1327 Beach Dr
Victoria, BC V8S 2N4Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: CAN$30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.marinarestaurant.com/
- Phone: 2505988555x
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Sunday: 9:00am - 1:00pm
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 2:30pm
Dinner: Monday - Friday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Saturday - Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Seafood, Northwest
- Executive Chef: Jeff Kennliside
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: The Marina Restaurant can accommodate groups of up to 40 people in the dining room. The Marina Coffee House is available for private event and parties in the evenings, fully serviced and catered by the Marina Restaurant. Booking of The Marina Coffee House also provides access to the expansive deck.
- Private Party Contact: Guest Services 2505988555x
A word from Marina Restaurant
Enjoy the fresh tastes of the West Coast in a spectacular waterfront setting at the Marina Restaurant. The award-winning Marina Restaurant is a local favourite for delicious seafood, regional cuisine and Sunday Brunch. If you’re in the mood for sushi, our sushi bar can’t be beat.Continued
With sweeping views of Mt. Baker and the Straits of Juan de Fuca, the Marina Restaurant at the Oak Bay Marina offers a feast for all your senses.
With sweeping views of Mt. Baker and the Straits of Juan de Fuca, the Marina Restaurant at the Oak Bay Marina offers a feast for all your senses.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
Marina Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Victoria ›
Marina Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
171 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (156)special occasion (111)great for brunch (59)great for lunch (57)romantic (48)neighborhood gem (46)good for groups (43)fit for foodies (41)notable wine list (34)kid-friendly (15)late-night find (6)great for outdoor dining (6)hot spot (5)vibrant bar scene (4)Show More
- Warm and invitingalberta01bearDined on 7/17/2014We celebrated our 35 th wedding anniversary...we were served in a timely manner, the staff were friedly, knowledgeable and highly efficient in ther job. The menu did a disservice to the actual food delivered to our table. The food was exquisite, well prepared, properly seasoned and presented as if it were a photo take for a gourmet magazine. The seafood was fresh, tasty and delightfully wonderful as well as the paired wine served with the meal. The desserts were decadent and delicious. Staff offered to take photos of our special evening ....it was a highly memorable experience.Special Features:
- Marina RestaurantDaveDined on 7/16/2014Food and service were very good. Had halibut which was tasty but a very small portion for the priceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellant90birthdayDined on 7/15/2014Had a wonderful Surprise 90th Birthday for my Mother; relatives from Alberta enjoy the food and service. Everyone had a great timeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special Sea side spot1SeadogDined on 7/14/2014We enjoy the Marina because it provides a fine opporuntiy for super sea food which is well presented in a unique setting by a pleasant professional staff.Special Features:
- A bit disappointing.Butterfly59Dined on 7/12/2014The staff was friendly and obliging but attention to details were missing. The menu featured a lot of fish but wasn't very creative. My husband and I aren't picky eaters but had trouble finding anything that really appealed to us. We chose the crab. At market price, it was $45 each and came with a small coleslaw-like salad and a basket of French fies. We enjoyed it well enough but were a bit surprised at this combination of foods at this level of restaurant. We didn't have desert but the desert menu looked a bit more creative and interesting.nThat being said, the view is lovely and the staff are very friendly. I probably wouldn't go back for dinner, but might try lunch or their weekend lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A pretty setting for a nice dinner2onthetownDined on 7/11/2014A lovely setting on the waterfront away from downtown Victoria, the Marina offers consistently good service and menus. We were not 'wowed' with the taste experience, as one should expect to be when paying over $100 for dinner for two, but it was pretty good and we will more than likely return for the ambiance and attentive service.Special Features:
- Not so good this timeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/10/2014My "natural beef burger" was undercooked - still red and cool in the middle and was too big to eat easily, while the salads seemed small by comparison. The wine by the glass selections seemed expensive. The wait staff was trying too hard to the point of being obsequious. The large room was so loud and the tables so close together that we could barely hear each other - maybe it was the multi-table family reunion seated right next to us! We had chosen this restaurant because we had had a very enjoyable experience there just a few weeks earlier. We had had a pleasant, efficient server, well-prepared dishes and we had enjoyed a quiet lunch.Special Features:
- RobRytesDined on 7/9/2014An acquaintance had recommended this restaurant as a lovely place to have lunch. Consequently three couples from three corners of the province gathered to have lunch, to have a visit with each other and naturally to do a lot of chatting. The lunch items were all delicious, the setting was very scenic, but the chatting was a bit difficult as the "background sounds" made it difficult to hear each other sometimes. Over all, it was a lovely experience and we will definitely return for another special occasion.Special Features:
- GratitudeOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/8/2014Dined on Tuesday evening with out of town guests. Exceptional presentation of Qualicum scallops and the baked Fanny Bay oysters. Very satisfied with the salmon and halibut dinners and extremely pleased with the selection of Naramata Bench wines and the consultation with your sommelier. Met other out of town acquaintances there who had been recommended by the concierge at the Empress to their eventual delight! I miss your "dining on the docks", love your sushi bar and w/e buffet brunch and attend with confidence when we want a spot that delivers! Well done!Special Features:
- first timerBiffDined on 7/6/2014My first time going for brunch and it was fantastic! The food was amazing and even though I'm a Victoria resident the views always amaze me especially while have a fantastic brunch. The food was plentifull,great tasting,plenty of options and the dessert bar was to die for.Special Features:
- Limited lunch itemsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/5/2014Our reservation was for 1:30 for 4 people. They were out of two of the four lunch items ordered. We chose this restaurant based on the menu online, the items ordered were not considered a daily special, therefore should be a stocked menu item. We will not return.Special Features:
- BemusedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/29/2014I had booked a 1:45 pm brunch reservation on line (latest possible to accommodate a member of our party. Someone called and confirmed and said that , while it was later than usual, they would honor the reservation. I called again to add 2 to our reservation and was told that it would be best, in terms of food choices and the fact that we would end up being the last ones there, if we woul change the reservation to 1pm. I did, we arrived at 12:50 and were not seated until 1:30.....Special Features:
- All okfraserDined on 6/29/2014Ordered eggs sunny side up and it took far too long to get them to me as did an order of toast. Other than that all was OK.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthdayjojo2stepDined on 6/25/2014Sisters birthday...staff did up a card, window seating and comp. lovely little dessert. Very nice evening. Main courses (halibut) delicious but WAAYYYY too expensive. Nice wine list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great View & ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 6/24/2014Ordered the salad rolls - they were meh, not traditional and not very tasty. Company was great (lunch with my Dad...) View of the harbor lovely and good serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dine with a viewTravelfoodieDined on 6/22/2014We recently celebrated a milestone birthday at this restaurant. From start to finish the service was outstanding. We were seated by the window as requested, the knowledgeable staff helped us select a great bottle of wine and the food was for the most part excellent. A little hit and miss on some of the sides. The mushroom risotto was underwhelming and the halibut catch of the day was a bit dry, served with brown rice. We had to order more sauce to help it slide down. Dessert was their special of the day- a wonderful rich 'brownie' topped with ganache and served with caramel ice cream and macerated strawberries with fresh basil. Yum! I'd go back just for that! Great place for a special occasion and the view shouldn't be missed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MarinagarryoakDined on 6/21/2014We requested a table at a window, and some were available but not yet set, so we were seated at a very nice upper level table with a beautiful view of the marina and islands. The food was very good: shrimp bisque, scallops, halibut cheeks were all delicious and beautifully presented. The service was cheerful and unobtrusive, but the pace slow. We spent over two and a half hours at our table, which may have been nice for a more romantic event. However, our two elderly guests had a hard time making conversation over the surprisingly high level of noise in the dining room, so we spent a lot of that time silently enjoying the view and waiting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mixed experiencesGrahamDined on 6/20/2014We've visited this restaurant several times and each time we've had mixed feelings. Overall the food is excellent, good quality ingredients, prepared by a first-class chef. However, it really depends on what you order. Most of the seafood dishes we have sampled have been superb, but stay away from the lamb or poultry, each time it's been a poor cut, tough and either under or overcooked. Again with the deserts, overall delicious, but stay away from the black forest cake, they serve these cheap, out-of-can maraschino cherries on an otherwise high class desert that ruin it. My other complaint is related to the sunlight and lack of blinds in the dining area, the last two times we had to deal with direct sunlight in our eyes.Special Features:
- willydVIPDined on 6/20/2014Great service, great food great lunch. We will go back again.Special Features:
- Excellent choicenutritionistDined on 6/19/2014Excellent use of fresh vegetables and fruits to complement well prepared entrees. Attentive service. Best restaurant we have found in Victoria.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- best Sunday brunch!peggyharpDined on 6/15/2014We enjoyed the wonderful atmosphere, the great service and especially the food. There was a perfect selection of deliciously prepared food from in house cured steelhead trout(yum!), miso soup, traditional fare like carved roasts and eggs benny and very nice in house made pastries and desserts. We loved it!Special Features:
- Brunch for special occasion onlyFamilyof4Dined on 6/15/2014Food was decent but super pricey for a Sunday Brunch for what you are offered....would only go for a special occasion. Lots of other less expensive places with excellent food and service in VictoriaSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday brunch3newislandersDined on 6/15/2014We found this restaurant while looking for a new place to go for our Mother's and Father's day traditional brunch. We recently moved from Calgary, Alberta and Mother's Day seemed to be missing something special with no where special to go for brunch. We were very pleasantly surprised with the buffet and the setting. Our family tradition is intact! In fact, the food was better than where we used to go. We have already booked for another brunch in August. Thank you for rescuing a family tradition!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- eeksdDined on 6/15/2014We truly enjoyed our Father's Day brunch. The Marina restaurant is a great place where 4 generations can enjoy a family get together. Great company, great ambiance and great food. Never felt rushed and the staff were very attentive. Many thanks for a memorable time.Special Features:
- luv2eatDined on 6/14/2014Food was nicely presented, it was delicious and the staff were attentive, knowledgeable and polite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- June 13patsyjDined on 6/13/2014We had guests from Las Vegas and we were looking for some dining spots that were Oceanside, had great seafood and service. The Marina met all of our expectations including a wonderful window seat that I had requested. Our guests were very impressed and we plan to be repeat clients as locals!Special Features:
- Excellence by the seaFormerwestcoaster1Dined on 6/13/2014We booked a table for lunch to celebrate my son's convocation. I had requested a table by the window but was told there was no guarantee. When we arrived we were seated in the middle of the restaurant as the window tables were taken. After a few minutes two tables were vacated and I asked if it would be possible to move to one of those now empty tables. I was told yes and we were moved as soon as the table was set and the service was absolutely impeccable. I would highly recommend it to a friend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/11/2014Always a lovely place in which to dine and the only drawback is the acoustic problem. Whether its all the glass, high windows or what, it is often very difficult to hear conversations at the table. I'm sure that management has heard this before and there may be nothing that can be done to alleviate the problemSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch for out of town visitorMarinaloveDined on 6/10/2014I had company visiting from California, and wanted to take him to the Marina due to our past good experiences dining there. I saw that there were fried oysters on the lunch menu, but asked if I could have a few as an appetizer. Our server and the chef accomodated us and the oysters were delicious. My friend ordered a grilled chicken sandwich and I had the wonderful bison flank steak (med. rare) with soba noodles, bok choy, and shiitakes in a ginger beef broth........both meals were excellent......as was the server. Many thanks to the Marina for providing the perfect lunch, service, and setting for my friend's visit, not to mention the view. We had a window table. We (I) will return regularly in the future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food not quite up to the viewgourmandDined on 6/9/2014Took my Mom and nephew for a University Pre-Grad ceremony lunch and was disappointed in the quality and presentation of the food we ordered. Size of serving was also a bit on the small side. The ambience and view here is spectacular...so really the food could match and you would have a winning combination. I think if this restaurant hires a more capable chef and sous chef..then they are off to the races!Special Features:
- PartiesDennyDined on 6/4/2014Ten guests and I celebrated a friend's 75th birthday. Our server was very accommodating, cheerful and attentive. The view is great. The food was good. The room became very loud so discussion was a problem for our table, and I'm sure for all those around us. Too bad separate party rooms with great views aren't available. A few more reasonably priced wines would be nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingYalezackyDined on 6/2/2014Sushi was excellent as always. The mains and appies are still too pricey. Two Spot Prawns for $20 is an over-priced insult. But what would I know? I'm a local.Special Features:
- I hoped it would be betterZonicanDined on 5/29/2014We went with expectations of a great meal with the new chef. His signature halibut cheeks were overdone and my sablefish was mushy - must have been frozen and then thawed. We will try it again but overall hoped for better.Special Features:
- Lunch with a guest from OntarioOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/29/2014Having had previous experience with the Marina for lunches we reserved a luncheon for a visitor from Ontario, knowing the scenic view, but also hoping for spotted prawns as they were in season. We received a call in response telling me that the prawns were on the dinner menu, not for lunch. When we arrived we found to our delight that the chef had added a lunch special pasta with spotted prawns. Our guest was impressed and we had a most enjoyable lunch on pall counts.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fabulous food as alwayssilverfox16Dined on 5/27/2014Great food, fab view, service was a little slow. Had to ask twice for my tea! No offer of refill! For fot to give back my loyalty card, had to ask for it. Service was slow and it wasn't that busy. But, yes, I would go back!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 103 reviews are from the Marina Restaurant reviews archive.
- LunchMidoriDined on 5/24/2014We have always loved the Marina for the food and ambience. We took our niece for a first time visit on Saturday. She was impressed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happily surprisedDiningAboutDined on 5/23/2014We have eaten at The Marina several times over the last year but not in the last few months. I was happy to see the new menus. The lamb (I know not everyones favourite) was wonderful. The serving size was sufficient but left just enough room for the three of us to each try a new dessert. Really hard to pick a favourite, though if I had to the dessert of the day and the chevre cheesecake with lemon curd were hard to beat. Our server Mitchell, was friendly, knowledgeable and helpful about the menus. Will definitely be returning. The view is wonderful. We enjoy eating there and choose to dine earlier as this restaurant is always popular and does get a bit noisier as it fills up.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- May-Babes BirthdaysManorlyDined on 5/20/2014A group of seven, three with birthdays in May, arrived with a birthday cake that was promptly taken to the fridge, and we were guided to our table where the pre-ordered two vases of flowers were already in place. The service was attentive and gracious even though the staff were challenged with about double the number of guests that had been anticipated for the evening. It was a remarkably pleasant experience.Special Features:
- Service is slowtacoVIPDined on 5/19/2014We went there for victoria day lunch at noon, there was not too many people when we arrive. We ordered one appertizer and 4 main courses. Waitress didn't offer bread and we have to ask for it after 10 minutes and the appertizer takes more than half an hour to arrive. They should improve their service.Special Features:
- Excellent Dining Experience!SteveSachDined on 5/18/2014As usual, the food, the service and the location are all outstanding and excellent. I've always enjoyed dining at The Marina Restaurant every time I'm in town I make a point of going there and they certainly don't disappoint. I was back the next day for lunch. I recommend The Marina Restaurant to all my friends and business associates to make sure they get to The Marina Restaurant for dinner. Oak Bay is one my favourite hide outs in Victoria and having The Marina Restaurant just adds to the charm and warmth of the neighbourhood. Extremely friendly and helpful staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.