The Capital Grille - Cincinnati
3821 Edwards Road
Cincinnati, OH 45209Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
The Capital Grille - Cincinnati
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.thecapitalgrille.com/
- Phone: 5133510814x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30 am - 3:00 pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: David Himmelberger
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Wine
A word from The Capital Grille - Cincinnati
You are cordially invited to join us for an evening or afternoon of relaxed elegance and exceptional cuisine. Our impressive menu of nationally renowned dry aged steaks and the freshest of seafood will ignite your culinary imagination as our award-winning wine list of more than 3,000 bottles awakens your inner sommelier. And as our gracious, knowledgeable servers delight you with their uncanny ability to anticipate your every need, you"ll experience firsthand why the American Culinary Federation recently bestowed upon us their "Achievement of Excellence Award." Whether you"re celebrating a special occasion or hosting a business luncheon or dinner, we can help you flawlessly pull off any private dining event. Our event planning staff has extensive experience and the ideal materials to work with - a capital setting, distinctive food and unmatched service.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
The Capital Grille - Cincinnati - Best Restaurants in Cincinnati ›
The Capital Grille - Cincinnati reviews from OpenTable diners
182 reviews since May 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (155)notable wine list (127)romantic (97)fit for foodies (70)good for groups (37)neighborhood gem (31)vibrant bar scene (23)hot spot (15)great for lunch (13)great for outdoor dining (12)great for brunch (5)late-night find (3)scenic view (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Excellent ServiceGood2eatDined on 2/21/2014Our waiter, Jason was very attentive and comfortable giving us recommendations about menu choices. A wonderful lunch experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Everything was excellent atEDWARDVIPDined on 2/16/2014Everything was excellent at Capital Grille and my daughter and I thoroughly enjoyed our meals. The fillet trio was outstanding as was the fillet mignon my daughter ordered. The sides were delicious and the service was most attentive. I was a bit surprised at the prices, as I did not anticipate Cincinnati restaurants charging as much as New York and San Francisco steakhouses, but the results justified such extravagance.Special Features:
- We especially enjoy the CapitalThomDined on 2/15/2014We especially enjoy the Capital Grill to celebrate special occasions. The food is excellent and the staff goes out of their way to make your celebration memorable. We never feel rushed and it's truly a fine dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 2/15/2014Captial Grille is definitely one of the best dining experiences in Cincinnati. Not only is the food delicious, the service is exceptional. Our server, Ariel, was just amazing, and made us feel like (again) like we were her only table.Special Features:
- The service was wonderfulschuVIPDined on 2/15/2014The service was wonderful with special attention to the birthday girl and realistic descriptions of the menu. The food, from the appetizers to the desserts, was excellent. The only negative is the cost. It is too expensive for the market. there are many restaurants in Cincy who provide great service and wonderful food for a much better price.Special Features:
- Excellent ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/14/2014We dined to celebrate Valentine's Day and it was a great choice for a special occasion. Our waitress Susana was amazing. She and her counterpart decorated the tables and made our experience really special. The food was excellent as well - especially the warm spinach & bacon dressing salad and the crab meat on top of the filet was phenomenal. I'd highly recommend for a date night or holiday.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent experienceuncamookieDined on 2/14/2014I knew I was going to spend a bit to enjoy Valentines with my wife at Captal Grille. It was worth it!Special Features:
- happydinerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/13/2014We really enjoyed our Valentine's dinner at Capital Grille. Certainly will be back. This is a great place to dine for special occasions. Pleasant atmosphere, great service and exceptional dishes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unexpectedly GoodIvanDined on 2/11/2014My wife and I stopped by the Capital Grill and were pleasantly surprised how nice it is. Food was great and wine selection was very good. We will definitely come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Spectacular beginningTCG4lifeDined on 2/8/2014We chose the Capital Grille in Cincinnati because we have been to their restaurants all over the country from Las Vegas to Orlando. It is one of our favorite places to eat. Danielle O'Rourke was our server and she was phenomenal. She was attentive without being overbearing, she was talkative but didn't dominate our interaction, she was the Mary Poppins of servers, practically perfect in every way. Our meal was coursed so that we didn't feel rushed and didn't feel as though we were waiting for hours either. She offered excellent suggestions and was spot on with her desert recommendations which frankly is the best part of the dinner. It was a wonderful evening and the food was fantastic!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special OccasionOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/8/2014Too pricey for everyday dining. Good food, excellent service, lots of extra touches, free valet but out of most people's price range.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not impressedJColVIPDined on 2/8/2014I have eaten at Capitol Grills in Atlanta and DC, but not recently. I thought the food this time was way over-priced for the quality. I had sea bass which was tasteless except for the sauce. My wife's filet mignon was good, but did not knock your socks off. The lobster mac' and cheese had only 2 pieces of lobster, though the macaroni was tasty. I was unimpressed with the service- when we sat down, I told the waitress that I did not want a whole bottle of wine due to driving. I ended up sharing a half-bottle (way over-priced) with my wife, only finding out later that there was a separate menu for wines by the glass that was not offered to us. I also found out (too late) that we could request food preparations not on the menu.
- Lovely dinner!OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 2/7/2014On our recent visit we had a great time! It was hard to choose which entree to have. We settled on the strip. We chose the fries and sautéed spinach as well. All were delicious. Dessert was the coconut cream tart and it was amazing! Would definitely go back.the service was flawless as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wowlindaVIPDined on 2/7/2014We celebrated our 32nd anniversary in the bar with Dani. She is by far the best bar server in the city. She remembers names, favorite drinks and food choices. She is so friendly with patrons and other staff, just a pleasure to watch her and her team work behind the bar (Ahmed and and co worker). The manager, assistant Manager and a server (Alex) who served us last time we were there, all came by and spoke with us. We were given roses and a picture of the evening to remember it by. The service and their attention to details made it a very enjoyable and special evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Birtday CelebrarationHershDined on 2/5/2014Wonderful evening. Arranged a surprise birthday celebration with friends for my wife. The service, food and celebratory participation by the staff made the evening just that much more special. A remarkably enjoyable evening was had by all. Five Stars, indeed!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great EveningErinDined on 2/1/2014We had a great evening at Capital Grille. Our server, Ariell was superb, knowledgeable and really took awesome care of us. We ate at one of the Capital Grille locations in New York City and this evening was better than NYC! The food was exceptional and we had a wonderful evening. Highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very PleasedMarkVIPDined on 2/1/2014Our steaks were excellent and the au grain potatoes as a side dish were absolutely delicious. Service was very friendly and attentive. A bit pricey but we expected that. Overall, a very good dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The fresh West coast oystersDonaldVIPDined on 1/29/2014The fresh West coast oysters were delicious. The fried calamari quite good, but I would preferred it with out the peppers. The steak tough and grisly--most of the 24 oz of it--at $44. The side of cream corn okay, and the wild mushrooms too greasy. For a dinner of $125 including tip, it was a very expensive mediocre meal. The service was excellent!Special Features:
- This was my third visit toVisitorVIPDined on 1/27/2014This was my third visit to Capital Grille and I would say that the service and attention is not what it was when you first opened, which I think is not a good recipe for success. It seemed you brought in your highly experienced servers for the opening and they left less experienced people in their places. The food was very good but the first two times I came it was excellent. I loved Capital Grille the first two times, so I hope you go back to how you started.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We had an enjoyable meal withlindaVIPDined on 1/26/2014We had an enjoyable meal with outstanding service provided by Alex and the rest of the staff. It was sad to not see our favorite bartender in the city - Danielle, but she somehow left word on our favorite drinks and that we love shrimp cocktail. It was a very nice touch and we will be returning for the service and the food was also very good. I was very surprised to receive a call the next day thanking us for our visit. Very nice!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Food, Wonderful ServiceNorwoodGalDined on 1/26/2014I couldn't have asked for a better experience. The service was outstanding, with many little touches that distinguish this restaurant from others. The food was well-prepared and well worth the price. We will be going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our ServerOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/25/2014As you probably know by now, we had an amazing server. It was Brayton (not sure how you spell it). We had a great dinner and he made it even more enjoyable. Chatting with him and his service just made the evening a great night out. This was our first time at any Capital Grille's and we will definitely come back again.Special Features:
- WONDERFUL BIRTHDAYmeeshDined on 1/25/2014I would highly recommend this restaurant. It was a lovely evening for my birthday. The staff went out of their way decorating my table with confetti before I arrive and handing me a long stemmed rose when I came in the door. One of my friends had an emergency at the end of the dinner and the staff rallied to get us out of the restaurant fast--even having my car warmed up before I got in on that cold January night. I would highly recommend the restaurant and Jody my server was great!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/25/2014We had my birthday dinner here & the staff was awesome! I got a card & rose the minute I walked into the restaurant. The table was decorated for my birthday & our waiter (Drew - who was the best!) gave us each a free glass of champagne. They treated me like a rock star. Not only was the service the best I ever received in the Cincy area, but the food was amazing. We both got the filet & they were cooked to perfection. We will definitely eat here again & again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceptional food and serviceToddLDined on 1/18/2014First class service and exceptional food round out an amazing dining experience. The Porcini Rubbed Delmonico steak is the best steak I have ever eaten. Also try the prosciutto wrapped mozzarella appetizer. Amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food and BradinLadyDiDined on 1/15/2014This is my 2nd time since you opened. Not only is the food first class, but Bradin is th eone that makes me want to come back. He truly truly knows how to serve a customer. Dont get rid of him!Special Features:
- More attention to detail please.TemsDined on 1/15/2014Having been impressed once at the Capital Grille, we treated 4 friends to dinner on a special occasion. Not so good this time. Server appeared hurried; attention to detail was lacking. How do you forget to give a person a wine glass to participate in the bottle of wine; forget to give the same person a knife for the steak; and forget to give the same person implements to conquer the king crab? Especially when that person was known to be paying the tab. How can you forget to deliver the evening's cocktails until reminded? How can only one plate out of six be delivered to the correct person? Only other comment is that the semi-circle table was very intimate, but the menus are way too big for that table and difficult to view.
- Good food but I have had better.OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 1/14/2014Good food but I have had better. I ordered the kona coffee rubbed steak medium rare. It was good but not overly flavorful. Before our entree we ordered some appetizers which consisted of Calamari, and proscutto wrapped cheese. The calamari was not very good as the batter was very dense which became soggy while we consumed it. The proscutto wrapped cheese was outstanding.Special Features:
- Our new favorite steak housesoutherngirlVIPDined on 1/11/2014Our new favorite steak house in Cincinnati! This is our 3rd visit and the quality of the food has been consistently excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great meal and serviceDisappointedVIPDined on 1/11/2014This was our third time to dine at this restaurant. The first time we visited, we were not thrilled with the experience. The manager was aware of our concerns and told us that if we returned, they would make it up to us. That certainly happened last Saturday evening. The server (Braden) was fantastic, and the food matched. Our steaks were cooked perfectly and the soup/salad/sides were delicious. We dine at the local steakhouses (Morton's, Jeff Ruby's, Eddie Merlot's Ruth's Chris) with some regularity. Our experience last Saturday night put Capital Grille at the top of our favorites.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great exdceptcomment server saidgoldyDined on 1/11/2014I was there with my husband for his birthday on Sat. Jan 11th and my daughter for a nice dinner. Our server greeted us and said to me "Nice to see you again" (which was fine ) but then she proceeded to say " werrn't you here for your anniversary recently?"and then proceeded to insiste she saw me there for an anniversayr dinner????? I said "No" I had been there earlier that month with my BOSS for business lunch NOT AN ANNIVERSARY and my husband did touble take and looked at me funny? Reily, who sais that in front of your husband and child???? That put a damper on oour whole evening and for the price we paid It will be a while before we will be retruning and my colleages agree as well. Lisa PutnamSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and they comped our wineechostarVIPDined on 1/10/2014We decided last minute to go to Capital Grille and made our reservation 30 minutes before the time we wanted to eat. We arrived and got in immediately. We had 2 different versions of Filet Mignon. One was topped with crab and the other was not. They were done perfectly and very tasty. We also ordered a bottle of wine that my partner was not thrilled with, but we felt bad not accepting it and so we did anyways. Later the manager came over and gave us a bottle of wine that we liked much better and then comped it on the check. We were thrilled! That's great service that I've never gotten before. We will definitely go back to Capital!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- As a steakhouse should beDiamondjbhVIPDined on 1/10/2014I have eaten at 4 or 5 of the Capital Grille properties and they have all been wonderful Consistent food quality (excellent) with great service. Desserts are very good also. EnjoySpecial Features:
- Not worth itBen11Dined on 1/4/2014We found the service lagging and although it's a pretty place it is terribly over priced for the service we got.Special Features:
- Great service and great foodLovinglifeDined on 1/2/2014The food was awesome and the service exceeded expectations. They were attentive and wanted to ensure we were pleased with everything. From the hostess to the server to the manager everyone was great. I will definitely dine here again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We had a great dinner. ThankOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/2/2014We had a great dinner. Thank you to Josh Peyton and the other managers for making sure our night was special.Special Features:
- Disappointing ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/31/2013My wife and I went on New Years Eve. I am glad we had a gift certificate as I would not be happy to pay the full price for our experience. Our server was very nice and easy to talk with, but the service was very slow. The food was average at best and does not come close to comparing to the other better known steak houses in Cincinnati. While the serving sizes were more than ample, the food was lacking flavor. Not good steaks at all. My advice is simply that if you want an excellent dining experience, you are better served going to the other better known steak houses in Cincinnati. The prices are the same, but the food is so much better! We will not go back to the Capital Grille.
- Except for ValetNRDEPRVIPDined on 12/31/2013Great dining experience on New Years Eve, ruined by the fact that the valet service backed my car onto another car causing significant damage to both of them. Certainly put a damper on the evening and on the overall dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Atmosphere and MenuKYRestaurantLoverDined on 12/31/2013The atmosphere at this restaurant was incredibly intimate. We greatly enjoyed the feel of the restaurant though we did have trouble reading our menus due to the low lighting. Overall, it had delicious food, very good service, and an energetic feel. IT's definitely on the pricier side, but no more so than a Jeff Ruby establishment.Special Features:
- Capital Grille - greatGwenDined on 12/28/2013This was the first time we went to the Capital Grille and I was not disappointing. It is a little pricey but it was well worth it. The food was fantastic and Chris our waiter took care of our every need. Will be going again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.