2001 4th Ave.
Seattle, WA 98121Neighborhood:
NorthwestPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://tomdouglas.com/index.php?page=dahlia-lounge
- Phone: 2066824142
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:30pm; Brunch Saturday and Sunday: 9am - 2:00pm, Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 5:00 - 9:00
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Northwest
- Executive Chef: Brock Johnson
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Our private dining room can seat anywhere from 10-50 people. Please contact the restaurant for more information.
- Private Party Contact: Mimi Khin 8887394990
- Special Events: The Dahlia hosts a number of events throughout the year including wine dinners, and other tasty, informative gatherings. Please check our website for a full listing of events at the Dahlia and our other restaurants. www.tomdouglas.com
A word from Dahlia Lounge
The finest Northwest cuisine with bold, adventurous preparations. Let Chef Brock Johnson and his talented kitchen crew bring their unique flavors to your table.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNorthwest
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Dahlia Lounge - Best Restaurants in Downtown ›
Dahlia Lounge reviews from OpenTable diners
273 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (179)special occasion (157)romantic (105)neighborhood gem (76)notable wine list (49)great for lunch (46)good for groups (45)great for brunch (40)hot spot (28)late-night find (19)kid-friendly (13)vibrant bar scene (12)great for outdoor dining (4)Show More
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/17/2014Dark. The food was average. Seemed like a chain restaurant. Seattle has many more and other fine restaurants, this was not one of them. The location is great though after a day of touring downtown
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/16/2014great food and service. A must visit when in SeattleSpecial Features:
- Food fine, service slowjimaloftDined on 8/14/2014Enjoyed a dinner with family visiting from out of town. Seated promptly around 6:30. droll orders taken promptly and drinks brought to table reasonably quickly. There was quite a while from ordering the meals till they were brought to table. Unsure why, since restaurant was not particularly crowded, but the company was pleasant and the conversation flowed. Two orders of duck were all right. Skin seemed more charred than crispy, duck was generally moist and a very substantial serving. Nothing outstanding, but a nice evening, albeit an expensive one.
- It just keeps getting better!JanSDined on 8/14/2014Few chefs have the skill to combine unusual and distinct flavors as the chef at Dahlia Lounge. My appetizer was incredible! Imported Greek feta, lightly cooked Bing cherries, shaved fennel and pistachios. Pure heaven! This was just one example from a very appealing menu. A very generous piece of Copper River salmon followed, also with interesting and satisfying, contrasting flavors. And of course we had to share a slice of the cocoanut cream pie! You can't eat like this every day, but what a wonderful way to occasionally splurge. And did I mention that the service was perfect and attentive to just the right degree?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Returning to the Dahlia LoungeTomBVIPDined on 8/11/2014On previous visits to the Dahlia Lounge, the food and the service have always been top notch. Tonight was no exception. Our server, Aaron, patiently answered our questions about the menu and made some recommendations which we followed. He was spot on with his suggestion of the special, an heirloom tomato salad. We enjoyed the hard smoked salmon and ahi tuna tartare Little Tastes from the Sea Bar. The Neah bay king salmon entrée reminded me how good the fish entrees are at the Dahlia Lounge. It was served with seasoned corn that was perfectly complemented by the sweetness blueberries. Speaking of blueberries, the blueberry tart we shared for dessert is not to be missed. I have recommended it to friends who have raved about it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great downtown dinner spotGotwineDined on 8/11/2014We drove into the city from Whidbey Island- specifically to have dinner at Dahlia Lounge. We spent considerable time on the appetizer/small plate side of the menu, then tried the Scallops entree. wow, everything was great! great service (not rushed, everything paced right), great food, great atmosphere. Our server kept track of my wife's allergies throughout the evening and made appropriate recommendations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodkaryannDined on 8/10/2014Best meal I had over my two week pacific west vacation. Noise level was the only negative; not as intimate as I would have liked.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not for VinophilesBlondie69Dined on 8/9/2014We ordered off the wine list, 2012 Walter Scott Pinot Noir, not a drinkable wine, closed with a promise of a drinkable wine in maybe 5 years. Yes we did drink half the bottle hoping it was opening up to present us with the promise it teased us with. With all of his wealth and influence it is a little known secret that Tom Douglas does not cellar any wine for his restaurants, and so you will never find a "find" at a Tom Douglas restaurant, they serve young, currently available wines and sometimes not ready to drink wines that they refuse to stand by. We will bring our own wine in the event we visit a TD restaurant again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Second time thereJamesDined on 8/8/2014This time the steak and potatoes were good but very salty and our waitress was all over the place almost giving our food to the table behind us, she seemed overwhelmed. Otherwise it was great and I'm sure we will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great findOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/8/2014Our fsvorite restaurant in Seattle on this trip. Great food. Great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect place 25th anniversarycelebrate25Dined on 8/5/2014We booked a dinner for our 25th anniversary on the recommendation of a relative. The Dahlia Lounge was a perfect place to enjoy a wonderful and memorable meal. The service was excellent. They brought us a complementary glass of champagne and the appetizers, meal and service was equally wonderful. It was a wonderful place and special evening. Thanks!Special Features:
- Tom Douglas' Crew Never Disappoint!DeliaDined on 8/5/2014as always, everything came together perfectly for our dinner. The staff attending to us were all lovely and gracious and knowledgeable! And the food very yummy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of Seattle's bestKommentsbyKateDined on 8/5/2014A friend and I have met for lunch here every year for decades. This week I had the Fried Chicken Chop Salad and it was unique with many interesting flavor combinations. I had a coconut macaroon and coffee for dessert. I like that I can get a little sweet at the end of my meal without the dollar and caloric expense of a $10 piece of cake, as yummy as DL's coconut cream cake is. Will be back next year if not before. Our services was provided an eager young man, quite intent that we were happy customers.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/3/2014The made-to-order donuts are amazing - a must have!Special Features:
- FRUIT FLIES!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/2/2014Food and service were awesome, however we had multiple small bugs flying around our table.
- loved itDenverericDined on 8/1/2014this place is great. loved everything about it. no problem in splitting an entree and they even gave us an extra scallop since we split the dish. good octopus appetizer, the bread salad is to die for, and the desserts are ridicSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- perfectly timed servicefotokarenDined on 7/30/2014I don't know if she was spying on our table, but the moment we were ready to order, there she was...looked like we had questions, there she was again. Only problem was she didn't stop by to ask how our food was...mine was over cooked duck, so I didn't eat much of it. My friend's crab cakes looked amazing, and the blackberry margaritas were tasty. The coconut creme pie crust was a bit chewy, but the rest of it quite yummy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BruinVIPDined on 7/29/2014Nice dinner in Seattle with a god selection of fresh oysters and wineSpecial Features:
- Another Great Experiencejetsetter52Dined on 7/29/2014Took customers to a fine meal at Dahlia's...Have been there several times when in Seattle. I have never been disappointed. Recommended as a fine dining experience, perfect for a business dinner or a romantic meal.Special Features:
- Nice North-western cuisinehunter222Dined on 7/29/2014we were seated on about 5:30.Since there were only a few customers,it was quiet then.We order crab cake,salmon,scallop,vegetarian dish.Crab cake may be their most popular dish,but its sauce was too salty.Salmon did the best job,it taste fresh and simple,like it!The rest were fine,had their average stander.I had to mention their dessert,which was so great.I forgot the exact name,it was a pudding.It was by no means a general pudding,it's very smooth and soft(hard to describe).The waitress was helpful and everything went well.It was a little bit expensive,but worth a try.Special Features:
- Anniversary DinnerAnyaDined on 7/29/2014My husband and I have been here before, but recently we went here on our anniversary dinner. It was the perfect choice. It was quiet, the food was amazing, and the service was great. (Dahlia has some of the best service I have ever had at a restaurant.) The menu is seasonal and the food is always so fresh. We shared a few bites of geoduck, and I had scallops that were perfectly done. If you are planning to have wine with your meal, know that their wine pairing suggestions have always been spot on. Dahlia is definitely a splurge restaurant in terms of price, but it is always worth it for us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Seattle FindJOLES2Dined on 7/27/2014This lovely restaurant was recommended as a great place and it lived up to its recommendation....and more! Would definitely return when we are back in the area. Thanks for a great memory!Special Features:
- Awesome donutsOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 7/26/2014The made to order donuts will change your life. Great drink specials, well balanced plates, fun small bites.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dahlia never disappointsShellieTDined on 7/26/2014The Dahlia Lounge's chopped chicken salad is one of the best dishes in Seattle (lunch menu). We love the classy décor here, the feeling of being tucked away somewhere--as it happens, in a little food paradise. Go Dahlia! It's our favorite Seattle place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent experience2CentDined on 7/25/2014Let me start by saying that the restaurant was extremely flexible with us. We ended up being over thirty minutes late for our reservation due to traffic. I called twice to inform them of my status, and we were immediately seated upon or arrival. By that time, we had 45 minutes to eat before we had to leave for the theater. I told our server our predicament, and he informed us there would be no issue further accommodating our tight schedule. He was right! Out appetizer was out almost immediately, and our entrees followed almost as soon as we were done with the app. When we ordered, we informed him of our desire to share each other's order (duck and halibut). To our surprise, they pre-split our order. The food, the service--was great!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just fabulous!ehpammy88Dined on 7/24/2014We originally went to find the Dahlia Bakery after seeing it on Unique Sweets and was pleasantly surprised to see there was a restaurant as well! Both places were fabulous! And the Triple Coconut Cream Pie was definitely worth the trip for!! Yum.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Now a Gluten Free MenusonnyVIPDined on 7/24/2014Dahlia is very close to where we live and likely touted, but I've never felt comfortable eating there because they didn't have a gluten free menu. Now they do and they have some excellent gluten free choices.Special Features:
- bring back the three martini lunchrustyDined on 7/24/2014I first ate at Dahlia Lounge a couple of decades ago in the prior location; actually haven't been across the street until this lunch (Dahlia moved about the same time I left Seattle...). All I remember and more. The pardon peppers made me imagine I could like melons, and the Tibetan platter was homey and unusual all at one. My burger was, sadly, a bit more than medium, but the fries and aioli more than compensated. The only thing to say about the coconut cream pie is EAT NOW!Special Features:
- Best Meal in SeattleOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/21/2014We plan all our vacations around eating awesome local food and this was head and shoulders above any of the comparably-priced meals we had in Seattle. Will definitely come back to visit the city just for this experience.Special Features:
- Delicious mealEnjoysgoodeatsDined on 7/20/2014The halibut was one of the best pieces of fish I've ever had. I also loved the bread salad and the donuts for dessert. I definitely recommend this place. It's a bit pricey but well worth it.Special Features:
- Fabulous dinner!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/17/2014This is the first Tom Douglas restaurant I have been to, and it lived up to its recommendation. The food was very fresh and the flavors and combinations were interesting and delicious. Everything was cooked perfectly! The table was ready at our reservation time, and the servers were helpful and attentive.Special Features:
- Exceeded expectations!OpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 7/17/2014This restaurant lives up to its reputation! The staff is eager to please and the food is superb. So glad we had the opportunity to include this on our visit to Seattle.Special Features:
- Our Seattle Gem!AngelaDined on 7/16/2014Delicious food, absolutely THE freshest fish we've ever had! Kyle was our server and we had a wonderful experience overall. You must save room for the homemade donuts from Dahlia Bakery!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great night!CelebrationDined on 7/16/2014My long-time clients sold their business last month and we celebrated at Dahlia Lounge. It was fabulous - a perfect place for a special celebration! The service was excellent and the menu diverse and divine!Special Features:
- DisappointingNOLAinATLVIPDined on 7/14/2014This place is way past its prime and the only real highlight of the meal was the Shrimp/Scallion Potsticker. Too many places to go in Seattle that are much better.
- Excellent service and foodevieDined on 7/14/2014We have a 2 year old and a 10 month old with us. We were out for whole day and were wearing really casual. Thought it might be a problem with the outfit and kids, as we were the only guests with little kids. However, the staffs were really friendly, and they even had kids menu. The food was excellent. Even my son's pasta with cheese tastes excellent.Special Features:
- Food excellent, service was poor.Trixie123VIPDined on 7/12/2014My husband and I have wonderful memories of the rib eye steak from the Dhalia Lounge - but sadly, that's no longer on the menu. We took my parents the next time around. The food was still very good and the ambiance was lovely as always. Our server wasn't spectacular. I jokingly pointed out that it was a bit silly to list the oysters on the half shell on the menu at $3 ea/$18 half doz. and I guess I offended her, or perhaps she didn't understand but she was very rude after that to us - I certainly wouldn't choose her again. I would go back to this restaurant, perhaps more for the good memories of fun times and good food, but certainly not for the service.Special Features:
- Great dining, but not too lateSeattlefoodieDined on 7/11/2014Dahlia Lounge is my top pick for a really nice dining experience in Seattle, but my recent Friday night experience leaves me reminding myself this is not NY, but Go-to-bed-at a-sensible-Seattle.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our anniversary choicesusieqDined on 7/11/2014We celebrated our 5th anniversary here. We were wished a Happy Anniversary upon our arrival and given a corner booth. The server was very patient with our indecision and helpful with recommendations. We considered having just plate after plate of the excellent green salad, but decided, with so many delicious offerings, to have an actual dinner. Although my halibut was cooked slightly more than I would have liked, my husband's steak was perfectly cooked. Everything else was excellent. If we could afford it, we would eat here far more often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our service was very slowTomGDined on 7/8/2014At a time when the restaurant was almost empty, our server was almost invisibleI would recommend this to a friend.