The Capital Grille - Cincinnati
3821 Edwards Road
Cincinnati, OH 45209Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
The Capital Grille - Cincinnati
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.thecapitalgrille.com/
- Phone: 5133510814x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30 am - 3:00 pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: David Himmelberger
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Wine
A word from The Capital Grille - Cincinnati
You are cordially invited to join us for an evening or afternoon of relaxed elegance and exceptional cuisine. Our impressive menu of nationally renowned dry aged steaks and the freshest of seafood will ignite your culinary imagination as our award-winning wine list of more than 3,000 bottles awakens your inner sommelier. And as our gracious, knowledgeable servers delight you with their uncanny ability to anticipate your every need, you"ll experience firsthand why the American Culinary Federation recently bestowed upon us their "Achievement of Excellence Award." Whether you"re celebrating a special occasion or hosting a business luncheon or dinner, we can help you flawlessly pull off any private dining event. Our event planning staff has extensive experience and the ideal materials to work with - a capital setting, distinctive food and unmatched service.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
The Capital Grille - Cincinnati - Best Restaurants in Cincinnati ›
The Capital Grille - Cincinnati reviews from OpenTable diners
179 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (153)notable wine list (125)romantic (95)fit for foodies (68)good for groups (37)neighborhood gem (30)vibrant bar scene (22)hot spot (16)great for lunch (13)great for outdoor dining (10)great for brunch (5)late-night find (3)kid-friendly (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- Great Night at The Capital GrilleMarcoDined on 5/3/2014We had a wonderful night at the Capital Grille. The service there is really excellent from the free valet Parking to the hostesses and our waiter Ariel was fantastic. We all had steaks that were delicious and perfectly cooked. I had the lobster bisque with big chunks of Lobster which was super good. Others had mozzarella and prosciutto appetizer which they raved about. The au gratin potato side dish was incredible. The food prices were comparable for this type of restaurant and more or less what we expected to pay. One downer was the wine list. It's hard to see a $30 bottle of wine listed at $120 and not feel it's a rip off. But other than that It was a really good experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Expensive but goodToxyLadyDined on 5/3/2014Food was good, but overpriced. Waiter very knowledgable to the point of knowing where the lettuce was grown (not quite, but almost). The food was good but not deserving of the price tag. Steak was good but not outstanding. Risotto cake with goat cheese not as good as I expected.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't skip desert!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/2/2014The food was amazing, service was a bit annoying. I understand they tried to be very attentive, but it seemed like we couldn't have a conversation without being interrupted. The servers seemed inconsiderate. He also messed the order up, making it that we didn't all eat out food together and forgot two items. He claimed he didn't hear us order the items. The cocunut cream pie is the most amazing deserts I have ever tried!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic!llm1968VIPDined on 4/29/2014From start to finish everything was top notch! You just don't get service like this anymore. They do it well here. Our server Braden was knowledgeable, professional and gave us a great experience. The Delmonico steak was amazing and cooked perfectly. The wine suggestion was spot on. Fantastic!Special Features:
- Wonderful Service for Our Grouphates2cookDined on 4/26/2014Our group of eight was delighted eating in the Board Room. Our servers were professional and our evening was seamless. One member of our group is gluten free and asked to speak to the chef. He came right out in the middle of a busy Saturday night. He answered all of her questions even brought out a special pasta dish for her. Everyone enjoyed their meals and our evening with old friends was memorable.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/26/2014Our server, Emily was outstanding. She made the dinning experience very enjoyable, helping us make selections of wine and explaining the entrees.Special Features:
- Our first time - very goodjzmcrideVIPDined on 4/26/2014We'd had drinks at Capital Grille before but this was our first time having dinner. The menu is typical steakhouse fare but the service was excellent. Loved the Stoli Doli. Appreciated the complimentary dessert b/c it was our anniversary. We'll be back.Special Features:
- Overpriced. Paying for serviceSanibelsweetieVIPDined on 4/25/2014Service is great. Personal touches like chef coming to the table is nice. However , both my husband and I got a Steak and were slightly disappointed. For the price we expected it to be as good as Embers or Ruby's but it was jusy okay. We did. Get a variety of sides and starters and that was all delicious, but we were not impressed with the steak. Overpriced for the taste.Special Features:
- Outstanding - great experience!WandererVIPDined on 4/20/2014We found ourselves in Cincinnati, wanting to find somewhere special for dinner to celebrate a significant anniversary ... except it was Easter Sunday, so Cincinnati offered very few choices. Thanks to OT we got to try Capital Grille. We've been to many fine establishments around the world, but this experience really impressed us. From the great wine selection (no, they didn't try to guide us to the most expensive bottles), to the outstanding, melt in your mouth steaks, to the attentive and engaging, but not overbearing, serving and wait staff ... Capital Grille impressed us and checked all our boxes!! Then, just when we thought they had done all they could, they surprised us again ... exceeding all expectations. Thanks and bravo!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FABULOUS DINING EXPERIENCEweekenderjhlDined on 4/20/2014We have been here before and love everything about it. The quality of the food was stupendous. Hot food hot, cold food cold. Presentation was very nice. Our bartender & server were so friendly, courteous and professional. So much so that we commented after leaving that we wished more restaurants trained their staff so well. Yes, the prices are higher than some restaurants but the quality of everything you receive is beyond compare. Our server brought us a sample of there coffee pack to take home when I asked what brand it was. Our leftovers were packed in "eco-green" containers. And a manager called the next day to see about our experience. If you want a meal like most places in Cinti go elsewhere. This is excellence in dining!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OUSTANDING SERVICEjam14Dined on 4/14/2014We received the most outstanding service we have ever had from a restaurant! Our server, Ann, was so knowledgable and attentive. The Chef took the time to come and meet us and wish our daughter a Happy Birthday and even prepared a special little treat for us! They certainly made her birthday very special!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always specialWicksVIPDined on 4/12/2014Great food, big city vibe but easy to park. Service is always outstanding (ask for Maggie). The entire staff wants to please you.Special Features:
- Great date nightGotasitterDined on 4/12/2014The food was fantastic and it was the best service I've had at a restaurant in a long time! Drew was excellent! We will go again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cocktails are strong & delicious;doereenVIPDined on 4/12/2014Cocktails are strong & delicious; great wine. Our server Maggie was pleasant and professional. I love how friendly everyone is--from the moment you walk in the door, the staff make you feel welcome and seem genuinely gad we're there. Steaks were wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Strong First ImpressionOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/8/2014Very nice, upscale eatery. Service was excellent. Went for lunch and was very impressed. They have a type of beef that they use, its aged and very tender which makes the meat very tasty. I was there for lunch and just had a burger, but it was delcious. My only negative is that it cost $19 for a burger. 3 stars for value.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dine Here!RianBVIPDined on 4/6/2014The service we received at Capital Grille was absolutely outstanding. My sister is a vegetarian, so obviously had a difficult time finding something to eat at a steakhouse. Chef David came out before making my sister a dish to speak with her about what she liked and made a custom dish for just her. She LOVED it! He came out after to check and see if she liked it. Our waitress Ann was spectacular as well. They sincerely cared about our experience, and followed up with a phone call the next day to make sure we had a great visit to their restaurant. The service and food was perfect. Dine here!Special Features:
- Superb!KimbeeDined on 4/5/2014Delicious meal and outstanding service. I was glad to find both here. Try the demonic I. It is a small portion bone in ribeye. Truffle fries...YUM! Valet for free.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CapitalRodgerDined on 4/3/2014Everything was excellent. One thing that appears evident is that the people working there have been trained well and it shows.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentLauraVIPDined on 4/1/2014We had an excellent meal and experience at Capital Grille. The porterhouse steak perfectly done. And, Wow, the mashed potatoes were the best we had ever had, hands down. Our server, Marzina, was friendly and very professional. The Lobster Mac and Cheese is sinfully delicious. The Crab and Lobster cakes were exceptional and you could see large pieces of Lobster in the cake. I would order this appetizer again. The staff was so professional in every way all down to the valet service. Marzina had our car brought up to front door and our 'doggie bags' taken out to our car. I also received a phone call the next morning following up with us inquiring about our experience the night before, a very professional and lovely touch. Very well done!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service was exceptionalPhilVIPDined on 3/30/2014Ive been to all of the other steakhouses in Cincinnati. The steaks and other food was very good as expected, but I was happily surprised how good the service was and the attention we received from the entire staff. Not only did the manager make it a point to check on our table to make sure everything was excellent, I received a followup phone call from the restaurant the next morning checking up on our experience making sure we were pleased with everything. They are obviously trying to raise the bar in excellent service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but disappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 3/29/2014The prosciutto wrapped mozzarella and spinach salad were delicious. Side dishes did not disappoint but steak not great, especially for the price. I would prefer ruby's or Ruth's Chris any day. I would maybe go back to try a fish dish. Overall disappointed for the money.
- Not Worth Your CashUnimpressedVIPDined on 3/29/2014If I had paid $60 for meal, I would be writing a more positive review. However, given that the bill for my night out with my huband was $170 (with one drink each and 20% tip), I can only say that Capital Grille is simply not worth the price. My server was friendly enough, but we asked her to make suggestions for our dinner, and what she suggested was just okay (I would have expected for her to recommend the BEST things on the menu, so I can only imagine how disappointed we would have been if we would have just picked any random thing). The best thing I consumed that night was a glass of wine I could have gotten anywhere. We usually go to a Jeff Ruby's restaurant or to Ember's for a nice night out, and we will be going BACK to those!Special Features:
- Great Dining ExperienceCedLampDined on 3/26/2014The servers were awesome/top notch, and very attentive to us. Two things that really stood out: our glasses of water never got below half full, and the serves fold our napkins when someone momentarily left the table. That meant they were always watching our table and ready to provide our dining needs. A marketing thought, find a way to distinguish your name from just being a Grille because Cincinnati is filled with bar and grill restaurants. Again, just a thought if business ever gets slow. A theme needs to be associated with the Capital Grille that would differentiate it from any other affiliation of restaurants with grills. Nice room to walk around – aisle way room, and amazing demeanor. I will most definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Way too expensive for whatOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 3/22/2014Way too expensive for what it is. Everything was good, steaks, prosciutto app, creamed corn, but nothing was a wow. Our bill was $250 and just not justifiable.
- great time meeting familylindaVIPDined on 3/21/2014great time meeting family at the bar. The service is always great! Thanks Danielle, Ashley and Ahmed. Good food and very nice atmosphere with all the windows open.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Client ResturantGreyVIPDined on 3/19/2014Top notch. Service was great and the food was tip top. I would highly suggest if you want to have a client dinner, this would a great place for it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Slow kitchen, but great foodLop2kiDined on 3/15/2014We love the food and service at Capital Grille. Unfortunately on this weekend night the kitchen was VERY slow. It took so long to get food that our son fell asleep. We will definitely be back, but will hope for a shorter wait.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!NKYFoodieDined on 3/15/2014From the moment you leave your vehicle with the complimentary valet, the stage is set for a memorable evening. We were greeted at the door with big welcoming smiles and were promptly seated. The restaurant is decorated beautifully. We have dined at several Capital Grille locations and this is by far the best design in my opinion. Our table service was provided by Ariell and I cannot say enough about her. She obviously loves her job and it shows. You should ask for her when you stop in next time. The food was excellent and the pace of delivery was impeccable. Wines? No worries, you won't be disappointed. Simply stunning! We have a new contender for Best in Town!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I would not recomment Capital GrillJudyVIPDined on 3/15/2014Food was fair at best, but very expensive. Everything is a la carte. Simple filet was more than forty dollars, no salad, potato or vegetable. Makes the Precinct look inexpensive. Precinct has the best steaks in Cincinnati. The lobster bisque had plenty of lobster, but the soup was thick and not tasty. Filet was very good, the mashed potatoes were sticky. My husband ordered two scotches. Each was twenty dollars for a Dewars. Service was very good.
- Birthday CelebrationAMC1VIPDined on 3/15/2014My mom and I went to Capital Grille to celebrate her birthday and she truly enjoyed the experience. The table was decorated with birthday confetti, which made it festive. The service was amazing by all the staff. The food was delicious. Capital Grille is definitely our restaurant of choice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- As always the service andlindaVIPDined on 3/15/2014As always the service and attention of the staff was outstanding. They make you feel like a VIP and they remember what like including having a shrimp cocktail ready for our party. Christopher was very friendly and took great care of our dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Grandma's BirthdayXmanDined on 3/12/2014Grandma wanted a steak dinner for her 92nd birthday. You can't do better than Capital Grille. Fourteen people all served exceptionally well. Table decorations, group photo, flowers, decorated desert plate, birthday candle... They knew we were coming and they did it right! And grandma finished her entire steak, and side dishes! Only question for grandma, how do we top this next year...?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food. Amazing serviceStar5Dined on 3/11/2014Great food. Amazing service from Dan. Best steak! Awesome citrus salmon.Special Features:
- harried waitstaff or just shortresearchfoodieDined on 3/8/2014This was our first experience at Capital Grille so I don't know what "normal" is for this restaurant concept or if our experience was a function of this specific location. We were seated for at least 5 minutes before our server addressed our table, and then, just to say he would be with us shortly. He was clearly running behind and it was only 6:50pm. While speaking with us, our server was knowledgeable and gracious. But once he left our table it was impossible to get his (or anyone's) attention...to ask for more water (there seemed to be no one checking water glasses), and after dinner was served (by a runner?) - my husband was short a fork...and it took (no kidding) 10 minutes before we we able to (too subtly) flag down our server.Special Features:
- Great experience, BUT ...CincyDined on 3/8/2014We had a wonderful evening with friends at Capital Grille, until we were gathering to leave and realized that not ONE of us had received our unfinished items that we requested be packaged up for us to take home. This included partial entrees and partial sides that we were not able to finish. Once we had paid our bills, our wait person was nowhere to be found to ask about this. Oh well, no leftovers for us, and maybe no return visit to Capital Grille for us either. Sadly, this seems to be a recurring theme in today's restaurants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Wonderful Night...dgleasonDined on 3/8/2014First time dining at Capital Grille and we were very impressed. Our server was outstanding! He walked us through the entire menu and steered us in the right direction. The calamari appetizer was fantastic. My wife doesn't even like calamari and we both couldn't stop eating it. The salads were excellent and very good portions. Our server suggested the steaks and we were very pleased with the choices. Coconut cream pie for dessert was out of this world! I didn't think there would be another restaraunt in town that would give Ruby's some competition but this place is going to make it tough on them. I would give a slight edge to Ruby's steak but everything else; from service to the rest of the meal; is much better at Capital Grille.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful dinnner!allenVIPDined on 3/8/2014Our party of 7 were there for my aunt's birthday. We had a private room (surprise!) and wonderful service from Broadus. Each course was better than the one before!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time hereDatenightDined on 3/6/2014And I will be back. The steak was very good, the service was excellent. The waiter really knew his stuff and we had a brief visit from the manager. For what you get in total, the price was reasonable (about $75.00 per person all in). The portions were very generous, but food like this re-heats well.Special Features:
- Good for entertainingdinerVIPDined on 3/4/2014We entertained Japanese guests. The steaks were done properly and taste was excellent. The portions are large and nothing available under 10 oz. Salads were also large so we split them. Our server recommended good wine and was helpful and cordial throughout the evening.
- Steaks and SteaksCinciDined on 2/28/2014First time dining at Capital Grille. In a nutshell- a very pleasant experience. Dry aged steak was very good, however Ruby can still kill the cow and cook it better. Cold seafood (Shirmp cocktail) as an appetizer was very nice - fresh, good sized shrimp. Mushrooms as a side with the steak were really well done, very flavorful, not overcooked and a good portion. The atmosphere was very pleasant. Our server Ryan was very attentive to all needs. I spilled my glass of port accompanying my creme brulee and it was immediately replaced, no questions and no charge. Overall a very nice evening and i would definitely return.Special Features: