1285 Homestead Rd.
Santa Clara, CA 95812Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.chefjustinperez.com/
- Phone: (408) 638-5300x
- Hours of Operation:
Tuesday -Thursday 4:00 PM to 8:45 PM
Friday 4:00 PM to 9:45 PM
Saturday 4:00 PM to 9:45 PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Mediterranean, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Justin Perez
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: If you consider yourself a foodie and dream of an out of the ordinary, sophisticated and unforgettable dining experience for your event or wedding, then Justins Catering and Event Production is the perfect fit. Not only do we specialize in unique and adventurous flavor pairings, wine-paired dinners using only the freshest, seasonal ingredients, but we also handle every fine detail of event planning. At Justins we are extremely passionate about what we do and pride ourselves on being able to provide you and your guests a truly memorable event.
- Private Party Facilities: Our private wine room seats 30 comfortably and we can accommodate larger parties in a separate area of the restaurant. The Pizza room seats 50 and the main dining can accommodate 80 for seated dining and more for cocktail receptions. Give us a call and let us help plan for your special event.
- Private Party Contact: Todd Kerkhof 4086385330x
A word from Justin's Restaurant
The restaurant, four years in the making, just had its public opening on March 5, 2013. Located on Homestead Road in Santa Clara, the restaurant is a meeting of the quality of fine dining with the casualness and price of less-expensive restaurants. The seasonally rotating menu will feature items that would please any foodie there are even gourmet pizzas cooked in a custom wood-fire oven,the restaurant’s bar, features various microbrews on tap and hand-picked wines from local vintners, as well as a quality collection of spirits and wines offered by the glass. In the lobby, guests are greeted by items of cooking nostalgia, such as an old scale and collections of vintage cookbooks resting on shelves. The wine cellar and bar were also projects constructed with a specialized wine rack that holds the bottles neck-side-down. A board holding various antique bottle openers from Chef Perez’s late father’s collection hangs outside the cellar door for decoration.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Justin's Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Santa Clara ›
Justin's Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
48 reviews since June 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (37)fit for foodies (32)special occasion (25)romantic (20)good for groups (19)notable wine list (12)vibrant bar scene (9)late-night find (6)great for lunch (5)kid-friendly (5)hot spot (5)Show More
- good experience, tastyLisawskiVIPDined on 12/28/2013i think what surprised me the most is that Justin's wasn't busier. i know its in a slightly weird location, especially for dinner, but the food was really good, good choices for vegetarians and its got a sleek feel to the space that is inviting. I took home part of my Cauliflower steak dish and even as leftovers it was delicious. they change out the menu with the seasons, so I'm looking forward to going back and seeing what is new!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- awesome foodyumyumDined on 12/19/2013the mussles are the most amazing I have ever had. I crave them every day! You must try these. I also had the appetizer sliders for my dinner and that plus the muscles was plenty for me. I've also had the buffalo burger which was delicious.Special Features:
- excellent food excellent serviceElenadDined on 12/18/2013The Santa Clara restaurant scene was quite bleak before Justin opened. I'm so grateful to have something close enough to the university that I can meet university employed friends for a lovely lunch, and they still get back to the office on time. The servers were friendly, helpful, but unobtrusive. We got the best available table, fast service, lovely pear salad for me, meltingly tender risotto and green beans for my friend, everything very fresh, artfully arranged and quickly served. It is a large space and can accommodate a crowd without problems. Goodbye Quizno, Hello Justin.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My friend and I enjoyed ourKayQDined on 12/10/2013My friend and I enjoyed our lunch, although the burger that we shared was very messy. The veggie burger was delicious and plenty for two, including the sweet potato fries. Service was attentive and very friendly. I would go back, but probably only for a special occasion. Menu and decor were very eclectic and interesting!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 2 year anniversary dinnerEduardoAndClareDined on 12/7/2013Justin's is clearly a force to be reckoned with. There isn't anything that can compare within a 15 mile radius. The menu is seasonal and appropriately festive with it's decor and glamour. I found that most restaurants have a general theme, but this restaurant in particular has a chameleon like attribute. The theme of course being Justin Like a person the restaurant tries to embody the many idiosyncrasies of a person. The decorations and style clearly are linked, but you would have to be Justin himself to fully understand it. A large variety of "interesting artwork" that leaves you with much more to talk about than you would expect. My first time coming to Justin I was with my current girlfriend (future wife) and we loved it. Amazing food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time visiting Justin'sOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 12/7/2013First time visiting Justin's and we were all impressed. Service was excellent. Beet salad was great. All of our entrees were really wonderful (party of 6.) Drinks, desserts--everything great. We will go back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great creative foodChuchu6316Dined on 12/4/2013Was there for lunch. Will definitely return to try the dinner menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very HappyNeilDined on 11/29/2013I was impressed with the food. Everything was excellent and we had 4 courses. It is a great place to enjoy some amazing flavors with good service. I will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice PlaceRichDined on 11/22/2013A good addition to the Santa Clara U neighborhood. The nicest place in the university area. Beautiful and artsy decor with many good dining areas. An active bar scene with more intimate areas tucked away too. Good friendly service and an adventuresome menu with some surprises.Special Features:
- A welcome addition to the neighborhBobInSanJoseDined on 11/22/2013This was my first visit to Justin's, after being recommended by a friend. It will not be my last! Our party of four all ordered different entrees and every one of them was excellent. Chicken and salmon were moist and flavorful, the soup and pear salad were works of art! Service was excellent as well. This has just become my favorite restaurant in Santa Clara and I'm very happy that Justin's has added a touch of class to our neighborhood.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Justin's is fantastic! WentOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/16/2013Justin's is fantastic! Went with four friends we all ordered different entries. And each person said their meal was outstanding. Would highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service was great, and thedanniischulzDined on 11/15/2013Service was great, and the food was delicious. Perfect portions and great ambiance. We will definitely be going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- half and halfakAlumDined on 11/14/2013My wife's meal was fabulous - the sea bass. I had the filet minion and it was OK. My rice pilaf however was totally undercooked if it was cooked at all. The beet salad was extremely small portion. They were out of the salmon and no one informed us of this despite people coming to the table 3 times before we ordered. It was a special night out, and we definitely paid for that, but not sure I'd go again unless it was to the bar - which seemed cool.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner at Justin'sfinedinerDined on 11/14/2013The food was excellent, its presentation was attractive, and our server, Shawn, was outstanding. The fried pickles appetizer was an unexpected treat. I've never had them before, but they were really very good. Others in the party, who have had fried pickles before in the South, said they had never had them served so elegantly. Our dinner was with a candidate in a job interview, and this was a perfect place for a relaxing meal at the end of a long day, where we could make a final good impression. I had not eaten at Justin's before, but I will keep it in mind now for future events where I want to share a fine dining experience in an understated but elegant setting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedStephanieDined on 11/9/2013The service was awful. The bartender didn't make my drink correctly, and tried to tell us the menu was incorrect (a server even corrected her, telling her she was wrong). The poor service continued at the table. Our server was rude and short. She simply kept asking us "Are you ready to order?"After not getting the $75 bottle of wine we ordered, we asked for a manager. He was just as rude, never apologized. We decided to leave. I wish I could give specific names, but not one person introduced themselves. We will not go back.
- Good spot to eatRosieDined on 10/18/2013Service was very good. Food was great as well. I would not recommend it for a romantic date because the tables are quite long and they separated the two of us. I would definitely recommend it for large groups.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Upon arrival we had to waitVeryunhappydinerDined on 10/15/2013Upon arrival we had to wait 10 minutes before being seated. They were not busy, it just took 10 minutes for the host to return from his break. We asked the one server we saw for help, but he refused. We had the Osso Buco and the fish. I would not reccomend either. The meat in the Osso buco had obviously been reheated, and the fish was so covered wih bread in and sauces it no longer resembled a fish dish.
- good food, great server, odd tablessventoDined on 10/11/2013We dined here shortly after they opened and we found the food to be pretty good, but the service was bad. This time we had an excellent server. This may have just been a result of luck, but in general we were much happier. Several people found the sea bass to be delicious, I found the Osso Bucco to be very good, but the sauce was way too salty to me. (I'm a bit salt sensitive, so this may not be other people's experience.) One oddity of this restaurant is they have very deep tables. This seems nice, but in practice it means you are very far from people you are sitting across from and it makes it difficult to have a conversation with yelling. This seems like an easy fix, but since the tables are new I doubt it will happen too soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing DinnerShannahQuiltsVIPDined on 10/11/2013We had a really wonderful dinner at Justin's. We had the baked brie appetizer, and it was absolutely delicious. We were also served bread in little flowerpots that was so good, it needed no butter or olive oil. I had the pork chop, and it was amazing. There was a Madera sauce on the bottom, and a delicious pesto on top, and they worked together beautifully. I had the chocolate and banana dessert, and it was a complex treat of bananas, frozen bananas, fabulous chocolate cake, and a smooth caramel sauce. Justin's also has a nice lot for parking, so it's easy to get to. We'll definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!OctAnniversaryDined on 10/9/2013My husband and I had our anniversary dinner here last week. The food and presentation were amazing! We also had a fantastic wine with dinner. I would highly recommend Justin's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My guest from Holland andMiniDinerDined on 10/9/2013My guest from Holland and I were meeting in Santa Clara and chose Justin's based on reviews from Open Table. We were immediately pleased with the chic ambiance, the charming bread pots, and the large roomy tables. The server was patient and attentive. Our choice of Pork Chops with Pesto, muscles and artichoke salad was extremely satisfying. We were so pleased that this lovely restaurant offered us an amazing venue to share for several hours.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- low key but tastyJJfoodnutVIPDined on 10/5/2013No white tablecloths but some high-end selections. The tables are a little big for intimate dining. service was very good. The fried artichoke was too oily but the dips were good. The veggie option was a great find. the Caesar salad pizza was a cracker with cheese, chicken and salad on it. needed a pesto sauce. Loved the bread pudding!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Big Improvement!MPoloDined on 10/4/2013Gave the restaurant another chance now that it's been open for a while and was pleasantly surprised by the service improvements. Food was good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New Favorite PlaceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/3/2013We got word of Justin's at Santa Clara Vintage this summer. They served Tomato and Basil soup. My goodness, this was certainly the best tomato soup I have ever had! We decided to go take our son there just for that reason. He loves tomato soup. They did not have it that evening because the soups change everyday and/or week. We did try another soup they had and that was delicious. They bring you out some warm bread in individual pots, super cute! Of course my 7 year old got excited about something and his elbow hit his off the table and the people there were so sweet, told him that was okay and brought him out a new one. Every time we're looking for something to eat, if I mention Justin's we all get very happy and want to go!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Ambience and Servicenew4lunchDined on 10/3/2013I went to lunch at Justin's for the first time for a business meeting. I love having a restaurant of this calibre near the University. The ambience was terrific and the staff was very friendly and helpful. Lunch started with a very nice dinner roll in a clay pot. It was a fun way to start lunch and it was delicious. I choose the chicken panini with fries. The fries were very good, but I found the pesto sauce on the panini to be overwhelming. I was very spicy and there was a substantial amount which distracted from the sandwich. I was unable to finish it. I will return in the future to try another dish and hope for the best. Lunch was a little pricey, so it may be one of my occasional lunch sites rather than a regular lunch spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Pricy.SiliconValleyDinerVIPDined on 10/2/2013Limited Menu and way to expensive. A friend of mine has tried it five times, and he is done.
- Justin Hits The High MarkCarolynDined on 10/1/2013We had a mutual birthday lunchat Justin's this week. The vegetarian entrees were delicious, so delicious that we had no room left for dessert. Our server brought us beautifully presented tiny scoops of ice cream with Happy Birthday written in chocolate on the plate. It couldn't have been more appropriate. I enjoyed Restaurant O and have had four meals at Justin's. Each was great but this time the server practiced the definition of superb service. We were there October 1, our server was Jessica. Thanks for making this a special birthday!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So Glad Justin is back!!bonjimgDined on 9/25/2013A very special b'day celebration. Appetizer- asparagus wrapped w/prosciutto (not salty at all) & grilled, dreamy pork chop (fabulous sauce, had to get a spoon to clean my plate. My husband had linguini from the sea dish with tons of seafood cooked to perfection, more linguini than he could finish. We could've shared this dish. With no room for dessert, got a surprise from the chef...just enough ice cream & white chocolate birthday greetings on the plate that I of course finished! We believe the sauce master is back and if you remember/loved Restaurant O in Campbell, Justin's new menu choices go back to those days. Have to give a shout out to Chris the bartender too...friendly and efficient with a daily Art of Zen cocktail you should try!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice place, excellent foodPacPeteDined on 9/21/2013The appearance from the outside lends itself to an "institutional chain", but the food and service were excellent. Recommended.Special Features:
- Great Food!MikeDined on 9/20/2013I went to Justin's for dinner the other night and the entire group left completely satisfied. We made a reservation before hand and were able to come in and sit right down. Great food and great service. We will definitely be returning soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great service - mediocre foodOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 9/20/2013We went here twice. The first time I didn't realize they had burgers, pizzas and such so thought we'd give that a try. Unfortunately everything from their appetizers to their desserts are mediocre and we so wanted to love this place. There is nothing I would go back for and order a second time. The service was outstanding but the food was nothing to rave about. Highly disappointed.
- enjoyed our meal hereOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/17/2013Very attentive waiter, the restaurant was almost full. Noise level was pretty high. The food was good, not anything really special, special. Wine list could be a bit better.Special Features:
- My sea bass was excellentOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 9/13/2013My sea bass was excellent and the desserts were yummy! My only complaint is that the mussels were small and a touch overcooked. The waitress was perfect - attentive but not overwhelming.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Justin's was perfect choicedinerproDined on 9/4/2013Justin's was perfect choice for my friend's birthday. She had never been there and it was important to make an awesome impression in all regards. Service is consistently always top notch. Enjoyed cocktails in the bar before dinner. We did have one of the best selling appetizers, curly tempura asparagus, but this time I felt the tempura batter was too heavy. The taste of the asparagus did not stand out. Dinner started with the grilled watermelon which was outstanding....perfect combo of sweet and salty. Crusted sea bass entree was a satisfying portion, and yummy, but the crusting was over-salted for my taste. Will continue to frequent Justin's.......the menu is always enticing and delicious and keeps this foodie coming back for more.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood Gem!BonnieVIPDined on 8/31/2013This is the first time we have been to Justin's and it was fantastic. It is in our neighborhood and we have been awaiting it's opening. We were not disappointed. The food is fabulous. They will be having outside seating soon and we are very much looking forward to that. We will definitely frequent this restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Justin's for a nice night outSanVinDined on 8/24/2013Very positive experience - good food, good wine, very cool bar and atmosphere, friendly serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/24/2013We went to Justin's to celebrate our anniversary. We had a very nice experience. Excellent service. We ordered appetizers: Calamari and Artichoke Hearts. Delicious! Our entrees were not rushed upon us which has happened at other restaurants. We were given time to enjoy our evening. Our daughter (16 yrs)was with us and she enjoyed all the dishes and the service as well. We mentioned our anniversary and they gave us a complimentary dessert which was beautifully decorated and delicious! We look forward to visiting Justin's in the future!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- confused?OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/23/2013Justin's fills the space that once was Wilson's bakery at Franklin Mall in Santa Clara, a somewhat unsubstantial mall in a quiet part of Santa Clara not far from the university's back door. Scanning the menu is where the confusion begins. There are appetizer plates, salads, and entrees ranging from pasta, pizza, and burgers, through fish, chicken, and meat - ranging from beef to buffalo. Entree prices ranged from $18/19 to $36, bur very few mid-price alternatives - fish and chicken. The food was properly prepared, though the chips with burgers are uninspiring. It is not clear if Justin's wants to be a diner, a bistro, or a destination dining experience. My son described it as "old school" but my view - it is unsure of its personality.I would recommend this to a friend.
- With they were in my home townOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 8/3/2013We were visiting the San Jose / Santa Clara area for one night. We found Justin's on Open Table and were very pleased that we did. Our Server was enthusiastic and amazing; When the Manager came by to ask how we were enjoying our meal, she was engaging, not just the obligatory ask. After spending a few minutes with us, she came back from the Kitchen with Justin. Our meals were not only extremely well presented, but everything came out hot...we could tell that the great attention that was being paid to us was also being paid to our meals. Justin's Restaurant will be a must visit on our return to Santa Clara!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Eclectic AND deliciouscestbonDined on 8/2/2013I had seen a review about "Justin's" complaining about the myriad of choices in the menu and a seeming lack of identity due to the variety of dishes. I disagree, especially since the delicious nature of these varying selections was clearly exhibited around our table. We were a group of seven, and the selected meals ranged from a burger, to pizza, to a 16 oz steak. I think the FACT that there was something to appease differing tastes is a plus, and I think the variety IS the identity. For now. If Justin decides to change the menu in the future, that's fine, too. The wines were delicious as well. And the desserts! OMG. All in all, it was a great time, and everyone was glad to have attended.Special Features: