Palomino - San Francisco
345 Spear St.
San Francisco, CA 94105Neighborhood:
Financial District / Embarcadero
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Palomino - San Francisco
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://palomino.com/page/home
- Phone: 4155127400x
- Hours of Operation:
WEDNESDAYS ALL DAY: Half-Price Bottled Wine! (bottles priced at $26 & above).
Lunch DAILY: 11:00am 4:00pm
Dinner: Monday-Thursday: 5:00pm10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm-11:00pm and Sunday 4:30pm-9pm
Brunch: Saturday and Sunday 11am-3pm
Bloody Mary Bar: Saturday and Sunday 11am-3pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: European, American, Mediterranean
- Executive Chef: Kristela Mendoza
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Palomino can host 8 to 30 people with pre-selected menus for parties of 12 or more. Special accommodations can be made, please inquire.
- Private Party Contact: Palomino San Francisco 4155127400x
- Cross Street: Folsom
- Public Transit: Muni N Line - Folsom Station/
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: Hills Plaza Garage: weekdays: park in the garage between 11am and 2pm to get $2 rate for 3 hours. Park in the garage after 5pm to get 3 hours free! Weekend: 3 hours free any time. Street parking also available.
A word from Palomino - San Francisco
Palomino has a spirited and upbeat atmosphere. They offer Pacific European fare of Rotisserie grilled meats and seafood. Palomino has a STELLAR view of the bay bridge and a fantastic outdoor patio!!Continued
***Please note the patio and lounge are all open seating after 3pm. Reservations are for the dining room only.
***Please note the patio and lounge are all open seating after 3pm. Reservations are for the dining room only.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Palomino - San Francisco reviews from OpenTable diners
161 reviews since May 22, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (93)great for outdoor dining (83)good for groups (69)special occasion (55)great for lunch (47)vibrant bar scene (46)romantic (36)fit for foodies (35)neighborhood gem (31)great for brunch (27)hot spot (21)notable wine list (18)late-night find (15)kid-friendly (9)Show More
- A Bit Too SpicyInExileVIPDined on 6/20/2014Palomino tends to be a bit heavy-handed with their spices, sometimes to the point of making dishes inedible. In fairness most of the food is good, if not particularly imaginative. Service is highly variable, but is generally attentive and quick. The dining room is adjacent to a very crowded bar area which gets very loud.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very DisappointedFoOdIsGoodDined on 6/20/2014When I read the reviews I was excited about coming here for date night. When we walked up I was very surprised to see people in hoodies and flip flops. Although, the bar area was madness, thankfully the dinning room was not as chaotic and we had a beautiful view of the bridge! Their menu selections were a little disappointing, nothing spectacular about it. When the food came out it was more disappointing then their menu choices. I had the Paella and my boyfriend had the steak. Both of our meals appeared to have been sitting under a heat lamp for a long while and it tasted it like it. It was crusty and lukewarm. I don't mind spending money on a meal at a nice restaurant but only if it's worth it and this place was not worth it.Special Features:
- Lunch timejdnoVIPDined on 6/20/2014Great views and atmosphere if you can get an outside seat. A few more umbrellas outside would make it ideal when it is really warm outside. Good service.Special Features:
- Love it!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/18/2014This is my top favorite restaurant!! It's not a complete dinner without the Potatos Gorgonzola appy and their signature Tiramisu!! Love, love, love this place!! The best outdoor dining with gorgeous clear views of the Bay Bridge and oh boy when it's lit up at night...........amazing!!Special Features:
- Skip dinner - go for happy hoursaffafoodieVIPDined on 6/15/2014The views of the Bay Bridge and to the water, are spectacular. The dining experience less so. The menu looks impressive, but the food is average. Service was inattentive to just OK. I remember having the same experience when I visited the dining room for dinner three years ago and thinking at that time that I would only ever return for the 'Happy Hour' where one can sit outside (there are outside heat-lamps if the weather is chilly) and order good happy hour snacks and drinks. The restaurant should expand their happy hour type service, or step it up as it pertains to fine dining. Don't just rely on the great views.Special Features:
- Got it wrong again.PoutybutloyalDined on 6/15/2014This is the fourth time (this time it was Father's Day 2014 at about 12:30 PM) in 3 years we've dined at this restaurant where the server failed to bring us our full order, i.e. leaving something out. We've had to get their attention and sort of "wake them up" to the discrepancy. I feel taking a table's order is one thing but delivering it without a hitch is absolutely essential. I'm hoping management figures out a way to "foolproof" what ought to be a simple and basic function of ANY server.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great evening outeatsRusDined on 6/11/2014We had a group of six - overall food was great. Everyone at the table enjoyed everything, except the person that ordered the crusted salmon from the special menu - they anticipated that the crusting on the salmon would be, well ... crusty. It was soggy. The rest of the food was outstanding. Service was excellent, our server was very attentive. The view of the bridge was very good from our table. The noise level was quite high. All in all, a wonderful night out and everyone had a good time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- phillOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/11/2014An excellent experience, the staff was friendly and accommodating. They checked in often and the food was excellent!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Came for the view, loved the food!MosieSaysVIPDined on 6/10/2014Really a terrific spot! We specifically asked to be near a window so we could see the light show on the bridge, and we were thrilled with our seats! The food was amazing, delivered at proper temp and with proper timing. Nice wine list. Nice wait staff. No complaints at all!Special Features:
- dirty, over cooked and disappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/8/2014#1 Clean the front door, years of finger prints #2 All of the food was over cooked #3 I don't think you could get a bad meal in SF, I was wrong!
- BADOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/7/2014Didn't care for the food or the waiter, rude , forgot half the order, the food wasn't tasty at all . I will not return.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/2/2014Service was slow and servers were confused about who was serving our table. The restaurant was not clean looking (floors) and was run down (marble counter in women's bathroom was cracked and really worn). Restaurant seems dated.Special Features:
- Service was excellentdndanceDined on 5/30/2014Our waitress was great, personable and took care of our every need. It was my wife's birthday and so our waitress brought to us a desert with a candle to celebrate at no charge to us. We had a great time.Special Features:
- Very nice lunch spot for meetings!CityLoverDined on 5/28/2014I always like Palomino because the servers are so good, the food is always consistent and you get good value. My husband and I had a business meeting the other day and we could actually hear each other conversing. We have also often frequented Palomino since we were living in the City and we always found the restaurant to be a reliable place to have a good meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Second visit, same sentimentGaryDined on 5/27/2014Came back for a second lunch and had the Palomino burger. The bun was a bit dense, almost like the bun was no longer fresh. I ate around the bun instead. When all was said and done, this meal didn't impress me enough to want to try the location a third time.
- Made our special night more speciallitgirlDined on 5/24/2014Our group of 8 had dinner here before prom at the Bentley Reserve. Due to traffic caused by an evening Giants game and our inexperience with driving into SF, we were 20-30 minutes late for our reservation. We called and Palominos was very understanding. They were able to hold our reservation. When we got there, everyone was super friendly and our waiter was GREAT! I know a lot of restaurants of this caliber in the city would not be pleased with a prom group, but Palominos made us feel welcome! The food was great; the service was fantastic! It all contributed to an all-around perfect evening I'll always remember!Special Features:
- great time!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/23/2014excellent dining experience...great service-fantastic food!!! highly recommend!Special Features:
- Amazing scallops....YumyummVIPDined on 5/22/2014Pretty much everything we ate was delicious- the scallops especially, although the salmon was pretty amazing also. I had mostly visited Palomino for happy hour before so forgot how good the food on the normal menu was. DELICIOUS!!Special Features:
- GaryDined on 5/22/2014Had the Louis salad. I was underwhelmed by the plate knowing it cost $20. There were 5 shrimps, a small lump of crab, and a little avocado. I didn't feel that the deliverable lived up to its price tag. Presentation was lacking as well.Special Features:
- The following 1468 reviews are from the Palomino - San Francisco reviews archive.
- Great PlaceOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 5/20/2014We ate here to watch the bay lights and were very pleasantly surprised at the wonderful restaurant. The hummus appetizer was delicious. We all had pizza and it was delicious. The thin, crispy crust was perfect. Great selection of beers. We had tiramisu which was actually chocolate and awesome. Definitely making a trip back here again soon!Special Features:
- Restauarant with a viewojoefanDined on 5/20/2014Food good but eclectic menu of unusual dishes may not please all. Small portions with moderate prices. A bottle of wine is more expensive than many other moderately priced restaurants in S.F. Service is excellent; couldn't get any better. Love the small booths and tables with linen tablecloths.Special Features:
- a miss on the foodOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 5/17/2014Usuall Palomino has reliable if not exceptional food, but on my last visit I was served "osso buco" that was nearly inedible. It would have needed at least another hour of braising to make it chewable and it was lukewarm to boot. The waiter at the outside tables was diffident at best and never did let the front know we had reservations; upon leaving we had to go let them know to avoid getting a black mark. Not, overall, a pleasant experience. Past visits have been much better, so I will give them at least one more try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OK, but could be much betterGeorgeDined on 5/16/2014Our lunch reservation was at 1:30 for a table of four, and we opted initially to be seated indoors, but we did not expect to be taken to a small table in the bar area where they had the TV running! We then requested to be moved to the outdoor patio, which was a better setting and less noisy. We first ordered an appetizer which was good but when they brought us the small plates one had dried up tomatoe stains, which were clearly visible! Our waitress was very courteous and efficient, but one request to substitute veggies for mashed potatoes was missed, but was quickly corrected. After ordering our coffee we could not find our waitress to pay our bill. We finally signaled another waiter who ended up bringing our bill!
- Better for Happy HourShellyDined on 5/11/2014Took my mom for Mother's Day brunch and it was just ok to me. Service was great! But I'd rather go for the Happy Hour Menu.Special Features:
- Decent brunch, not greatsym13Dined on 5/11/2014We enjoyed the brunch, but somehow the whole experience - from the service to the food - lacked style and the check-in process felt awkward and impersonal.Special Features:
- well-doneOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/8/2014ut is a seen and be seen kinda place around happy hour. Visiting from out of town and we were impressed with the service and food selection.Special Features:
- DisappointedmarymackVIPDined on 4/29/2014I've had lunch at Palomino lots of times and have always enjoyed the food and the service but went for dinner the other night and was unpleasantly surprised. The dining room was fairly empty as most customers were enjoying happy hour out on the patio. However, our service was extremely slow - I had ordered steak frites and the steak was overcooked and the fries were cold - assuming because they were waiting to be picked up too long. We then received the wrong check - the view was nice and the food at lunch has always been great but I wouldn't ever go for dinner again.Special Features:
- Dining at Palomino'sScottDined on 4/29/2014Food is always good. Great views and nice menu to select from. People are always friendly and helpful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- bizlunchqueenDined on 4/24/2014Good food. Menu has nice options. I brought a large group of 9 of whom 3 were late shows an 2 no shows. The waiter was very accommodating to our late arrivals. Service was good even with a very busy waiter. Service is the key here, I use this restaurant when I have larger groups as they can handle the service aspect and there are options for all tastes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Better this time.EasytopleaseDined on 4/21/2014Palomino has been a long time favorite, but lately there have been worrisome signs in food quality and service. I gave it a poor rating last week because of inefficient service; a subsequent try resulted in a totally different experience with attentive and efficient service. While the food has been consistently good, on the whole, last time their signature mushroom soup lacked the intense flavor and texture; it left a "watered down" impression. All in all, it was still a good meal, but this critical things have to be pointed out before the situation slides to an out of control level.Special Features:
- EasytopleaseDined on 4/19/2014We are long term customers who keep going back with confidence; however our last visit was marred by inexcusable slow and inefficient service. The very pleasant waiter was trying hard, but he must have been either new or poorly trained or both. The manager on duty was not open to customers' complaints; nonetheless he offered a discount on the bill. This was particularly aggravating because it was a special celebration; we all left without coffee or desert and, in spite of the excellent food, with a bitter taste in our collective mouth. Since this was our first disappointment with Palomino we will give them another chance.Special Features:
- Good After the Ball Game PlaceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/12/2014The food was acceptable. The drinks were really good. This is not a place for gourmets. But the ambiance is upscale. Good for Happy Hour. The service was very accomodating and attentive even though it was crowded on a Saturday night when the two of us went for a early dinner at 6:45 p.m.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good TasteOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/12/2014All the meals I have eaten so far really really taste good and delicious. They are just flavorful, not too salty nor spicy and cooked right. The waiter was very nice and courteous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We were a party of four withOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/11/2014We were a party of four with plenty of time to enjoy lunch. We had a very attentive and knowledgeable server (Jessie) and all of our selections were great. We will keep going back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tournist RestaurantamapDined on 4/9/2014We were very pleased with our service and food. My son explained to our waiter that he had a plane to catch and needed to be done with our meal in a certain time and that was accommodated. It a great place to bring out-of town visitors because of view, location and eating outside on a sunny day, not mention validated parking.Special Features:
- Great Go-To SpotAnonymousVIPDined on 4/7/2014We are new to San Francisco, and live on 1st Street. This was a great walkable experience, and will become one of our "go-to" spots. The atmosphere was vibrant, and the food was great. Very casual, but the service was of the caliber of a much higher end restaurant.Special Features:
- A dependable restaurant andKatieDined on 4/4/2014A dependable restaurant and bar near Harrison and Spear Streets. Great outdoor dining with views of the Bay Bridge.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice!mehartsDined on 4/2/2014Enjoyed great paella, chicken Parmesan and scallops. Mojito was very tasty!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We love PalominoBrookmcbVIPDined on 4/2/2014...because our reservation is always honored, our request for window table is usually honored, the service is attentive and the food is well prepared and delicious. However, because of scheduled events, we are almost exclusively at Palomino on a Wednesday at an early dining hour - 5:30 p.m. - and are usually on our way out by 7:30. The bar gets very crowded and loud later on (looks like fun) and the dining room full so whether I would be able to make the same comments if we dined later in the evening, I don't know. I hope so! Validated parking is a huge +.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Kid FriendlyPortokaliDined on 3/29/2014i brought my kiddos and i thought it might be stuffy for them but, the staff was welcoming. Our waitress was a gem and she took good care of us. She suggested a very good wine for me and my entree was excellent! the kiddos were satisfied with non-other than pizza and mac-n-cheese and making a little fuss but, all was well. Will go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.