Wynkoop Brewing Company
1634 18th St
Denver, CO 80202-1212Neighborhood:
Downtown / LoDo
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Wynkoop Brewing Company
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.wynkoop.com/
- Phone: 3032972700x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:00am - 5:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 12:00am, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 2:00am, Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 11:00am - 3:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Brewery
- Executive Chef: Michael Carrozza
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: We offer event space for every occasion: a casual after-work get together in our billiards room, a productive business day luncheon, the perfect cocktail party or sit down dinner, all set in one of Denver’s most historic public spaces.
- Private Party Contact: Tasha Wall or Hilary Hadden 3032979999x
A word from Wynkoop Brewing Company
Welcome to the place where LoDo began. In 1988, a band of urban pioneers, notably among them Colorado Governor, John Hickenlooper, took a shine to an unlikely building at the corner of 18th and Wynkoop. They wanted to brew beer and foster community. The place and the pioneers were an immediate success. The small-batch beers and the hearty fare replicated an authentic public house. Today, we are honored to be known as a legend. We work equally hard to respect our heritage and to remain relevant in our beautiful Denver home.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerLate Night Find
Wynkoop Brewing Company - Best Restaurants in Downtown / LoDo ›
Wynkoop Brewing Company reviews from OpenTable diners
49 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (20)vibrant bar scene (16)neighborhood gem (15)late-night find (11)hot spot (10)great for lunch (9)great for outdoor dining (5)fit for foodies (5)special occasion (3)great for brunch (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Went before a concert......foodBeeGeeDined on 2/11/2014Went before a concert......food was good but a bit slow to come out. Server was friendly but a bit scattered. Beer is always excellent.Special Features:
- Food was good. Service wasOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/7/2014Food was good. Service was great. Parking was a pain.Special Features:
- No Good Any More!cwdinesVIPDined on 1/11/2014This Restaurant used to be good, although their service has always been slow. They have cut down their menu to only a few items that are neither creative nor very good. Wound up having the cold mushy fish and chips. The arugula salad was not edible. Really sorry that we took our guests there. Won't EVER go back.
- WynkoopMaxwellDined on 1/3/2014It took a very long time for the food to be delivered from the kitchen. We were told multiple times that the food was on it's way, but it took nearly 45 minutes after ordering to actually see food on the table. Don't know who was at fault - server or kitchen.Special Features:
- Great for a big group on New YearsOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/31/2013We were very pleased with Wynkoop. I know that New Years can be very busy but we were very well taken care of. The food was delicious and the beer was amazing! We will definitely be back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New Years EveNEGirlDined on 12/31/2013They have reduced the menu. The portions are still large. The food used to be amazing, but with the menu change the food quality has declined. We had to flag down people get service even though the restaurant was not packed. Overall, I don't think I will be back. For the price, the quality is not there...
- Fun experience but...Anne123VIPDined on 12/1/2013service was super slow and we were hungry. They were out of their special beers and food was mediocre. To finish it up, we paid $25 to fill a growler (which is very expensive) and it was only filled 2/3 (which we only saw at home as the glass was dark) Overall, it was an interesting experience and I am sure it is a lot of fun with all the pool tables and games, but not sure we will be going back to fast.
- Not so hotxsxsDined on 11/27/2013The service was lousy; server in a bad mood. I mistakenly left my credit card there and when I went back to get it a few minutes later they claimed they did not have it! I cannot prove it, but believe the server was playing a trick on me.Special Features:
- Beer Tour PreggoMicroBrewPreggoDined on 11/23/2013I am a great fan of micro-brews and beer tours. The tour was amazingly insightful. We had lunch before the tour and the bar-service was spot on with recommendations from the servers all the way. I was able to enjoy this bar even at 6 months pregnant. The aroma of the beers were so clear that I could almost taste them.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food lousy serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/15/2013We waited at least 35 min for our beers to arrive, the second round was faster. Food was excellent.Special Features:
- A good Denver BarmsalsaDined on 11/2/2013Wynkoop is an iconic establishment opened in part by Governor Hickenlooper several years back. The beer selection is varied in styles, and the "pulled" IPA was especially good. Prices are very reasonable, and while the service was a bit slow, it must be mentioned that our waitress had numerous tables; service was not poor, but simply not efficient at times. I think that the bar is the place to be. That being said, do not expect a quiet table as Wynkoop is not conducive to that; I think that this is a great hang for friends to get together and have a beer; a wonderful Colorado bar, a fairly good restaurant.Special Features:
- Fair experienceSteveSDined on 10/22/2013Honestly, the place needs a good cleaning/scrubbing was my first reaction. Just seemed worn out. Food was decent, nothing to write home about. Pork Schnitzel was cooked too well done, red cabbage was fair, but no potato/spaetzel served with the dish - disappointing. Would not go back, nor would I recommend this place for anything other than a quick appetizer and maybe a beer. Why do waiters leave menus laying on the floor?Special Features:
- Below MediocreOut2enjoyDined on 10/12/2013Flat-iron steak was ordered medium, came rare-- only the outside was cooked, red in the middle, So if you like your steaks rare, rare, this is the place for you. Menu said it came with grilled asparagus, they didn't arrive with the meal. I had to ask the server where were the asparagus. She gave some lame excuse about changing the vegetable, but it didn't arrive with any vegetable. She did bring me some charred asparagus, though, later, The sweet potato side was under cooked chunks. Our waiter was not engaged at all, just wanted to get to the next table. I was having a conversation with him and he answered as he was walking off. The place was packed on a Saturday night, so I guess it doesn't matter what kind of service or food you offer.
- The new WyncrapTerryVIPDined on 10/8/2013I haven't been to Denver in three years and the last time I was here, Wyncoop was a favorite spot. It had great food and great beer. And while the beer is still fabulous, the food is terrible. The gastropub fare is gone and has been replaced by...I don't know now to describe it....horrible. I will still go there for the beer, but will go somewhere else for food.
- Beer is still good.DissapointedVIPDined on 10/5/2013The menu is different now and I must say, not very interesting. We had not been in a while and are not anxious to return. Service was not very good with waitress only showing up from time to time with little enthusiasm.
- Waiting foreverKertyMouseDined on 9/27/2013I love this place but .... The dining experience was good over-all but our group increased from 6 to 8 people so we were asked to wait for a different table. No problem since we made the change but when it took over 40 minutes we simply asked to be split into two groups at two empty tables across from each other. We were told no because they "didn't want us blocking the aisle between the tables"? We finally asked to see a manger and got the two tables.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a bit lacklustersuprsamDined on 9/22/2013The portions are small (except for the queso), but they are well made and had great flavor. Not my style of restaurant; a bit too stuffy. The Orchard Wheat beer was great.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Stay Far AwaydisappointedindenverDined on 9/14/2013Where to begin with this disappointing experience. The service at this restaurant was aggressive, pushy and yet still managed to make us feel ignored. Our server wasted no time encouraging us to try the more expensive items and encouraging us to add extras to our meals, but then disappeared and left our drinks empty for extended periods of time. When it came time to pay our bill, he brought us the wrong check. The food... lackluster at best. The Mac and Cheese with elk sausage was bland and the sausage, while spicy, was overcooked and chewy. The shrimp tacos were more of a shrimp salad with a couple tortillas buried under huge piles of shredded lettuce. Throw that together with a loud, bright setting and you're ready for disappointment.
- Brew Pub HistoryOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/10/2013Great place due to its history, their beers and staff.Special Features:
- Good beer, less so the foodLukkemvDined on 9/10/2013Good beer, less so the food or service. The food wasn't bad, just not anything to write home about.
- Dissapointedluv2eatDined on 9/7/2013The restaurant at the Wynkoop has gone downhill over the past few years it looks and smells rundown. We looked at the On line dinner menu when we made our reservation to find when we arrived a much smaller different menu and were told the web site has not been updated. The waiter had an attitude from the beginning we should have left then we ordered and were not impressed with the food I ordered port schnitzel which came almost black it was so burned cooked in a hot oil that was old as it smelled of old fried food. Our experience was disappointing on every front we'd eaten there many times over the past 17 years and are sad it's got to the point that we will not be going there again.Special Features:
- Always a good experienceIreneVIPDined on 8/25/2013Wynkoop has great brews and the food is always good. It's a great place for a quick dinner or lunch and the location is great for any downtown Denver activity.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The restaurant is up posedWhatwhatDined on 8/16/2013The restaurant is up posed to be a brewery and was out of five different beers. Service was slow and I'm pretty sure our waitress forgot we were there. Not good.Special Features:
- At least the beer was goodCocoVIPDined on 8/5/2013We waited more than 15 minutes at the hostess station before someone bothered to come over to greet and seat us. I mentioned we had open table reservations and the "hostess" acted as though she had never heard of making dinner reservations online and assured me reservations weren't necessary. The beer flights and specialty cocktails represented the best experience of the night by far. The food was mediocre at best and although the restaurant was nearly empty, our food was cold when it arrived. Since the waitress forgot to put in my entree with the others at our table, everyone else was almost finished by the time I received my food and, although supposedly freshly prepared, it was also cold.
- This is a nice place to goJoanneVIPDined on 7/28/2013This is a nice place to go for tasty food and prompt service before a ballgame at Coors FieldSpecial Features:
- Did he really say that?MileHighDinerDined on 7/26/2013The food was edible, but not great. When asking for the dessert menu, the response we received was that it wasn't very good and overpriced. On one hand, the honesty factor is nice, but to tell patrons this is bad taste. The highlight of the meal was the beer, which should have been a given since it is a brewery.
- upscale but laid-backOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/24/2013It is a good pub scene, with an easy menu. We enjoyed the beer and friendly ambience. The food was good pub fare with a decent variety.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always goodOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 7/20/2013Disappointed that they were out of sliders, but the alternatives were tasty. Great Denver lunch spot.Special Features:
- Great place for happy hourGus20Dined on 7/5/2013We were a group meeting for dinner after work on a Friday evening. I made reservations to ensure we had an adequate table. We had a great table and excellent, attentive service. The food was good and large portion sizes. Beer was excellent and our server kept the glasses full. We would go back again.Special Features:
- Great beer, good food.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/4/2013We've been to the Wynkoop a number of times, and decided to book for dinner on 4th July not knowing how busy restaurants in Denver would be. We were not disappointed, the beer as always was delicious (Railyard Ale) and the food was really tasty. This isn't a fancy food place, more pub style and all our meals were very good (pork ribs app., fish and chips, mac & cheese, buffalo burger, kids chicken nuggets). This restaurant is new to Opentable, so we wouldn't have been surprised to turn up and have to wait for our table - 10 minutes early we were seated immediately, which was a pleasant surprise. Service was attentive, the server wasn't super friendly, but efficient which is what counts. We'll be back!Special Features:
- There's a reason the owner is Gov.notimpressedDined on 7/3/2013Excellent food and craft brews steps from Coors Field! We loved the sandwiches and the kid-menu was pretty tasty for the kids. Service was amazing even with the pre-game slam of customers. A+++Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.