188 Bedford Street
Stamford, CT 06901Neighborhood:
ProvencalPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.barriquestamford.com/
- Phone: 2033579526
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday: 12:00pm - 5:00pm
Daily: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Saturday & Sunday: 12:00pm - 5:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Provencal, French
- Executive Chef: Lou Barresi
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Full Bar, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Barrique Bistro
CUISINE: Southern East Coastal French, "le Midi." FEATURES: Small plates, Salads, Artisan Sandwiches, House-made Soups, Seafood, Poultry, Meat, Fresh House-made pastas, Charcuterie and Cheeses. WINE BAR: 46 wine labels by the glass, 120 labels by bottle, 12 sparking wine labels. large and small format wine. hand-crafted beer and cocktail list. full bar ATMOSPHERE NOTES: shabby chic, french country, sophisticated & elegant, casualContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Barrique Bistro reviews from OpenTable diners
21 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (15)fit for foodies (12)neighborhood gem (8)good for groups (6)special occasion (6)great for lunch (5)late-night find (5)romantic (5)notable wine list (4)great for brunch (2)hot spot (2)scenic view (2)Show More
- Food did not disappoint inVA2GetawayVIPDined on 12/20/2013Food did not disappoint in any way! Paella was moist and flavorful. Scallops were Rich and yummy. But so noisy it was difficult to hear across my own table. Can you figure out some noise abatement?Special Features:
- Food a bit overratedChickieDined on 12/6/2013Rather expensive for the quality. Moules moutarde pretty bland. Pappardelle not seas oned well. Portions good, nice staffSpecial Features:
- Nice Lunch in StamfordALPSVIPDined on 11/22/2013Barrique Bistro has a nice lunch menu and a great prix fix deal. The food was super, the room quiet, the service professional. We will return!Special Features:
- Dinner at Barrique BistroluvlabsDined on 11/19/2013Nice ambience, but the overhead chandelier could be dimmed a bit for softer lighting. All four of our meals were excellent. The service, although friendly, was not as professional as we would have liked -- waiter forgot several things for which we asked, even though there were very few diners there that night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- table for 2eatmeDined on 11/9/2013decent food though we had a 7:45pm reservation and they were already out of an entree. tables are way too tight in dining room. service could have been a lot better. halibut was overcooked. short ribs were very good.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous small plates ( e.g.FrankDined on 11/2/2013Fabulous small plates ( e.g. octapus the best I've had ) ) great meals,wines and service. But we were with a group of 7 persons; couldn't hear each other over the unusually loud noise level; suggested to the owner that he add sound absorbing baffles to the ceiling. That was the only negative .Could also go as twosome and eat at the bar in the back room; cozy, nice decor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing Prix Fixe deal forMikeDined on 10/23/2013Amazing Prix Fixe deal for lunch! The presentation and food are very good.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good, a bit inconsistentDuckVIPDined on 10/19/2013We were a party of 4, and most of us enjoyed our dinner. I'd had the salad nicoise before and liked it, but this time the dressing was a bit oily and the tuna was overcooked and tasteless. Also, if you're going to serve french onion soup, you need to use gruyere cheese (or a good quality swiss), not a slice of what tasted like provolone slapped over the top. The onion soup base was pleasant, but the cheese made it seem like the McDonald's version of this dish.Special Features:
- Battle between food and noiserogerDined on 10/19/2013Recently had a delicious meal before the movie "Haute Cuisine" so we ate fairly lightly. Onion soup was delicious and portion just right. Mussels were well prepared and in a delicious sauce. Creme Brulee was creamy and light. The only slight disappointment was steak au poive which came with very little sauce. Waiter was very attentive and brought out a side dish of the sauce. Our only negative was the noise level. I hate hearing everyone around me shouting like it's their private party room. It makes having your own conversation difficult without adding to the noise and then going home hoarse. I hope this trend in restaurants will end one day soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Prix Fixe Lunch - no swapssusiecDined on 10/18/2013wish we could swap the glass of wine included in the prix fixe lunch for dessert. how many people down a glass of wine at noon on a busy Friday right before picking kids up from school?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrific!mebbyVIPDined on 10/12/2013This little French bistro was a delightful find. There's a great wine list, but also an extensive beer menu as well. Our server was very knowledgeable about the beers and suggested a wonderful Belgian for my husband. The food was wonderful as well - definitely try the roasted Organic Chicken. We were seated in the front room which is just lovely with whitewashed brick walls and dark wood tables and floors. We had a wonderful experience. We will definitely be back to Barrique Bistro.Special Features:
- Yummy food, huge portionsBetsyknitVIPDined on 10/12/2013I split the eggplant appetizer with a friend. It was great, but that was enough food... Then I had a short rib special that was simply prefect. Melt in your mouth, with a parsnip purée. Took most of it home, and it was still yummy. The group of us split the flan, which was interestingly solid, and very good. All the rest of our group had steak frites. Didn't try their steak, but the frites were so good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- too priceyEaterVIPDined on 10/6/2013The place was empty. The wines start in the 40s--too high for a place with little ambiance. The service staff kept asking us if w were ready to order. Why? There was no one else in the place. We wanted to relax with our drinks. The seafood was delicious as was the salad and veal dish. But it was expensive for this type of casual place.
- Yum!robinwDined on 9/28/2013Great menu, food was delicious, and service was very good...only complaint is that it was very noisy and hard to have a conversation with the friends we were dining with for dinner. We were sitting in the middle of the restaurant and the doors were closed because it was a bit chilly, not sure if the acoustics are better when doors can be open.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Welcome additionGreatVIPDined on 9/27/2013Great dining and a welcome addition to downtown Stamford. Excellent variety on the menu and the salmon and grilled vegetables cooked to perfection. Service is the perfect balance between attentive but not overdone. Would definitely go back and back !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great addition to downtown StamfordAandBdiningVIPDined on 9/7/2013We had the artichoke appetizer and the tuna tartar...both were very good. Our main course was the roast chicken and the trout special...very,very tasty!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A bit noisy. Decor "clean"OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/31/2013A bit noisy. Decor "clean" to spare. Needs better bread with a good crust!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice AdditionbilwillDined on 8/31/2013This new Mediterranean restaurant replaces a longtime French bistro that ran out of steam. It's clean decor contrasts with the old plush French. The menu is imaginative, especially the small plate section, though a bit pricey. It's not a special occasion place but a worthy additions to the Bedford restaurant scene and one we will return to occasionally. A sold three stars.Special Features:
- Barrique...c'est magnifiquempgdagstamVIPDined on 8/24/2013Hi... my wife and I dine out quite a bit in Stamford but not usually in the Bedford St area. With so many new spots opening we decided to wander early Saturday evening and find a new spot. We ended up at Barrique,formerally a very stuffy traditional French spot. We are not French food fans but this menu was different a great mix of French bistro and Italian with some very creative dishes. We sat right out on the street and really enjoyed the scene. The service was terrific, fun and friendly. Had a great chat wit the owner's mother! The food was extraordinary.. my wife had lamb chops and I had a lemon pasta dish. The wine list was outstanding and fairly reasonable. Barrirque is now on our "go to" list and should be on yours too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nice lunch getawaySoupyDined on 7/30/2013Barrique Bistro is a nice little neighborhood French bistro but not at all resemble the old predecessor Chef Jean Louis. The small plate menu is great and is nicely portioned for sharing in small groups. Kale salad was amazing and great for sharing. The servers were attentive and thoughtful. A great lunch getaway!Special Features:
- Great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/20/2013Food was outstanding...decor a little stark. Didn't care for the ambiance but food was goodSpecial Features:
- Very good food but too loud.DaisyDined on 7/20/2013"Energetic" Is Too Cute A Marketing Euphemism. It Was Loud And We Needed To Raise Our Voices To Be Heard.But We All Liked Our Meals.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but too noisySilkeVIPDined on 7/19/2013We were eager to try Barrique and found the menu interesting and the food good. Our server was nice but not well-informed (ex. had to go and check whether the char-broiled dishes were cooked on a stove or charcoal). I ordered steak with "chimichurra" sauce,,. a specific Brazilian garlic sauce... but got a mild vinaigrette or salad dressing. Most of the food was excellent. The ambiance was OK, not special... but the layout of the room and the hard surfaces made it impossibly loud when it was full. It would be nice to put a row of booths along the side wall, and maybe a partition somewhere, along with some sounding-absorbing materials. I would like to try Barrique again. It is still new but has potential. The food is very good!
- Very good new restaurant inAandBdiningVIPDined on 7/16/2013Very good new restaurant in town! Has something for everyone!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New restaurant. Food was good,RonnaVIPDined on 7/15/2013New restaurant. Food was good, excellent wine list. Good addition to the neighborhoodSpecial Features:
- Great new Stamford restaurantLuvthisplaceDined on 6/30/2013What a great addition to the Stamford restaurant scene. Great food and service. Small pltes, regular entrees and specials. Nice wine list too. Have already been back three times!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Remains to be SeenMcelhennyVIPDined on 6/29/2013Dined shortly following the restaurant's opening, Unfortunately on a busy Saturday evening. Food was fine, not outstanding, but fine. Staff was confused about what tables were available, Decor is spare and, as a result of that and the size of the crowd, the noise level was too high -- way too high for a $150 tab. We saw several couples ask for their table to be changed out of the dining room to the sidewalk seating due to the noise level. Perhaps on a weekday when the crowd would be smaller.........I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but not OutstandingSteveVIPDined on 6/29/2013Food was good but I expected more. I expected it to be at least comparable to the previous French restaurant at that location. They only gave 1 single soft shell crab with the entree and it was good, but not great.Special Features:
- Our waiter was very nonchalant.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/28/2013Our waiter was very nonchalant. I think he forgot to put our order in. When we finally got it, everything was delicious. 2 things I would change are: I would include a drink menu and add some French desserts. No crepes or beignets! That is a crime in my book!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Relaxed AtmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 6/28/2013We had dinner here early on a Friday night. It was fairly quiet and all the doors were open so there was a great breeze going through. Food was good- sliders were juicy and not over/undercooked. The only down side was when I ordered the Salmon I did not realize it came in a thick sauce. Luckily, my fiance was willing to make the switch with me and I was able to enjoy his awesome (no sauce needed) sea bass.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.