The Capital Grille - Cincinnati
3821 Edwards Road
Cincinnati, OH 45209Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
The Capital Grille - Cincinnati
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.thecapitalgrille.com/
- Phone: 5133510814x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30 am - 3:00 pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: David Himmelberger
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Wine
A word from The Capital Grille - Cincinnati
You are cordially invited to join us for an evening or afternoon of relaxed elegance and exceptional cuisine. Our impressive menu of nationally renowned dry aged steaks and the freshest of seafood will ignite your culinary imagination as our award-winning wine list of more than 3,000 bottles awakens your inner sommelier. And as our gracious, knowledgeable servers delight you with their uncanny ability to anticipate your every need, you"ll experience firsthand why the American Culinary Federation recently bestowed upon us their "Achievement of Excellence Award." Whether you"re celebrating a special occasion or hosting a business luncheon or dinner, we can help you flawlessly pull off any private dining event. Our event planning staff has extensive experience and the ideal materials to work with - a capital setting, distinctive food and unmatched service.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
The Capital Grille - Cincinnati - Best Restaurants in Cincinnati ›
The Capital Grille - Cincinnati reviews from OpenTable diners
180 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (153)notable wine list (126)romantic (95)fit for foodies (69)good for groups (38)neighborhood gem (31)vibrant bar scene (23)hot spot (16)great for lunch (13)great for outdoor dining (11)great for brunch (5)late-night find (3)kid-friendly (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- Elegant fairiliadDined on 7/29/2014This restaurant is excellent. the medallions of beef we had were superb and the lobster bisque was unique in that it had actual lumps of lobster in it, cocktails and wine were just right. The service could not have been better. Jason our waiter showed complete attention to our needs and made excellent recommendations to guide our selections.The restaurant is also grat at confirming reservations and following up to ask how you enjoyed your occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great DinnerLunchGuyDined on 7/27/2014First time to Capital Grille for dinner and enjoyed it very much. I had the Kona bone-in sirloin which was cooked perfectly and was very good, but think next time I'll stick to a steak without a sauce. As I said, was very good, but prefer my steak without a sauce. My wife had the bone-in filet and said it was the best steak she has ever had. The au gratin potatoes were also excellent and as the online menu says, not to be missed. Good service, nice ambience. Will definitely go back.Special Features:
- ExceptionalCG1loverDined on 7/26/2014It was an amazing experience. Dinner was fabulous. Our server, Ariell was positive, knowledgeable and efficient. Everyone is happy you chose CG. You are treated so well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 7/26/2014Entrees were perfectly prepared -- Filet Oscar and Porcini-rubbed Delmonico. Service was outstanding. Personal greeting by Managing Partner was a nice touch.
- Great timeGoGreenDined on 7/26/2014Our second time here service was excellent Bone in steak special was a little fatty and grissel. My steak was fabulous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodSunshineDined on 7/26/2014This was our first time eating here. The food was exceptional. The service was good. We would definitely come back even for appetizers and drinks as the food was delicious and fresh.Special Features:
- Very memorable evening!foodie2VIPDined on 7/25/2014The staff at Capital Grille make you feel welcome from the valet to hostess to server. We celebrated my birthday with friends but did not inform the restaurant. Our friendly and attentive server, Julie A, just happened to see a gift my friend brought me and asked about it. She not only really went out of her way to make me feel special but included my husband and our friends with all types of surprises. The Generous Pour wine special is an excellent value and the wines were delicious. We all had steaks (filet and Delmonico) which were cooked to perfection. I highly recommend Capital Grille! We cannot wait to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ConMDined on 7/25/2014Price of meal too high for quality of food. Rather dine at Ruth's ChrisSpecial Features:
- Steaks were disappointing.DisappointedDined on 7/25/2014The server & table location were excellent. We enjoyed the wine sampling and the soup/salad was quite good. We were disappointed for our 2nd consecutive trip by the steaks. My wife ordered the filet medium and it came out cooked at 3 different temperatures across the filet. One side well done, the middle was medium rare +, and the other side medium. I ordered the bone in filet special and ordered it medium rare plus telling them i'd like it closer to medium. The steak came out purple. The chef was very kind and offered to cook it more. The second time the steak came out medium on the outside, and still close to rare by the bone. On the 3rd attempt, the steak was medium well on 2/3 of the steak due to the multiple attempts on the same steak.Special Features:
- Great experienceCinciFoodieVIPDined on 7/25/2014This was our first time here and everything surpassed our expectations! Great service, amazing food and great ambiance for our anniversary. Thank you Jayna and the entire staff!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Capital GrillTracyDined on 7/25/2014This is one of the finest restaurants that my husband and I have ever eaten at. The service is spectacular and makes the experience top notch. Try this place for a delicious meal-the best steak around! fine dessert- the coconut cream pie is the bomb! and some of the finest coffee to finish the evening with. You won't be sorry!Special Features:
- LovelychoosyladyDined on 7/25/2014For our anniversary dinner, we were greeted with a long-stem red rose, decorative red hearts strewn on our table, a congratulatory card from the restaurant, and free champagne toasts. The food was delicious--some of the best I've ever had--the service was attentive, but not overbearing, and not rushed at all. We felt like we could take our time and enjoy the ambiance of the evening. After dinner we were given a special anniversary dessert plate with the most delicious sweets I've ever tasted. It was a lovely evening--just lovely. The cost is not inexpensive, but for that special occasion it was well worth it.Special Features:
- Great Generous PourClaraandJimVIPDined on 7/24/2014We went with another couple for the Generous Pour and dinner. The guys ordered the Porcini Rubbed Delmonico and the women got the Filet Oscar. All 4 steaks were excellent (probably the best in this city), as were the 7 wines we tasted. This was our 3rd time at Capital Grille and, like before, the service was top notch.Special Features:
- Great for special occasiondandjDined on 7/23/2014We visited on my birthday, and they did several things to make it special, including a free dessert. The food was excellent and the steaks were cooked as requested. The wine flight (a summer promotion) was a fun way to try several wines (and they were all good) and was paced nicely with our courses. Service was excellent. The high prices would keep me from visiting often, but I'd return for a special occasion.Special Features:
- Expensive and goodchungclanVIPDined on 7/20/2014We went because we had a gift certificate, and we were pleasantly surprised. Food quality was consistently excellent, from bread basket and salted butter to tender steak and an excellent an excellent sea bass in tomato broth. Would definitely return for a special occasion or if we win the lottery.I would recommend this to a friend.
- CatsCatsDined on 7/20/2014The server was outstanding. The music was for dancing, not dining. Try Beebe Adair like the Restaurants on fourth had. Good jazz era sound without the interference in dining. This is a place for men to eat. Decor, food portions and all. The best was the service. We were placed in the path of servers, people in and when there was a room full of empty tables. This is the equivalent of sitting next to the kitchenSpecial Features:
- Excellent food and serviceMadFlavoristVIPDined on 7/20/2014Generous portions and excellent service -- worth every penny, but definitely for special occasions!! Food was excellent, artistically plated, and delicious. I don't think you can go wrong with anything on the menu. Wine list is extensive and overwhelming, but the staff is knowledgeable and able to answer ANY question you might have, as well as suggestions for pairings. You get what you pay for -- excellent food and joyful service! We will be back for sureSpecial Features:
- Just another steak placeGlenVIPDined on 7/19/2014Food was good but not spectacular. Decent service. Expensive. Nothing to differentiate itself from all the other high priced steak restaurants in town.
- Capital GrillAndrewDined on 7/19/2014It has a beautiful decor, nice valet parking, everyone was very friendly. We had a drink at the bar before dinner. Table was ready before we were so that was nice. We had a unique appetizer that was recommended by our waitress which was excellent. All the food was very good. Our waitress was maybe a little over the top in serving us, too much attention and too much talk about the food. We had a wonderful time, however, I find it over priced, especially the drinks! We spent $ 200 with tip for two meal and two drinks. Everything was Al La Carte.Special Features:
- ExcellentDatenightsrockDined on 7/19/2014Wonderful evening out. Service was superior, atmosphere was perfect, good was delightful. Can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great MealWilliamPeter1Dined on 7/19/2014Celebrating a 90th birthday we got the best service and outstanding food. The hostess greeted us asking who was celebrating....a card and confetti on the table and even a toy for our granddaughter to play with as she ate. It was a wonderful evening. I had the best steak I have ever eaten! The meal was well paced and the ambiance very warm and inviting.Special Features:
- Great wine and good selection.CoolCustomerDined on 7/18/2014Great wine and food selection. Food was done to customer request and chef did execellent job. Service was excellent. Great first experience here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Made Our Anniversary SpecialMauriceDined on 7/18/2014The perfect Anniversary Dinner •Service and food at Capital Grille always top notch. Yes you pay a little more, but the service is 5 star! •Waitress (Ariell Burrey) decorated our table with hearts and roses. Very nice touch and my wife was extremely impressed. •Complimentary glasses of champagne •Chef sent out complimentary appetizer sampler •We received an anniversary card from staff and photo of us to commensurate the evening •Great steaks and drinks •5 long stem roses left on dashboard of car Just an overall great experience and made us feel special the entire evening. Always great food and service! Celebrate your day here!Special Features:
- Lives up to its reputationSeanODined on 7/18/2014I have dined at Capital Grill in other cities but it had been a few years. This restaurant lived up to its standards. Wine flight was excellent although I am generally not a fan of Savignon Blanc and should have asked them to skip that course. Clam chowder was as good as I have had outside of the east coast and my wife thought the French Onion soup was delicious. Shrimp appetizer and prosciutto mozzarella appetizer was delicious. Kobe steak was one of the best that I ever had. Others in my party had other cuts of steak and they raved about it as well. All of the desserts were phenomenal but I suggest sharing as the portions are huge. We brought home a couple doggy bags.Special Features:
- Did not disappointDessyDined on 7/18/2014Three of us had a great lunch at the Capital Grille. Our waiter, Drew, was attentive and knowledgeable. Food was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love it, but priceyTruefoodiesnobDined on 7/17/2014Had such a nice time there, that I went 2ce in 1 week. I brought a friend for a belated birthday treat. However, I will not be going as frequently because it is quite pricey even if you are trying to eat light. I was attracted to the "generous pour" a promotion of wine tastings with generous pours for $25 & wonderful selections. I also love the lobster crab cake which I had as my entree even though it is offered as an appetizer. That along with a wonderful Caesar Salad and the "generous pour " promotion brought bill to over 100 for 2.no coffee, no dessert. I have to tell you the bread basket is wonderful. Service was good, usually better but our server was burdened with a large table at the same time.Special Features:
- foodwcDined on 7/17/2014The restaurant is beautiful. The calamari was the best. The tuna was not the best. The service was almost too attentive.Special Features:
- pattDined on 7/15/2014The lobster bisque was so full of huge pieces of lobster that we could not believe it. The food was delicious and the ambiance was great but I would like to be seated the next time in the room adjacent to the bar which was really lovely looking.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent, but really?DpappVIPDined on 7/15/2014Everything was excellent -- food, service, wine list. But $300? Really? There are a lot of other equally great restaurants in Cincinnati, and some are half this price.Special Features:
- AnniversaryHisAngelDined on 7/12/2014My boyfriend and I had the greatest time. It was so romantic which made it feel very special to us. We plan on coming back in the near future. We have made this one of our top 5 anniversary places.Special Features:
- Excellent Service...OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 7/12/2014The service we received is what really made our dining experience stand out. The food overall did not blow us away, although I must say the Lobster Mac N' Cheese was fabulous. Otherwise, I can't really say anything too remarkable about the filet and delmonico steaks we ordered.Special Features:
- Happily surprisedTLC22Dined on 7/11/2014I had read negative reviews but with a $100 coupon in hand I figured what could I lose. It turned out to be very good. The bread was soft and tasty, the salads were excellent and the main course, mushroom encrusted steak for me and salmon for my wife were both excellent. And the roasted asparagus was the best I've ever had with crunchy tips and tender stems. I know it sounds odd but I'd go back just for them. The server was a little chatty for our tastes and next time I would order the balsamic reduction that came with the steak on the side but all in all a very pleasant dining experience.Special Features:
- Excellent food and serviceJNF1VIPDined on 7/10/2014some othe local steak places have the attitude that you are the one privileged to come there but not Capital Grill They have great food as well as great beef but their service is tops and they really care you are thereSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- happyfellaDined on 7/7/2014It exceeded our expectations. The service was 1st class and the steak was terrific. Our server, Ahmed, was flawless.Special Features:
- Husband's Birthday DinnerbtimestwoDined on 7/5/2014I made our reservation on open table and noted that it was a birthday celebration for my husband. When we arrived, there was confetti on the table for him. We received fantastic service and were pleased with how attentive our waiter was. He made it feel like an absolute celebration. The food was reminiscent of Carlo and Johnny, fabulous steaks, beautiful presentation and service. We had a nice dessert with "happy birthday" stenciled in chocolate on the plate, what a nice touch. The details were very much appreciated. Will highly recommend for anyone wanting a romantic dinner out.Special Features:
- Wonderful eveningallenVIPDined on 7/3/2014We celebrated my parents' 66th anniversary. Our server, Sue, was very kind and gracious and went out of her way to make the evening special!Special Features:
- Pricey but greatniceguyDined on 7/1/2014Our second time here and this time we made it a special occasion for our anniversary. We were treated wonderfully and the food was just as excellent as the first time. The waiter was a wealth of information about the wine list and perfectly matched our tastes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service and Great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/30/2014Excellent experience, the porterhouse was flavorful and the service was great, they even brought us a lamb chop for each of us to taste... awesome!Special Features:
- Great eveningemd21Dined on 6/30/2014The food was excellent and the service was outstanding. Very enjoyable evening.Special Features:
- Great steakhouse!Ribeye1218Dined on 6/30/2014We have loved The Capital Grille for years in Philadelphia, and when we moved to Cincinnati last year we were thrilled to see this one being built. It has not disappointed, and we have eaten there many times, always with great satisfaction. The Capital Grille consistently remains our favorite steakhouse, even after trying all of the other others. The combination of the great food (the bone in filet is fabulous), professional service and great ambience make it our first choice for all celebrations and special occasions - and even some random occasions when we just want a fantastic meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.