2001 4th Ave.
Seattle, WA 98121Neighborhood:
NorthwestPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://tomdouglas.com/index.php?page=dahlia-lounge
- Phone: 2066824142
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:30pm; Brunch Saturday and Sunday: 9am - 2:00pm, Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 5:00 - 9:00
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Northwest
- Executive Chef: Brock Johnson
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Our private dining room can seat anywhere from 10-50 people. Please contact the restaurant for more information.
- Private Party Contact: Mimi Khin 8887394990
- Special Events: The Dahlia hosts a number of events throughout the year including wine dinners, and other tasty, informative gatherings. Please check our website for a full listing of events at the Dahlia and our other restaurants. www.tomdouglas.com
A word from Dahlia Lounge
The finest Northwest cuisine with bold, adventurous preparations. Let Chef Brock Johnson and his talented kitchen crew bring their unique flavors to your table.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNorthwest
Dahlia Lounge - Best Restaurants in Downtown ›
Dahlia Lounge reviews from OpenTable diners
305 reviews since July 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (224)special occasion (179)romantic (117)neighborhood gem (88)notable wine list (54)good for groups (48)great for brunch (47)hot spot (47)great for lunch (45)late-night find (17)vibrant bar scene (16)kid-friendly (10)great for outdoor dining (3)Show More
- never fails...ILoveBaroloVIPDined on 9/24/2014This place is always yummy, a modest length menu suggesting the food is fresh, and an excellent kitchen. You can't go wrong.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Save room for doughnuts!sonya211Dined on 9/21/2014The interior of Dahlia Lounge is bright and beautiful. Prices are reasonable. I found the leafy greens pretty boring, basically it was just lettuce. I tried my husband's gnocchi appetizer and I thought, while the sauce was delicious, the gnocchi seemed tough. The crab cakes were full of crab meat and very tasty. I did not care for the mac salad that accompanied the dish. Highlight of the meal... the doughnuts, served warm, shaken in a paper bag with sugar, and served with mascarpone cheese and jam.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best DesertParkCityLocalVIPDined on 9/21/2014Order the signature coconut cake...the best part of the evening!!
- I expected more...ShanYoVIPDined on 9/21/2014The menu we saw online looked incredible and we were very excited! However when we arrived the menu was vastly different and not at all impressive. Service was good and the food we ordered was ok...Would probably try it again if I lived in the city but for a vacation special occasion it fell flat.Special Features:
- Tom Douglas is a masteroldschoolfoodieDined on 9/21/2014Of a great restaurant experience. The staff is friendly and professional, the food is always interesting, well prepared and delicious, the noise level is lively and you can still have a conversation without shouting. When you eat at a Tom Douglas restaurant, you feel like you're part of a cool, current and modern dining experience without being uber hip and annoying :-) Thank you, Tom and Tom's amazing staff!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Duck HashNew2seattleDined on 9/21/2014Everything was great! The Waitress was kind enough to make adjustments to our orderSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent brunch!OpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 9/21/2014Dahlia has a short but powerful menu for brunch, and the food excelled, as did the bloody mary! Don't skip the doughnuts to start, and then be prepared for excellent savory food.Special Features:
- Another Great Meal at Dahliaronin4kVIPDined on 9/21/2014This is our 4th time at Dahlia Lounge. As always, the food and service were great. We enjoy the ambience which is warm and inviting. The wait staff are extremely personable and attentive. The food is wonderful. We have been there for brunch and dinner and the quality of the food is terrific. One of the best Bloody Mary's in town also. I would highly recommend this Tom Douglas Restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcitingCyndyBDined on 9/20/2014From the moment we walked in, we could tell it would be special. A hip staff, warm-lit & lively atmosphere, and comfy seating (lots of booths & banquettes) added up wonderful. Oh yeah, the food! First, a very nice wine list and interesting cocktails (try the Sands of Oaxaca or Sparkling Violet Drop) created anticipation. Starters & entrees--all made with local ingredients--included unusual flavor and texture combinations. We said "I've never thought of merging these tastes," but they were exactly right. If you've 'been there, done that' with most menus, you won't be bored here!Special Features:
- Delightful Dahlia BrunchBikeBruncherDined on 9/20/2014The Dahlia Lounge continues to deliver outstanding food, service and value, so that explains why it's been around for more than twenty years. We enjoyed a business brunch that was outstanding - a nice variety within a focused menu resulted in a little something for everybody. Shrimp Cobb salad, omelette with unforgettable smashed potato hashbrowns, Tibetan-style dumplings and Prosser Farm to table veggies. The house made sorbet and coconut cream with espresso finished the meal. Service was excellent and discreet, enabling our group to conduct biz while enjoying an excellent meal in a charming dining room.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappointsOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 9/19/2014Dahlia Lounge is my go to spot. Great NW food and nice ambience. Plenty of room in between tables for private conversation. Loved my crab cake creation. Can't leave without the triple coconut pie.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- InflationBonemanDined on 9/17/2014Back to celebrate with my son who is in town on business. The food, excellent, as always. Service, great. Same decor, very nice. The news says that there is no inflation.......well, they don't count food. I have always paid for quality, one of the reasons I come here. I just may have to come less often, need to save up for the next time. This is not a compliant, I'm just sayin'.Special Features:
- Delightful Dahlia LoungeLaura50VIPDined on 9/14/2014Every time I visit Seattle I come here for the crab cakes and coconut cream pie, and I am always so happy I did. The service is always excellent, love this place!Special Features:
- Great for a date.Food4MySoulDined on 9/13/2014The ambiance in Dahlias Lounge is dim and romantic. Would be a great place for a date. The food is good but nothing too spectacular. Our server was polite. Overall a nice experience but don't know if I would come back considering all the other great options.Special Features:
- Wonderful nightvaughn67Dined on 9/13/2014When I booked my reservation I mentioned that I would like a quiet table because it was our anniversary and that's exactly what we got. Plus a surprise a complimentary glass of Champaign and a small bite to start the evening off. What a lovely gesture it really made us feel special and I would definitely return for future special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a pleasure...katydidDined on 9/13/2014Four of us back to the Dahlia for birthday and anniversary celebrations, and looking forward to another round of their Manhattans! We frequently find ourselves reminiscing about the food there. Two in our party were hoping for the lamb (as shown on their online menu) but it had been taken off. But there were plenty of other wonderful choices. Our entrees of salmon, shrimp, and the iconic crab cakes and duck did not disappoint. Appetizers were the amazing potstickers (always have to get those!) and a luscious cheese/fig dish. The semisweet chocolate ice cream was heaven in a dish. We continue to find the food and service at the Dahlia top notch. It takes a lot to get us to go downtown for anything, so it has to be something special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodChillg8rDined on 9/11/2014I had the crab cakes and my wife had the halibut and both were excellent. I would highly recommend this place for a date night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Party in my Mouth!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/11/2014Ahhhhmazzing!! I made this reservation and really wondered if I was going to regret not going to Elliot's Oyster House because I always go there when I'm in Seattle. I'm very pleased to report that I was very impressed and didn't regret my decision! The food was incredible, i savoured every bite of the Sea Bar sampler! I highly recommend it and looks forward to having it next time I'm in Seattle! Felt like a party in the mouth! Great service, warm ambience! See you next time!Special Features:
- OveratedChristinaEggDined on 9/11/2014The ambiance was nice and the service was good, however the food only average. Not worth the high price tag.Special Features:
- Very good of its kindPDXPlatecleanerDined on 9/10/2014Pros: I felt very well treated as a solo diner: a comfortable seat with a measure of privacy but not hidden away. Staff members were gracious and thoughtful. The food was delicious. I would warn others that the famous coconut pie was a large piece and incredibly rich. I ate it for breakfast over the next three days. Cons: The price point is a little high for a Portlander like myself: The large crab cake was full of crab but the accompanying rice, macaroni and cucumber seemed pretty unimaginative/pedestrian (and, er, cheap?) for an entree priced like a full meal.Special Features:
- Great lunch spotMolemeatDined on 9/9/2014Always a terrific place for lunch as food is good and you can have a conversation without losing your voice. Calm and quiet for business and fundraising meetings. A rarity these days.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Better than a lot of BelltownMrCrowleyDined on 9/8/2014In this hipster neighborhood there are not a ton of nicer sit down places. This is an energetic scene with pretty good food. You can have a good meal and be in a lively but not grungy place. The wine list is not extensive but decent and the seafood we had was fresh - the appetizer sampler was the highlight. Nothing cutting edge or imaginative but well executed in a neighborhood that needs more of that.Special Features:
- Nice place. Outstanding?PatrickVIPDined on 9/8/2014Hadn't eaten here for about 6 years, and somehow it didn't live up to my memories. I had the duck. Was it me, or was it just sort of bland? Without the overly sweet sauce, it seemed to have no taste. And I couldn't eat the very tough and chewy greens that come with it. The steamed bun was totally empty calories with no taste to me. My partner's pork was fine, but kind of dry. The atmosphere and service were wonderful, but there just didn't seem to be anything special about the food.
- Loved itFairfaxStation6VIPDined on 9/7/2014We loved the emphasis on locally sourced food and drink. The server knew a lot about the menu and the place is very pretty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of my favorite restaurantstravelinggalVIPDined on 9/7/2014I was in Seattle on business and ate at the Dahlia Lounge twice - loved it. The food was interesting and delicious. I liked the ambiance and the service was great. I had been to this restaurant years ago and bought Tom Douglas' cookbook. I especially looked forward to the triple coconut cream pie - a real treat. Everyone who dined with me last week really enjoyed their food and were grateful that I had selected the Dahlia Lounge.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved every morselkandnfoodiesDined on 9/7/2014I had searched the internet before our trip to find interesting restaurants in Seattle that we could try during our visit to the city. As a foodie, I naturally read online menus and decided that we needed to make reservations for Dahlia Lounge to avoid disappointment on a busy night. Our experience exceeded our expectations. The service was attentive, presentation was terrific and the food was delicious. I'm still relishing the crab cakes. Because of our wonderful experience, we also checked out three other restaurants owned by Chef Tom Douglas: Ettas, Lola's and Serious Pie. We're still raving about our meals.Special Features:
- another great experienceDanielDined on 9/7/2014We chose Dahlia Lounge to celebrate our 12th Anniversary. We had our first date in Seattle at Dahlia Lounge and so it was an easy choice. The food and service were impeccable. We really felt well taken care of and the acknowledgment of our special occasion was sincere and our server was very attentive. He was also very knowledgeable of the ingredients and sources of the foods on the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/7/2014Extraordinary dishes from local sources were prepared expertly. It was a highlight of our Seattle visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PapaDined on 9/3/2014Halibut was wonderful as were the crab cakes. Good service. Wine seemed over priced. $62 for a $16 wine!Special Features:
- wonderful classicOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/2/2014I have only been to Dahlia Lounge twice in several years as live in Cleveland, but each time gets better. The ambiance is great, the service very professional and the food well prepared. The amuse bouche was an unexpected treat and delicious.Special Features:
- Delightful lunchCordeliaDined on 9/2/2014Try the crab cakes - replete with crab instead of filler.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not up to Tom Douglas standardsBultprfDined on 8/31/2014I frequent Lola, across the street from the Dahlia ( another Tom Douglas emporium) and have always been happy with everything. It was a special day for a friend and I so I thought a Sunday brunch would be a fun way to spend part of our weekend. Lola was booked, so I made reservations at Dahlia. We were on time, greeted warmly by the staff, seated and we ordered. The place was busy, but not filled. It took about 10 minutes for a server to show up with water, another 5 for the coffee - which we got only once! ordered the pork tenderloin benedicts. The server then brought steak knives to the table ...which I m glad he did. The pork benedicts were dry, overdone, poached eggs were hard and tasteless. I will never return.Special Features:
- pjreichlDined on 8/30/2014Service is knowledgeable, friendly, and efficient. Great selection of sea food. I am a beer snob. The list is short, but interesting. Server was able to speak in detail about the wine choices. Desserts are all made in house, and are outstanding. Quality of food is a good as anywhere i have eaten.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I could start with dessertFablokVIPDined on 8/30/2014I had a peach and blueberry tart for dessert, and would have been happy just with that. Someone else had coconut pie, which is a fabulous staple. Great halibut and excellent tomato salad. Decor seems a little dark and heavy for 2014.Special Features:
- Wonderful, as alwaysSeattleCaroleDined on 8/30/2014I work downtown so Dahlia Lounge is one of my favorites. However, this was my first time for brunch. It was outstanding. Food, service and ambience were all perfect. We will be back!Special Features:
- One of Seattle's Best!DedeMDined on 8/28/2014I hadn't been to Dahlia in years, but it was just as fantastic as I remembered. Incredible service, love the ambience and the Crab Cakes and the duck were both delicious! Couldn't resist ordering the coconut cream pie for dessert. A must for anyone who wants a perfect dessert experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First TimeJeffVIPDined on 8/26/2014We were visiting Seattle and were told to try Dahlia Lounge. Everything was great. The lighting was very nice and set the mood. The noise level made it very easy to converse, the service was great and our server explained the menu to help us. Our meals were both outstanding. We will be back on our next visit.Special Features:
- always goodTallEricVIPDined on 8/26/2014A Seattle classic, always great. Have eaten here many times, always excellent. If you have not heard to the Coconut Cream pie - run, do not walk, to Dahlia lounge to try itSpecial Features:
- MountainHawkDined on 8/24/2014Relaxing atmosphere, romantic, crab cakes excellent choice.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/24/2014We had a really wonderful meal at Dhalia Lounge. The food was outstanding especially the carrot ravioli.....delicious! The service was fantastic as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.