52 East 41st Street
New York, NY 10017Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $50 and over
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.benjaminsteakhouse.com/
- Phone: 2122979177x
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Friday: 6:30am - 10:30am; Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30pm - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 10:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Arturo McLeod
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Counter Seating, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Please inquire for details.
A word from Benjamin Steakhouse
For serious steak-connoisseurs, Benjamin is a must visit. The restaurant, located in the heart of Manhattan, offers the finest and carefully selected prime USDA meat, dry aged to perfection. Wide selection of wines and vintages for pairing. The 5,000 square foot restaurant features a ten-foot working fireplace, rich chocolate brown leather seating, oak wood paneling, vaulted decorative ceiling, and modern brass amber toned chandeliers.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Benjamin Steakhouse reviews from OpenTable diners
121 reviews since June 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (53)notable wine list (42)good for groups (41)fit for foodies (37)romantic (21)neighborhood gem (18)great for lunch (16)hot spot (11)vibrant bar scene (8)late-night find (7)great for brunch (3)great for outdoor dining (2)kid-friendly (2)Show More
- Second Time and will come backBuffaloBillVIPDined on 3/19/2014Came in late on a Thursday night, after a short wait (the restaurant was packed even at 9:00 pm with more coming in after we left). The food was perfect, the service excellent, looking forward to coming back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Benjamin Continues to DeliverOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 3/13/2014I've been to Benjamin Steakhouse many times, but took my wife for the first time last night. From the moment she entered, she felt like a VIP - that's just the way they treat their guests. The manager Nick was amazing the way he made his way from table to table, making everyone feel special. The food was spot-on as always delivering fresh tasting, quality food. We split the tomato, bacon and onions with blue cheese to start, then moved on to steak for two with hash browns and mushrooms. Waiters were buzzing around as always to clear your plates, fill your water and attend to your every need. That said, we never felt rushed. Benjamin continues to deliver an impressive dining experience whether you're out with your spouse or hosting clients.Special Features:
- please stop calling meOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/13/2014I made reservation 5days before the reservation, They called me 3 times just to RE-confirm my reservation. it's too much.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nothing to write about.eddieDined on 3/9/2014Limited menu. Beef is good quality and taste. Service is just ok. Better options than benjamins for steakhouse.
- great steakhouse, witrh greatOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/9/2014great steakhouse, witrh great meat and friendly staffSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Crazy noisyGaryDined on 3/5/2014Had been here before and thought all round was terrific. This time we were sat in the upstairs balcony and the noise level was over the top, making it difficult to enjoy the food. Baby's to the left of us and tourists to the right, we felt as if we'd mistakenly stepped into a circus, albeit one that served terrific steak. The creamed spinach was a mush. I've had it before at Keen's and Lugers and know what to expect, but this was barely recognizable as food.
- Vibrant Business SceneWestportWillDined on 3/5/2014This is a steakhouse … no ifs, ands, or buts. And, it is a very, very good one. Given the choice of all the N.Y.C. steakhouses, I truly recommend the Benjamin. Not as well-known as its competitors, and not on a main thoroughfare (it is on 41st Street, off Madison Avenue), the Benjamin attracts a crown of knowledgeable carnivores. The service is outstanding, and attentive; their advice should be taken on choices of entrées. The food is plentiful and it is great-tasting. The wine list is extensive (but also has some very good buys). I heartily recommend the Benjamin Steakhouse.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very accommodatingAlitzapiaVIPDined on 3/5/2014Professional greet by the hostess, Great- attentive service, good food, ..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great steakJimRDined on 3/4/2014The menu is focused on the steak, as it should be, that is what you come here for. The staff is excellent, they are on-point and taking care of your needs during the entire dining experience. The restaurant is energetic and busy but at our table of 5, we could all hear and enjoy the dinner. We had steak for 4 plus a large rib-eye for the 5th person - fantastic. The sides were typical steakhouse fare, nothing spectacular.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Peter Luger move overOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 3/1/2014This well established consistently fabulous steakhouse Produces the finest steaks in New York. Service Is exemplary and then there's the steak. Did I mention the steak. Must try as this one will have you Dreaming about the next meal here. Cannot imagine How a steak could be any tastier. This place gets it Spot on!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor serviceSunilDined on 3/1/2014The person who greeted us at the front desk and who took our order was the maitre d or manager. i wasn't sure. he was very curt and extremely unpleasant. he did not make us feel welcome at all. it was as if we were intruding on his free time. The waiter who served our food seemed to be a pleasant fellow. The food itself was excellent though a bit overpriced. (expected for NYC). They were also cleaning the mirrors and wood paneling around us which certainly raises the dust level. They could have found a more opportune time to do this other than when customers are in the restaurant.Special Features:
- TerrificDennisDined on 2/27/2014Outstanding food and service. Four of our group of five had not been here and found the restaurant outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RetirementDaveVIPDined on 2/25/2014We went for a colleagues retirement dinner. We had an excellent steak once again, never disappoints.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- food acceptable, service NOT!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/22/2014Just go to another steakhouse - the food is decent here but the service rude and unprofessional - we were asked to leave since we were on the top floor and they wanted to close up but it was barely past 11 and they sat us there at 9PM. This is NY city on a saturday night!! Maybe thats why they had so few tables so "early" - the word is getting out that you can get just as good of a steak elsewhere and not be treated crappy! Striphouse, Spikes, Quality meats, S+W, - too many options to spend 500 on dinner for 4 where the service is pleasant and you can finish the evening in peace!!1
- We organized a surprise birthdayOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 2/20/2014We organized a surprise birthday party in there, the team handled it in a very professional and respectful way, leaving us space however making sure we got everything we needed. Outstanding experience for all of us.Special Features:
- Great Food- Shocking ServiceRob714Dined on 2/16/2014We went here during our visit from the UK, the food was great albeit a little bit on the expensive side, however the service was pitiful, $125 for a bottle of wine that you then have to pour yourself and a maître de that just took care of his friends, please don't waste your money here!!!Special Features:
- Cold in NYC in Feb-Hot at BenjaminfoodadvisorDined on 2/16/2014Great service and excellent meal overall! Wine suggested paired well and pace of service just right. Veggies were not "special" and lacked punch and were in essence the weak link in the meal. Would definitely like to visit again and give Ben's another try on my next trip to NYC.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent steakKevynDined on 2/15/2014Rib eye was incredible, noisy but good atmosphere, good for parties and groups rather than romantic dates but definitely worth a visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Regular spot.TapasVIPDined on 2/15/2014I have been to this place too many times. It never gets old and the steak only gets better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- If you like great steak, youMikeDined on 2/14/2014If you like great steak, you will enjoy Benjamin's Steakhouse. Food was excellent! The Mrs. enjoyed the wine as well, and even got uncharacteristically tipsy. Only issue was the delay in getting seated, despite having dinner reservations. However, it was Valentine's Day so I have to give them a pass. They also apologized frequently for the wait. Highly recommend Benjamins!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Valentine to Rememberjwal84Dined on 2/14/2014We're from Virginia and my wife wanted to do Valentine's in NYC. The ambiance was romantic, and she loved it! They offered her a fresh rose at the entrance. The walkway was lit appropriately with candlelight and it was dusted with red rose petals. Our table wasn't ready, but that's understandable on Valentine's Day. The service team was very supportive of each other, especially since our server seemed weeded. The suggested wine pairing for my wife's dinner was appropriate. The next time we're in the city we will be back.Special Features:
- DeliciousEricaDined on 2/12/2014Every Benjamin experience is a great one. The food is always excellent. Although it gets crowded and a bit loud in the evening, it's a hot spot and a must visit!Special Features:
- Very New YorkTalulahquitaDined on 2/10/2014It was a great night out! Loved every part of it, except our waiter was not friendly, seemed very stuffy and didn't offer up any info.. Other than that it was a perfect dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely and classicOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/8/2014Great food, Chilean sea bass was awesome and my hubby's Steak was excellent. Great wine list! Will definitely go back Again soon.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was exceptional, ourLARRYDined on 2/7/2014Food was exceptional, our waiter, Chris was a pure gem. Very pleasant, helpful with menu and made evening very enjoyable. Will refer restaurant to others. Thanks.I would recommend this to a friend.
- World classKentVIPDined on 2/6/2014One of the best steaks that I have ever eaten, and the service was as good as any I have had in my travels. The waiter was not only pleasant, he was very knowledgeable about the wine list (and not only the high end part). My wife and I had not just a wonderful meal, but a wonderful experience. We will be back.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Must eat hereMarkTDined on 2/4/2014Great place with top food and service. Excellent wines!! Can't wait to go again!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a great steak. As goodfoodforthoughtVIPDined on 2/3/2014Always a great steak. As good as Peter Luger's, right in midtown, and they take credit cards. If you've been a few times, the maître'd greets you like an old friend. Make sure you are on an expense account.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PerfectionCarolinaDined on 2/2/2014Best steaks ever and the staff are excellent. Very good service on both my visits-one night extremely busy and the other was slow due to Super Bowl but both times it was perfect. Will visit again when in NYC Or visit NYC so I can visit Benjamin's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Din dinAreneeDined on 2/1/2014I took my boyfriend for his birthday dinner. The ambience was romantic and the service was excellent. The raw oysters and shrimp cocktail were amazing. Not to mention the delicious porterhouse and onion rings, spinach and mashed potatoes! Not cheap, but we'll worth the $300 for 2.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomeShaunDined on 2/1/2014Seriously they have the best steak I've had so far.... Nice staff, who know what they are doing... Overall I had awesome experience ... I'd love to come back soon...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MEDICARE BIRTHDAY DINNERpanchiDined on 1/27/2014On January 28th I celebrated my 65th birthday.W ewere in New York for shows and pleasure and went to Benjamin's for dinner.Excellent service, lovely ambiance and fabulous food. Expensive but worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch - Yes, yes, yes!OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 1/27/2014Always great food and steaks... Entertained a client and he enjoyed it, even though he only ordered a grilled chicken sandwich. I had the ribeye and loved every bite. Great spot, good food and wavering serviceSpecial Features:
- Unfortunately disappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 1/26/2014Great atmosphere and service . Four of us had the steak for three as recommended by the waiter. It was plenty . Great crust but it was not the most tender of cuts. The sides were just adequate... Fries chips onion rings and creamed spinach. Ok but not great . Really nothing special but a nice night out anyway.
- Excellent Again !nyc2dineVIPDined on 1/25/2014Our group dined again last Saturday night at Benjiams Steakhouse. The service was EXcellent. Ask to be put in ( Ricky's) section. He has such great customer service skills, always friendly and warm. The steak is great and so is the crowd. We will be back again. Thanks for making it a memorable evening for all. Dawn ISpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!TobiDined on 1/24/2014Loved this restaurant. Steaks were outstanding. Service was exceptional from the Hosts to the wait staff. Great location.Special Features:
- Ribeye steak was not as goodbillbDined on 1/23/2014Ribeye steak was not as good as usual...more fatty and sinewy than normal although all of my guests thoroughly enjoyed their meals. Service was inconsistent and tables on each side of us that came later got served before us and both had the same amount of people and similar dishes. This was noted by all at our table. We also sat for at least 10 minutes when we were seated before a server came to our table. This was my 5th visit to Benjamins and I will return again but if the next time is the same result I'll go elsewhere in the future..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I love this restaurant. OneFeedmeVIPDined on 1/19/2014I love this restaurant. One of may favourites in NYC. Come hungry, leave satisifed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best steakhouse in the worldBobLovestoEatDined on 1/13/2014I travel all around the world and try every steakhouse I can. This is heaven in the mouth good. Along with quintessential NYC ambiance. The service is impeccable and I can't say enough about the wine list. If you are in the area, eat the best and leave the rest.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food is good. But there isGrw3623VIPDined on 1/13/2014Food is good. But there is something in the ambiance that does not feel elegant. Service does not help in that regard.