Stacks at Steam Plant
159 S. Lincoln St
Spokane, WA 99201Neighborhood:
NorthwestPrice: $30 and under
Stacks at Steam Plant
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.steamplantspokane.com/
- Phone: 5097773900
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Su-Th 3:00pm-10:00pm
Dinner: Sa-Su 3:00pm-11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Northwest, Brewery
- Executive Chef: Barry Matthews
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Cross Street: 2nd Avenue
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: We offer free parking directly outside the front doors to the restaurant. Also, if you park in the Diamond Lot that is located one block north of the restaurant on Lincoln, we will deduct the parking fee from your dining bill up to the total of your bill.
A word from Stacks at Steam Plant
Our restaurant, Stacks at Steam Plant, offers a distinctive approach to dining in which we work with local farmers and ranchers to create dishes that celebrate the best our region has to offer. The restaurant offers seating with views of the 80-foot ceilings, old boiler pipes and catwalks as well as to the pub down below. Steam Plant Brewing Company & Pub showcases it"s very own nationally-acclaimed, hand-crafted beers using regionally grown grains and hops. The menu here offers our Chef's own twist of traditional pub fare, including meats and fish smoked right here inside our smokehouse.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Stacks at Steam Plant - Best Restaurants in Spokane ›
Stacks at Steam Plant reviews from OpenTable diners
38 reviews since May 19, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (23)special occasion (19)fit for foodies (12)neighborhood gem (11)kid-friendly (8)late-night find (8)romantic (7)vibrant bar scene (5)hot spot (3)notable wine list (3)scenic view (2)great for lunch (2)Show More
- Reserved for anniversary dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/15/2014Second time to the plant, very glad we had reservations. We were seated very close to our reservation time. The room we ate in had room for 24 and was fairly loud. Once one or two of the noisier groups left the atmosphere and noise was much better. The food, smoked salmon pasta and the Greek chicken pasta were fantastic. We will go back but probably see if we can get a quieter table or location.Special Features:
- Enjoyed the sceneluv2eatDined on 2/15/2014Really loved the restaurant itself. The beer was great and the sample tray was a superb idea. The waiter was very polite and professional, and his recommendation was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- expectations not metmk6dinerDined on 2/15/2014Made reservations, our names were called and instead of taking us into the restaurant portion we were taken to a small area in the "commons" where they had 9 two person "card" tables set up. This immediately made us feel like we were placed in the overflow section. There was no divider between the seating area and main walkway so people waiting to be seated would walk by and look right at us. noise level made it hard to hear. something sounding like real heavy door kept slamming. asked for decaf coffee, it was luke warm at best. temperature where we were at was cool. Had salad and wild mushroom soup. Soup was just a very salty broth with mushrooms in it. not good. Waiter was very good and did not charge for soup.Special Features:
- Not Our Best VisitFranciscoDined on 2/15/2014My wife, son, and I had eaten dinner at Stacks a half-dozen times before, so we knew it, liked it, and were feeling enthusiastic about it when we returned a few nights ago. This latest visit was disappointing, though, mostly because of the service. We spent too much time at the restaurant because of having to wait and wait for our waiter to bring dinner and then return once we were through, even cutting him slack because we were at the restaurant on a busy evening, the one right after Valentine's Day. The helper who brought our dinner to the table was curt too. The food was good but not hot enough. Overall I felt bad for my mom because she was the one who paid for our dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner reviewOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/15/2014I had the roasted salmon/veggies & red potatoes... It was good overall,fish a little salty.. 2nd dinner was black & white tuna...could have been cooked more & was tough.. Mushroom soup was good..Food took a long time to arrive... We felt waitress was over worked & the place was understaffed for a Saturday nite.. I expected far better service fro $$ spentSpecial Features:
- Besides having to wait 45vday1Dined on 2/14/2014Besides having to wait 45 mins after our reservation time for a table, all was great. We had the oysters and tuna poke for app, and rib eye for a meal. The server was great and offered free dessert for the wait. The bar was fine to wait, friendly server, good space.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food, Service LackingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2014We went to Stacks for Valentines Day, and had reservations for 8pm. We go there are tried to check in at about 7:50 and were told to come back at 8 to check in. When we did this, we were told that they were a little behind on seating people, but it shouldn't be too long. We waited. And waited. We were finally seated at about 9:10. Our waitress was awesome, as was the food, but the hour+ wait put a damper on the experience. The calamari was excellent, as was the beer and cheese soup. I got the Pork Osso Bucco and my boyfriend the Tri-Tip. Both dishes were about 8/10, but good portion sizes. Overall I would recommend Stacks, but stick to weeknights or maybe lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DecentOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2014Waited over a hour past our reservation time to get a table. Once we got our table , the experience was greatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not bad at all.AhoffDined on 2/14/2014My date and I were pleased to have dined here on valentines day. our server was super friendly and not a blanket. There was a bit of a wait but that is expected so any person with common sense shouldnt be upset with a wait on a day like that. the food came out hot and was delicious, little bit of extra sauce i could have gone without on the pork chop but it was still tasty. For the price I was pleased and was also very fortunate to get a very nice table which was the stereotypical dining experience youd see on tv versus a small table by the railing like many folks had. so granted a very fortunate seat i was pleased with everything and only spent 100$ with 2 mid price ranged meals, 2 drinks, an appetizer 2 salads and a pretty generous tip.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, disappointing servicesrewolf2008Dined on 2/14/2014First off, we arrived at 7:20 and wanted to check in for a 7:45 reservation. We were told to come back at 7:45, so looked around and then sat on the foyer at the entrance till 7:43. By this time there were 7-8 sets of diners in line so we got behind them. When we got to the hostess station we were told they were seating people on a first come first served for the 7:45 reservations. Even though they remembered we were there 20 minutes earlier. 45 minutes after our reservation and in the bar and we were finally seated. The bar service was below average, no wine list at table and had to get from bar. Ten minute wait to order. Food took over 30 minutes to arrive and fortunately was excellent. Not sure I would go back or recommend to friend.Special Features:
- Average Food-good waiterPotroastDined on 2/14/2014Food was avg. at best. The New York Steak looked Like pot roast. The food was plated poorly. For the price you will not see me back. One of the coolest spots, to bad the food was so bad. Our waiter was very nice!
- MoredindinDined on 2/14/2014Food was good. Portions were tiny, not really worth the amount paid.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Ambiance - Average FoodSpokaniteDined on 2/14/2014Since it was Valentine's day, we made reservations to eat at a new restaurant. We heard a lot about this place and we're excite to check out a new restaurant. However, when we arrived on time, we we're asked by the hostess if we thought we'd be done in an hour and 20 minutes. Apparently they had booked their tables to tight and wanted to make sure we'd be gone. We found this really inappropriate. The ambiance of the steam plant is great! And there is so much potential for this location. However the food is average at best. For instance, I ordered the New York steak but what I got was prime rib. I asked the waitress if I received the right dish and she assured me it was...l but I've never seen a steak look like prime rib.Special Features:
- We've been eating at SteamPeggyDined on 2/14/2014We've been eating at Steam Plant for a couple of years now--mostly special occasions and have never been disappointed. We are early evening diners (around 5 pm) and always get good service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Moms Valentine dinnerAndeDined on 2/14/2014The ambience was great and the history behind the steam plant was amazing. We were not impressed by all the food. My mom got the ribeye and that was excellent but my girlfriend and I got the special and were very disappointed in the New York steaks. I think staying consistent with your portion sizes is one thing..a gentleman next to us got the special and his New York steak looked amazing and actually that is why we ordered it. When ours came they were so thin that if you put ours together it would of maybe been as thick as his. Plus are food was barely warm like it had been sitting awhile and we had to send it back to warm up.Special Features:
- speedymoglins1Dined on 2/14/2014It took quite a awhile to recieve appetizers and drinks. The lemon drop was very good but took 20minutes to get. We noticed a number of other couples receive foods sooner. Even though we were first seated. Quite honestly the food was blah. I guess i expexted WOW for the price. Overall we were there for an hour and a half which seemed like a long time waitimg for meals to arrive. Also dont order mustard sause on wings it tasted like feet.Special Features:
- Valentines DayOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/13/2014confusion at desk when checking in, but they recovered quickly. Tamera or server was excellant. I manage a service driven company. She was outstanding.Special Features:
- cool placesrj1210Dined on 2/1/2014Everything about this place is very cool, except the food, which we would rate average to below average. Nothing we ate was special or memorable. It is a great place to go for drinks and maybe appetizers. Parking can be a little tricky, but they will pay if you have to park in the pay lot just north of the restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- foodtime2eatDined on 2/1/2014The majority if our food was cold and/or not fully cooked the table was not cleared regularly so it was cluttered.
- Great ServiceJaneneDined on 1/30/2014We had a wonderful time! Both my husband and I had previous meals here, and they were not-so-great. We did not want this to be our special choice for my brother and sister in laws' birthday dinner. But they choose The Steamplant as the place they wanted to go, so we went. What a pleasant surprise! The food was delicious, the drinks were delicious, and our Server was wonderful. We had a great time...thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- unique settingliljimi3Dined on 1/24/2014My wife and I enjoyed our dinner. She had the butternut squash ravioli and I had the chipotle pork chop. Service was quick and attentive throughout the evening. We shared the beer sampler and that was very good as well. Great food and drink plus a unique, museum type setting made for a great evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 30 minutes to get a drink in barOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/18/2014Saturday was our first visit to the Steam Plant. We sat down at a table in the bar at 6:30 pm, and within 5 minutes had ordered a drink. It took 30 minutes of waiting as one bartender, who was making drinks for the entirely packed out bar area, as well as the entire restaurant on the floor above. In the bartender's defense, I saw that he had the drinks made and sitting at the server's pick up area at the 20 minute mark. It was another 10 ten minutes before the server brought them to us. It was such a downer that we finished our drinks and left.
- Great For GroupsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/18/2014Our group (8-12 people) has been to Stacks twice. We like it because each time we have been seated in the semi-private alcoves or seating areas. You still feel that you are part of the restaurant but it is quiet enough that the conversation at the table can be heard.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulScottDined on 1/11/2014Stacks at Steam Plant is one of the better restaurants in Spokane. The menu has a lot of variety and the libations are extensive! Including a brewery, which creates many fine beers - especially the stout. All of this would be enough for any establishment, but Stacks is located in Spokane's old steam plant. The incorporation of the steam plant's infrastructure into the restaurant is definitely worth seeing.Special Features:
- Great service and foodstormDined on 1/9/2014Food was excellent and our waiter was awesome. Not complaints at all and would highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Monday night birthdayjebid89Dined on 1/6/2014I planned to have my husband's birthday dinner here on a Monday night. It was very quiet, and we (our group of 6) pretty much seemed to have the waitress to ourselves which was great. The food was presented nicely and tasted delicious. I am looking forward to eating there again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Downtown BeautySpockaniteDined on 1/4/2014Wonderful historic building. Great food and service!Special Features:
- Good Food & Drink. Terrible ServicthescarecrowDined on 12/31/2013We came on New Years Eve and brought friends from out of town with us. The Drinks and The Pork Chop were unreal. We were extremely disappointed in the service though. Our waiter was personable, but he took our drink and appetizer order at the same time and we received our apps and were finished them before a drinks arrived. I watched our drinks sit at the service bar for 15 minutes and when the waiter came to the table he blamed it on the bar being busy. Flat out lie. I used to be in the industry, and I can't believe that he had the gall to lie to our faces. Wouldn't have Cole work for me in my business, because of his out right lies. I would come back but only the because the food was excellent. But that is not all a meal consists of.Special Features:
- Dining at Stacks at Steam PlantOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/31/2013We were there New Year's Eve. Food was excellent, and service was fabulous. Fascinating building. Would recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HomerunKevinDined on 12/28/2013We chose Stacks to celebrate a family milestone. Stacks took the extra steps to ensure the event was perfect. We had a private room. Everyone loved their entrees. Those who had never been were very impressed with the unique venue. Prices are reasonable considering the quality of food and the amazing atmosphere.Special Features:
- Food quality has improvedluvfoodDined on 12/28/2013Food quality has improved at this restaurant over the past year. Service seems to be spotty though. Although our waitress was nice she was extremely slow in refilling our drinks or even taking the bill at the end of the meal. It didn't seem as though she was extremely busy with other tables and we received faster service from others on the wait staff who were not even servicing our table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great atmosphere and buildingAfoodie4sureDined on 12/28/2013We returned to Stacks to dine after not eating there for years. We were hoping the food had gotten better however I am sad to say we were disappointed. We had 7 in our party of diners and no one was happy with their meal. The ribs were dry and tasteless and the other dishes just lacked that factor that brings you back again and again. On a good note, the beer was good and the service was excellent and we love that old historic building!
- Christmas Eve MagicfoodieloverDined on 12/24/2013I had out of town family in for the holidays and decided to go out for Christmas Eve dinner. I had not been to the Steam Plant, but it looked like a place everyone in our diverse group would agree on. It was perfect! The space was so much fun and historical, the waiter was exceptional and the food was outstanding! The Steam Plant gave us a very enjoyable evening under less than optimum family dynamics. Thank you Steam Plant!Special Features:
- Excellent Christmas Eve spot!FoodieLaValleyDined on 12/24/2013We enjoyed the Stack @ Steam Plant for a family Christmas Eve dinner as we did not want to cook and have the chance to spend a quality evening out with our teen boys. This was a great choice as we were allowed to order more pub food from the bar to be served at our table in the dining room. (teen boy friendly menu) We had a great experience, service was excellent and the environment was very good. Parking was not an issue either. That is a huge plus for downtown Spokane.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SteamynickDined on 12/13/2013Awesome place! Fun to just walk around and look at stuff. Good food, lots o' beer and plenty of other drinks as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice eveningRadiomanDined on 12/9/2013We arrived much earlier than our reservation (6:45) on Monday night. I checked in and was offered a table. They were very flexible and told us to walk around and enjoy the old steam plant history and then they would seat us whenever we were ready. The hostess was awesome. The waitress was awesome too. Didn't rush us and was very accommodating to our need to take our time and talk. The only negative was that the veggies were barely warm. It was served on a cold plate. I had Salmon. It was excellent and the right temp. My date had steak. It was cooked to her preference. I'll be going back!Special Features:
- Lackluster Dining ExperiencecasualdinerDined on 12/7/2013The ambiance and decor of the restaurant was superb, however, the food was overpriced for what was served. Comparable meals could be found at much cheaper dining establishments and although the descriptions of the food sounded amazing, the actual meals were a bit bland and lackluster. The service was outstanding, but I won't be going back.
- so-soCroneDined on 12/7/2013The food was ok, but not great for the price. The service was ok, but not attentive. Love the concept of the stacks, and showing my daughter and telling her the history of it. But the 'restaurant' portion was just so-so.
- Top Notch!emilyoriene1Dined on 12/7/2013We sat at the bar and the bar tender was awesome! I didn't catch his name, but he was friendly, engaging, and made sure we had everything we wanted. We had a couple appetizers...the cheesey bread and half and half satay. The bread was surprisingly amazing, probably the best I've ever had. I wish I lived locally so I could have the bread and a pint of Jalepeneo Ale once a week. I also tried the pumpkin ale and the huckleberry ale. Both were exquisit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Stacks at Steam Plant -"Owning it!"TheHungryOgreDined on 11/24/2013The food was great, the garlic bread went to another level with it's herby-creamy topping. Their salads are meals in themselves, interesting vinegrettes and toppings. My Tri-Tip was cooked perfectly and the red-eye gravy was a first for me, but won't be my last. Looking at the menu there are a lot of things I am looking forward to going back to try. The portion sizes were large, but not to the point where we needed a box to take home. The menu has different price points for all of their food, making many of their choices attainable. I was impressed withthe diversity of the menu: Greek salad, Curried Chicken, Ribeye and fish and chips, and on and on. The beer selection was great - try the Vanilla Burbon Stout - It is AMAZING!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.