The Burg & Barrel
7042 W. 76th Street
Overland Park, KS 66204Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
The Burg & Barrel
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.burgandbarrel.com/
- Phone: 9136492525x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Sunday 11:00am -3:00pm.
Dinner: Monday - Sunday 3:00pm - 11:00pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Gastro Pub
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events: Join us every Wednesday night at 8pm for Geeks Who Drink live trivia! It's free to play and you can have up to 6 players on a team!
A word from The Burg & Barrel
Welcome to the Burg & Barrel in historic downtown Overland Park! Whether you're having lunch with a coworker, dining with family for dinner, or just catching up over cocktails during our "Hoppy Hour," this is the perfect spot. Our menu offers a full range from appetizers, salads, to our in house specialty entrees, but you can't go wrong with one of the signature gourmet burgers made from our scratch kitchen. Our ever changing 12 taps and 95+ bottles of beers are guaranteed to excite the biggest of beer geeks. Spend your nights on our covered patio or hang inside playing a game of foosball and watching the game. We strive to provide only the best in customer service and our attention to detail will complete your most enjoyable experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
The Burg & Barrel - Best Restaurants in Overland Park ›
The Burg & Barrel reviews from OpenTable diners
23 reviews since May 23, 2014
- Ambiance3.5Noise LevelEnergetic
neighborhood gem (17)great for lunch (13)vibrant bar scene (11)late-night find (6)good for groups (5)great for outdoor dining (3)hot spot (3)kid-friendly (2)fit for foodies (2)Show More
- Great Burger and Cool Concept.DaBigEasyDined on 9/6/2014I have been here a couple of time and decided to share the experience and burgers with my family who also enjoyed. A good place for lunch on my daughter and daddy day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Grade: AOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/28/2014Every other time I've gone here, I've gotten a wrap. This time I got a cheeseburger and loved it!!! It was a nice size, cooked perfectly and juicy. The tater tots are MUCH better than fries. The service is hit or miss and I love the punch card for lunch!!!Special Features:
- Grade: B+OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/19/2014Typically this place is an A+, but today missed the mark just a little. I always order the same things and this time it wasn't made very well. The wrap was stuffed with mostly lettuce. Several bites only had lettuce and nothing else. The other person with me ordered a wrap as well and it was much larger this time than other times. The food just wasn't consistent. The server was also a little spacey. We had to ask for things several times. The server we enjoy was there and we should have requested her because she's awesome.Special Features:
- Not BadOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/11/2014Actually found this place through open table making a reservation (yes they do accept for a burger & beer joint). Group of 9 and the service was good and the food wasn't bad. Had a burger which was served as requested.Special Features:
- New FindOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 7/28/2014Love this new find. Met the owners and fell in love with this neighborhood gem!!!Special Features:
- Great neighborhood hangout.PeggDined on 7/24/2014Always enjoy the burgers and nachos here. Beers are good too!Special Features:
- Food was good, quick service...bigflip81Dined on 7/8/2014The food was good, didn't take long for drinks or the food to arrive. Waitress was pleasant, attentive and cute...good experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Big Sandwiches and Great Beer ListOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 6/28/2014Good menu, big portions, terrific beer list. Have gone for lunch and dinner now, both were excellent. Coming back soonSpecial Features:
- Surprising menu! Great food!OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 6/14/2014We were in Kansas City for business and went to B & B because of the Open Table reviews. We almost didn't go in because from the outside it did not look that special. Also, there is a very noisy bar next door (it may be part of B & B) and we did not think this was our kind of place. But we tried it and I am very glad we did. We were very surprised at the great, innovative menu and really wonderful food. Kevin our waiter gave great suggestions. DONOT miss the heated pretzels with a dipping sauce from Heavan! I can imagine at times that this place can get very noisy but we were there early on a Saturday night and had a great time. My suggestion is that Burg & Barrel should be on Diners, Drive Ins and Dives!Special Features:
- quick biteNotsoNewPortGrillDined on 5/31/2014The service was great, the food was good but the ambience was absent. could do something to bring it into this century.Special Features:
- Great time!JuliMcGVIPDined on 5/31/2014The burgers are amazing and that is a given. The surprise on this visit was how great the salmon asparagus salad was!! Must try!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 2nd Time's a CharmMeatheadDined on 5/25/2014We carried out here about a month ago and were impressed enough to actually dine in this time. We were not disappointed. Great beer selection and above average pub fare. Our server was friendly and attentive and we were impressed that despite being a fairly big beer bar there were a lot of folks with young kids that filtered in during our time there. Almost forgot to mention we brought our 3-week old sleeping baby girl with us and not only did she nap throughout, nobody on the staff or in the restaurant blinked an eye that she was there. We will definitely be making a return trip.Special Features:
- ConsistentOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 5/24/2014As usual, the food and service was great. Love the bar and the avocado BLT as a wrap.Special Features:
- The following 30 reviews are from the The Burg & Barrel reviews archive.
- Great Burgers and more!sundaydinersVIPDined on 5/18/2014This place is a solid, non-pretentious, old-school neighborhood-style bar & burger joint, and good ones like this are getting harder and harder to find! They have a serious 12 tap of really good craft beer choices (and another 100+ craft beer selections in the cooler!) Lots of tv's, something on the menu for everyone, everything on the menu is "in-house-made" fresh and real! The hand cut, honest-to-goodness REAL potato french fries are truly worthy of every carb ingested. We will absolutely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pretty goodFoodieDined on 5/11/2014This was my first time at The Burg & Barrel and I really liked it. I know the burgers are a big deal but I opted for a wrap (the crispy chicken ... or whatever the buffalo chicken one was) and it was tasty. I also got the pretzels with cheese for an app. They were good but a little soggy, I think I would have liked a firmer sample of the pretzels but it still tasted great with the cheese. Our server was fantastic and totally kept on us! The happy hour drink specials were great and I felt the whole experience was good and reasonable. I'd definitely go back!Special Features:
- so awesome!!beccadDined on 5/8/2014love the burg & barrel! great food, great service, great drinks! good times had by all, always!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- For a Burger Joint...luvseasoningsVIPDined on 4/20/2014they need to come up with better seasonings for the ground beef before they begin the cooking process. They are very creative with the toppings and names they have for the burgers, but the meat itself is bland. Our service was great, the beer was very cold and it is a fun place to visit.
- Love the sweet potato friesGwenDined on 4/12/2014These are the best sweet potato fries I've had in a long time. Many interesting burger combinations. Haven't been disappointed yet!Special Features:
- PB and E all the way!JuliMcGVIPDined on 4/5/2014It is a great find in old Overland Park. We loved it! The PB and E is the most amazing burger I have ever had. Who knew that peanut butter could be so tasty on a burger! Must try. In fact, can't wait to return and eat it again.]Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placeJulzDined on 4/5/2014Great restaurant, food and bar. The whiskey choices were excellent!Special Features:
- Amazing!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/22/2014Best fried pickles ever!!! Great beer selection! Loved my burger!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good burgers, slow serviceGD923Dined on 3/22/2014My wife and I both enjoyed our burgers. Pretty similar to BRGR in that respect. Great beer list. Service was pretty slow and not great. Could have been that it was gettig busier due to March Madness but it wasn't overly crowded in my opinion. Overall a good place to get a gourmet/fun burger.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Place to eat and watch the game!GwenDined on 3/8/2014We read the reviews and felt this place lived up to them. My friend had the basic burger with sweet potato fries and enjoyed. I tried the nachos and thought there were excellent. They were not too "gooped" up and the chips stayed crispy throughout. The best I've had in a long time. Lots of televisions throughout and we are planning to watch more than a few BB games here for March Madness.Special Features:
- Pleasantly SurprisedOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 2/18/2014I'm glad to see lower priced restaurants joining OpenTable. I prefer to eat at restaurants on OT so I can get my points , and I love that fact a bar is on here! I work just down the street and had no idea it was there until I found it on Open Table. The reviews were so positive that I had to try it out for my self. It was a pleasant surprise to see how many improvements were made on the restaurant itself from the previous bar; everything is an upgrade. The food was delicious. I ordered a sandwich that I asked to have turned into the wrap. The wrap was so good I've been wanting to return all week. My friend ordered a burger and said it was great. The tator tots were some of the best I've had. I will definitely return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not bad...Heath1336Dined on 2/14/2014My husband and I decided to visit the Burg and & Barrel for a casual Valentines dinner date. We ran into some issues initially with parking- there just wasn't enough. We ended up parking in another lot by an auto parts store. We were greeted and seated very quickly. The food was your typical bar food - just ok. Would definitely recommend this place for a good place to sit and have a beer but wouldn't come back for just the food.Special Features:
- Excellent Bar FoodPhilipDined on 2/12/2014The menu was filled with a wide enough variety to have you coming back. I came for a specific purpose- Boulevard Chocolate Ale. They had it on tap over the weekend, but ran out quickly- and they were holding back the last bit for Valentine's Day. I can respect that- even though it is disappointing. They did have nice sweet potato fries and killer cajun tater tots. Worth going back for the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Burgersluv2dineDined on 2/8/2014Food was very good. Burgers are large and flavorful. Buns are made from brioch and are really good. service was good. Prices are a little high but the food is worth it. Great atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place for a burg n beerLmnJcdDined on 2/6/2014Arrived 15 minutes before our reservation time during the Boulevard Chocolate Ale release madness to a table with our name written on the "Reserved" place card; the last table in the place that night. Absolutely loved the service, which was perfect despite the full house and limited staff. The burgers are FANTASTIC, as are the chicken strips. Haven't had a bad evening here; although we've only been twice, I anticipate many future adventures. Family friendly, well lit and a television in view from most seats without it being an annoyance. Can't wait for it to be warm enough to enjoy their patio scene and am eager to try participating in their trivia night in the "Rickhouse" room.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great BurgersloriDined on 1/31/2014The food was fantastic and the staff was very accomodating.Special Features:
- Not what I expectedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/11/2014I decided to take my husband here since he is a huge burger fan but I think I actually liked it more than he did. I had the "baby bella burger" medium rare and it may have been the best burger I have ever had in a restaurant. My husband enjoyed himself and they had an awesome beer selection. Even with it being during a play-off game it wasn't super noisy and I saw several families with small children that seemed to be doing just fine. I would definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neat place!TravelingBeerSnobDined on 1/3/2014Although the location is a little strange, the restaurant itself was great! I took my father-in-law, husband and 10 mth old for my husband’s birthday and they all had a great time. The beer list was full of craft beer and selection, (though I would have liked to see more specialty beer, the boys were VERY happy with their selections) and the waitress was knowledgeable and quick to retrieve the beer. The food was great! Burgers were cooked well with a cool selection of specialty burgers and sides. Ordered chicken tenders for little man and the two largest chicken strip I've seen came out. They were either hand breaded or the best imitation I've yet to see - crispy, flaky breading with juicy meat! We all enjoyed stealing pieces of his meal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- first timemuttlvrDined on 12/31/2013Went on new years eve just for a simple dinner. The burgers and fries were fantastic. Our waiter was attentive, lots of football games on the tv's. Will definitely go back!Special Features:
- Great food.....Dadof3Dined on 12/14/2013The staff was attentive but not swarming. Everyone ordered a different item on the menu and everyone enjoyed their food. Age range in our party was 5 to 73. Price was very reasonable, the portions ample, and the food was fresh. Their burgers were every bit as creative and delicious as BRGR at a fraction of the price. They offer two seating options: booths for 4, or maybe 5 with a small kid or two, and high top tables. We had a party of 8, so we had to go with a high top table. If you're on the fence, give this place a shot. Our kids enjoyed it, the adults felt comfortable, and the food and service were GREAT.Special Features:
- Good Burgers--Very average serviceMattLVIPDined on 10/28/2013Burger selection was excellent. Service was limited at best.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great burgersOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/25/2013This is where we always go for a consistently great burger! Definitely way above most sports bar type restaurants. Also good sweet potato fries. Onion rings a little greasy. Nice selection of beers.I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointmentDisappointedVIPDined on 10/23/2013We had a very poor experience at Burg and Barrel. We made a reservation on Open Table, which has always been a great way to get into a restaurant easily. When we arrived at Burg and Barrel no one greeted us, rather we had to hunt down someone. There were no tables available, and a sign that said seat yourself. They were not even abiding by the Open Table principles! We got blown off, so we left. It's frustrating because we drove 20+ minutes to try a new place. What a waste of gas and time!
- A great find!BabsDined on 9/14/2013We are new to the area and used Open Table to help us find something local to take out of town friends. We weren't sure what to expect when we walked up and it was in a strip location, but it was great inside and the staff was very welcoming. Great selection of burgers, sandwiches, and "beer cocktails". I got a Caprese chicken sandwich with asparagus on the side and it was fabulous. Had my picky teenagers with me and they had no trouble finding something.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Burg & BarrelDriinDined on 9/12/2013Me and my wife went here for lunch around 2:00pm. They had a couple of other tables full but overall not to many people at this time. It is a nice looking bar, LOTS of TV's, and good décor. We both ordered salad. I got a flank steak salad and my wife got a Cobb salad. My wife loved hers, the chicken was grilled perfectly and she loved that the egg wasn't a cold blob. My steak was a tiny bit overcooked but still had good flavor and it had sautéed mushroom added a good touch. Overall our visit was very nice and we will defiantly will be coming back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Took a chanceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/7/2013It looked good on line so we ventured from the the safe climes of Olathe and off to 76th and Metcalf. We were not disappointed with teh quality of service or the quality of the meal. Fun place to go.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beer Aficianados BewareOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/7/2013I was really looking forward to experiencing this "craft beer" bar & grill. For the burgers but especially for the beer. While the food was good ... delivered in a reasonable time, fresh, and hot, the server had absolutely zero knowledge about beers, which I found very annoying and disappointing. My first question was if they had a Hefewiezen on tap. Her response, "what is a Hefewiezen". Not a good start. Then we asked several questions about the beers on tap with which we were not familiar and she knew very little about those as well, could not adequately describe flavor or type, and did not offer to bring a sample to see if we wanted to try any of them. I doubt we return just for the burgers. We can find just as good closer to home.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.