Mount Vernon Inn Restaurant
3200 Mount Vernon Memorial Highway
Mount Vernon, VA 22309Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Mount Vernon Inn Restaurant
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.mountvernon.org/inn
- Phone: 7037800011x
- Hours of Operation:
Sundays only: 11:00am-7:00pm
Monday-Saturday: 11:00am - 3:30pm;
Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 8:30pm;
Friday and Saturday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
Happy Hour: Monday-Friday 4pm-8pm in Tavern Room
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Ryan Wallen
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Our Catering Department is in charge of booking all of our private events, including Weddings, Corporate Functions, Baby Showers, Promotion Ceremonies, etc. Many of our Saturdays during Wedding Season tend to booked with Weddings, closing the Restaurant for the public. For more information, call our main number: 703.780.0011.
- Cross Street: George Washington Memorial Parkway
- Public Transit: There is a Metro Bus stop at the corner of the crosswalk directly in front of the Restaurant. The Metro Bus stops at Huntington Metro, the end of the Yellow Line.
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: Parking is directly across the street on Route 235 North.
A word from Mount Vernon Inn Restaurant
The charming Mount Vernon Inn restaurant serves lunch daily and elegant candlelit dinners daily. The Inn offers six intimate dining rooms, two with fireplaces, all with colonial charm, costumed servers, and delicious regional and colonial cuisine.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Mount Vernon Inn Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
111 reviews since May 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (68)romantic (42)great for lunch (42)neighborhood gem (40)good for groups (28)scenic view (25)kid-friendly (23)fit for foodies (21)great for brunch (15)notable wine list (7)great for outdoor dining (6)hot spot (4)vibrant bar scene (3)late-night find (1)Show More
- The food was tremendous alongBrandonianDined on 8/19/2013The food was tremendous along with the overall experience. Gift shop closed at 5 and that's a problem for dinner crowds. I'd go back again and again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Impeccable serviceSmittyDined on 8/7/2013Most note able about the meal was the impeccable service. Food was outstanding. We splurged and had the tenderloin with crab meat. It was cooked to perfection. Based on an earlier review we tried the peanut soup as an appetizer. It was a delightful treat. Highly recommend it for the food and price, but it was the service that made it superb. Closes at 8 pm so get reservations and go early. Great for family meals and right next to the Washington attraction. Parking is not bad after 6 pm.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Would have been excellent, but.....historyloverDined on 8/7/2013Our lunch there was excellent. Dinner, however, was a bad experience. They did not ask if we wanted to sit in the bar. The restaurant was not crowded, so there was a choice of seating; but they placed us right beside the bar, so close that the patrons were literally bumping into our table by the end of our meal. They were so loud that we could not even enjoy the excellent food! Although we had ordered a glass of wine while we waited in the sitting room, we are only very occasional drinkers and do not ever enjoy a "vibrant" bar. I could see the diners in other rooms and envied them their experience - similar, I'm sure, to ours at lunch. Please ask your staff to ask if diners if they want to sit in the bar!Special Features:
- Simply okayAna86Dined on 8/5/2013The mgr was great but, the employees need to work on communication, dishes not properly cleaned, food looked great but tasted awful. What seems great to the eye is not the same for the taste. The chairs are too old & I felt as if I would break it & I weigh less then 145 lbs. Have the chef, have a separate utensil to taste test the food before giving to customers.Special Features:
- This was our first time eatingluv2eatoutDined on 8/2/2013This was our first time eating at the Mt Vernon Inn Restaurant. We previously attended a reception in the Tavern. Everything about this restaurant was outstanding. On the web site there is a basic menu which appealed to us but when we arrived we found an expanded menu which caters to all kinds of tastes. The service, food, ambiance was great. My wife had the duck and was one of the best she had ever had. She is very critical when it comes to duck being prepared perfectly and this was perfect. I had the turkey with stuffing and I almost could not finish the plate. Add to this the historical nature of this area and you have a fabulous dining experience that is not pricey. We plan to return soon. Highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food at Mt. Vernon Inn RestaurantDisappointedDined on 7/30/2013Mt. Vernon Inn Restaurant is always a beautiful place to dine and we've always been fairly pleased with the food served, however this time, both entrees ordered, that included grilled salmon with a sauce and turkey, tasted as if they were prepared a couple of days in advance, pulled out and microwaved. They were edible but lacked in taste and appearance. I would have to rate the food in today's world poor but in a larger sense, from a 17th. century perspective it may be considered very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Historic DayBarbaraDined on 7/24/2013We thoroughly enjoyed our dinner at Mt Vernon Inn.we had 2 kids with us who really had a wonderful time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our family appreciates thethankfulDined on 7/23/2013Our family appreciates the historical significance and beautiful atmosphere of Mt. Vernon Inn, and the food and wine are not only delicious, but beautifully presented. It is that special place where we can dress for dinner and yet feel relaxed. Maybe train a few children in good manners at the same time. Yes, Virginia, that is not only possible but still highly desirable!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We had been to the Inn previouslyOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/12/2013We had been to the Inn previously and had a reasonable experience, but the noise level during our dinner this evening was unbelievable!!!!! The food was just ok. We have never had such a bad experience at any restaurant in our lives.
- An automatic favoriteOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/11/2013I truly love it here. Obviously, it's a bit unique since it's at Mount Vernon itself, but it's fun and it adds to the charm. I'm a local, so I got a kick out of the tourists taking pictures of their menus and the wait staff in period dress. The food is fantastic, and the fried Brie is an absolute treat. I'm also in love with their mint juleps. The prices aren't bad in my opinion, and the staff is on top of their game. Week nights here are relatively quiet, so it's a pleasant place to go for a nice dinner in the middle of the week.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My wife got the duck and itOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/11/2013My wife got the duck and it was as the bes try we have ever had. I got the game meat pie and it was more like stew but good. I would go back for the duck it was th as t good.