1285 Homestead Rd.
Santa Clara, CA 95812Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.chefjustinperez.com/
- Phone: (408) 638-5300x
- Hours of Operation:
Tuesday -Thursday 4:00 PM to 8:45 PM
Friday 4:00 PM to 9:45 PM
Saturday 4:00 PM to 9:45 PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Mediterranean, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Justin Perez
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: If you consider yourself a foodie and dream of an out of the ordinary, sophisticated and unforgettable dining experience for your event or wedding, then Justins Catering and Event Production is the perfect fit. Not only do we specialize in unique and adventurous flavor pairings, wine-paired dinners using only the freshest, seasonal ingredients, but we also handle every fine detail of event planning. At Justins we are extremely passionate about what we do and pride ourselves on being able to provide you and your guests a truly memorable event.
- Private Party Facilities: Our private wine room seats 30 comfortably and we can accommodate larger parties in a separate area of the restaurant. The Pizza room seats 50 and the main dining can accommodate 80 for seated dining and more for cocktail receptions. Give us a call and let us help plan for your special event.
- Private Party Contact: Todd Kerkhof 4086385330x
A word from Justin's Restaurant
The restaurant, four years in the making, just had its public opening on March 5, 2013. Located on Homestead Road in Santa Clara, the restaurant is a meeting of the quality of fine dining with the casualness and price of less-expensive restaurants. The seasonally rotating menu will feature items that would please any foodie there are even gourmet pizzas cooked in a custom wood-fire oven,the restaurant’s bar, features various microbrews on tap and hand-picked wines from local vintners, as well as a quality collection of spirits and wines offered by the glass. In the lobby, guests are greeted by items of cooking nostalgia, such as an old scale and collections of vintage cookbooks resting on shelves. The wine cellar and bar were also projects constructed with a specialized wine rack that holds the bottles neck-side-down. A board holding various antique bottle openers from Chef Perez’s late father’s collection hangs outside the cellar door for decoration.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Justin's Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Santa Clara ›
Justin's Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
54 reviews since July 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (40)fit for foodies (37)special occasion (25)good for groups (22)romantic (18)vibrant bar scene (12)notable wine list (12)late-night find (6)hot spot (5)great for lunch (4)kid-friendly (4)Show More
- AnngreatdishDined on 10/25/2014Jennifer provided excellent service. Food was delicious and all the wait staff attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JustinsOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/24/2014Great undiscovered gem! Wonderful menu selections that aren't the same old boring thing! Nice ambience, and great service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wow! Tucked away in Santa ClaraShockVIPDined on 10/17/2014We were surprised to see this in Santa Clara, and glad that we found this using Silicon Valley Restaurant Week. Justin's had great food, we were especially happy with the selections available on the SVRW Prix Fixe. A bonus is that almost all of it is gluten-free, but ask just to be sure. Service was good, but not great. With a group, its always hard since we are all desiring something at different times. Justin's has many spaces, some big, some small, that make group gatherings easy to accommodate.Special Features:
- A gemLINKVIPDined on 10/17/2014Our experience at Justin's was great. The food is delicious. The menu is fun. There is a twist on the name of each item on the menu and the chef is very creative in both the combination of food on the plate and its presentation. The tables are large and set far enough apart so that you actually have plenty of room for food and drink and can talk at a normal level because you are not on top of your neighbor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dissappointed dinerbirthdaygirlDined on 10/17/2014Reservations for 5 pm; place was empty but took 1 1/2 hrs for dinner and we had to request dessert to go since we had event at 7. Food more presentation and sauces than flavor. Potato chip crusted fish was potato chips on top with sweet sauce--not good. Oso Bucco was not as well cooked as raved about. Prices very high.
- Pleasant SurpriseOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/15/2014The staff had a special kind of friendliness starting as soon as we walked in the door. My linguine was great, the steak was a little disappointing. I will go back again the chance I haveSpecial Features:
- Tweaking Still Needed - Not All BadSmithFamilyVIPDined on 10/3/2014We visited Justin's on Friday evening and was able to get a reservation with no problem. Tables are large, but very close to other tables (it was difficult to get on the bench seat). Service was initially slow before even drinks orders were taken, but allowed for us to know what we wanted and we ordered at one time. The food was a hit or miss. Some of the dishes (the cream of broccoli) were spot on the best I had ever had, while others were just sustenance. My daughter ordered the pasta which came out uncooked (not al dente). Lastly, the service was slow, except the busing service. TOO FAST. Removing as you are finishing your last bite. Overall, I know that they are transforming and I will try again, but my antenna will be higher.Special Features:
- B dayUmeandDined on 9/19/2014No birthday treat! We were told you get a birthday treat if you do not order a dessert! So, do not go there for special birthday gatherings. There are so many nice restaurants that have a little bday dessert!Special Features:
- Awesome placeFarmerSeanDined on 9/13/2014Great neighborhood dinning. The food is very tasty with pairings you would not normally see. The chicken and waffles was very good, but the star of the show was the fish and chips. Big chunk of Salmon with thin sliced potato chip broiled on top to make the crust! Awesome dish, awesome restaurant!Special Features:
- Check Out the New Menu!!!Rocky35VIPDined on 9/13/2014The new menu is great!! They have added some small bites in addition to the appetizers that are large enough to share. The beet gnochi is FANTASTIC. They have lowered the price points for their main courses. Winners include the duck breast, pork osso bucco and the Garden Tower. Try it - you'll like it.Special Features:
- Wonderful eveningJohnDined on 9/9/2014Was there for speical occassion. Outstanding food with very good service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- InSearchofFoods2SavorDined on 8/30/2014Terrific evening at Justin's with great service and food. Location's access is terrific. It sure beat trying to find parking in Santa Row on a Saturday night. I had the Osso Bucco with the strawberry rhubarb sauce that was tender and delicious. My wife had the Skirt steak which was equally as good. The taste I had of the Pork Tenderloin in a Raspberry Glace left me thinking I'll get that next time. I was glad to hear they will be making a seasonal menu change soon which will feature some American classics with a twist including lower price points. That's enough enticement for me to be back soon. I truly appreciate the casual/fine dining Justin's provides in the south part of Santa Clara.Special Features:
- Birthday partydisapointedDined on 8/23/2014I set an open table for a party of 7 for a birthday and requested a quiet spot and advised we would be bringing a cake if they didn't mind and was told that it was not a problem. I expected a cut or setup charge, but there was not one. We were seated in a spot which turned out to be perfect for a family birthday. No one near us at all. Our server handled our table as though we were the only ones in the place. Totally professional and our dishes were not only on time, but prepared to perfection and excellent in taste. Their presentation is over the top. All dishes were towered and a work of art. We have now been to Justin's on four occasions and they have all been 5 Star reviews.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not the anniversary we wanted...TheBigRavioliDined on 8/23/2014Like the title says, "Not the anniversary we wanted..." I'm sorry but we have been here 3 other times before and they were good. Why on our anniversary do we get flat warm beer, poorly made cocktails, cold undercooked apps and a hair on my pate? This is very uncalled for and all we got was a sorry from the server and 4 free glasses of some really bad cold duck.. The manager Todd didn't even come to our table to say anything at all? Sorry to say this might just have been the last time we visit your restaurant.Special Features:
- SFvisitorVIPDined on 8/19/2014I visited with my 4 grandsons. We were all very pleased with our choices. the waiter was knowledgeable about the menu. The dishes were beautifully presented and the combination of complex favors were outstanding. A glass of Justin's pinot noir was delightful. I hope to return againSpecial Features:
- FoodandWineLoverFoodandWineLoverDined on 8/9/2014I have eaten here many times and will continue to do so. The menu changes quarterly or so which is a terrific way for the chef, Justin Perez, to incorporate seasonal ingredients and keep the menu fresh. On my most recent visit, I enjoyed the pan roasted mussels appetizer which seems to remain a staple on the menu. It's a very generous portion so I shared with a friend. Next I had the skirt steak in a delicious mushroom sauce topped with an arugula, cherry tomato & sweet onion salad in a light vinaigrette. It was great!! The sauce had lots of flavors going on but was not heavy which suited me well. The salad added a freshness. Dessert was blueberry lemon cake which was light and flavorful and also enough to share. I'll be back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GREAT FOODChristineDined on 8/5/2014This is our second visit and it was as good as the first...Special Features:
- Pleasant experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/18/2014We were excited to try Justin's as we were big fans of O's. We were not disappointed and had a wonderful dinner. The 4 of us tried the Risotto as an appetizer. The risotto was cooked perfectly and the blend of wild mushrooms and asparagus was great. One of the things I like is a menu that rotates seasonally and provides a new experience. It ended up that we had 2 of the lamp and 2 of the Halibut and the consistency of presentation made the first bite almost impossible, My lamb was cooked to perfection (MR) and the blackberry sauce delectable. The star of the plate was the garnish which was tempura shaved asparagus. My wife's Halibut was superb with a chili sauce that had the right amount of heat counterbalanced by the pickled pearl onions.Special Features:
- One of our favorites!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/18/2014We have been to Justins numerous times and have never been disappointed with the food. We've brought friends who have also really enjoyed it.Special Features:
- YUMYUMDined on 7/12/2014This was a family celebration. Everyone ordered a different entree and everyone was pleased with their choice. The presentation is suburb as well as the food itself. Very nice service and pleasant atmosphere. Would definitely return and bring friends.Special Features:
- Great dinnerPaulDined on 7/11/2014We really enjoyed the mussels; they were very flavorful and perfectly cooked. Our server was very attentive, and kept our cocktails replenished. The location has a lot of parking, too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Gluten free choicesGFladyDined on 7/11/2014This is our second visit to Justin's. The menu changes seasonally with favorites still available. Fresh local produce and well selected meats. One of our party said the risotto entree was the best he had ever had. The chef and staff are know what goes in the dishes. They will readily make substitutions to help those with allergies and have a number of entrees that will please gluten free dinners. The service is thoughtful, but not fussy.Special Features:
- Totally Fantastic!GreggersVIPDined on 7/9/2014The halibut was phenomenal! It was outrageously good. Our service was great as well. We certainly will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 116 reviews are from the Justin's Restaurant reviews archive.
- Justins The PlaceBlueGoatDined on 6/25/2014Beautifully decorated inside with a modern touch. Friendly and informative server which knew the dinning choices very well. It was our anniversary and a desert with “Happy Anniversary” was brought to us complementary after the meal. Much appreciated! The meal was fantastic and the wine was great. The server knew exactly how to present and pour a great wine. It makes a difference. The cost was not inexpensive, but it was worth it and we plan on going again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great with special food needsGFladyDined on 6/14/2014Most of the people in our family group have special dietary needs. The wait staff was extremely knowledgeable about preparation and ingredients. There were lots of good things to choose from and everyone was very happy with the meals. The waiter also made suggestions of restaurant favorites. The mussels appetizer really delicious and large enough to share. We were a party of five. High fives! We will be back soon.Special Features:
- Ready4DinDined on 6/7/2014Overall, great food. Prices reasonable. Ambiance nice. Uncramped, nice decor. easy parking. service a bit spotty.Special Features:
- I love this place..butdisapointedDined on 6/5/2014I am really happy to have such a wonderful restaurant in Santa Clara again. My only negitive comment would be that the young lady who served us never made us feel welcome. She was never rude or late to check on us, she just was not very friendly...maybe a bad day. I am not disappoined>>>will definitely go again.I would recommend this to a friend.
- PartyOf4Dined on 6/3/2014Very quiet at lunch time, wish they had more of a following for lunch.Special Features:
- catconsjDined on 5/31/2014Everything we had at Justin was delicious. The waitress was extremely knowledge regarding the menu items. She recommended the mussels and they were excellent. Would not have ordered them if she hadn't told us about them. Also had the ossa bucco . It was prepared perfectly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Santa Clara Specialty!LisaDined on 5/24/2014Justin's is a welcome addition to Santa Clara. The food is always good and plentiful. We'll be back for sure!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable lunchDisappointingVIPDined on 5/21/2014Although expensive (appetizer, two soft drinks, two entrees, two cappuccinos, 1 dessert for $100 without tip), it was worth every dollar! Food was fantastic - Shrimp wrapped in Italian Ham with jicama and a great light sauce, pastrami sandwich, quail, mascarpone pastries for dessert - everything was wonderful. It was not very crowded, and the service was excellent as well. I look forward to returning again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, weak dessertsnewbayseeDined on 5/17/2014Overall the good are excellent but the desserts were a little disappointing. The Gravlax is great, points for using lotus roots chips. The skirt steak is tender and flavorful, the bitterness of the arugula balanced the dish quite nicely. The creme burlee was good, but the color of it wasn't quite right. It wasn't a chocolate flavor creme burlee, so i wasn't sure why is was light brown. The chocolate covered strawberry have seen better days, the green stem was dry and turning brown. It probably sat in the frig for days.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for foodies in neighborhoodFoodDivaDined on 5/10/2014HI Wonderful dinner, experience and food. The only reason I didn't give it 5 stars on the food, was the lamb chop was a little too salty for me...Special Features:
- Great Dining for any occasionWeWillBeBackDined on 5/7/2014We went to Justin's with a couple out of town guests. We all had different entrées, drinks, and desserts, but we were all completely satisfied with what we had, and are looking forward to coming back soon to try something new (as the menu changes over time, so there is always something unique). Justin's is a great addition to Santa Clara.Special Features:
- Five Stars!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/6/2014Menu continues to change and impress! The seasonal choices are very imaginative. The service is the one area that could use a little improvement but overall we have been very impressed the two times we have dined at Justin’s.Special Features:
- No salt shaker needed.BayAreaBabeDined on 5/3/2014I give Justin's a star for creavity, and one for service, which was fine. But all the food was over salted.
- nothing specialfoodie62Dined on 5/2/2014I was so pleased at the service. We tried 2 wines before choosing. The bread baked in terra cotta pots was lovely. Unfortunately the food was trying hard but not very special. No plans to return.Special Features:
- Nice lunch!DietzVIPDined on 5/1/2014Great service and food. Menu offers a little of something for everyone and changes seasonally. I enjoy going to this resturant.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch with firend.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/29/2014I took my best friend here for her birthday lunch. GREAT food.Special Features:
- Not what I expectedLoveFoodDined on 4/26/2014The ambience was much more casual than I thought it would be. I didn't think it would be an extremely fancy restaurant but I imagined it to be a little fancier than it was because the way their food is plated and for the price. Besides that I thought the food was good. I ordered the halibut which I liked. It had a berry sauce over it and I was afraid it was going to be too sweet, but it wasn't. Had just a slight sweetness to it to compliment the seasoning of the fish. I'm normally not a sweet and savory fan but I liked this combo. I got to try the Osso bucco which was tender and flavorful. I also tried from someone else in my party the chicken. That was really good! The chicken was moist and very flavorful.Special Features: