660 Lancaster Ave
Berwyn, PA 19312Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.30mainline.com/
- Phone: 6102202367x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday 4-9 Tuesday 11:30-9pm Wednesday 11:30-12:00am
Thursday 11:30-12:00am Friday 11:30-2:00am Saturday 11:30-2:00am
Dinner 5-9 Daily
Lunch Tuesday-Saturday 11:30-2:30
Brunch Sunday 10-2
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Bar / Lounge / Bottle Service, Continental, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Stephen Zurla
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Dancing, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Speak with our management team to customize your special evening.
- Entertainment: Acoustic acts Wednesday and Friday. Piano in the Bar Thursday Nights. Bands on Saturday nights after 9:00. The entertainment is tasteful and caters to the 30 and up crowd. We provide entertainment to provide our customers with a night out, not just the area standard. Dinner then go home.
- Special Events: We have various events including Bands on Saturday nights, Art Gallery Nights even a disco brunch. When making a reservation please ask what we have going on and let us know if you wish to be part of the event or seated in a quitter part of the facility.
- Cross Street: Lancaster Ave and Main Ave
- Public Transit: Berwyn Train Station
- Parking: Private Lot
- Parking Details: There is a private park lot for our customers behind the building, Street Parking, Various Public Lots at Septa Station, and On street parking as well. Additional Parking Courtesy of Malvern Federal After hours.
A word from 30 Main
"A Taste of the City on the Main Line." 30 Main is conveniently located across the street from the Berwyn Train Station. This spot is a perfect location and is the Main Line's only Restaurant Bar Lounge. This Contemporary American Bistro features has various tasteful events to entertain the dinner crowd.and keep the bar going after 9. Comedy Nights, Live Music, Girls Night Out and more. Have an after dinner drink in our warm and cozy lounge. The multiple rooms allow for a lively yet intimate atmosphere, perfect for family and friends, a business meeting spot, or a casual hangout. Our exclusive rooms are perfect for any private party or dinner, while we accommodate specifically to your preference. Upcoming events include Pro Football nights in our indoor Beer Garden, Art Gallery nights, Halloween Jekyll and Hyde Party, fashion shows, Disco Brunch, networking events and much more. The unique characteristics of 30 Main are what make us one of a kind on the Main Line.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
30 Main - Best Restaurants in Berwyn ›
30 Main reviews from OpenTable diners
46 reviews since June 25, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (25)good for groups (18)vibrant bar scene (18)fit for foodies (14)hot spot (12)late-night find (12)special occasion (11)great for lunch (11)notable wine list (9)great for brunch (9)kid-friendly (8)romantic (6)Show More
- Two visitsPollyDined on 1/2/2014My first visit was as part of a group of 16 women. The staff went out of their way to accommodate us even going so far as to give us separate checks. We were so impressed and grateful for their determination to ensure that we had a good experience, that two of us went back with our husbands. Again, we had a great lunch. I had the seafood risotto and the rice was cooked perfectly. I was so surprised at the amount of scallops, crab, shrimp and lobster that was in and on the risotto. That dish would cost twice as much in a more pretentious place but I doubt that it would be any better at twice the price.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Dining Experience!tbird1021VIPDined on 12/28/2013Went for the first time for dinner on a Sat night. The menu is fabulous. Lots of great things to pick from! My date and I each had a salad to start off with - 30 Main Wedge & the Crab & Avocado Salad. For our entrees we had a nightly special (veal) and the Seafood Risotto. All the food was all outstanding - including the rolls & butter! The service was very good - especially considering how busy all the servers were. The place was very 'lively' - lots of large tables. As other reviews mention, it was a little on the loud side - and got even louder after 8:30 when the live music started - but nothing that would keep us from coming back on a Fri or Sat night in the future. We can't wait to return! Next time we plan on saving room for dessert!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not what I thoughtOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 12/24/2013We loved the ambiance and the host was very attentive. The menu had nice selections. The salad was fresh and delicious. The Mac and cheese was hard on top and thick inside. The sweet mashed potatoes were delicious as well as the fries. The sliders were good. The biggest problem was the roast beef sandwich. The meat was tough because it seemed microwaved with the cheese stuck to it like a rock. Also the gravy that came with it was way to salty. Sorry to say but they lost our business.
- great brunch!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 12/16/2013came here with my family of 5 for brunch, service was outstanding, food was perfectly prepared, drinks well made... thanks for a wonderful brunch...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lamb Shank Falling off the bone!!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 12/12/2013We had dinner reservations for 2, my wife had the salmon special and I had the lamb shank special, both meals were absolutely perfect, Kudos to the Kitchen Staff!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome New Hot Spot!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/7/2013What a gem. The food is amazing, atmosphere great, people friendly and fun. It's also local for us. No long driving in traffic. Awesome spot we'll go there again and again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderfull Lunch MeetingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 12/1/2013we came in with 8 and everything from the moment we were greeted at the door until the moment we left, we felt like home. the food was perfectly prepared, even the Chef came to see how everything was. Service was great and we will def be back after the new year. ThanksSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodAustrianCountessVIPDined on 11/19/2013My husband and I had a very good dinner here ; service was great; everything was fresh and we will return.Special Features:
- A Neighborhood DelightRSVPVIPDined on 11/18/2013Nice to have a relaxing restaurant to go to in the area that offers good food & service at a good price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brunch was ExcellantOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/17/2013Came here with my wife for brunch... we live in devon and wanted to try a local place... we had the omelettes... Both we cooked perfectly and potatoes were just cooked right.. not too well but not undercooked... a lot of places over or under... we were happy that they did it just the way we like... If they did brunch good. we can imagine how good dinner must be.. we will be back next week!!! Thank you 30 Main!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service, good food.BarrycDined on 11/16/2013Great service, good food. Liked the atmosphere. Parking a bit challenging. Will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very limited menuOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/16/2013The food was very good but the menu had a total of 10 entrees along w 2 specials. Just seemed very limited.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food !! Good Service!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/13/2013We came on Monday night, not too crowded... Our waiter gave suggestions... we had the short rib pasta dish and filet...Both was Delish!! we will def return soon...We heard that there is live music on fri and sat nights... we will come back for sure!!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sophisticated food/beer in BerwynOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/9/2013We ate at 30 Main for the first time this past weekend and enjoyed it quite a bit. The food was creative and well executed. I had the vegetable risotto which was quite fresh tasting. The fig flatbread was FANTASTIC. My dining mates had salads and other vegetarian fare, all of which was high quality. The beer selection also stood out. Someone had obviously put a little thought into what they were offering beer lovers. We would definitely go back again. One word of advice/caution...on Saturday nights they have a live band starting around 9:30 pm, so the noise level rachets up when they start playing. It's not bad, but you should be aware in case that kind of thing is particularly interesting or a turn off for you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- More Bistro than NightclubKkscDined on 11/9/2013We were pleased to find that 30 Main is not really like a 'Manhattan style' nightclub, as billed on their website, but more like a neighborhood bistro with wooden booths, warm lighting, and a welcoming bar. Food was better than I expected, especially the small plates (scallops, tuna, fig and cheese flatbread). Main portions were generous, with a nice piece of lobster and other shellfish in the seafood risotto. Menu seems kind of limited until you count in the several daily specials. It was very loud, making conversation difficult at our large table for 6. Maybe that's the 'Manhattan style'.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Confused In BerwynBerwinDinerDined on 11/8/2013I had a great lunch here and thought I would try for dinner with my wife. After being seated it was all down hill. We sat for almost 10 minutes and nobody came to the table. We finally had to get someone. The food was incredibly average for the price and the service was slow and unattentive(I give them some marks for being friendly). It gets high marks for the martinis, but the ambience is confused. Part pub, part upscale, part sportsbar...which one is it? Most confusing was the disco lighting and pumping DJ in the next room. We have spoken to a few others who have tried it and there experience was similar. 30 Main has the potential to be very good, but the owners need to figure out who they are going to be.
- Cold in the backroom. No needGirlsNightDined on 11/2/2013Cold in the backroom. No need for aircon in November. Love the interior. Great place for the entertainment you provide. Maybe connect the band that played with the bar so that people can sit in the bar and also see the band. Also Good for $$$ :) Food can improve a lot! Too salty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ok but nothing greatOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/2/2013We went Saturday night and met friends at the bar. Drinks were good and bartender was attentive. Sat down at the table right at reservation time. Server was ok. We has to ask what the specials were and remind her about drinks. We started with the Nacho special which was very good. For dinner my husband and I shared the steak and the Dory chicken. Both entrees were nothing special, dry and lacking flavor. The sides weren't much better. Vegetables mushy and potatoes had nothing on them. Our friends said the same thing about their food. And then a band started playing in the back room which pretty much chased us out since we couldn't hear. Not a complete waste of an evening but wouldn't go back.Special Features:
- first impressionverteDined on 11/2/2013The pork was outstanding. There is a secret to the bread they serve - we couldn't get enough. Would definitely return.Special Features:
- Delicious, though limitedRagtymVIPDined on 10/12/2013Found the atmosphere quaint and small-town. Enjoyed the interior, the bar and, though we did not stay for entertainment, it was provided. Food was good, a little on the pricey side and the only negative is the limited menu to select from. Like the location - would prefer more of a selection.Special Features:
- New Neighborhood GemRareDoIReviewDined on 10/12/2013We live in the area but this was our first time to the restaurant as 30 Main. While the inside looks very similar to the former Main Line Cafe, it has been updated tastefully and has a nice clean decor. The staff is very helpful and friendly and the kitchen has done a very nice job putting together a great menu. We were a party of 5 and everyone was pleased. The soups were amazing and the entree's were just excellent. We were all really pleased (and surprised) how good everything was. Will definitely be back as we might have found our new favorite restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loud!TaterbugVIPDined on 9/28/2013This was our second time at 30 Main. The food was very good both times--and I appreciated the vegetarian options; however, this second visit was terribly disappointing because the noise level was so high that my husband and I couldn't hear each other. While we were warned there would be a band playing in the back of the restaurant, we were at a table for 2 in the front and it wasn't the band noise that bothered us--just the din from people's conversations. We've found the noise levels at Nectar, The White Dog, and Alfredo similarly high. Whether it's the type of building materials used or the sleek decor that does little to absorb sound, the noise makes each of these otherwise excellent restaurants less than ideal for couples.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place to dineSteveDined on 9/21/2013There were three in our party, one had the fillet, one had the veggie napoleon, and one had the trout stuffed with crab meat. All dishes were excellently prepared and served well. One of the party had a garlic allergy and was very well taken care of. All in all an excellent meal with a server that matched the great meal. Regrettably I don't remember his name, but I think he will remember the garlic allergy (not me, my wife).Special Features:
- Service par NoneOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/20/2013We went to 30 main for a girls night out to celebrate a friends birthday. It was a friday night, but the restaurant was not packed, and I did have a little concern in the beginning....all that was put aside over the course of the evening. We were never rushed for our food or drink, and everything was delivered in a timely manner. All our Entrees appeared at the same time and were delicious. The big surprise came when the Waiter ( who was unbelievable) asked us to come back into their lounge area, where they had set up Limoncello's, and dessert, and the pianist had a " happy Birthday" ready, along with all the special requests we threw at him....(Great Pianist too). I would definitely like to see this one succeed!Special Features:
- Wonderful first visit.luv2eatDined on 9/17/2013Appetizers and main course choices were interesting and the wait staff was well informed. Excellent dinner with large portion size. I had the crab bisque and the salmon. Both were well presented and very tasty. Will have to try dessert next time.Special Features:
- A real findJoe53Dined on 9/7/2013The menu was varied, yet our group of four seemed to have a reasonably representative sampling of the menu. We were equally impressed. The food was prepared just right, and the ingredients were fresh. The attention to detail was evident. I honestly cannot think of a single item on the menu that I wouldn't try. As a special treat, we found the house wines to be far better than that which is served in most restaurants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/31/2013Our dinner was fantastic! The scallops were amazing!! Staff was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Conflicting price and atmosphereMikeDined on 8/21/2013Restaurant was unbelievably loud because of a party, the food was mediocre, and it was expensive. Not a good mix.
- Great surprise!MariaVIPDined on 8/21/2013Been meaning to get the 30 main since I first heard it opened. When I needed to select a restaurant the other day for my birthday this was the first one that came to mind. I did not disappoint. Everyone in my party was thrilled with their food. The filet was excellent. So was the Corvina. Service was very friendly and attentive. The restaurant itself is beautiful. Love the bar. Will definitely be back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A place worth going back toOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 8/10/2013This was our first time a 30 Main - we noticed that some of the early reviews were not that positive, but the latter ones did seem to be pretty good. Our experience was terrific - the service was very attentive (and good) and the food was outstanding. We will be back - highly recommended!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great spotSusanVIPDined on 8/6/201330 Main is a wonderful new restaurant in the heart of Berwyn. I've enjoyed both lunch and dinner there, and the food and service have been excellent both times. The new owners (one has personally come by our table to welcome us both times) are working hard to make this a destination for both meals and informal gatherings with friends, offering live music many nights in the bar/lounge area. Check it out, and watch for their upcoming events...I don't think you'll be disappointed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SlippingwindyDined on 8/2/2013Not as good this time as last time. Food so-so. Pretty pricey for what comes out of the kitchen. Pretty pricey wine- also.
- We won't go back to eat here.HappyVIPDined on 7/30/2013I had the grilled pear/goat cheese salad and picked out all the discolored rock hard pears and ate the greens and little bit of goat cheese sprinkled on it. There are too many lunch choices to go back to give it a 2nd try especially in light of no gluten free items noted. Too bad the small plates menu was not offered as well. IF I go back it will be to try the "vibrant late-night" they are attempting.
- Unexpectedly GoodOpenTable Diner Since 2001VIPDined on 7/28/2013We went to 30 Main with another couple for dinner on a Sunday night not expecting it to be anything out of the ordinary. However, we were surprised to find a small but diverse and unique menu and we all thought our meals were outstanding. The service was prompt and the manager stopped by to welcome us. We will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- food was good, but not greatDookefanDined on 7/26/2013hard to buy expensive liquor with 3 byob restaurants so close
- Very averageOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/26/2013Very limited menu. My ribs were well cooked but then heated up and more sauce added. Lettuce wedge too large and not inviting. Tomatoes missing. Bread wonderfully fresh and hot. Service very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Would go againLenaVIPDined on 7/25/2013Had a business meeting. Food and service was very good. I would return for lunch with my friends.Special Features:
- DisappointedTeunisVIPDined on 7/24/2013Our first visit was disappointing. The "flat bread" was not a flat bread but a douughy soft pizza. A bottle of sauvignon blanc was served at room temperature with no explanation. The "seafood risotto" was a dry yellow rice with whole shrimp on top; could have been confused as a poor paella had the yellow been due to saffron, but it actually had no taste. On the positive side, the ribs were very meaty with a tasty sauce; the mussels were excellent.Special Features:
- Berwyn GemwindyDined on 7/14/2013Another fine restaurant along Lancaster Ave. (replacing a previous establishment).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good new addition in BerwynFillyDined on 7/13/2013We ate an early dinner at 30 Main in early July. Started off with chicken tenders and cesar salad, both of which were delicious, although the salad could have been colder. Ordered a special, veal marsala, but was later told they were out of that dish, even though it was only 6 p.m. on a Saturday night. Ordered the crab cake instead. It was good, but I've had better crab cakes elsewhere. My husband loved the baby-back ribs. He said they were the best he had tasted in many years. The service was excellent. Looks like the place has a lively bar.Overall, it was good, and a nice addition to the Berwyn dining scene. We definitely go back, most especially for the ribs.Special Features: