Lawry's The Prime Rib - Dallas
14655 Dallas Parkway
Dallas, TX 75254Neighborhood:
Prime RibPrice: $31 to $50
Lawry's The Prime Rib - Dallas
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.lawrysonline.com/
- Phone: 9725036688x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 2:00pm
Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:30pm
Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
Sunday Brunch: 11:00am-2:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Prime Rib
- Executive Chef: Matt Melton
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Full Prime Rib dinners to-go
- Special Events: Lawry's The Prime Rib hosts wine and specialty dinners each month.
Summer Dinner Special for $35.00 from June 1st through June 30th, 2010.
For more details go to http://bit.ly/cvf04e
A word from Lawry's The Prime Rib - Dallas
You'll know the moment you arrive that Lawry's The Prime Rib is an extraordinary restaurant. The signature Roasted Prime Ribs of Beef are aged 21 days, rock salt-roasted to perfection then carved to order tableside from shining silver carts. The famous Spinning Bowl Salad, whipped cream horseradish, mashed potatoes, Yorkshire Pudding and warm hospitality complete the experience that has landed Lawry's on countless "10 Best" lists and made it a dining legend since 1938.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
Lawry's The Prime Rib - Dallas - Best Restaurants in North Dallas ›
Lawry's The Prime Rib - Dallas reviews from OpenTable diners
242 reviews since May 19, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (194)romantic (138)good for groups (71)fit for foodies (68)notable wine list (54)neighborhood gem (38)great for lunch (35)great for brunch (31)kid-friendly (19)late-night find (18)great for outdoor dining (16)hot spot (15)vibrant bar scene (12)scenic view (4)Show More
- SidrondeDined on 6/28/2014Service and food all Great ! Would highly recommend !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!TXJudiVIPDined on 6/28/2014Every bite was perfect! Tables are spaced so that each table still feels intimate. Great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect as usualWayneDined on 6/23/2014We always enjoy a perfect prime rib at Lawry's and this was no exception. We could actually cut it with a fork. The spinning bowl salad is our favorite and our waiter was attentive but not intrusive. Lawry's is our favorite for special occasions, but this visit was just because it's always so good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome food, including the prime.FletchDined on 6/22/2014The service was great, the prime rib awesome, and while i had the Lawrys cut....the smaller portion would have been more than enough! The Spinning Salad Bowl is great. Quite, elegant, no screaming kids, no one texting or chatting on a cellphone... a VERY nice dinner.Special Features:
- CJH95VIPDined on 6/21/2014This was our third visit and we chose Lawry's because they had a 1000 point table at 8 on a Saturday. While we have had better steak in other steakhouses, Lawry's is still very good and doesn't disappoint. The potatoes and spaghetti squash sides were amazing. When it is just the two of us dining we typically prefer more intimate settings and Lawry's seems to cater to large groups including families with children. Luckily we have always been seated in a booth that provides a bit of privacy. The server was attentive and helpful.Special Features:
- always goodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/21/2014This is the best place to go for Prime Rib. Service is consistently good. Some of the servers have been there forever and know what a good dining experience is. I love their spinning bowl salad. Never try anything else because I LOVE the prime rib. I am always made to feel comfortable here.Special Features:
- Simply the Best Steak & Prime Ribjoethegent65VIPDined on 6/21/2014Simply the best steak and prime rib in all of Dallas.....salads cool, crisp and colorful....unlimited wine and beverage list.....deserts to die for....service is SUPERNATURAL starting with the General Manager, to the wait and bus staff...they cater to your every dining need and make you feel so special. Ask for Ms Miller as she is the best. We have been to most all dining establishments in DALLAS during the past 25 years....we keep coming back to Lawrys each month. You can never get enough of a good thing.Special Features:
- Good Not The Best I've Had ThereHankDined on 6/20/2014This is one of my favorite places any where for Prime Rib. My wife and I celebrated my retirement at Lawry's on 6/20; we both ordered Lawry's cuts, Med/Rare. Her's was cooked to perfection; mine was much more medium than it should have been. I should have sent it back, but we were both so hungry and caught up in the moment. I had a few bites of her prime rib and there was a noticeable difference. The overall dining experience has always been exceptional, but management should consider re-evaluating their consistency.Special Features:
- Great for special occasionsJenniferDDined on 6/15/2014Amazing food, intimate dining atmosphere, fabulous service;Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Elegantly IncredibleAlanVIPDined on 6/15/2014Lawry's is a favorite of ours for special occassions. It never disappoints. Amazing food, amazing service! Timeless!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MenuKingLizard1VIPDined on 6/15/2014Has mostly high carb side orders with main meat entree. I am never quite happy with the meat I get at this restaurant. It's was served to me cold and it really didn't taste like prime meat.Special Features:
- nooolovemyhighendDined on 6/15/2014For this restaurant to be as exclusive as it was v it should have been a way better experience. I went there on the recommendation of another but my experience was nothing like theirs. I will not go back nor recommend this place to anyone. For a ribeye to be 49 and dry, that's not worth buying.Special Features:
- ChrisDined on 6/15/2014Waaaay too much dressing on the "spinning" salad. Two of the chairs at our table seemed to be broken--very squeaky with loose backs--my son and daughter-in-law didn't want me to bring attention to it so I didn't! To be honest with you it wasn't the first class restaurant I always remembered it as. This was the first time we'd been there in about 2 years.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service -DadsDined on 6/15/2014I was so impressed by the service of the manager - Nicole. She was extremely helpful from the moment I called with special requests for my family. Nicole made sure my requests were 100% satisfied. I would recommend Lawry's and thank Nicole for her customer service skills.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WaiterOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/14/2014Extremely upset with how the waiter didn't pay attention to detail and my order was wrong. He didn't even attempt to apologize or get it right but just offered us a creamed spinach. We are frequent visitors but this night we felt aweful. Our son even stated the waiter was bad.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Peaches2Dined on 6/14/2014This was my first time at Lawry's The Prime Rib - Dallas, and from the time we stepped out of the car until we finished dinner it was awesome. The food, our server Mr. Phebe and service was great. We will definitely come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- simpluy the finest prime ribjoethegent65VIPDined on 6/14/2014Simply the finest prime rib and steak in all of Dallas....salads cool and crisp...unlimited wine and bar list...deserts to die for......supernatural service....several dining rooms to choose from based on tastes....would highly recommend....we keep coming back each month for the last 26 years. You can never get enough of a great thing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Evening!Perry014Dined on 6/14/2014The wait staff is very accommodating without being intrusive. The food was all cooked to perfection and tasted wonderful. We had prime rib with the mashed potatoes and Yorkshire pudding, the Lawry's rib-eye with scalloped potatoes, cream of corn and the sautéed mushrooms. Everything was suburb with the exception of the mashed potatoes- which I think are good- but not fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply the Best Steak & Prime Ribjoethegent65VIPDined on 6/7/2014Spectacular prime rib and steaks....salads cool and crisp....unlimited wine and beverage list.....deserts to die for.....supernatural service starting with the General Manager..to the hostesses, the wait staff ,the bus staff AND the carvers ( Yes they carve to beef right beside your table). They treat you like royalty. Several dining rooms to choose from , based on your tastes. It's a dining experience you will truly treasure. We keep coming back each month for the past 27 years. You can NEVER get enough of a good thing.Special Features:
- Wonderfully RomanticRachaelBDined on 6/6/2014I love this restaurant for its cozy atmosphere. We've enjoyed their lobster bisque and spinning bowl salad each and every time! Some of their choices of sides aren't particularly to our taste, but we've also learned that after having the soup and salad there is no need for any sides any way. Some day we'll even try to leave room for dessert! They look delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Travis rocks!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/6/2014If you want a restaurant with atmosphere, delicious food, a waitor who delivers superb service with a great personality eat at Lawry's and ask for a table with Travis Thompson. He is top of the line. Carlos is wonderful too. Very professional. The bar tenders are very friendly. Lars does an excellent job making sure everything runs smoothly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a treatReunionDined on 6/3/2014Every time I visit dfw or lax Lawrys is our spot. The staff and ppl at both locations r excellent. This is always a monthly stop on my business to dfwSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Prime RibdkwasDined on 6/1/2014Table side prep of some of the best prime rib and other dishes cannot be beat. A great place to go for any special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Birthday to remember!bday2rememberDined on 5/31/2014I had only heard rumors of Lawry's when we lived in Chicago and nothing in those tales could match the reality of an amazing dinner. The service made me feel like royalty. I was smiling the entire evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- celebrated anniversarymickiDined on 5/25/2014Had eaten here about 20 years ago when visiting Dallas. Just as good now as then. Wonderful food, excellent service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Old world charmDebbieDined on 5/24/2014It's nice to have great service and wonderful food all in the same restaurant! And quiet enought to carry on conversation with your dinner companions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, slow servicesvargas05Dined on 5/23/2014I was slightly disappointed at the service me and my girlfriend received that night. I made the reservation and was seated promptly upon arrival - a plus. The waiter is where my experience began to move downhill (that's not to say it was terrible). He was clearly being more attentive to his other tables in the same area. Being more involved with their dinner selections and just overall more friendly. Not sure what the problem was, but he came to our table about 3-4 times (leaving the check included), never checking on us until our food arrived. The food - was outstanding. Very hot and fresh. I would recommend this restaurant, just be careful, some of their wait staff can be a bit... "choosy" about who they want to treat right.Special Features:
- Top quality food experienceLKM0340Dined on 5/23/2014Lawry's is an outstanding restaurant. The prime rib is wonderful, cooked exactly to ones liking. The various sides were done to perfection. I was apprehensive ordering asparagus fearing it would be over done. It was perfect! The entire dining experience was superb.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Dallas RestaurantRalphVIPDined on 5/22/2014I am in Dallas 4-5 times a year and always try to get to lawry's. Food is fabulous and the service is always outstanding. Was lucky to get the bone-in Larwy Cut this trip and was better than I could have imagined.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently GoosAvgDinerVIPDined on 5/19/2014Lawry's never disappoints. The food is great, the atmosphere is quiet and the service is excellent. Is a trendy, "got to be seen" spot – no? Is it cutting edge tastes - no? Is it a great place to go to have a great meal . . . and relax - yes! I personally get tired of "the" places in Dallas - and Lawry’s is always an exceptional experience. Our waiter on this visit could not have been more pleasant, attentive and accommodating. Overall we keep coming back to Lawry’s . . . not to be scene!Special Features:
- The following 1895 reviews are from the Lawry's The Prime Rib - Dallas reviews archive.
- Celebrating Beef!FincheDined on 5/19/2014There are so many great steakhouses that ruin everything with overdone decor, lots of TVs, and crowded spaces. Lawry's is not like that. You can have an elegant dinner and not walk out with your ears ringing. I am not a fan of prime rib. But they do a great filet, and I love the atmosphere. The only spec on a wonderful evening — we don't drink alcohol or order appetizers, since we are diabetic. It seems that the tables that are obviously bigger spenders get a bit more of the service staff's attention.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lawry's - Dallas - 5/18/2014jwoolsDined on 5/18/2014Prime rib was amazing! Table service provided by Mr. Murray was outstanding! Sides: spinach, mac and cheese, rolls, mashed potatoes, etc were really good! Mimosa's that came with the brunch were a nice feature! Drove 1 hour to get there and will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- You can't go wrong!!GluemanDined on 5/17/2014Always have a great meal with great service! I usually love the soufflé , but had to pass it up this time, I'm not a sweet potato soufflé guy disappointing. But that's my taste I'm sure others love it.Special Features:
- Not up to standard for megostars44Dined on 5/17/2014Have eaten here many times. Normally for lunch. Always order end cut. Normally a little fat and crusty and not dried out. This time a very dry cut of meat and no crust. Everything else was very good. Best pecan pie ever.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Holidays are tough!dgh1958VIPDined on 5/11/2014The food was spectacular but the service suffered. Being Mother's Day, my expectations were low regarding service. I was right.Special Features:
- Mother's DayOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/11/2014Made a reservation and we were seated right on time. The food was excellent and,as expected, the price is not for the faint of heart. The service was ok...my side order didn't make it to the table. I expected more attention to detail from a high end restaurant. Overall, Lawry's was enjoyable and the prime rib was excellent. We will go back and I would recommend it to others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointingtybeme1Dined on 5/11/2014Prime rib was fatty and poorly seasoned. Side dishes are $7 each for a small single serving compared to family style like most upscale steakhouses. Venue is outdated. Won't be back. Does not compare to other high end steakhouses.
- Mothers Day HighlightBronson90Dined on 5/11/2014Easy on-line reservation with follow-up call by restaurant representative... Gary was very attentive, personable but professional server dealing well with questions and special needs Food, of course, was wonderfulSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Over pricedLstimerDined on 5/11/2014Service was really good. Entrees on menus way too expensive. A small filet of fish was priced like it was a full slab of prime rib. Selections were limited. Obviously prime rib is main draw and it is good. Just too expensive.
- Excellent Place to Dinepig2dineDined on 5/11/2014WOw! Great experience in Dining were able to get whatever we wanted! Most place not able to do this!! A Great advantage to have to be flexible! Congrat's to Lawry for meeting all y expectations!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.