River City Seafood and Grill
115 N Loop 1604 E
San Antonio, TX 78232Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
River City Seafood and Grill
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.rivercityseafoodandgrill.com/
- Phone: 2102336790
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 10:45 am - 4:00 pm
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00 pm -10:00 pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00 pm -11:00 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Charlie Coleman
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Delivery, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Caterings for any occasion
- Private Party Contact: Charlie Coleman 2102336790
- Entertainment: Jazz Music Friday and Saturday nights 7-9 pm
A word from River City Seafood and Grill
Casual dining seafood restaurant serving the highest quality seafood, steaks, and chicken in a warm, comfortable setting.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
River City Seafood and Grill - Best Restaurants in Stone Oak ›
River City Seafood and Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
25 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (13)great for lunch (12)neighborhood gem (10)kid-friendly (9)special occasion (7)fit for foodies (6)hot spot (2)notable wine list (2)late-night find (1)romantic (1)great for outdoor dining (1)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Great neighborhood find. TheNewlichtDined on 12/31/2013Great neighborhood find. The waiter was very pleasant and efficient, job well done. The artichoke appetizer was a hit with everyone at the table. We will definitely try again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent experiencemonkDined on 12/29/2013Nice, well prepared seafood dishes.. good waitress and good service.. kinda out of the way neightborhood location off quiet street... I questioned my "bowl" of gumbo saying that I ordered a " cup "... My waitress assured me that I got a cup.. that a bowl was a meal.. good overall experience..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousRiddickDined on 12/27/2013Food was amazing with no complaints from our table of 8. The service was a bit lacking we asked for a booster seat from our waitress three times and she never brought one along with asking for refills. The hush puppies and fried catfish are really good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Coming TogetherOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 12/23/2013Brought my fiance's family here to meet my family. Wonderful experience and everyone loved the food. Very extensive gluten free menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DrbackmanDined on 11/29/2013...and everything else. Charlie, the owner, always makes things great, Food and service very good and he always open to suggestions for those of us that need a gluten free menu. Try the Spicey Shrimp and Tasso pasta dish. Good stuff.Special Features:
- Great EateryOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/11/2013This is a very nice place to eat we were so amazed that our church group will use for the Annual Christmas DinnerSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Took my inlaws to dinnerMistoffoleVIPDined on 11/10/2013Needed a place with a good diverse menu of good tasting food with good service and got great food and great service! The spicy shrimp appetizer was crisp and tasty with just a hint of heat. Our entrees were flavorful and done to perfection. We had the chianti chicken, étouffée, spicy shrimp with Tasso, and strawberry salad. Bread was served hot and was yummy as well. Will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Place!LoveSteakDined on 11/2/2013We had a mix of seafood and non-seafood items and everyone enjoyed their meal. We had two adults, a teenager, and a child. Everyone was happy and would gladly go back. They also have an extensive gluten-free menu. Delicious food! The service was awesome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great find!mwkendall1Dined on 9/28/2013All of the food was excellent, we had the seafood platter, Calamari and Louisiana Shrimp. We liked the spiciness of the Louisiana shrimp the best! Butter, garlic, red pepper, pepericini pepper, and some jalepenos made for some great flavors but was not overly hot at all. If you like fried oysters, you should like these tasty morsels. I am a bit of an amateur gourmet chef and all the food met or exceeded my expectations! What is that word?? YUMMY! I would recommend reservations as the word is out about this place. We got there early and those without reservations had a 30 min wait before 6:30pm! Food came out fast and HOT! Great waitress ask to be seated in Kristens area!Special Features:
- first time diningfirst2dineDined on 9/25/2013Saw your restaurant as I was driving on access of 1604 & figured I would give it a try very soon. Was very pleased & plan to come back again. Food was delicious. I tried your fish tacos & they were very good. Wine list was impressive. Definitely plan to return again. Interested in your happy hour at the bar also. Will have to give that a try as well. Would certainly recommend your place to my friends & family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good dinnerTOMMURDined on 9/2/2013My wife and I ate here on Labor Day after hearing many compliments. I am not a fish eater but my wife is, so we went. The restaurant is very clean and clear of any clutter. Our waitress, Brittany was very professional and upbeat and knowledgeable on the menu. Our food was hot and very good. My wife had Rivercity salmon and I had Monterey chicken and we shared the fried pickles which had a nice light batter and flavor. We will return even though this is about a 30 minute drive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good, not greatDentonsmith55Dined on 8/27/2013River City Seafood Grill is a good place for a quick, casual meal. The service felt pretty rushed, we received our entrees just moments after our salads arrived. While the food was prepared fine, there really wasn't anything too memorable about it. This would be a good place to go after work for a quick, predictable seafood dinner at an affordable price but not a place I'd recommend for a client dinner or special occasion.
- Adequate choice for Stone Oak areawhd1Dined on 8/16/2013This place was above average in quality of food, but the noise level was really loud, and since this was a reunion dinner, that was a huge negative. Hard to find a non-noisy place anywhere these days.
- Cajun & Catfish ExcellenceBruceDined on 8/15/2013A definite New Orleans flavor and atmosphere. Best fried catfish in San Antonio. Crawfish, gumbo, et al worth the trip. The 5-7 Happy Hours prices on drinks and appetizers should not be missed either. The owner, Charlie Coleman, is fully involved and available.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sea Food that is FreshjosephDined on 8/5/2013We like the freshness of the seafood and the personal service that comes with it. The waitress was friendly and always ready to make our experience positive.
- River City SeafoodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/20/2013Enjoyed the food, have been back a second time already!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SA Place for good seafood123MeDined on 7/12/2013We were all very pleased with delicious food. I had the mahi mahi, and I must say it was very good. We had a group of seven, and all were satisfied with their selections. The only complaint from our group was the small size of shrimp in the shrimp scampi. We will go there again.Special Features:
- Great EveningShortyDined on 7/6/2013Food was exceptional, Great happy hour prices and great service! We had a group of 6 adults. Seated quickly and sever was quick and efficient.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fried OystersTexRobDined on 7/3/2013The fried oysters were perfect - nice and plump and not over-fried like at most restaurants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Owner very involved and friendly.BruceDined on 7/1/2013Owner very involved and friendly. Food excellent ... especially the fried catfish. Good selection of New Orleans traditionals. Waiters need more training ... lost one of four entrees causing delay. Would definitely go back for the food and atmosphere. Happy Hour prices on drinks and appetizers are worth trying.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CatfishJackieVIPDined on 6/30/2013We had the "all you can eat catfish" Sunday special. They give you so much on the first plate, you really don't have to ask for seconds. The catfish was lightly breaded, fresh. Best we have had in a long time. Waitstaff/front desk extremely friendly. Nice smiling faces.Special Features:
- Bad service. Foood was okRepeatcustomerDined on 6/30/2013Bad service. Foood was ok but did not live up to the prices. It was more like diner quality food. I won't return. Had to ask three times for ketchup for the kids' food. Drinks were not refilled and it wasn't busy In there.
- Good SeafoodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/28/2013Overall River City Seafood is a good restaurant. The food was good (we had the stuffed shrimp & grilled shrimp [gluten free]), the service was very good, and the prices were reasonable for seafood. The portions were just right & it was nice to have a starch and vegetables with the meal. We thought the drink prices were a bit high for the quantity - small martinis codt $8.50; most glasses of wine averaged $8. The host staff seemed a bit confused/overwhelmed with the list of people waiting for a table and those of us that had reservations - everything worked out and we were seated about 10 minutes after our reservation time. Not sure how long they've been in business, but I look forward to returning and trying some of their other dishes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This is our third time toOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/28/2013This is our third time to eat at River City Seafood and Grill. It's always consistent. It's nice to see they are now adding some blackboard specials to the menu, to make it a little fresher.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good StuffJo1JoDined on 6/28/2013The food was very good. The staff very attentive. Atmosphere fairly good. We most likely will go back. We live several miles away so it may not be often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.