1285 Homestead Rd.
Santa Clara, CA 95812Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.chefjustinperez.com/
- Phone: (408) 638-5300x
- Hours of Operation:
Tuesday -Thursday 4:00 PM to 8:45 PM
Friday 4:00 PM to 9:45 PM
Saturday 4:00 PM to 9:45 PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Mediterranean, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Justin Perez
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: If you consider yourself a foodie and dream of an out of the ordinary, sophisticated and unforgettable dining experience for your event or wedding, then Justins Catering and Event Production is the perfect fit. Not only do we specialize in unique and adventurous flavor pairings, wine-paired dinners using only the freshest, seasonal ingredients, but we also handle every fine detail of event planning. At Justins we are extremely passionate about what we do and pride ourselves on being able to provide you and your guests a truly memorable event.
- Private Party Facilities: Our private wine room seats 30 comfortably and we can accommodate larger parties in a separate area of the restaurant. The Pizza room seats 50 and the main dining can accommodate 80 for seated dining and more for cocktail receptions. Give us a call and let us help plan for your special event.
- Private Party Contact: Todd Kerkhof 4086385330x
A word from Justin's Restaurant
The restaurant, four years in the making, just had its public opening on March 5, 2013. Located on Homestead Road in Santa Clara, the restaurant is a meeting of the quality of fine dining with the casualness and price of less-expensive restaurants. The seasonally rotating menu will feature items that would please any foodie there are even gourmet pizzas cooked in a custom wood-fire oven,the restaurant’s bar, features various microbrews on tap and hand-picked wines from local vintners, as well as a quality collection of spirits and wines offered by the glass. In the lobby, guests are greeted by items of cooking nostalgia, such as an old scale and collections of vintage cookbooks resting on shelves. The wine cellar and bar were also projects constructed with a specialized wine rack that holds the bottles neck-side-down. A board holding various antique bottle openers from Chef Perez’s late father’s collection hangs outside the cellar door for decoration.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Justin's Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Santa Clara ›
Justin's Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
55 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (40)fit for foodies (38)special occasion (28)good for groups (26)romantic (20)notable wine list (14)great for lunch (9)vibrant bar scene (9)kid-friendly (7)late-night find (6)hot spot (5)Show More
- MediocreOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 3/22/2014This is the third time we have been to Justin's and just as every time we have eaten here before, as we are walking to our car we say to ourselves, why did we eat here. The food and service are mediocre at best. The price for the quality of food are not in line with each other. I guess we need to give up on Justin's as it is not living up to our expectations and high hopes of having a good restuarant in Franklin Mall.
- Overall goodGFINowVIPDined on 3/22/2014The food was very creative and tasty. Generous portions. Service was OK. Will return to try lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I liked the food alot butOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 3/22/2014I liked the food alot but thought it was way overpriced. I mean, $18 for a cauliflower "steak" that probably cost less than $2 to make. Entrees all over $25. If the food wowed me, I'd consider going backk but the food did not wow me.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really wanted to like this, but...Dolphin781VIPDined on 3/21/2014Sorry, I can't recomment this one. First off, the tables are huge. You basically have to yell across, which then annoys the person next to you. Our server was very ho-hum. Definitely not friendly, but not outright rude. We started with the Brie. It was terrible. We didn't send it back, but should have. It was wrapped in a very thick phyllo type dough, and filled with dates/nuts. It was so dry, you couldn't eat it. To top it off, they serve it with dry crostini. Not a win-win. The entrees were ok. Kind of plain, and definitely over priced. The dessert was good, but again, not worth coming back for. We were really excited when this came in. However, I can't even say we will dine there again.Special Features:
- Good food (not excellent);OpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 3/20/2014Good food (not excellent); good service; a little too pricy for lunch.
- Although there is a children'sOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 3/19/2014Although there is a children's menu, I would not recommend Justin's for kids. The adult menu is lovely, but not kid friendly and the kid menu is quite bland. The good news is the staff is attentive and very welcoming of children, especially the young woman with yellow/orangish hair. We want a neighborhood spot where we can dine as a family with our 12 year-old son, but I'm not sure this is the spot. My husband and I love the food, but it's a little too much for our son. Good date night, though, and we'll definitely be back.Special Features:
- Buffalo Burgers! Yum!R101Dined on 3/18/2014I had the Buffalo Burger and the Sweet Potato fries. Both items were delicisious and well prepared. Combined with a glass of Malbec and you could not ask for a more satifying meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable LunchCarolynDined on 3/18/2014I came with a group of friends who had not been here before. They were pleasantly surprised as they had read the reviews and didn't expect such an enjoyable lunch. Our server was great.....thoughtful and competent.Special Features:
- Nice surprise. We weren'tOutandaboutVIPDined on 3/14/2014Nice surprise. We weren't expecting it to be so nice. Very imaginative menu and the food lived up to the descriptions. We look forward to returning. Nice bar area also.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious beyond wordsJB100VIPDined on 3/14/2014The food was unbelievable delicious. Best calamari steaks ever; awesome Osso Bucco; salmon, chicken and pork chops. Everyone in our party loved their meal. Nice quiet ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Justin's is now one of myHalseyVIPDined on 3/8/2014Justin's is now one of my fave raves. Near Santa Clara U is perfect--a real gem. I tried the Cauliflower Steak. What a surprising dish--lots of flavor; lean and mean. The mussels are always a must-have. I am a big fan of the flower pot bread, too. What a unique touch!Special Features:
- I only dislike the acoustics.lmnopVIPDined on 3/4/2014I only dislike the acoustics. Food is top notch, original, bursting with interesting flavors that compliment each other so well. It was a busy night so service was slow, but we'll keep coming back frequently for date nights!Special Features:
- Wonderful service and theanonDined on 3/4/2014Wonderful service and the food was exquisite. The pear salad wad delightful and the escargot was out of this world!Special Features:
- Pleasant Surprise. Will returnCoraVIPDined on 3/1/2014At the beginning, we're skeptical. We notice the dinning is quite big as we walked in. Love it. Dinning room is spacious. Bar in the front looks decent as well. Do not miss the bread (I guess it is Focaccia). They are yummy - salty, rosemary, buttery, soft). Escargot (in a Asian plastic spoon) is NOT in a pool of garlic butter sauce. But it tastes unique - Salty with a hint of chocolate ending. Mussels are small but tasty and grilled perfectly. Pear salad, NY steak and Buffalo burgers plus creme brulee are great. Service took a while to warm up. Seems like the chef cooks his/her food without a lot of salt and likes nuts. At the end, we adore our experience and will come back for sure. Highly recommend to friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New restaurant near the SantaSAVGMOMDined on 2/26/2014New restaurant near the Santa Clara University campus, but still had ample parking - open about a year witha complete menu we'd like to come back and explore. The Caesar salad was outstanding - we would come back just for that! The mussels appetizer was a complete meal and very good. Their stuffed burger was a little highly spcied for my tastes, but good. The sweet potato fries were fresh, not forzen, but I didn't care for the cinnamon spice. Didn't get a chance to try the desserts. Definitely worth return visits!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Experience at Justin'sReenersDined on 2/22/2014We had a wonderful evening at Justin's in Santa Clara. It's great to have such a wonderful neighborhood restaurant. All of the staff were friendly and helpful. Our dinners were delicious, we are planning on going there more often. It's a great place for all occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- hidden gemmisssoucDined on 2/21/2014Spent a delightful Saturday evening at Justin's. Not too crowded, so it wasn't too noisy. Dinner was very good : classic dishes with a reviewed modern extra. Music was great to create a good ambiance. Service great too. All in all the perfect place to spend a good evening without breaking the bank.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I would go backpiwacketDined on 2/21/2014What a transformation!!! I remember when it was Wilson's Bakery!!! Beautiful decor, great service and outstanding food. We started out with the mussels and the calamari - there were three of us - very large portions, more than enough. Then we had the entrees - all outstanding. Want to return and try something else on the menu.Special Features:
- 'meh' for fooddashSpaceVIPDined on 2/15/2014Went for dinner this past weekend and for such an expensive restaurant the food was just bad. Had the Osso Bucco which was 'meh' -- no flavor and consistency best described as mealy -- and my wife had salmon which was just layered so thick with some sort of Asian-flavored sauce that it ended up best described as just heavy. This is bad enough, but at this price point I expect much better -- especially with such a limited menu. I would give it one star for the entrees, but we did order a side of risotto balls which were good as was the zeppoles dessert. Plus wait staff was nice. Good thing the menu changes seasonally, because hopefully the next one will be better. That said, I'm not going to go back so won't find out for my self.Special Features:
- Unpretentious fine diningUSCLynnDined on 2/15/2014Hubby and I chose Justin's Restaurant for our belated Valentine's Day dinner based on Open Table and Yelp reviews. We were not disappointed in its food or service. We shared a mussels appetizer, which is served with drawn butter instead of traditional broth. It was quite good, though I did miss having some broth to dunk my mussels and/or bread into. The mussels were also on the small side, but the plate that you get definitely is not. There was enough on the plate to share amongst four people. Hubby had the peppercorn NY steak, which was also sizable and cooked perfectly. I had the duck with risotto balls, which I nearly devoured entirely. The portion sizes here are very generous and the flavors are potent. I definitely want to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good EveningRandombelstuffDined on 2/14/2014The restaurant has a good sense of ambiance and the staff is friendly. They are not slow but rather they are fast at what they are doing. The place smells a bit like fried seafood and alcohol but it is not too offsetting. The restroom is so clean I am wondering how did they do it. The foo dis creative and the portion is really generous for the price they posted. It is delicious too from appetizer to dessert it is all very special in its own way.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food at resonable pricesVdayDinner14Dined on 2/14/2014Great food at resonable prices when everything is considered. Service was great except a runner tried to deliver our salad to the table next to us. Fortunately, the diners at that table said that even thought they did order that salad, it was too soon after they placed their order. Our waitress came over and corrected it right away. Lucky!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love it!akodaVIPDined on 2/14/2014Great food, I love the bread (in a flower pot). Given that it was Valentine's Day, it was busy but the service was good and the tables are far enough apart to not feel crowded.Special Features:
- Freshman playing in a Senior LeagueNomnomnomDined on 2/14/2014For appetizers we got the duck lavosh rolls and the pear salad. The duck was cooked well, but it lacked seasoning, the Pear salad was fun to look at, but it was dry. I think the chef just under dressed it, so it was great to look at but was on the dry side. For dinner I we ordered the osso buco and the new york steak. The steak was cooked perfectly !!! The purple potatoes were fun to look at, but had a weird texture and lacked seasoning. The osso buco was slightly dry, but the demi-glaze sauce helped to cover it up. The cheesy risotto was awesome, like homemade mac and cheese. If I paid $60-70 I would have been very happy with the meal, but for twice that I want something that is amazing, not just mediocre.
- Pleasant surprisesDeanDined on 2/13/2014First time i lived escargot!! Ginger beer vodka cocktail yummy Special fresh bread rolls a treat Great fruendly service even though packed Will return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulGigglesDined on 2/8/2014Had dinner with friends and the food was fabulous. Our waitress was very good and always checking on us. We just love this place!Special Features:
- New Menu Is GREAT!Rocky35VIPDined on 2/4/2014Went with 2 other couples and ALL were blown away. New items include Calamari Scamp and Petrale Solei (both perfectly prepared), Duck Breast (one of the best I have had) as well as old favorites like Osso Bucco and Roasted Mussels. If you like Escargot, you must try Justin's - it's not like any you have ever had before and puts the standard garlic butter to shame.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Justin's great, fresh ingedientsJimSJVIPDined on 2/1/2014Great braised short ribs, pear green salad was fresh and flavorful, good wines by the glass.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Step up for Santa ClaraOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 1/30/2014Every dish was very tasty. Escargot were amazing and a surprise. Wine by the glass selection a bit weak and service seemed distracted. It is however on the whole a significant improvement on the usual faire offered around the campus. I only hope the prices, fair but closer to what one finds in SF, will not limit the growth and success of the place.Special Features:
- To Die For Short RibsFoodieDined on 1/25/2014Service was excellent and the food was very good. My dinner was excellent and my husband's dinner was very good. I had the "to die for" short ribs. They were mouth wateringly delicious. The sauce was perfect, meat was so tender and the beets added a nice touch. The carrots needed a little more tenderness (I had to cut them with a sharp knife) but that didn't take away from the dish for me. We would go there again when in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gave burgers a try....kmbrDined on 1/25/2014We've eaten at Justin's several times but always had entrees - we were in the mood for something different & decided to try Justin's for burgers/sandwiches. We weren't disappointed! I had the carmelized onion burger & hubby had the french dip - both were great and quite simply HUGE! I had ordered the soup (which was a beef barley - very good, flavorful) and he had a goat cheese salad which was delightful. We split a spumoni ice cream dessert (I had 1 bit - not my fave!) but Mr kmbr loved it. He's a spumoni fan, I'm not. As always, excellent service great drinks from the bar.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love Justin's !bonjimgDined on 1/17/2014Had a delicious dinner with friends Friday night. Robert was our server and he did a great job. Chris the bartender knows just how to fix a scotch and water too! We all had mussels - even licking the shells - and the wines were wonderful. Two shared a fish dish with pomegranate seeds and a minimal sauce that looked great. I had the short ribs and they were the best ever. The sauce was worth asking for a spoon so none went back to the kitchen and the ribs were fall off the bone tender, needing a fork only. We skipped dessert this time, but will be back for another masterpiece dinner from Justin.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Splendid service & FoodDineWCompanyDined on 1/3/2014All I have to say is that the staff here are very nice, food plating looks amazing, and just tastes great! I took my significant other as a romantic night out and Justin's' place just fits the bill: ambiance, food, & location. I ordered a pork chop and it came out looking amazing as well as how it was done just right. Not dry or overly done, slightly pink. As for desert? Creme Brulee was our choice and it'll be a favorite choice for future visits.Special Features:
- Expected BetterMAC2Dined on 12/31/2013Could have been a great dinner, but your employees really let you down. Upon arrival your Hostesses decided to seat us at a table that was directly next to the main wait staff service area. Even though about 60% of the table were open. They were gracious when we asked to be moved, but they did mention that they had all the table figured out and the later reservations were getting the open tables in better locations. Yes, we did have reservations also. Our server was MIA most of the time.Not sure if you have a busser but no one came to our table to take our empty soup bowls or our empty dinner plates in a timely manner.Some better training of your Hostesses & Servers along with some table visits from the Chef or Manager would go along way!
- dining experienceHaleyDined on 12/31/2013The hostess and our waitress were very polite and professional. Service was good, lil slow on refills. But if asked for something she was quick to respond. I would dine here again and recommend a friend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Definitely a Neighborhood GemOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 12/31/2013Justin's is a nice place to enjoy a very good meal. Lots of variety in the menu and very good wines by the glass. The service was very friendly as well. Enjoy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinner!kmbrDined on 12/31/2013We enjoyed our mini Brie appetizer - although it's not exactly mini! Apples, grapes, Brie in puffed pastry & crostini - delicious. I had the filet which was cooked perfectly and hubby had the Osso bucco which was fantastic - tender & served with an amazing risotto. We shared the pear tart for dessert & it was the only low light of our meal - good but needed some brightness (a bit of lemon) as is was almost cloyingly sweet with little pear flavor. I had a super fruit martini that I'd highly recommend! We will certainly be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FindKreskaDined on 12/31/2013We went here for New Year's Eve because it was close to where our daughter works and we could coordinate a New Year's Eve dinner together. It was not a disappointment! We were delighted with the food and the service. The dinners were fabulous and the service was genuine and excellent. The breads in the little "flower pots" were great and the mussels are the best I have tasted. Good wine selection. Last time we were at this location it was a bakery (Wilsons) who also made our wedding cake. The attention to excellence has obviously been passed on. We'll definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happy findHungryGirlDined on 12/28/2013We were delighted to find this gem away from the crowds on a Saturday night. The menu offered good selection, food was very tasty, well-prepared and well-presented, service was personable and prompt. The most off-kilter aspects were: the tables are too big for intimacy or even for a comfortable business conversion and seem better chosen for a restaurant that serves food family style, with lots of plates, and 2) the music selection does nothing to add to the ambiance, but just serves to fill the silence. Still, this is a place I'll look forward to returning to and will gladly recommend to friends.Special Features:
- good experience, tastyLisawskiVIPDined on 12/28/2013i think what surprised me the most is that Justin's wasn't busier. i know its in a slightly weird location, especially for dinner, but the food was really good, good choices for vegetarians and its got a sleek feel to the space that is inviting. I took home part of my Cauliflower steak dish and even as leftovers it was delicious. they change out the menu with the seasons, so I'm looking forward to going back and seeing what is new!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.