1327 Beach Dr
Victoria, BC V8S 2N4Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: CAN$30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.marinarestaurant.com/
- Phone: 2505988555x
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Sunday: 9:00am - 1:00pm
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 2:30pm
Dinner: Monday - Friday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Saturday - Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Seafood, Northwest
- Executive Chef: Jeff Kennliside
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: The Marina Restaurant can accommodate groups of up to 40 people in the dining room. The Marina Coffee House is available for private event and parties in the evenings, fully serviced and catered by the Marina Restaurant. Booking of The Marina Coffee House also provides access to the expansive deck.
- Private Party Contact: Guest Services 2505988555x
A word from Marina Restaurant
Enjoy the fresh tastes of the West Coast in a spectacular waterfront setting at the Marina Restaurant. The award-winning Marina Restaurant is a local favourite for delicious seafood, regional cuisine and Sunday Brunch. If you’re in the mood for sushi, our sushi bar can’t be beat.Continued
With sweeping views of Mt. Baker and the Straits of Juan de Fuca, the Marina Restaurant at the Oak Bay Marina offers a feast for all your senses.
With sweeping views of Mt. Baker and the Straits of Juan de Fuca, the Marina Restaurant at the Oak Bay Marina offers a feast for all your senses.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Marina Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Victoria ›
Marina Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
146 reviews since July 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (133)special occasion (93)great for brunch (50)great for lunch (45)romantic (45)neighborhood gem (45)fit for foodies (41)good for groups (36)notable wine list (31)kid-friendly (8)vibrant bar scene (4)late-night find (4)hot spot (4)great for outdoor dining (2)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/11/2014Always a lovely place in which to dine and the only drawback is the acoustic problem. Whether its all the glass, high windows or what, it is often very difficult to hear conversations at the table. I'm sure that management has heard this before and there may be nothing that can be done to alleviate the problemSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch for out of town visitorMarinaloveDined on 6/10/2014I had company visiting from California, and wanted to take him to the Marina due to our past good experiences dining there. I saw that there were fried oysters on the lunch menu, but asked if I could have a few as an appetizer. Our server and the chef accomodated us and the oysters were delicious. My friend ordered a grilled chicken sandwich and I had the wonderful bison flank steak (med. rare) with soba noodles, bok choy, and shiitakes in a ginger beef broth........both meals were excellent......as was the server. Many thanks to the Marina for providing the perfect lunch, service, and setting for my friend's visit, not to mention the view. We had a window table. We (I) will return regularly in the future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food not quite up to the viewgourmandDined on 6/9/2014Took my Mom and nephew for a University Pre-Grad ceremony lunch and was disappointed in the quality and presentation of the food we ordered. Size of serving was also a bit on the small side. The ambience and view here is spectacular...so really the food could match and you would have a winning combination. I think if this restaurant hires a more capable chef and sous chef..then they are off to the races!Special Features:
- PartiesDennyDined on 6/4/2014Ten guests and I celebrated a friend's 75th birthday. Our server was very accommodating, cheerful and attentive. The view is great. The food was good. The room became very loud so discussion was a problem for our table, and I'm sure for all those around us. Too bad separate party rooms with great views aren't available. A few more reasonably priced wines would be nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingYalezackyDined on 6/2/2014Sushi was excellent as always. The mains and appies are still too pricey. Two Spot Prawns for $20 is an over-priced insult. But what would I know? I'm a local.Special Features:
- I hoped it would be betterZonicanDined on 5/29/2014We went with expectations of a great meal with the new chef. His signature halibut cheeks were overdone and my sablefish was mushy - must have been frozen and then thawed. We will try it again but overall hoped for better.Special Features:
- Lunch with a guest from OntarioOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/29/2014Having had previous experience with the Marina for lunches we reserved a luncheon for a visitor from Ontario, knowing the scenic view, but also hoping for spotted prawns as they were in season. We received a call in response telling me that the prawns were on the dinner menu, not for lunch. When we arrived we found to our delight that the chef had added a lunch special pasta with spotted prawns. Our guest was impressed and we had a most enjoyable lunch on pall counts.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fabulous food as alwayssilverfox16Dined on 5/27/2014Great food, fab view, service was a little slow. Had to ask twice for my tea! No offer of refill! For fot to give back my loyalty card, had to ask for it. Service was slow and it wasn't that busy. But, yes, I would go back!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LunchMidoriDined on 5/24/2014We have always loved the Marina for the food and ambience. We took our niece for a first time visit on Saturday. She was impressed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happily surprisedDiningAboutDined on 5/23/2014We have eaten at The Marina several times over the last year but not in the last few months. I was happy to see the new menus. The lamb (I know not everyones favourite) was wonderful. The serving size was sufficient but left just enough room for the three of us to each try a new dessert. Really hard to pick a favourite, though if I had to the dessert of the day and the chevre cheesecake with lemon curd were hard to beat. Our server Mitchell, was friendly, knowledgeable and helpful about the menus. Will definitely be returning. The view is wonderful. We enjoy eating there and choose to dine earlier as this restaurant is always popular and does get a bit noisier as it fills up.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- May-Babes BirthdaysManorlyDined on 5/20/2014A group of seven, three with birthdays in May, arrived with a birthday cake that was promptly taken to the fridge, and we were guided to our table where the pre-ordered two vases of flowers were already in place. The service was attentive and gracious even though the staff were challenged with about double the number of guests that had been anticipated for the evening. It was a remarkably pleasant experience.Special Features:
- Service is slowtacoVIPDined on 5/19/2014We went there for victoria day lunch at noon, there was not too many people when we arrive. We ordered one appertizer and 4 main courses. Waitress didn't offer bread and we have to ask for it after 10 minutes and the appertizer takes more than half an hour to arrive. They should improve their service.Special Features:
- Excellent Dining Experience!SteveSachDined on 5/18/2014As usual, the food, the service and the location are all outstanding and excellent. I've always enjoyed dining at The Marina Restaurant every time I'm in town I make a point of going there and they certainly don't disappoint. I was back the next day for lunch. I recommend The Marina Restaurant to all my friends and business associates to make sure they get to The Marina Restaurant for dinner. Oak Bay is one my favourite hide outs in Victoria and having The Marina Restaurant just adds to the charm and warmth of the neighbourhood. Extremely friendly and helpful staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food good but service not.Foodie3Dined on 5/18/2014Went for Sunday brunch and the food was good. Sat in a booth and did not get very good service. Almost finished our first plate of food before a server came to offer any coffee or drinks, maybe 20 minutes later.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great last minute find!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/17/2014My partner and I had just finished hiking and pulled up the nearest restaurants on Google maps. What a fabulous last minute find!Special Features:
- Great view, but mediocre after thatDeeJDined on 5/15/2014Celebrated a birthday at the Marina. The diningroom and scenic view of ocean are outstanding. The service was very pleasant and friendly. Unfortunately, the food was (as we'd remembered from previous times) mediocre at best. The Carrot Ginger soup was extremely good, but the salad very blah. I chose the Bento Box based on the reviews I'd read about the Marina's sushi. The sushi portion was very disappointing. It was not freshly made but much more like what one finds in a Supermarket. The Tuna Tataki part was tasteless. The Tempura was ok in flavor but was two chunks of onion clumps and one of carrot and the dipping sauce was awful. The salmon portion was ok. Overall not worth recommending or returning for.Special Features:
- Lovely afternoonJillHDined on 5/12/2014Food and atmosphere were delightful. View keeps one entertained but my mussels made me forget about the view.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious ExperienceBambina14caDined on 5/11/2014Marina Restaurant is in our neighborhood. We hadn't been back for a while, after having a few disappointing experiences. We were anxious to give the Marina another try, especially with Chef Jeff Keenliside back in the kitchen. We reserved for Mother's Day dinner for our family of six. We are so happy we went back! The service was efficient and friendly. Nice selection of creative menu choices. Beautiful, fresh seafood. Local vegetables. A fun kids menu. Our only snag, was with a twelve year old granddaughter with an adult appetite. She's not a fish or chicken fan. So her menu choice was the Grilled Certified Angus Beef® Tenderloin (one of the priciest items on the menu). Which she devoured! The desserts were delectable! A delicious evening.Special Features:
- Perfect spot for a special lunchVictoria1130Dined on 5/10/2014Came during the busy Mother's day weekend for lunch. Our server Mitchell was a young man who delivered friendly & polite service. W ordered the crab cakes to start, fish wrap & chicken burger w the featured soup (veg coconut curry), & oyster burger w/ fries. The soup was a tad over-salted. The fish wrap with the smoke paprika sauce (was cooked nicely, but as a personal preference, the sauce was too smokey that it overwhelmed the taste of the fish). The oyster burger (Breaded oysters were cooked to perfection-also a good size (3)), and the fries were nice and crisp. I didn't have a chance to try the chicken burger but was told it was a decent chicken burger. The view of the water & excellent service is what made this experience so great!Special Features:
- Experience w kidsWithkidsDined on 5/10/2014A good experience overall. My 6 year old daughter was given a kids menu but no pen or crayons to colour with. She wanted a burger with ketchup and yellow mustard but there was no mustard (just dijon). Service was very slow, especially waiting for the final bill. Service was a bit stuffy with a lot of strange use of "ourselves." Great views.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mom's Day LunchMamaspecialDined on 5/9/2014It is one of my Mom's favorite places to eat, so to surprise her I took her for an early Mother's Day Lunch, just the two of us. It was a great day. The food was delicious, Matthew gave us excellent service, the atmosphere and view was divine. My Mom had the best time. Thank you for helping to make my Mother's Day Gift Special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- bonvivantDined on 5/7/2014The great thing about the restaurant is the setting, the rest is marginal at best. Save your $$$$ and have a coffee on the patio.Special Features:
- Excellent!LuvperfectionDined on 5/6/2014Everything we had was amazing! We wanted to say special thanks to the Chef! The oysters, the halibut and the tenderloin were the best we have ever had! The atmosphere was also amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch at the Marina1eaterDined on 5/6/2014The Marina has always served good food. This was why I was surprised to find my Spinach and Chicken salad was a little on the greasy side. Despite this it was very tasty, but I wasn't able to give any feedback because our server didn't actually come and ask! When our waitress came back to us she brought dessert menus. Upon arrival, the hostess thoughtfully gave us the option of waiting a few minutes while they cleaned a table by the window which had just been vacated, rather than automatically taking us to the table in the middle which had been allocated to us. Still love the place. I hope the standard keeps up.Special Features:
- Double B-day celebrationOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/3/2014My husband and youngest son were celebrating their b-day. We know that The Marina has always being consistent with their quality of service and of their food. We were not disappointed. Great atmosphere!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/30/2014We had a very enjoyable lunch, enjoyed the spectacular view and will be back - but - we were both quite cold all during the meal. Next time will bring even more layers of clothing as this very same thing has occurred on the last two visits (over a long period of time). Also, my white wine was lukewarm and when I complained of this was offered a glass of ice. Not acceptable for the Marina. Also, how about a scallop lunch that does not involve mac and cheese. Apart from these complaints it is a lovely setting with good food. Just bring more layers and hope the 'frig is working to chill the wine and glasses.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousjusttoastDined on 4/27/2014The best Brunch, with the best view I have ever experienced. Not cheap, but well worth the money!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/26/2014Appetizers were delicious: scallops, mussels, squid. Main courses were lacking for the money: beef tenderloin came rare when medium was ordered; halibut was dry; tempura brocollini was hard to eat and wasn't appropriate with the chicken, especially for a fine dining venue. Merlot was sub par. Our waiter, however, was amazing! Attentive, professional, friendly, well versed in the dishes and their preparation. He went out of his way to wish my parents a happy 50th anniversary, bring them a card and arrange for "Happy Anniversary" to be written in chocolate on their dessert plate.Special Features:
- Established ClassicOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/20/2014We took Mom for her 87th Birthday. She ordered rack of lamb, but couldn't eat it because it was tough. The staff handled the situation very well and brought her another meal. She and I had the halibut cheeks and my husband had the chicken -- our meals were excellent. I had requested a booth but we got the last one in the row and the view was not very good from one side of the table. I used to think of the Oak Bay Marina as a high end restaurant but was disappointed to see men wearing ball cpas at the table and people dressed very casually in jeans and running shoes. I realize this is outside the control of the restaurant but I have not had this experience in high end downtown restaurants and prefer to have both excellent food and ambience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/19/2014The table was great, although not ready for our reservation time.... service poor.... food averageSpecial Features:
- Great Seafood Restuarant with viewOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/15/2014I was in town for business and happened to find this great restaurant. Unfortunately the weather was not so perfect while I was there but there is still such a great view of a large marina and then the harbour beyond. My server, Alix, was so friendly and service and food were excellent. If i ever make it back to Victoria then I will definitely return to the Marina Restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not my usual experienceBigfoodDined on 4/14/2014it is a lovely setting and easy to get to. Usually the service is excellent and the food great. This visit, we were seated and promptly left alone for 20 minutes. Nobody offered to take a drink order and we watched others who came in after getting service well before us. The restaurant was half full. Finally when our server came, we were informed that my choice was sold out already, so I ordered the fish cakes. They were dry and not at all like the former crab and fish cakes this restaurant has had for a long time, and were excellent. It took a very long time for the food to come so while we had arrived at 12:15, we did not see food until well after 1:00pm. I usually really enjoy this restaurant, but this week it was lacking on many fronts.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely meal overlooking the waterCateDined on 4/12/2014We were looking for dinner after a round of golf. We were welcomed, by name, to The Marina, although the restaurant was quite full. We were quickly seated and found a full menu. The food was well prepared, and as described. We also decided to select a dessert to end the very satisfying meal.Special Features:
- Manitoba RefugeejazzdogDined on 4/10/2014My wife and I had a wonderful time at your restaurant. Slow paced on the food service was appreciated. Service staff varied and all were friendly. Primary waitress had a good sense of humour and participated in our food selection. The food was superior, my oysters were the best out of the three times that I had chosen this selection on Vancouver Island.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ReasonablemsorrorDined on 4/6/2014Food was OK. The place was nice and the service was good.I would recommend this to a friend.
- great serviceSisiDined on 4/1/2014The staff is very friendly and helpful -- we received excellent service. Wonderful menu, wonderful viewSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best place for Sunday brunchanalystDined on 3/30/2014Beautiful spot looking out over the marina , the water and islands. The restaurant is noisy, especially for brunch; installation of noise-absorbing panels would make an improvement..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner with friend after yoga!floradivaDined on 3/24/2014We three gals had a great dinner......we wanted sushi, but, wanted to sit in the open restaurant section rather than the sushi section and as it wasn't hectic yet they sat us in the restaurant section where we ordered off the sushi menu. Everything was perfect. Nice to see the place hopping on a Monday evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The fish is always fresh andVicnewDined on 3/22/2014The fish is always fresh and the service excellent.Special Features:
- I've always found the foodYoyoDined on 3/19/2014I've always found the food and service satisfactory. However, this last time I did wonder whether the server had more tables to care for than was manageable for one. The food was cooked au point and laudable , especially as a change from home cooking. As much as I enjoy the crème brulee, could you not do crème caramelle instead? Despite my query about the server being over-loaded, I have to say that it was all managed excellently well: my fish and chips were cooked au point, and remained crisp until I finished them -- wanting more!. My companion was equally happy with her choice, and actually ate up all her French fries, somewhat to my surprise.I would recommend this to a friend.