The Capital Grille - Cincinnati
3821 Edwards Road
Cincinnati, OH 45209Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
The Capital Grille - Cincinnati
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.thecapitalgrille.com/
- Phone: 5133510814x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30 am - 3:00 pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: David Himmelberger
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Wine
A word from The Capital Grille - Cincinnati
You are cordially invited to join us for an evening or afternoon of relaxed elegance and exceptional cuisine. Our impressive menu of nationally renowned dry aged steaks and the freshest of seafood will ignite your culinary imagination as our award-winning wine list of more than 3,000 bottles awakens your inner sommelier. And as our gracious, knowledgeable servers delight you with their uncanny ability to anticipate your every need, you"ll experience firsthand why the American Culinary Federation recently bestowed upon us their "Achievement of Excellence Award." Whether you"re celebrating a special occasion or hosting a business luncheon or dinner, we can help you flawlessly pull off any private dining event. Our event planning staff has extensive experience and the ideal materials to work with - a capital setting, distinctive food and unmatched service.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
The Capital Grille - Cincinnati - Best Restaurants in Cincinnati ›
The Capital Grille - Cincinnati reviews from OpenTable diners
183 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (155)notable wine list (130)romantic (96)fit for foodies (70)good for groups (38)neighborhood gem (31)vibrant bar scene (25)hot spot (17)great for lunch (13)great for outdoor dining (10)great for brunch (5)late-night find (3)kid-friendly (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- Delicious and super service...TemsDined on 10/2/2013We celebrated our anniversary and could not have asked for a better time. We were treated like royalty by our server, Broadus, who also made wise recommendations and was delightfully helpful without being intrusive. Thanks for a great evening, Capital Grille!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First Time DinersSuzanneDined on 10/2/2013Were initially shown to a table in the Atrium and after we were seated, noticed it was a little chilly. Our waiter noticed this and the hostess came back and asked if we would like another location and we were shown inside to a nice booth where we awaited our other guests. Also, some of the best lobster bisque I've had - great chunks of lobster throughout. A thoroughly enjoyable nightSpecial Features:
- Great evening for sixThomasDined on 10/2/2013This is a great restaurant. Dante Holloway was our waitperson and he and his colleagues were very professional and helpful. He made some wonderful suggestions on wine and menu items. The menu provides some excellent choices, the food was perfectly prepared and presented, and the desserts were delicious. The only problem that needs to be resolved is the parking. There is simply not enough and until your surrender to valet parking, it is a wild and seemingly endless search to find a spot. TMSpecial Features:
- Another steakhouseGeckoVIPDined on 9/28/2013Another steakhouse. We're tired of the same old steakhouse menu! And Jeff Ruby does it better. That said, our experience was good. Food, service, ambiance - all good, but expensive!
- Finally... Capital Grille in CincyLisaWDined on 9/27/2013What a first class experience. Very great service and wonderful food. Make sure you try the lobster mac and cheese. Worth the price and calories. This is definitely a special occasion destination. So happy they finally made it to CincinnatiSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was wonderful, theFergyDined on 9/26/2013The food was wonderful, the environment was amazing and the staff took great care of us. I would highly recommend for a nice evening out!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner aftre the Bengals GameBrianVIPDined on 9/22/2013Food and Service was excellent! Had the Rib Eye and it was great! Came after the game with 13 people and everybody really liked it. Cheese Filled Hashbrown cubes were amazing!Special Features:
- DisappointedTKB1VIPDined on 9/21/2013We went to the Capitol Grille for our anniversary. With reservations at 8 pm, we didn't get seated until 8:40 pm. During our wait, they continued to tell us it would only be a few minutes, so we refrained from getting a drink at the bar. When they finally seated us, it was on the patio at 63 degrees or our wait would have been another 30 minutes. We were next to the bar and a bar table looked directly down on our table. They might as well have been part of our party. The bar atmosphere is not what I had in mind for our anniversary dinner. It was difficult to have a private conversation. The Capitol Grille obviously has some issues to work out with regard to dealing with the volume of weekend customers, especially those with reservations.
- Birthday DinnerJudiVIPDined on 9/21/2013Great service despite being very busy, very good food, solid service-good recommendations by server. Nice way to spend a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic Special Occasion DiningCJ34Dined on 9/21/2013From the moment we walked in the door, everyone from the hostess to the servers recognized that it was our 34th anniversary and made every effort to make this evening special. Even the table had little heart shaped graffiti sprinkled around! This was all "icing on the cake" as the food was exceptional! The shrimp cocktail was delicious with huge, plump jumbo shrimp, the steaks were cooked exactly and even better than expected, the au gratin potatoes were phenomenal, and we also got a free (huge) piece of chocolate cake which was great! In additional to our wine and beer drink order, we were graciously given two small champagne flutes of champs to toast our big night! An awesome experience and will definitely go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Could Be BetterlibrarianVIPDined on 9/21/2013The management was very helpful when I increased our number of diners from 6 to 7 at the last moment. The restaurant is lovely. BUT we were not served our dinners for an HOUR AND A HALF (friends at another table had the same problem) and the steak was ok, not great. My pecan crusted sole was dry. We did not order dessert. Thank goodness. Those friends at the other table did and it took THIRTY MINUTES for them to get their desserts!! I have other friends whose reservation was for 7:30 and did not get out until 11 p.m. Unacceptable!
- Great date nightALL4GMAVIPDined on 9/20/2013Had a great dining experience at Capital Grill. Enjoyed our oysters to start followed by our salad. My lamb chops & my girlfriends filet mignon were prepared perfectly. The lobster Mac & Cheese was to die for. Thank you to our server Lindsey for the spectacular service. And the manager Josh was very personable and professional in making sure our every need was met. Thank you for a great dining experience, we will be back!!Special Features:
- Delicious but...OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 9/19/2013The food and service were spectacular, without question. The Delmonico Ribeye was one of the best steaks I've ever had. My only complaint was price. It's a fine dining establishment so a pricey bill was to be expected (and the experience certainly commands a fine dining price tag). I was, however, surprised to find that it was actually substantially more expensive than even a Ruby restaurant, Embers, or a similar establishment, without being substantially better than those places.Special Features:
- More attractive than otherfreqdinerVIPDined on 9/19/2013More attractive than other Capital Grilles we've visited. Food was excellent. Waitress was good, but tried a little too hard -- perhaps a reflection of training and the newness of the place. Hopefully, will "settle in" to a more comfortable approach as time passes. Food worth the pricey cost, but priceyness will keep this from becoming a regular destination -- probably a 3-4 times per year thing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This capital Grill falls way shortkentDined on 9/16/2013I dine at the CG throughout the US 6-8 times a year. This new location is definately not up to par. The wait staff does not know the menu. Apparently the chef does not make many of the typical specials as others and the food was average at best. Typically the CG experience is off the charts. This experience lacks good service and good food. To top it off we celebrated a birthday and cake was served with powdered cocoa on top. It was an explosion when the candle was blown out. Maybe cute for a family event not appreciated at an executive level dinner.
- Amazing service! The foodHolly0919Dined on 9/14/2013Amazing service! The food was delicious. The waiter brought a round of champagne to help celebrate my birthday. It all was so good! Very accommodating!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderful experiencewillieDined on 9/14/2013Great food. Great service. Helped us celebrate our anniversary and made it very special!Special Features:
- A special night outsaturdaynitespecialDined on 9/14/2013The steak Oscar was outstanding. done to perfection. Our server was very attentive but not overboard. The sunroom offered a unique view of the bar area but kept you out of the noise. A great place to take someone special.Special Features:
- Fantastic serviceRebeccaVIPDined on 9/13/2013Our waitress Rita hit it out of the park with her recommendations.....will def returnSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Over priced for mediocrityDisappointedVIPDined on 9/13/2013While atmosphere is classy and appropriate, our service was spotty and steaks were mediocre at best. No comparison to a Rubys restaurant even though prices were at least as much, Will never go back
- Must Still Be Working the Kinks OutJoe1Dined on 9/13/2013We did not have a very good experience. Service was poor, messed our order up, and food was average at best. Our average bill was $100 per person without a lot of drinks. Pricy for the experience!
- Pricey - but worth itJmyers57VIPDined on 9/12/2013Not only is the food delightful, they do a great job with unexpected extra touches. We didn't tell them we were celebrating a special occasion until we got there, but from the personal note from the hostess station to the champaign, table touches and rose, we couldn't have felt more special!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, great servicerheidemanDined on 9/11/2013This place will give some well known Cincinnati steak houses a run for their money.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not Worth The Money!COteamVIPDined on 9/11/2013When a restaurant has prices this high on its food, all points should be outstanding. Repeated requests were made to turn down the music in our private room so we could talk ( we had requested a table where we could enjoy conversation). Our server did not seem well trained- she removed plates before we were finished, constantly interrupted, interjected personal opinions into our conversations, and our food was overly seasoned & one entree overcooked & sent back. This was not worth the $700 bill for our family of 7! We feel that there are many better restaurants in Cincy serving superb beef that deliver outstanding service as well as include some side dishes.
- I've dined at this restaurantCowboys2013VIPDined on 9/11/2013I've dined at this restaurant 3 times in the last month. I have enjoyed everything I have ordered. The service is wonderful. The staff treated me as if I was their most important guest.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Prepared to be pampered-a lotZia33Dined on 9/5/2013I took a friend and business contact to the Capital Grille for lunch last week and we were very happy with our meals. We both had the "plates" option which is designed to get you fed and on your way promptly but included a delicious cauliflower soup, dry aged steak, and a side of parmesean fries (my guest was better and had green beans). The restaurant was absolutely lovely, but was even fancier than I had expected (the service was a bit obtrusive and bordered on stuffy). But food was amazing and the prices were reasonable, particularly for the excellent quality, so I will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Above and beyond!OBrienDined on 9/4/2013We were celebrating a birthday and everything was absolutely perfect. It was an amazing nightSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CelebratecelebratefoodDined on 9/2/2013Great place for us to celebrate the return of the honeymooners, service and food were wonderful. It was during the week after the labor day holiday and they had run out of a premiere bourbon and they are talking about expanding their selection of microbrews. Overall a wonderful surprise as our first time here.Special Features:
- Very nice eveningStephenWetzelDined on 9/1/2013This is a wonderful place to have a romantic dinner... what an outstanding wine list, superb food and exceptional service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Spot for Special OccasionsOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/1/2013My wife and I went to the Capital Grille for our anniversary, and it was a great overall experience. The food, atmosphere and service were all excellent. It was an expensive dinner, and would be reserved for special occasions, but the restaurant met my significant expectations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top Notch Experience!!becohDined on 8/31/2013Hi, FANTASTIC dining experience. Everything was perfectly prepared and flavorful. Perfect amount of time to enjoy and prepare for each course. Michael, our server, was SPECTACULAR. We have dined all over the world, and Michael was the most knowledgable server in pairings we have witnessed, in any restaurant!! It was a birthday dinner and he was wonderful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great addition to the Cincinnati arloufVIPDined on 8/30/2013Great atmosphere and service. Food was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special birthday dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/29/2013This was one the finest dining experiences that we have ever had. We have done a bit of traveling, here and abroad. The quality of the food, the presentation and service was impeccable. We will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was delicious, serviceCowboys2013VIPDined on 8/29/2013Food was delicious, service was perfect. They were willing to seat us at another table when we requested some privacySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food and ServiceClaraandJimVIPDined on 8/27/2013My husband has dined at Capital Grille's in other cities and was very happy that they've come to Cincinnati. The service we received was first class and the steaks we ordered were the best we've had in a long time. He ordered the Delmonico and I ordered the sirloin. They were hands down better than any steaks we've had at the "Top 10" upscale steakhouses in the area in the last 2 years.Special Features:
- Although the food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 8/27/2013Although the food and service were ok I thought the restaurant was way over priced. There are restaurants in the area that you can get similar food for much less.Special Features:
- Great Customer Service!GerriHVIPDined on 8/24/2013I typically don't visit a restaurant til it's been open awhile to work out kinks but it was a special bday for the hubby. Cocktails were excellent! Filet Oscar had a ton of crab and cooked perfectly. Husband loved the Kona steak - looked like a small roast! For starters the calamari was good - huge and enough for all 4 of us to share. Shrimp cocktail was average. We shared the spinach which was a bit bitter, the lobster Mac and cheese was fab and the creamed corn was good. Service was excellent. Greeters very welcoming; wishing my husband a happy birthday as we entered. They had confetti on the table and a card for him; nice touch. Staff works really hard to pamper but seem a bit nervous. They followed up with a thank you call; nice touch!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful birthday dinnergoodeaterVIPDined on 8/24/2013What a wonderful evening. The complimentary rose and champagne toast. Excellent food and service in a very clubby atmosphere. They did their homework at every level. Even a dessert to take home with us. Just a super evening. Telephoned the next day to see if everything was perfect. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasantly surprised !!PepperridgeVIPDined on 8/23/2013The restaurant just opened so I was not expecting everything to go perfect. They corrected things immediately that weren't right and our server, Rita was fabulous! Everyone loved their entrees and it was a birthday dinner and they brought out a great dessert with a candle and some complimentary champagne! Thank you for an enjoyable evening! We"ll be back!Special Features:
- Another steakhouseOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/23/2013The place is new so there are growing pains. Service is fine wine list is not, the wines by the glass are disappointing. The steaks are very good. I suggest waiting a month or two.