PARK Restaurant & Bar
59 JFK St.
Cambridge, MA 02138Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
PARK Restaurant & Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.parkcambridge.com/
- Phone: 6174919851x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday 5:00pm - 12:00am
Dinner: Friday & Saturday 5:00pm - 1:00am
Brunch: Sunday: 10:00am - 4:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Mark Goldberg
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Park's private room is the ideal setting to gather with friends, co-workers or family, for parties, meetings, celebrations and more. With special dinner and cocktail menus available, Park's management will work with its kitchen and bar staff to build a memorable event to suit both your needs and your budget.
- Private Party Contact: Mickie Tumbry 6174919851x
- Cross Street: Between Winthrop & Eliot
- Public Transit: Harvard Square Redline T stop within walking distance as well as several bus routes that empty into Harvard Square
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: Ample on street parking, Harvard Square Parking Garage directly above the restaurant. Free Parking after 5PM in the Harvard Square Parking Garage Sunday through Wednesday with the purchase of 2 dinner entrees.
A word from PARK Restaurant & Bar
Located in Harvard Square, PARK is a modern neighborhood restaurant/bar designed to suit today’s drinking and dining needs. A place to grab a quick after-work drink or bite, enjoy a leisurely dinner, linger over cocktails, or spend an entire night, PARK offers a variety of experiences that will feel unique depending on which of the four distinct spaces you’re seated. With an eclectic design aesthetic, PARK is stocked with rousing conversation pieces that range from counter-culture artwork from the 1960s to antique book-lined shelves and a trophy case brimming with myriad oddities. Not to be outdone, Executive Chef Mark Goldberg brings a spirited sense of interpretation to PARK’s New American menu of homey classics, which are served alongside an internationally-inspired collection of craft cocktails, beer and wine.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
PARK Restaurant & Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
112 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
vibrant bar scene (51)fit for foodies (45)good for groups (41)neighborhood gem (38)hot spot (35)romantic (23)special occasion (22)late-night find (21)notable wine list (11)great for brunch (10)great for lunch (4)great for outdoor dining (3)kid-friendly (2)scenic view (2)Show More
- AwesomeAllisonDined on 1/24/2014Terrific atmosphere, excellent service, delicious food, and no wait with our reservation!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 1/24/2014We enjoyed our dinner at Park and will be back. Our server was attentive, helpful and answered our menu questions. We will be back to try more.Special Features:
- cosy table by the fireplaceDinesoutDined on 1/23/2014We liked the reception staff and our waiter. It was a bit odd that our salad and appetizer arrived before our cocktails, but we chalked it up to the waiter knowing we had to make a theatre curtain.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good for After-Work SnackSouthShoreFoodie3Dined on 1/23/2014Went here with a coworker right after work and were seated right away. It definitely got a lot busier as we ate. We tried the tasting of toast, which was kind of fun but I don't think we would get it again. Wasn't much for the price. I had the Salt and Pepper Shrimp, which were definitely enough for a meal for me. Delicious and a bit spicy. She had the Crispy Mussels, which were very tasty but there were A LOT of them, and it got too monotonous. Would be better to share those among 3 or 4 people as the appetizer. I also had the Confit Duck Leg, but that was definitely too much food on top of the shrimp. Both were tasty but I was full post-shrimp. I think next time we would try the puffy furniture seating area instead of the pub.Special Features:
- Nice spot for a business meetingRun02139Dined on 1/22/2014I hosted a five-person dinner meeting. The reservation allowed us to be seated in a corner booth, and we were able to have a nice conversation over a good meal. The service was much better than expected and I'd return based on that!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Must Go For BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 1/19/2014My wife and I recently went to Park for brunch. We were very impressed with our service and food. Excellent brunch menu and best part is you can book a reservation for brunch (which is hard to do in Boston). Highly recommend Park for brunch and we'll definetly be heading back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- no meat pie!eee15Dined on 1/18/2014We enjoyed our meal very much although a few of us were dead set on getting the meat pie. They had run out! Sad!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome Cambridge eaterywinston77Dined on 1/18/2014There's no shortage of good restaurants and bars in Cambridge, but Park stands out even in that setting. Excellent menu, all our meals were cooked perfectly and totally delicious (that lobster dip is addictive). Also a standout bar/cocktail selection, and knowledgeable staff to match. Great food, great drinks, great service, check, check and check. Will certainly be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Everything great but the ManagerAnaNLDined on 1/17/2014I made a reservation for 5 people. Once we got there a few friends decided to join so we got a few chairs to add to our table and asked the waiter if we could get another table to accommodate our friends. The manager came to our table and was extremely rude. He said that the reservation was for 5 and that if we wanted another table we would have to put our name on the waiting list. I'm not disagreeing with him on what he said, but the way he said it was rude, completely unprofessional and uncalled for. The only reason we didn't leave immediately was because we were starving, but our other friends did leave to another bar.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Met with a small group ofNicolleDined on 1/17/2014Met with a small group of friends for a wonderful catch up evening.Special Features:
- Hit or Miss?SpatzDined on 1/11/2014We'd have to categorize our experience as "hit or miss". The beet app was great, the "crunchy" mussels were a disappointment. The mussels were touted by our server as being very, VERY lightly breaded and not at all greasy. When they came they looked as if friend in greasy tempura batter. Salmon, brisket, & steak were good (salmon = very good) but the sole missed the mark - bland fish, bland mushroom stuffing, bitter arugula, with sweet butternut squash...thumbs down. We left 1/s untouched and were never asked "were you happy with the dish?" Great atmosphere and the parking validation is a true attraction but all said we'd only go back for the free parking, drinks, and apps...maybe indulge in the salmon again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Park was fantastic as usualHSqdenizenDined on 1/10/2014Four of us had an early dinner at Park. As usual, every single dish from salads to sandwiches to entrees were outstanding. I have a particular love for the patty melt and the mixed green salad. The drinks - from mead to cocktails were excellent. Additionally, the warm, cozy ambiance and the excellent service has made Park a great addition to Harvard Square. It is now my "go to" meeting place for dinner or drinks with friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We had the sole and salmonMJ335Dined on 1/9/2014We had the sole and salmon entrees. Both were well prepared. The service was excellent.Special Features:
- Great for Date/Friend NightekimarqDined on 1/5/2014Dined at Park on a Sunday night with some old friends and was very satisfied with the experience. We were looking for a nice place to go that didn't feel stuffy--a place with entrees in the ~$20 range. Food was excellent--we started with a crab and lobster dip which may have been the best part of the meal. The entrees didn't disappoint either. I ordered one of the special meat pies. That evening it was filled with shredded pork shoulder, mushrooms, and white beans. My two friends both ordered the Lamb Osso Buco and were also pleased with the flavor and portion. Great beer, wine, and specialty cocktail menu. I got the Old Cuban. Since we were dining on Sunday we got 100% parking validation at Harvard Sq Garage. We'll return to Park.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of my favorite places!KrishnaDined on 1/3/2014I like to come here pretty frequently; the food, drinks and service are consistently excellent. It can get a little tough with a large group, but the staff is wonderfully accommodating when they can be.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing as usual.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/31/2013This was my second time at Park and I was the only person in our group of six that had been before. Food was outstanding and the staff have an impressive knowledge of the menu and drink menu/beer selection. This place is exceptional. The rest of my party talked about how great Park was for quite a while after we left.Special Features:
- NYE CelebrationsJanetBDined on 12/31/2013We came for dinner before a show on NYE. Food was great, service was fast. No issues even though it was going to be a busy night. Very enjoyable. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NYE/Anniversary dinnernuccsaysDined on 12/31/2013Everything from the food to the service was amazing- we made reservations a couple weeks in advance so when we arrived, we were seated right away. There aren't really "bad" tables here, though some are a little close together. No real complaints about this experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Get the Brisket and Bacon 3 ways!AvidDinnerVIPDined on 12/27/2013I have continuously heard great things about Park and it certainly did not disappoint. There was a group of 7 of us and each of us very much enjoyed the ambiance, knowledgable waitress, and food quality. We were told the Brisket was to die for, and it certainly was! Melted in your mouth. Also, if you are a bacon fan, you must get the bacon 3 ways (great for a party of 2 to split). Excellent cocktail and beer list. I would go back in a heartbeat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic ambience, great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/21/2013I've been meaning to try Park since discovering it last spring and being intrigued by the interior design. The ambience is very fun and unusual, with lots of different settings wrapped into 1 large restaurant. Each setting is cozy and very different from one another, so one can find a vantage point to suit the mood. Service was friendly, efficient, and friendly. The food, while not unusual or outstanding, was just fine and very tasty. One won't go away hungry, and will be inspired by the experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chef Mark is outstanding.MONGRESS1906Dined on 12/21/2013Chef Mark is outstanding. The fried mussels are not to be missed. Salmon cooked perfectly. Sole stuffed with mushrooms was another winner. Potatoes with bacon and scallions are sinful. Waitstaff extremely professional and courteous. Very cool vibe and cozy interior. Definitely recommend Park to anyone looking for a well priced, high quality meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pre Show dinnerRedLinerDined on 12/19/2013A group of six of us had dinner here before attending the Christmas Revels. All our meal choices were well prepared and presented. We had a great time and definitely would return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service, but food disappointspeanutbutterjellyfishDined on 12/18/2013We had a reservation for six people and we were led to a very nice large round booth right away. The location, atmosphere and decor are great. The staff was fantastic - very friendly and efficient and knew the menu well. The cocktail list looked promising, but we all ended up ordering wine or beer. The house made cheese and crackers were a nice start, but the food went downhill from there. Salmon was very bland. Steak (medium rare) was stringy and tough. Osso Bucco was greasy rather than rich. All vegetables accompanying the dishes were overcooked and underseasoned and either burnt or rubbery. I debated between 2 or 3 stars just because the staff was really lovely, but I can't justify 3 stars when the food was so off the mark.Special Features:
- Phenomenal food with exceptionalOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/13/2013Phenomenal food with exceptional service; wait staff had impressive knowledge of both food and drink components of the menu. Perfectly crafted cocktails. Delicious food. A Cambridge gem!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Business Meeting - Great DinnerHahvahdTourDined on 12/13/2013We had a great time at PARK. I asked for a booth where I could talk with my business colleagues and we got exactly what I asked for. We were put in a semi-quiet part of the restaurant on a busy Friday night. Service was outstanding. Thanks PARK!Special Features:
- A cold winter's night at ParkPhillyGirlVIPDined on 12/13/2013Park was recommended to us by a trusted source who knows and understands food. The energy of Park on a Friday evening is evident as you enter - a crowded bar thrumming with conversation. Our table was in a smaller room off the bar which made conversation possible. Great décor. The crispy mussels are unforgettable, lightly battered tempura style, and a portion that must be shared. You cannot go wrong with a meat pie that changes daily (had chicken) and the lamb osso buco was delicious. The room became very noisy as the evening wore on with a large party having been seated in the room, but somehow, on a winter's night, during the holidays, it was all part of the ambiance. We hope to return.Special Features:
- Delicious food and drinkOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/6/2013Park was a great place to take some friends I haven't seen in a while. We all love good food and drinks and that's what we experienced! On top of that, the service was phenomenal. My friend had ordered a drink that wasn't really to her liking, and our server noticed without any of us saying anything. He asked if she would prefer something else because he didn't want her to have a drink she didn't like.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A little rushedAfterworkDined on 12/5/2013Felt like the server was trying to turn the table a little too quickly, but the atmosphere was good. Will go back, but only to sit at the bar.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous AtmosphereKieraDined on 12/3/2013We sat in the bar/lounge area on the stuffed leather couches which was lovely. We had a relaxing night, we weren't rushed at all to finish our dinner, I think all in all, we stayed for 3 hours. The staff was lovely, the ambiance was cozy and relaxing and the food was good. We highly recommend it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great date-night spot!iceblueteaDined on 11/30/2013I really enjoyed my first experience here! The portions were huge though; for 2 people, an appetizer (half of which was taken home) + (most of) 2 entrees left absolutely no room for dessert. The lobster dip appetizer was really good as all the reviews stated, however, it is REALLY filling/rich, and the pita chips seem to be baked with oil. The grilled pork chops with pecans and asparagus was great (got it mainly to try the molasses-coffee sauce); a lot juicier than I expected. The bar steak was amazing; so tender and flavorful. It came with a mountain of sweet potato wedges, greens, and a block of butter glistening on top...NOT healthy at all. Besides the greasiness and too-big portion size, taste and experience both were great.Special Features:
- Laid-Back & DeliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/28/2013My boyfriend and I were looking for someplace cozy, delicious, and resonably priced to have a nice meal out on Thanksgiving. Park more than fit the bill. I'd been there for cocktails, late-night and it was hopping. For our dinner the menu was all-American enough to fit the bill for T-giving. We arrived for our 7:15 reservation and were promptly seated in the living-room like dining room. Our server was spectacular, and the food was nothing short of perfection. We had the confit chicken wings to start, I tried the Bar Steak and my boyfriend had the Patty Melt. We loved everything! We also had The Giant Killer and The Captain's Mistress as cocktails and both were expertly mixed and served. 5 stars for this great new Harvard Sq. Find.Special Features:
- ThanksgivingOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/28/2013Both of our meals were excellent - scallops and the sole. The waiter was very attentive, plus nice. It has a cozy atmosphere. We definitely would visit again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a nice spot for thanksgivinglelaDined on 11/28/2013the food is interesting (a bit too trendy in my opinion in attempting to not be trendy, if you know what i mean)..so non-adventurous diners beware, and with no children's menu, it is not kid friendly. my salmon was cooked perfectly. final thought: competent and comfortable, and reasonably priced (however not cheap).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great atmosphere!TarzanDined on 11/17/2013Cozy setting with old Harvard charm and good food. Reasonably priced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb Service, Great FoodLMagsDined on 11/16/2013I was super impressed with the cocktails and choice of wines. That only added to the great food selection - which was absolutely delicious. (Try the BACON 3-ways!!!) Our server was awesome, attentive and on top of things. The whole experience from hostess to dessert, exceeded my expectations. We were treated like we were special guests. Although I have been here before, it was the first time my friends dined here - we decided that night, that PARK will be on our list of places to frequent. Don't hesitate - GO THERE NOW!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Decadent Night OutKRT86Dined on 11/15/2013I went to Park with a friend for a ladies night out. We got a cozy table by the fireplace, and while the bar was hopping, we could still hear eachother talk! This place has deliciously interesting cocktails, and I think decadent food - I had scallops with bacon and polenta which just melted in your mouth. I also love the homemade crackers and cheese to start. We went all the way through to dessert - the apple upside-down cake and ice cream fit our meal perfectly.Special Features:
- Good food and (too) good serviceKMcWriterDined on 11/13/2013We arrived on time and were brought right to our table, where we were asked if we wanted still or sparkling water (on the house) and then provided a lengthy wine and beer list. The waiter reco'd a good beer for me. Then he proceeded to come back EVERY TWO MINUTES. "How were your first sips?" (hadn't had one yet) "How are your apps?" "How are your first bites?" "How are your next bites?" Honestly -- if the service were reversed, I'd complain, too, but I felt like my friend and I had no time to talk. Every time we started chatting, we were interrupted. Attentive service is great, but there's a balance, I think. Food was good.Special Features:
- Excellent service and good foodOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/13/2013The chocolate covered bacon was out of this world, and the meat pie of the day was also quite good. The restaurant really stands out on service though!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not as I remembered it but goodXavierVIPDined on 11/11/2013Went here two wks ago for a quick dinner with friends and I certainly remembered a more varied menu and though this time it felt pubby- it was good; nothing to write home about but well executed. Service was friendly as usual and their cocktails are the way I like them: stiff!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Three's a charmjsandVIPDined on 11/11/2013We were 3 couples having an early dinner on a Monday night before going to a film festival at the Brattle. This was our 3rd visit, but our friends' first and everyone raved about the meal. We shared sweet fried mussels, and I'm not a mussels fan. The beet salad for our gluten-free friend, was delicious, the brisket toast a real winner. 2 sole mains had not a drop left after the meal and the scallops were sweet and flavorful, but the polenta a little dry, the only complaint. The squash risotto was beautifully served in the squash & proclaimed a winner. Our server was very attentive, but not overly so, the assistant not clearing before anyone had finished, something I've noticed in restaurants recently. It's well-managed and comfortable!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.