on Wednesdays :-)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This is a good place for aCPAFoodieVIPDined on 3/8/2014This is a good place for a good meal - You will never really have a GREAT meal but you will always have a consistent meal and the portions are good sizes so there is value for what you pay.Special Features:
- WOW wow WOW! Palomino StaffSanFranFoodieVIPDined on 3/6/2014WOW wow WOW! Palomino Staff rock with smiles, kindness and care.From checkin to departure we were smothered with 1st class hospitality and the food rocks too. Entrees are plentiful and cooked to perfection (steak and frittes cooked as right as we requested) And no problem with subbing frittes for broccolini which was nicely al dente. We shared an amazingly uber thin crust savory pizza as appetizer and barely had room for our entrees. Go at sundown to enjoy the Bridge Lights - you're in an orchestra up front seatSpecial Features:
- Excellent ServiceHomieDined on 3/4/2014The dinner was a special celebration for our family. Our table faced the bay bridge, with the lights on, it was a great view and added to the experience. The waiter was very friendly and provided great recommendations for appetizers. We had a special request for one of the entrees because of food allergy. When the entree arrived, it still contained the ingredient we asked not to be included. The waiter quickly took and dish away and replaced it. The manager stopped by the table and apologized for the error. They also brought over a complimentary dessert for the guest which was a great gesture. We will definitely go back to Palomino for any special celebrations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- unimpressed with foodrileyDined on 2/28/2014The view is great, service pleasant. The grilled salmon was a let down, little taste, overcooked greens. Desserts better than main course, in taste, more attention to detail and presentation .Special Features:
- I've always had great experienceAhappygalDined on 2/26/2014I've always had great experience at Palamino except this time. The service was really slow. We asked the waiter for waiter and it took maybe 10-15 min before he came back with the refill. There was 5 adults and a toddler. Only 2of us like this entree. Two of us order the seafood linguine and it was way to sour because of the citrus and capers. Both entree was only eaten half. I don't like eating artichoke and I got the grilled seafood pasta. I specifically ask the waiter if the artichoke-mushroom was a kind of mushroom or artichoke. He said it is artichoke and that you will not taste it. There was chuck loads of artichoke in that entree.Special Features:
- Never Disappointed!smishaDined on 2/22/2014Love this place, especially for brunch! The food and drinks are always excellent! Whether you want a nice romantic meal or a gathering of friends!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I've been here many time butOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/19/2014I've been here many time but this time the food was subpar; the romaine lettuce tasted old, the panini sandwhich was awful and waiter was annoying constantly interrupting our conversation. Won't be going there again.Special Features:
- Excellent value!MP12VIPDined on 2/17/2014Excellent value! Great consistent quality food & service!! And a great location on the EmbarcaderoSpecial Features:
- Almost Perfect!OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 2/14/2014I have been here a few times in the past and it 's still one of the best. We arrived and had a very short wait we were seated at a lovely little table the we were able to see out side. I ordered the lamb shank only for my waiter to come back and say they were out of the lamb so with nothing else on this VDay weekend in menu that I wanted I was left to get the steak I must say once I put the first bit in my mouth I was okay with not having the lamb.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.