Savannah Chop House
32441 Golden Lantern
Laguna Niguel, CA 92677Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Savannah Chop House
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.savannahchophouse.net/
- Phone: 9494937107
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Californian, Steakhouse, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Chef Chris Tzorin
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Entertainment: Live music in our fireplace bar and lounge seven nights a week from 6-10pm, Friday and Saturday's from 6:30-11pm. Table-side magic from 5:30-8pm on Sundays.
- Special Events: PERFECT 10
Entrees perfectly seasoned, perfectly sized, and perfectly priced at only $10. Available Sunday through Thursday all night; Friday and Saturday from 5-6:30 pm.
Prime Rib Mondays: 3-Course Prime Rib Dinner for only $29.95
"Tequila & Tapas Tuesday" featuring 5 for $5 specials all night of Tequila Cocktails and Tapas in the bar & lounge. Le Grand Barr in the lounge from 6-10pm.
Enjoy 50% off bottles of wine and free corkage on up to two bottles.
Le Grand Barr in the lounge from 6-10pm.
Sunday Magic featuring table-side magic by John George - 5:30-8 pm
Sunday Dinners: Get a complimentary soup, salad or dessert with every regularly priced entree.
DAILY HAPPY HOUR - 4:30 - 7pm
Featuring half priced appetizers and drink specials.
Live Music Nightly in the lounge starting at 6pm.
A word from Savannah Chop House
Savannah Steak and Chop House serves Classic American Cuisine with Southern Hospitality. Offers an extensive menu of steaks, chops, and seafood with a California twist. The warm, clubhouse décor features dark wood, overstuffed booths, soft lighting and stone fireplaces. The fireplace bar and lounge is a great spot to indulge in a perfectly crafted martini, single-malt scotch, or glass of wine. Enjoy live music seven nights a week and table-side magic on Sundays. Savannah’s ‘private dining room’ has a warm ambiance, with its own fireplace, creating an intimate gathering place for up to 60 people. Our 100 seat Sunset Terrace, with fire pit and distant ocean view, is also available for private parties.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Savannah Chop House reviews from OpenTable diners
99 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (55)special occasion (54)romantic (36)fit for foodies (23)vibrant bar scene (19)good for groups (18)great for outdoor dining (17)scenic view (13)notable wine list (13)great for brunch (7)kid-friendly (4)late-night find (4)great for lunch (3)hot spot (2)Show More
- Great Food, Great ServiceMac1VIPDined on 4/5/2014Savannah Chop House is a neighborhood gem offering delicious food, a warm and inviting atmosphere and great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not feeling the discountCPBdinerDined on 4/5/2014Savannah Chop house offers a $10.00 menu online and with a huge banner sign on the building but when they seat you they do not offer it to you. They hand you the regular menu and the drink menu. Those menus have very expensive entree 's of 20.00+. We asked for the 10.00 menu and it was provided but you automatically feel cheap and are probably labeled cheap. We were actually on a diet and chose this restaurant knowing the 10.00 entree portion would be the right size calorie wise and the price was a plus! Who wants huge plates of food when you are on a diet? So, my biggest complaint is that they didn't offer it as part of the regular handing out of the menus. It should definitely be included and not have to be asked for.Special Features:
- Good but...live2eatDined on 3/31/2014Overall, the dining experience was good. The service as outstanding. Four of us went there on a Monday night and had the Prime Rib Special. It came with either soup or salad, prime rib, and a desert. Fortunately a sizable steak knife was provided with the meal. The prime rib was difficult to cut and chewy. The flavor was okay. One of the group ordered the Southern Fried Chicken and thought it was "pretty good." We did enjoy the quietness of the restaurant and were able to carry on a conversation without raising our voices. Initially, the music was a bit loud, but they turned down the volume upon request. With tax and tip we averaged $40 per person.
- Have eaten here many timesBillDined on 3/29/2014Have eaten here many times as it is a "local" for me. My all time favorite is the short ribs. Other great choices are the special prime rib or sometimes the catch-of-the-day. The wait staff has some great ones and others that are average but all OK. Easy to use car park valet system makes the in-and-out quick and easy. Good desert choices but I usually end up passing after a filling meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always consistent!LindaVIPDined on 3/28/2014We come here very often before going to the VIP Theater. Always consistent! Carlos is the best valet in town!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappointedfoodforthoughtVIPDined on 3/17/2014Neighborhood gem with atmosphere, somewhat romantic (big red leather booths, dim lights), never disappoints. Fun night out with friends. Offers special menus if you want something special on a budget (same as regular menu but smaller portion). Regular menu more extensive.Special Features:
- Special occasionJoekDined on 3/13/2014Ruben our waiter had great recommendations . Rib eye steak was cooked to perfection! The shrimp and calamari app was lightly fried and not dried out !! Artichoke very tasty ! We had a very special birthday dinner! I have no complaints and Ruben gets a 5star ! This is what dining should be all about!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service was much quicker thanSusanVIPDined on 3/9/2014Service was much quicker than usual, is always especially pleasant. Stroganoff yummy; chocolate mousse better than last time, but not as good as it used to be. Still our favorite place in South County.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodPickydiner2Dined on 3/8/2014We were looking for a really good steak and we found it. Our only issue was after having made a reservation we still had to wait 25 minutes to be seated. Obviously a popular place! We really enjoyed the food and our waitress was very good. The filet was perfectly cooked and their signature jalapeño potatoes were tasty! The only other slight disappointment was the heirloom tomato salad- the tomatoes did not really seem to be heirloom but the cheese and reduction were very good. Lastly we loved the bananas foster but recommend don't get ice dream on it as it melts in the hot bananas and dilutes the delicious sugary sauce!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pros and ConsReviews101Dined on 3/6/2014Food is good but very over priced, including the drinks. Waitress was friendly and accommodating, but disappeared for long periods of time -- took too long to get the check, and for her to pick it up. Atmosphere is good - a little English style.Special Features:
- inconsistant!johnDined on 3/4/2014Savannah Chop House was a restaurant that you went to for an excellent meal and superior service. Over the last several years, the food quality has become inconsistent and the service spotty. Last Tuesday, Fat Tuesday, our party of 8 went to part-take is the special Fat Tuesday menu. The reservation was for 8 at 7:30. The restaurant was not full, but the bar was jumping. We were seated quickly, but took for forever. The server was not familiar with the specials, the makeup of the dishes. We ordered. By now the there were only 3-4 tables, besides ours, in the restaurant. It took close to 30 minutes to get our food. My dish and my wife's dish were cool. All be it tasty, not worth the wait or the price. The best service was from the car valet!
- pleasant surpriseindikritikDined on 3/4/2014My girlfriend and I had a wonderful dinner on Mardi Gras. We went for the chicken Andouille jambalaya to which I added shrimp. It was delicious. However, it was the pistachio crusted sea bass that we enjoyed more. The sauce was very flavorful and the fish portion generous. Also the blackened seared Ahi and the crab cake with corn appetizers were great. We arrived early and had the place to ourselves. The restaurant soon filled up but the service did not suffer. We had a friendly, attentive, and knowledgeable server. The servers support staff was fantastic. We never went without water or bread, and finished plates were promptly removed. We also enjoyed the drink specialties. The martini drinks we had for dessert were Carmel Apple and Pear.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GREAT PLACE1lightingdudeDined on 3/1/2014Food fantistic.. Well presented and great food staff. Ruben was our waiter, well attenitve without being over bering. Got to go back soon! ThanksSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- They couldn't seat us at theOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 3/1/2014They couldn't seat us at the appointed time.The hostess immediately offered us drinks on the house. The wait time was 25 minutes past our reservation. I thought they went above and beyond to make us happy.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday Celebration Fell FlatHalfFullDined on 3/1/2014I was hoping for a little more Wow-factor from Savannah Chop House. I called the restaurant to make sure they received the note about my husband's birthday and confirmed the reservation time. We had to wait for a table and stood around- bar was crowded. The food was on the pricier side and to make it worse my food came cold. When server returned with my dish the fish was considerably smaller than the very nice cut that had gone back. My husband's steak was fatty and tasteless. The $10 charge for the "seafood" topping to his steak was more like mushy sea-food mix, could not tell what it really was? There was very little recognition of the birthday but a lit candle on their dessert item put in front of him. Server and atmosphere were nice
- Dinner with friendsAtlazDined on 3/1/2014Excellent meal with lovely service. Highly enjoyable evening, many thanks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- enjoyablesurfmamaDined on 2/28/2014Took my hubby for his birthday and a wonderful time. Food was fantastic and the service impeccableSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food/service not so goodSrider777Dined on 2/26/2014My wife and I have eaten here a few times. This time not so good. Starting out, when we were seated, we requested their "Perfect 10" menu which they promote. It's items for $10. The hostess seemed hesitate and took her 5 minutes to bring it to us. The server when he found out we were interested in that menu lost interest in our satisfaction. Our food took a long time to come without any asking how we were doing by our server. We did order drinks which bumped up the tab. I understand servers rely on tips, but service should not be affected by a menu promoted by the restaurant. If you don't want to serve customers with reduced rate food, quit working there. I would recommend Savannah with caution about their service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Aspen Ridge Filet Mignon...WOWDibbsDined on 2/24/2014My fiancée and I ate here again last night, we have been coming here for over ten years!! We thoroughly enjoyed the "Restaurant Week" pre-fix menu....cream of Jalapeno soup was to die for......Aspen Ridge Filet melted in our mouths like butter.........Bread pudding mouth watering....all for $40????? Crazy good!!! Keep up the great work Savannahs!!!! You rock it every time we visit our neighborhood gem!!! Thank you for being our "go to" spot!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SAVANAH REST WEEK MENU -- A MUST !!CakeguyDined on 2/23/2014"CHRIS" OUR SERVER ENCOURAGED US TO TRY THE OC RESTAURANT WEEK MENU -- DAILY SOUP AND ROASTED BEET SALAD BOTH HAD OUTSTANDING PRESENTATION, FLAVOR AND PORTION. ROASTED BEET SALAD IS MY NEW FAVORITE. ENTRE'S WERE PERFECTLY PLATED. THE FLAT IRON WAS ONE OF THE BEST EVER! THE AIRLINE CHICKEN ROASTED TO PERFECTION. DESSERTS AT SAVANNAH HAVE BECOME INFAMOUS RECENTLY. OURS WERE THE "S'MORES" CHEF CHRIS TZORIN CREATED ON HIS APPEARANCE ON THE FOOD NETWORK. WE TASTED A NEW KEY LIME TART "COMING SOON"!!! A GREAT OVERALL DINING EXPERIENCE SERVED BY "CHRIS". THANKS TO ALL!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top Chop HouseOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/21/2014Salads, steaks, ribs and side dishes are perfectly cooked and spiced. My guests commented the menu choices were better and flavor equal to or better than Flemming's. I have never had better baby back ribs than the ones I had at Savannah Chop House. Fantastic! The meat fell off the ribs. That and the Burbon Peach BBQ sauce made these easily the tastiest ribs I've ever had. I witnessed a customer at another table question the size of his steak and the waitress didn't argue but removed the steak and went back to the kitchen with it. A couple of minutes later, another steak arrived at his table and he looked at it, cut into it and said to the waitress, "Perfect." Next, the manager arrived at the table to make sure everything was cool.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved everything about our dinnerGaribaldi714Dined on 2/19/2014Loved everything about our dinner and our dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We had an excellent experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/15/2014We had an excellent experience the day after valentines day. Great service and the timing of the meal was perfect along with the consistent quality of each course.Special Features:
- The lobster special, the foodJohnnyDined on 2/15/2014The lobster special, the food portion was very small. Would not order it again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was our first time here...weOHWHATFUN1Dined on 2/15/2014It was our first time here...we can't wait to come back. We live in Riverside and came with our friends to celebrate our Anniversary. We had reservations in the dining room, but we opted to stay in the bar! The Lounge Menu was fabulous. BEST calamari we had ever had! The filet Lollipops were incredible. We ordered these again. The onion rings, sliders and lamb were exceptional! We stayed in the bar the entire evening and would do so again! We came because we had a gift card from a bad experience we had at French 75...and are so glad we did!! Fantastic!! Ask for Lizzy...she is "fun"tastic!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Ambiance! Touch of Class!truthfirstDined on 2/15/2014Enjoyed it immensely! Was a quick find on the internet after spending the day at a local spa. There were four women....and we all enjoyed the restaurant and would highly recommend it.Special Features:
- went for valentines day, alldodgers27Dined on 2/14/2014went for valentines day, all they had was the valentines day menu. it was over pricedSpecial Features:
- Disappointed & Over PricedramblingmanDined on 2/14/2014I booked reservations for Valentines Day fixed price menu, which when viewed online was a (4) course meal with a decent offering of food options but at a somewhat high price, however considering it was for Valentines Day I didn't really expect a bargain but I did expect it to be really good food for the price. Needless to say I was very disappointed. Preparations, presentation, portion size, and quality were all well below expectations for the price of the meal. Overall a very expensive meal for what it was...I would not repeat or refer anyone for this meal at the fixed price.Special Features:
- Lacking romanceKimmyj65Dined on 2/14/2014We happen to go on valentine's day this time. Although the food was good, I felt like things were done cheaper than normal. The restaurant propbably saved some money. Not as many waiters, so the service wasn't as good. I didn't like that they only had a Valentine menu and no other choices. In fact, one couple next to us left because of this. The price for the menu was pretty hefty to pay if it wasn't exactly what you wanted, or expected. The place has great ambiance, but unfortunately the choice of music was terrible for Valentines Day. MOTOWN? Smooth jazz, or tony Bennett, nancy Wilson music would have been more romantic. I was a little disappointed this time. Won't be back for Valentines Day, but it's good on other days.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was wonderful andbadhostessDined on 2/13/2014The food was wonderful and our waiter was great, but the hostess was horrible. We arrived at 6:15 for a 6:30 reservation and requested a booth she said it would be only a minute, at 6:45 I ask what about our table and again she said it will only be a minute.I noticed other people were being seated at a booth who arrived after us so I asked again what about our booth. She said were didn't check until 6:50, I was starting to get upset, the wife wanted to leave and I had a bar bill time stamp at 6:25. Again the food and waiters were great but the hostess needs to be replaced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our server was very knowledgableJulesDined on 2/10/2014Our server was very knowledgable about the food on the menu and gave us great suggestions on drinks and appetizers. Service was great from all staff and the food was delicious! Definitely will go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Magician on Sundays & Good Food!CoachVIPDined on 2/9/2014We went with our 2 children. Service was very slow because I think they were short handed but we didn't mind. Prime Rib and Fried Chicken were very good. Our kids ordered from the kids menu, I believe 1 ordered mini cheeseburgers and the other had BBQ ribs with fruit. Ribs were good and came right off the bone. We got a chocolate souffle type cake for dessert and it was very good. They had a musician in the bar and the music was also in the restaurant. On Sunday they have a magician who walks around and he was very good. Even though the service was very slow we will still go back because we loved the food, magician, and music.Special Features:
- Food good but came out warmOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 2/8/2014Food good but came out warm and not hot. I am weird, I like my food hot. Martinis served without any olives, etc. seemed naked. Server was nice enough to bring olives but brought them to us on napkins. Weird. Valet was chaotic. They lost a patrons keys and claimed they never received them but...they parked the car, right? They charged us for valet service and handed us our keys due to chaos on finding the other patrons "missing keys" and we retrieved our own car. Woman's bathroom had issues. The was a stall "out of order" and the restroom smelled like a sewer. Cleaning products where left out in restroom as well. Seems like nothing good her doesn't it? We did have a nice table near the fireplace. There is a nice deck for cocktails & sunset.
- Classic Steakhouse experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/8/2014This restaurant offers a traditional steakhouse dining experience in the dining room. Service is great and the dining room is optimally sound proofed for an enjoyable dining experience. Our food was well prepared. The menu keeps true to its "classic" roots but has contemporary flavors and enough variety to please most diners. This was our first experience at their dining room but we have visited their lounge many times before. I must say that the lounge is the best part of this establishment. Unfortunately it is hard to find seats at the bar on busy days.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing service and greatKrisVIPDined on 2/7/2014Amazing service and great food! Chris Tzorin is the most amazing chef! Will definitely be going back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The place is going DOWNHILLmemkDined on 2/7/2014VERY POOR SERVICE and the quality of the food on the Perfect 10 menu has gone downhill. We will not be going back there anytime soon, if ever!
- Not a "fine dining" restaurantfoodie82Dined on 2/3/2014For being one of the "nicer" steak houses in the area, this place doesn't give the impression of a fine dining establishment. The service is slow. We had reservations at 7pm on a Monday and it took about an hour to get our food. The food itself was okay, but not consistent. We ordered 2 of the same dish and the steak came out completely different. We came here to celebrate a birthday which wasn't acknowledged by any of the restaurant staff, even though it was mentioned in the reservation.
- What Happened to Our Restaurant?LongTimeBrotherVIPDined on 2/3/2014along time fan of Savannah Chophouse, but for us it has lost its way. Small food portions. Quality has .dropped. A typical n aperitif," we have been out of it for weeks". The waitress was very good and but her helpers were too exuberant, sweeping up the plate before you put your fork down, repeatedly asking "are you finished yet". T they don't get the fine dining experience. And although they are rated $$ in open table i would challenge that. , my entree, lamb chops were $40. their Caesar salad was petite, not bad but definitely not Caesar. They played early rock n roll loudly which interrupted dinner conversation and hardly appropriate for a fine dining house and what's with the playing cards stuck to the ceiling?
- Not so goodOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/1/2014Artichoke was small and burnt. Had to send the halibut back because it was overcooked. Fried chicken was fairly tasteless.
- GOING DOWN HILL!PhilDined on 1/29/2014Food was terrible. Small portions of meat & chicken that were tough and tasteless. Used to be a regular at this restaurant.