315 Waterman Ave
East Providence, RI 02914Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://2paulscitygrille.com/
- Phone: 4012287285x
- Hours of Operation:
Tuesday - Saturday: 3:30pm - 12:00am
Sunday: 11:30am - 9:00pm
Dinner: Tuesday - Saturday: 3:30pm - 10:00pm; Sunday 2:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Italian, Comfort Food
- Executive Chef: Paul Shire
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Dancing, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: we will make arrangements for large parties
- Private Party Contact: Chef Paul 4012287285x
- Entertainment: Karaoke on Thursday, trivia on Friday, live music on Saturday
A word from 2 Paul's
2 Pauls City Grille located at 315 Waterman Ave in East Providence is known for its neighborhood comfort cuisine. Diners can choose from a wide selection of cooked to order entrees, salads and appetizers. Our ingredients are the freshest and the best quality available to us. We offer a famous a la carte brunch on Sunday mornings. Daily specials are available at the bar and in our dining room. We also have late night entertainment Friday and Saturday.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
2 Paul's - Best Restaurants in Providence ›
2 Paul's reviews from OpenTable diners
43 reviews since May 19, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (25)good for groups (14)fit for foodies (12)special occasion (11)kid-friendly (8)vibrant bar scene (4)romantic (4)great for lunch (3)great for brunch (2)late-night find (2)notable wine list (1)Show More
- Great FoodsjgahhVIPDined on 1/18/2014This is a really good restaurant. Food, service excellent. Location? Soso. It is in East Providence not Providence. The chef is outstanding and owned some of my favorite restaurants: Oak on the East Side and Down City Diner. The meatloaf is wonderful and a signature dish. Our party of 6 were all very happy with our choices. The chicken parm could be shared it is huge!! We have already been here 2x and plan another visit. Hope the crowd finds this rather out of the way place. Worth the trip.Special Features:
- Group DinnerJosephDined on 1/11/2014Overall a very nice experience. Our group had appetizers, seafood, steak and kabobs. Food and service was very good. Mixed greens were fresh, fish and steak were juicy and done perfectly. Steak kabobs were a little dry. Server checked on us often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/10/2014The waitress was excellent, she was friendly and the service was prompt. The food was excellent and the wine and food prices were reasonable. We got the crab cakes which were presented with a tarter sauce and sweat potato fries. the meal was hot and the crab cakes were very good. I am looking forward to trying some of the other great choices on the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friendly and fun!FoodandFunDined on 1/4/2014Had a great first visit to 2 Paul's including delicious food, great service by friendly staff and wonderful live music. A great find if looking for a comfortable environment to relax and enjoy a good meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceDanteDined on 11/30/2013My family went to this restaurant just expecting to have dinner and found something very special. We were received with a warm and friendly greeting. Between courses we were visited by the chef. He was very sociable and very proud of his restaurant and this was reflected through the food. It was delicious and we cannot wait to go back to try other menu items. The waitress was helpful and spoke kindly to my 11 year old son. The child's order of Mac and Cheese was gourmet and tasty enough to be put on the regular menu. The beef was cooked to perfection and the vegetables were well seasoned. On this Saturday there was entertainment. A man played the guitar and sang. We sat two tables away and the music was neither loud nor distracting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great findFredVIPDined on 11/9/2013Wife and I enjoyed a meal on Saturday night. Hostess looked for us personally to welcome use because of the Open Table reservation. Nice personalized touch! Food was very good and we enjoyed the live music as well.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always...foodiesDined on 11/5/2013Always a delicious meal here! Can't go wrong, it's worth the trip! Go and try it, you won't be disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I was surprisedperfectDined on 10/26/2013Better than what I thought it would be. Improving wine list but still needs to expand. Table area was a little too cool !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Dining ExperienceDaniandMarkDined on 10/12/20132 Paul's delivered on great food in a casual atmosphere. The service was great. Would highly recommend. We will definitely be back.Special Features:
- First VisitPamnJPDined on 9/1/2013Well when we arrived it was apparent our 'reservations' were a joke, only two other tables had guests. The Host was pleasant as were all the servers. However the service for three tables full was poor. It took our server forever to attend to us. He was slow to offer a second cup of coffee and never came back for a 'two bite check'. He was cute as a button but never smiled. Way to serious at 9 A.M. Also another waiter was very buddy buddy with at a table and then a 'kitchen' worker came out to sit at another guest table. Nice to see but not very appropriate. The choice on the breakfast menu were excellent I chose the Crab Benedict and it was delicious. My friend chose the special mushroom omelet, they too were pleased with the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- food ok but SLOWDavidDined on 8/25/2013Family of 4 went for Sunday brunch.Food was delivered approx. 25 minutes after order given to waiter.This seemed long especially since the place was empty and the orders weren't anything that seemed like they should have taken that long to prepare. Food quality was pretty good though 1-2 of the dishes could have been served a bit warmer. After finishing meal it took awhile to find anyone to bring the check. Again,the place was empty so not sure where the servers were. Overall,it's not a place we'd revisit even though the food was good the overall experience was well below average.
- Another delicious meal...foodiesDined on 8/20/2013Once again we had another delicious meal at 2 Paul's. We all tried something different this time, which did not disappoint. And once again we had the Shrimp Mozambique for an appetizer...YUMMY!! Go and enjoy something on the menu that makes you feel "like you're home"!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Trivia and awesome food!LoveFromTheBeanVIPDined on 8/16/2013First time at 2 Pauls, our group came out for the trivia and the food stole the show. I got the bone in porkchop with mashed sweet potatoes, veggies and apple sauce. I almost licked the plate clean! I was a little sorry our server didn't tell us the kitchen was closed because I would have tried dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spottmlimaDined on 8/2/2013Been here twice for dinner, both times excellent. Food is very flavorful and ingredients seem fresh (nothing seems from frozen). Prices are also reasonable. Portions are large. The bread they serve when you order dinner is the best around. Best place for dinner in East Providence.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RelaxedhsomDined on 7/18/2013Staff was great, enjoyed the drinks. Most food items are good. some need more flavor. Brunch is awesome. The also have trivia at this place.Special Features:
- HorribleMBethDined on 7/12/2013I HAVE NEVER had a worse dining experience than this one at 2 Paul's Grille. 5 of us went to the restaurnat Friday night as part of restaurant week because their menu looked good. The food was just 'OK'. It was delivered to the table in shifts (when it finally came out--after an hour! ) Some items got sent back becasue they were not cooked as ordered. Other items were taken away and then brought back as the servers did not know what was part of restaurnat week and who ordered what.... We made friends at the tables to either side of us as they were having bad experiences as well! I could go on & on....but I am running out of characters. JUST AWFUL !!!!
- AWESOME2paulsDined on 7/12/2013We went for restraunt week and the waitress told us about it and I was sold. The food was awesome and we will be back for Friday night trivia. I had the Beef kabobs which were cooked to perfection and my wife had the chicken marsela which she reports melted in her mouth. The app. that we ordered was the shrimp mozamb which I asked for extra bread to soak up the broth. The cookies even were good, what a find. WE WILL RETURNSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sports BarSafifiedDined on 6/27/2013They need to figure out what this place is. Is it a sports bar, if so, knock down the wall between the dining room and make it a sports bar. It won't make it with the way it is right now. Sorry!