Stacks at Steam Plant
159 S. Lincoln St
Spokane, WA 99201Neighborhood:
NorthwestPrice: $30 and under
Stacks at Steam Plant
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.steamplantspokane.com/
- Phone: 5097773900
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Su-Th 3:00pm-10:00pm
Dinner: Sa-Su 3:00pm-11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Northwest, Brewery
- Executive Chef: Barry Matthews
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Cross Street: 2nd Avenue
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: We offer free parking directly outside the front doors to the restaurant. Also, if you park in the Diamond Lot that is located one block north of the restaurant on Lincoln, we will deduct the parking fee from your dining bill up to the total of your bill.
A word from Stacks at Steam Plant
Our restaurant, Stacks at Steam Plant, offers a distinctive approach to dining in which we work with local farmers and ranchers to create dishes that celebrate the best our region has to offer. The restaurant offers seating with views of the 80-foot ceilings, old boiler pipes and catwalks as well as to the pub down below. Steam Plant Brewing Company & Pub showcases it"s very own nationally-acclaimed, hand-crafted beers using regionally grown grains and hops. The menu here offers our Chef's own twist of traditional pub fare, including meats and fish smoked right here inside our smokehouse.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
Stacks at Steam Plant - Best Restaurants in Spokane ›
Stacks at Steam Plant reviews from OpenTable diners
41 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (21)special occasion (20)fit for foodies (14)neighborhood gem (11)romantic (10)vibrant bar scene (8)late-night find (7)scenic view (4)kid-friendly (4)hot spot (4)great for lunch (3)notable wine list (1)Show More
- HomerunKevinDined on 12/28/2013We chose Stacks to celebrate a family milestone. Stacks took the extra steps to ensure the event was perfect. We had a private room. Everyone loved their entrees. Those who had never been were very impressed with the unique venue. Prices are reasonable considering the quality of food and the amazing atmosphere.Special Features:
- Food quality has improvedluvfoodDined on 12/28/2013Food quality has improved at this restaurant over the past year. Service seems to be spotty though. Although our waitress was nice she was extremely slow in refilling our drinks or even taking the bill at the end of the meal. It didn't seem as though she was extremely busy with other tables and we received faster service from others on the wait staff who were not even servicing our table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great atmosphere and buildingAfoodie4sureDined on 12/28/2013We returned to Stacks to dine after not eating there for years. We were hoping the food had gotten better however I am sad to say we were disappointed. We had 7 in our party of diners and no one was happy with their meal. The ribs were dry and tasteless and the other dishes just lacked that factor that brings you back again and again. On a good note, the beer was good and the service was excellent and we love that old historic building!
- Christmas Eve MagicfoodieloverDined on 12/24/2013I had out of town family in for the holidays and decided to go out for Christmas Eve dinner. I had not been to the Steam Plant, but it looked like a place everyone in our diverse group would agree on. It was perfect! The space was so much fun and historical, the waiter was exceptional and the food was outstanding! The Steam Plant gave us a very enjoyable evening under less than optimum family dynamics. Thank you Steam Plant!Special Features:
- Excellent Christmas Eve spot!FoodieLaValleyDined on 12/24/2013We enjoyed the Stack @ Steam Plant for a family Christmas Eve dinner as we did not want to cook and have the chance to spend a quality evening out with our teen boys. This was a great choice as we were allowed to order more pub food from the bar to be served at our table in the dining room. (teen boy friendly menu) We had a great experience, service was excellent and the environment was very good. Parking was not an issue either. That is a huge plus for downtown Spokane.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SteamynickDined on 12/13/2013Awesome place! Fun to just walk around and look at stuff. Good food, lots o' beer and plenty of other drinks as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice eveningRadiomanDined on 12/9/2013We arrived much earlier than our reservation (6:45) on Monday night. I checked in and was offered a table. They were very flexible and told us to walk around and enjoy the old steam plant history and then they would seat us whenever we were ready. The hostess was awesome. The waitress was awesome too. Didn't rush us and was very accommodating to our need to take our time and talk. The only negative was that the veggies were barely warm. It was served on a cold plate. I had Salmon. It was excellent and the right temp. My date had steak. It was cooked to her preference. I'll be going back!Special Features:
- Lackluster Dining ExperiencecasualdinerDined on 12/7/2013The ambiance and decor of the restaurant was superb, however, the food was overpriced for what was served. Comparable meals could be found at much cheaper dining establishments and although the descriptions of the food sounded amazing, the actual meals were a bit bland and lackluster. The service was outstanding, but I won't be going back.
- so-soCroneDined on 12/7/2013The food was ok, but not great for the price. The service was ok, but not attentive. Love the concept of the stacks, and showing my daughter and telling her the history of it. But the 'restaurant' portion was just so-so.
- Top Notch!emilyoriene1Dined on 12/7/2013We sat at the bar and the bar tender was awesome! I didn't catch his name, but he was friendly, engaging, and made sure we had everything we wanted. We had a couple appetizers...the cheesey bread and half and half satay. The bread was surprisingly amazing, probably the best I've ever had. I wish I lived locally so I could have the bread and a pint of Jalepeneo Ale once a week. I also tried the pumpkin ale and the huckleberry ale. Both were exquisit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Stacks at Steam Plant -"Owning it!"TheHungryOgreDined on 11/24/2013The food was great, the garlic bread went to another level with it's herby-creamy topping. Their salads are meals in themselves, interesting vinegrettes and toppings. My Tri-Tip was cooked perfectly and the red-eye gravy was a first for me, but won't be my last. Looking at the menu there are a lot of things I am looking forward to going back to try. The portion sizes were large, but not to the point where we needed a box to take home. The menu has different price points for all of their food, making many of their choices attainable. I was impressed withthe diversity of the menu: Greek salad, Curried Chicken, Ribeye and fish and chips, and on and on. The beer selection was great - try the Vanilla Burbon Stout - It is AMAZING!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Datefranseen304Dined on 11/23/2013Awesome time out with my wife. Fun and unique setting with amazing food. Pork Paso Bucco should not be missed. Amazing in home brews at an amazing price (for growlers).Special Features:
- Loved It!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/16/2013Great atmosphere, delicious food and beer! I want to visit again, great for dates and groups as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Place!Dancemom50Dined on 11/16/2013Besides the wonderful service we received, it's a great place to celebrate just about anything. The atmosphere was simply unique and definitely a piece of conversation. The waiter was friendly and helpful, always smiling. Our drinks did take a while, but other than that it's a great place to dine. I would definitely eat here again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wifes BirthdayFirstimerDined on 11/16/2013We wanted a restaraunt downtown and something kind of nice. The Steam Plant fit the bill. Our server, Jackie, was very nice and seemed to know the menu. The food arrived right on time and was very good. The steak was much better than the one I had last week at Outback. Anyway, we were very happy, and plan to go back soon. Thanks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Great Dining ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/15/2013I have been to the Stacks several times, and I always enjoy the food there. The service is great, too, and extremely helpful. The building itself is fascinating in terms of the history of Spokane and a great architectural gem! It gives the restaurant a unique feel. I highly recommend the restaurant to anyone wanting a great place to go out to dinner to in downtown Spokane. The one downside to our dining experience this time was that we were placed in an area next to a large party even though we had a reservation and the restaurant didn't seem busy. We were a small group of 4 and we had a hard time talking and hearing each other because the large group was so loud. Make sure if you want a quiet corner to ask for it when you go!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, awesome atmosphere.ThaduesDined on 11/9/2013Great food, awesome atmosphere. The plants history is very neat and all together makes for a great evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- once is enoughspokaniteDined on 11/9/2013Recently came for the first time. Read reviews before we went and although most said the food was just ok, they also said the service was great and you have to go at least once to see it. I agree about the food being just ok, it wasn't terrible, but wasn't great. I wouldn't go there again just for the food. The place itself is really neat. I would bring people there just to see the history of it and how they converted it. But I wouldn't agree about the service. No one was friendly, we had reservations but had to wait for a table, and not that we were in a hurry, but our waiter took forever and didn't seem like he cared about anything. The lady who brought our food all but threw our plates at us and didn't say a single word. Weird.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place for GroupsKtotheJDined on 11/6/2013Be clear with what room you would like for your party, but great venue to accommodate big groups.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceptional Dining experiencesonoDined on 11/3/2013In town for a wedding and we were recommended to experience Stacks at the Steam Plant. Was not disappointed. The atmosphere was unique, the service was excellent and the food was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dining ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/2/2013Had reservations, I checked in with the hostess. When the hostess called my name she didn't pay attention to who was walking up to be seated. Instead she seated another group of people instead of our group. We waited at the front to be seated and the hostess was completely oblivious to us standing and waiting for our table. I finally walked up to her and asked if there was a problem with our table. She apologized and told me what had happened and had us seated immediately. Our waiter was great. The food was awful, especially for the price we were paying. It is disappointing to pay over a hundred dollars and get substandard food. I might try the Steamplant one more time, but I am skeptical. Our waiter made the experience worth our money.Special Features:
- Great Space with Average FoodTDubBusinessTimeDined on 10/26/2013The Steam Plant is a very unique restaurant because of the history and ambience of the space. It would worth going once. Just know the food was very average. The staff was very friendly and the service was good. Be there done that and will not be back.Special Features:
- ScrumptiousCelebratingDined on 10/26/2013The menu was very appetizing and extensive. Three out of the four of us were torn between two or more items and requested Kim, our server's, input. She hit it out of the ballpark with each recommendation! Every plate at the table was an exciting presentation, and followed through with fabulous taste. We were celebrating my husband's birthday - they presented him with a dessert large enough for the 4 of us. We will be back, there are many more menu items to try!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, service, ambiance!mwakefieldDined on 10/19/2013First time and really enjoyed myself. Good was amazing! I really enjoyed the Jalapeño Beer! (Brewed by Steamplant)Special Features:
- Food is sub-par, as well asaeveDined on 10/18/2013Food is sub-par, as well as the beer. We wish we would have chosen to eat in the bar, as we have had better food downstairs in the past. Overall the experience was fine, but for price, we believed it should have been higher quality.
- Thanks!Terryd12Dined on 10/16/2013We had a great time and the good and service was fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic Night Out!DonBDined on 10/5/2013Had a wonderful experience - loved the atmosphere, food, drinks and service. Can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food and atmospherehefferino34Dined on 10/4/2013Food was great. They offered a very wide variety of choices. I read some prior reviews about poor service and I have to say that the service wasn't horrible but it was definitely not very speedy or attentive.. still it was worth the experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomeChuganautDined on 10/1/2013My wife and I have been to the Steam Plant several times and every time we go we get wonderful service and amazing food. It is also a treat to get to poke around the building and explore all the history contained within its walls. The waitstaff are very courteous and flexible with small and large groups needs. The easy online table reservation system is very useful as well. After all of my experiences with dining at this establishment I fully recommend it to anybody.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unique but not PriceyeastsidedinerDined on 9/27/2013Great atmosphere. Food has a selection of a bit of everything, but not a lot of vegetarian or light food. Large restaurant so service seemed spotty, especially for a Friday night. Worth it for the beer and atmosphere, if you are into those things.Special Features:
- Unique and DeliciousKevinDined on 9/22/2013I took my wife to Stacks to celebrate her birthday. This is one of the most unique and interesting restaurants you will find: it is set within the large industrial pipes, boilers, coal bins of a long-closed power plant. Tables are far enough apart to actually feel private. Stacks is one of the few restaurants where you can get happy hour prices at the dining tables. Food was tasty and a great value: I had steelhead with a scallop sauce, my wife had smoked salmon pasta. Everything was hot, fresh and tasty. Hostess Makenzie found us the perfect table for our event. Our server Brittney took great care of us, with spot-on recommendations and tips. They comped us an epic birthday ice-cream sundae with cookies and brownies aptly titled, "Wow."Special Features:
- Great environment!NomnomDined on 9/20/2013I had the salmon and it was wonderful! My husbands tri tip was just so so. Overall we had a lot of fun there and would go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- blissKyndraDined on 9/14/2013I brought my mom here for her birthday and we were very pleased with the service, the ambience, and the quality of food! Thank you so much! It made her birthday all the more special. I felt like the wait staff were organized, real and very professional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A special placeJoeDDined on 9/14/2013What a treat for our out of town guests to experience this unique space with such good food and friendly service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bustling Resteraunt and BarJoebobDined on 9/13/2013Our visit to stacks was the perfect romantic evening. We made reservations on line because phone reservations are not accepted. The drinks and spirits were awesome; the appetizers were delicious and the food was average. As far as the menu goes, theres a good selection of entrees and meat dishes. With that being said, the venue was great and that was worth the slightly higher than average price. However, the dishes we ordered did not leave us saying..."I have to have that pasta from Stacks ASAP," rather "well, "maybe we'll come back sometime."Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great steak!ChuckDined on 9/11/2013Don't miss the rib eye steak.........it's 5 star, for sure!! The birthday group was treated to a massive dessert we all shared and the service was wonderful. We'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great RestaurantBlakeDined on 9/6/2013We have been here several times. The food is usually really good. I had the ribs and my wife had the squash raviolis. The reason we go to the restaurant is for the building itself. It is AMAZING. If you are looking for a place to eat that has a great history, this will fit the docket. Show up early (or stay afterwards) and wander through the building on a self guided tour that will blow your mind! Oh yeah, and they brew their own beer...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First Time VisitdinnergroupDined on 9/3/2013Our group enjoyed the beer sampler presentation and praised the brews. Each ordered a different entrée. Lamb porterhouse had rave reviews, steaks and seafood all delicious. Very nice salads. Great ambience in a unique venue - our group enjoyed the self-guided tour after dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special Night!JoseDined on 9/1/2013A 57th anniversary of our marriage was a good excuse to dine at Stacks. The hostess was outgoing and friendly and elicited the reason we were dining there. Our waitress, prompt, precise, and caring, did not hover but anticipated our every need. A magnificent gifted desert was the perfect conclusion. A memorable evening enhanced by the employees of Stacks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinnerAnneVIPDined on 8/31/2013We had a wonderful dinner here with our teenage children. Our daughter would have liked to see more vegetarian/vegan options. Will return!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.