Lark Creek Newport Beach
957 Newport Center Drive
Newport Beach, CA 92660Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Lark Creek Newport Beach
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.larkcreeknb.com/
- Phone: 9496406700x
- Hours of Operation:
M-F Lunch: 11:30am-2:00pm
Sat & Sun Brunch: 11:30am-2:00pm
Sunday-Thursday Dinner: 5pm-9pm
Friday & Sat Dinner: 5pm-10pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Ryan Pitt & Andrew Guardado
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Contact us about your catering needs.
- Private Party Facilities: We can accommodate groups of up to 40 for cocktail receptions and 34 seated diners in our private dining room. Larger groups can be accommodated by utilizing the adjacent semi-private room, and the entire restaurant can be reserved. The private dining room features a separate sound system, dedicated video, wifi and video conferencing capabilities. Contact us for more information.
- Private Party Contact: Chad Sisco 9496406700x
- Special Events: Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for additional information.
A word from Lark Creek Newport Beach
Lark Creek Newport Beach, Lark Creek Restaurant Group's first Southern California restaurant, is located at Fashion Island. The restaurant offers diners seasonal, sustainable farm-fresh cuisine, perfect for the coastal lifestyle, and a sophisticated bar program with artisanal cocktails, craft beer, and an exceptional wine list.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Lark Creek Newport Beach reviews from OpenTable diners
43 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (17)great for lunch (16)fit for foodies (15)neighborhood gem (14)notable wine list (7)good for groups (6)vibrant bar scene (6)special occasion (3)hot spot (3)late-night find (2)romantic (2)great for brunch (1)scenic view (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Loving it!ShelleyVIPDined on 3/18/2014This is a great restaurant. My husband and I go once a week on our date night. It's also our kids favorite too. It's the best Cesar salad I've ever had. The mushroom tart is outstanding. It's all so good. Check it out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just MissesIanMDined on 3/16/2014Nothing really wrong here-the restaurant is expensive, but that is to be expected in Newport Beach; food is of good quality without justifying rave reviews; setting is attractive, service professional. I wouldn't discourage anyone from trying this place because there is nothing wrong with it, but I can't quite enthuse either.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Almost perfectBirthdayDined on 3/12/2014This was a birthday celebration for me. Got off to bad start as the bartender //server chose to argue with me about the wine. She also made an indirect insulting comment about my attitude. The manager, Richard, turned things around and went out of his way to compensate for the start. The hostess Alley was lovely. The calamari was fantastic and I know as this is one of my favorite foods. We loved the March special with half priced bottles. Glad the month isn't over so good chance we'll go back.
- Lark Creek NewportRonaDined on 3/8/2014Lark Creek is a nice change from some of the other up-scale restaurants in the area. The inside dining shares the beautiful outside patio. Seating is comfy whether sitting in a booth or table. The food variety is wonderful; from gourmet burgers to delicious salads the choices are delectable. The wheat country bread with sea-salted butter is a nice start. The bar menu is creative and tasty as well as the wine & beer choices. I was very impressed with the professional staff. Very nice change of pace. Bon Appetite!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice place; paying for the locationFirsttimerDined on 3/1/2014Went for restaurant week and had the $20 prix fixe. Nice ambience and NOT noisy...A big plus for me. Food was good and service was attentive but not intrusive...again another plus. I wouldn't seek out this restaurant again necessarily but then again I wouldn't avoid it either. All around, it's worth a try if you're looking for something relatively quiet and with good menu offerings.Special Features:
- Everything is a bit... differentLikeToEatOutVIPDined on 2/28/2014This was our second time at this restaurant. Both times we had great service - our waiter was prompt and courteous, and the support staff was always on the lookout for any dirty dishes/half-empty water glasses etc. But the food... the restaurant is looking to be different, and in some cases it works, and in some it doesn't. So some dishes are really good, and the others are less so. Also, interestingly enough I personally have a hard time finding items I like on their menu, which hasn't been a problem anywhere else. Maybe my/our palate is not for this place??? The decor is pretty, the outside fireplace area is fun. MIght take friends there, not sure if we will go back with so many other restaurant options in the area.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful!EpicureanVIPDined on 2/27/2014Absolutely love all of the dishes we have tried at this spot. Very nice service as well!
- Ambience and service wereOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/26/2014Ambience and service were great. Pork sandwich I had disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Divine InterventionsmorselmarvelDined on 2/25/2014Bradley Ogden still resonates with top talent after twenty-five years of never disappointing. How he can keep his attention to detail so sharp and so very deliciously consistent in locations far and wide is really quite astounding. The fried chicken and waffles was terrific and exceeds any other attempts at tapping this favored pairing. Stunning tender chicken with just perfect "mahogany" crispy skins. To take the small half waffle to another golden plane was remarkably inspired. The apple and mixed greens salad with blue cheese and a delightfully light vinaigrette was yet another fine combination. More than looking forward to returning here as well to the new launch of the Malibu Pier location soon to open.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Meal was disappointingFoodie90630VIPDined on 2/24/2014This was my third visit. Previous visits were good experiences. This time my meal was very disappointing. I took advantage of the OC Restaurant Week. This was a mistake. First, the good news. The service was excellent. I can’t say the same for my meal. The butternut soup was served at room temperature. The Mahi Mahi dish had an off putting aroma. The endive and Kalamata olives overwhelmed by the taste of fish. If I had not been time bound for lunch, I would have sent both dishes back. Again, the service was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We love the food, the pleasantTamiDined on 2/21/2014We love the food, the pleasant service. The noise is NOT pleasantSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious Chocolate Bread PuddingCostaMesaDined on 2/21/2014The chocolate bread pudding on the dessert menu was amazing! I also enjoyed the mushroom tart made with pastry puff. Overall, this was a great experience and the food was very good.Special Features:
- Guest enjoyed delicious beefSunshineDined on 2/21/2014Guest enjoyed delicious beef burger prepared perfectly as requested and old fashioned French fries. Spinach salad with grilled chicken--fresh tasty greens with good quality chicken breast! We were not rushed, and staff was cordial and attentive but not overwhelming.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointed this timeJBOCDined on 2/16/2014We're frequent patrons here & have always had excellent food/service. However, this particular night we dined, the service was slow & dreadful. We didn't have a dedicated waiter/waitress. The hostess brought us to our table (party of 4) but only had 3 menus available so she said she'd bring an additional one shortly. I had to ask for it a few minutes later because she never brought it. Then she was the one who took our appetizer and drink orders. The manager came by later to take our orders for the entrees. Another waiter showed up at the end to take our dessert orders. And in between, random servers brought out our bread and food as it became ready. No one bothered to introduce themselves or apologize for the obvious lack of staff.
- Trying too hardjgk007VIPDined on 2/15/2014Excited to eat here, we were sadly disappointed. The service was awful. We received dirty plates/silverware more than once, didn't receive certain orders and everything was slow. Hoping to make it up with the quality of the food, we were again disappointed. The atmosphere is more lively and might be a better place to to grab drinks at the bar. Otherwise, no desire to return.
- Good RestaurantcmacbethDined on 2/14/2014The food, service and ambience were all good. Trustworthy menu with no surprises. I would probably prefer other restaurants that offer more unique dining experiences (more adventurous menu) for the cost of the choices here. I had the filet mignon and it was cooked properly but again it wasn't anything to make it stand above other steak restaurants. The menu stated "farm to table" but I don't feel like that was emphasized or explained when we dined. I think if this was more prominent in the explanation or in the presentation (more rustic perhaps), it would've stood out more than other traditional style restaurants.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service could be a little fasterLuv2eatVIPDined on 2/12/2014During a lunch hour chose to dine on patio. Service was very slow. Would not have minded if on a date night but not on lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First trydininggalVIPDined on 2/8/2014Went there with a girlfriend & just loved it. Great appetizers & fish. Wonderful desserts. Service couldn't have been better. Would definitely go back again.Special Features:
- Dungeness fest is not up to par...OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/7/2014This is my second time here at Lark Creek. The service is excellent (compared to the first time), while the food is well a bit underwhelmed. Perhaps my expectation is too high, but the dungenessfest is only OK. The seafood gumbo that I had is too soupy and not enough ingredients (what happened to okra?) My husband chose a regular item, filet mignon, and that is so much better. So stay with the usual fare and you won't be disappointed.Special Features:
- MediocreOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/7/2014I was disappointed by this restaurant. The food wasn't bad, but was underwhelming. Would not recommend.
- Great crab festival menu withBruinVIPDined on 2/6/2014Great crab festival menu with amazing desserts. We would definitely recommend and would come back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Had lunch at the Lark CreekBillVIPDined on 2/4/2014Had lunch at the Lark Creek Newport Beach with a friend recently. The restaurant was nearly empty on a Tuesday at noon and hence was very quiet. Service was attentive and professional. The food was tasteful with good presentation; food was served in a timely manner. Parking in the structure immediately adjacent to the restaurant was convenient and free. We recommend Lark Creek Newport Beach for either a causal or business lunch.
- Did not meet high expectationsvblinnVIPDined on 1/31/2014Regretfully, the dinner service at Lark Creek Inn did not meet my high expectations. I have had fantastic breakfasts here with great service. Indeed it is one of my favorite breakfasts spots in Orange County. The dinner service however was a bit to casual. It took probably 10 min to get a cocktail and the bread did not appear until after the first appetizer was served. The bread and salted butter was fresh and delicious. The appetizers (charcuterie plate with good burrata but only 4 slices of meat, and the chickpea fries) were good but small. The seafood stew entree had a spicy sauce that complexly masked the taste of the fresh seafood. My dinner companion found the burger unremarkable. Not a bad but disappointing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I lived in Northern CaliforniaAdriverDined on 1/30/2014I lived in Northern California a long time and have frequented many of their sister retaurants in San Francisco, Walnut Creek and Larkspur. The food was not as exciting as I ahve expreience din the past. I had a steak that was medicore and my friend had the recommended pork chop that was dry. Our server - Kyle - was very nice and helpful, but the rest of the staff was arrogant and not very responsive. I was very disappointed.
- Great locationMoMo4949Dined on 1/30/2014Came here for a business luncheon. Service was great and selection was good for all. Would definitely recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Business DinnerRichardDined on 1/21/2014First time at Lark Creek, it was super. Not too loud which is good for a business dinner. The food was outstanding and I'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice dinnerhonestdinerDined on 1/21/2014we had reservations but it was a quiet night and we were seated immediately. good food, good service, reasonably pricedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceeded ExpectationsCliffHDined on 1/19/2014The food was very good. The menu was small but diverse. They make what they offer count. The bar was excellent. The service was excellent. lark creek was a surprise. We will go back.Special Features:
- Local hot spotImullmauDined on 1/18/2014We had a great meal starting with a perfectly balanced salad of blood orange grape fruit, scallop and citrus vinaigrette. The main meal was short ribs, bone marrow , mashed potatoes and root vegetables. Everything was perfectly cooked but I felt the short ribs could have been put over a swath of some kind of sauce (Cabernet reduction?). It was just a well cooked meal of meat and potatoes, nothing special. The butternut pudding and pecan shortbread cookie was great. If the salad and dessert are any indication, I'd definitely give this place another chance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but less than a bottleRedODined on 1/17/2014This restaurant is where the Daily Grill used to be in Fashion Island and it didn't look like they changed much inside the restaurant. The food was good - burger and NY strip - and the service was good but we were really disappointed in our "bottle" of wine. We ordered a bottle of wine and received a carafe with wine in it. When I saw it, I asked the waiter if that was really a whole bottle and he said that he had asked the bartender the same thing and was assured that it was. We were then poured two very small glasses. drank them and then were poured two even smaller glasses of wine. There is no way that this was a bottle of wine. Kinda ruined the whole experience for us. Beware of wine "on tap."
- Poor service mediocre foodEuroyen99Dined on 1/17/2014We had pretty bad service and our food was at best average. We will definitely not be going back. After the pretty wretched meal we ordered two coffees and the waiter brought a French press That was only enough for each of us to have about a half a cup. He asked how is that? We said..... " we ordered TWO coffees" not a half a cup each. He was upset and stormed of to make about batch so we could have what we ordered. Definately not going back.
- must try!kdubDined on 1/11/2014our server Fernando was attentive and knew the menu well. chicken dish with permissions was a delicious flavor burst, and the flat iron was cooked exactly how we ordered it. very smooth martinis....they even have (my fave garnish) blue cheese olives!Special Features:
- movie dinnerKathleenVIPDined on 1/11/2014This was our first visit to Lark Creek. We had a lovely dinner before the movie and would return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good, but not greatOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 1/10/2014I was excited to try this restaurant. The restaurant atmosphere is simple, but nice. We were seated immediately when we arrived for our 7pm reservation. The food was fair to good, but doesn't warrant the high prices which we would gladly pay to eat somewhere like Wildfish. The sea bass was cooked perfectly, but I didn't care for the sauce. Pork chop good but a too salty. The Thai muscle soup was very good and super spicey. The tuna tartar was just ok. May try this again for lunch, but unlikely to go back.
- YummyIleneDined on 1/10/2014We had the shrimp starter, it Wes delicious, than a pear salad and added rare ahi, can't wait to go again for dinner.Special Features:
- Not bad, but not goodFoodWineLoverVIPDined on 1/8/2014The food was not bad, but it was not good either. One of us had Brussels sprouts which were charred on top, so leaves had to be removed to eat them. Another of us had the duck confit risotto and it was hard to find the confit. Another of us had the flat iron steak and it was so-so. The wine selection is good and the service was excellent, however. The decor is dark, sort of retro 1970s and already seems dated.
- What's Not To About Love Lark CreekSouthernBellaDined on 1/4/2014The food is always excellent, the staff is always friendly and accommodating. A place "where everyone knows your name", they remember what you want to drink, you're greeted with a smile, a beautiful place to wait for your table, which hardly ever happens, or lounge by the open fire to have a drink and visit with friends.Special Features:
- Solid and reliableCDMLocalVIPDined on 1/4/2014This is a great restaurant to go to before or after going to Island Cinema. Loved the pork chop and squash soup is fabulous! When it first opened, they were a bit deficient in service, but that is all changed. Good service, very good food. This is a place I will go back to often!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food but Service LackedSofieKittyDined on 1/3/2014The experience started out great - our server was helpful and made a lot of great suggestions. The starter was great but then the night took a turn. We'd ordered a salad to share as our 2nd course but after a while, the entree came instead and we never got our salad. Our server had disappeared (not sure if he was done for the night or on break) and some other man started serving us. We thought he was the food runner because he never introduced himself as our new server and just dropped off the food. When we told him we never got our salad, he didn't apologize and just asked us if we still wanted it. We ended up eating as our last course which is a bit weird. I would've expected them to at least comp the salad but they didn't offer to.Special Features:
- Great Food and ServiceSouthernBellaDined on 1/1/2014My husband and I have loved this place since it opened. The food is consistently wonderful. We love sitting at the bar, watching sports on the 2 TV's and people watching. Or sitting on the outdoor patio, which is comfy and warmed by heaters and blankets if you want them. The staff make you feel at home and are very service oriented.Special Features: