6361 Walker Lane
Alexandria, VA 22310Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.osteriamarzano.com/
- Phone: 7033139700x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday thru Wednesday: 11 am to 10 pm
Thursday and Friday: 11 am to 11 pm
Saturday: 4pm to 11pm
Sundays: 4pm to 10pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Chef Carmine Marzano
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We will begin catering about one month after our opening day (mid July)! Please stay tuned for more details to come..
- Special Events: Osteria Marzano will be hosting many special events, whether its a celebrity appearance or live entertainment! There will not be any events scheduled until after our grand opening. All dates and events will be posted on our website.
- Public Transit: We are closest to the Springfield Metro Station (Blue line). There is a shuttle that runs between the metro station and Metro Park (our development), Monday through Friday, every 15 minutes. The closest bus stop to the restaurant is the one in front of the "6363 building," on Walker lane.
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: You are welcome to park on either the street or the covered parking garage directly behind our office building!
A word from Osteria Marzano
We invite you to taste the best that Italy has to offer! Watch our vibrant chefs create delicious meals made to order while enjoying warm, welcoming service in a comfortable, upscale, modern Italian setting that features a full dining room, extensive 40-seat bar area and outdoor patio dining.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Osteria Marzano reviews from OpenTable diners
109 reviews since May 21, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (62)fit for foodies (61)special occasion (41)great for lunch (26)vibrant bar scene (22)notable wine list (21)good for groups (20)romantic (15)great for outdoor dining (13)hot spot (7)kid-friendly (6)great for brunch (6)late-night find (4)scenic view (1)Show More
- Great Overall Dining ExperienceWestAlexDinerDined on 6/11/2014Booked a table at Osteria Marzano for a 25th Birthday celebration dinner for my daughter. We were seated right away and enjoyed several great appetizers, including the Tuna Tartar and veal vitello tonnato. All of our dinners were equally good including two of the specials, seared tuna and the risotto. Service was prompt without being overly attentive.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrible service you're out of hereLindaGVIPDined on 6/9/20143 times there and 2 out of 3 is horrible service...............forget about it! No people there and long wait for food and totally missing service even though we were the only people there............need I say more
- Always terrific!WileyCoyoteDined on 6/7/2014Tried a few pasta dishes for the first time and OMG-they were fantastic. Consistently exceptional Italian foodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- alexandriajscVIPDined on 6/6/2014Great as always. Food is consistently unique and amazing. Try the specials - can't go wrong.Special Features:
- EmptyOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 6/6/2014We were one of three tables in the restaurant on a Fri. lunch. I think the city emptied out as it was a nice day to take off. The $10 lunch combo (soup or pasta and salad) I ordered. The agnoletti with veal was good but a tad oversauced. My friend had the mezzeluna stuffed with zucca with a butter/sage sauce. Delicious. The salad portion was small. Given the price and quality, I thought this was a "steal" and I'll definitely go back. Ordered the sea bass stuffed ravioli last time for dinner and they were worth the long drive to get to this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outside dining was relaxingshelfordDined on 5/31/2014The food was amazing. My family of loved all of their entrees - including the Caprese salad and calamari we shared. The key is finding where to park and enter with this tucked away place. It is in a newly developed office park and the sign to turn in is very small and the only signage we could find beyond the parking garage was the 2 hour parking signs. We took a chance and entered into the office building and it was on the same floor to the right. Very modern. We chose to eat outside and we almost felt like we were at our own private restaurant. It was very relaxing and I will definitely be taking my family here again soon. Lots to choice from and is reasonably priced.Special Features:
- DisappointingDatslibDined on 5/29/2014I had the zuppa di pesce, which was so-so ($29). I would have liked to have had some fish in the dish and a tastier broth, and the calamari was chewy. My partner had the veal parmigiana ($25), which was very disappointing. The veal was tough and had an "old" taste, like it had been in the freezer far too long. To the restaurant's credit, the dish was not put on the bill after we complained.
- InconsistentThadVIPDined on 5/24/2014We want to love this place because of the location. The service is usually good and the ambiance is attractively modern. However, the tables for two are NARROW and very close to the guests seated at the next tables, so that no privacy is possible. The food looks pretty on the plate but over 4 meals it has been consistently under seasoned. And finally, on our most recent visit the sauce for my veal piccata was tasteless and watery...clearly no butter was used to thicken it, which is the normal preparation. Two of us had one inexpensive bottle of wine, we split a pasta dish as an app, and had one entree each - the bill before tip was $103, which is way too much given the significant kitchen errors. This was our 4th try and we won't be back.Special Features:
- Definitely worth finding (use map).MMilesMDined on 5/24/2014This is our family's new favorite in northern VA. Excellent service, menu, food, service and decor. (Carlyle just got bumped.)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 229 reviews are from the Osteria Marzano reviews archive.
- 2nd timekljhnDined on 5/18/2014Still delicious, good service, with hot food hot and cold served cold. Very accommodating service, salads were fresh and crisp. Food was very tasty. Easy to park and enjoy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Will go againOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/17/2014Osteria is right across the road from where we live, but even if it wasn't I would make it a point to go again. The food was very good, our server was friendly and attentive, and the restaurant has an enjoyable atmosphere. The only downside of Osteria is that the tables are fairly close together, so you have no choice hearing the conversations around you. Still, it was quiet enough my wife and I could carry on a conversation without talking too loud.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/17/2014There are enough selections that every person could find something to eat. The prices aren't that bad. The desserts were alright, nothing that wowed.Special Features:
- Slow and awkward serviceVeggieloverDined on 5/17/2014We were seated at an unstable table. After several requests to have it fixed, we were told to trade tables with a couple sitting in another room. Not sure why that couple got stuck with the wobbly table! After that, we waited a long time to even get the server's attention. Our waitress was efficient but not exactly friendly. I felt like I was annoying her. The food was very good, however, with generous portions. The Nutella pizza was good but not that special.
- great food, mediocre serviceMimaDined on 5/16/2014This was my third visit to Marzanos. The food continues to be excellent, but the service spotty. This time I was with 3 women friends. When the table next to ours was occupied by 2 couples, the server's attention went to them. They got their drinks and dinner well before us. They were checked on during the meal. We were not.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Flavor ChallengedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/14/2014The calameri was inconsistent - many pieces were pretty chewy while others were tender. Overall it lacked flavor. The pasta and duck ragu was nice but lacked any flavor - very bland. My wife's risotto special (scallops) was fine but uninspired. The biggest sin was the travesty they called strawberry shortcake. If you are going to serve something so far from what people would expect by the name you should warn them. This was two dense dry pieces of something that resembled coffee cake with some whipped creme and strawberries in between. We did not eat half of it. Finally, I am used to paying a premium when buying wine by the glass but the pour of pinot grigio I got for $12 was almost a crime - I felt ripped off.
- Great Mother's DayMrsolaraDined on 5/11/2014Took my girlfriend there on Mother's Day. They were great to accommodate my late arrival and the food and service were outstanding. We had a magnificent time together. Wholeheartedly recommend it!Special Features:
- Osteria Rates my 5 Star Rating!PSUDanoVIPDined on 5/10/2014I seldom issue a 5-star rating, but this gem hidden in an office building definitely has rated it! From the food to the service to the ambiance, this is a great place. I chose the Veal Scaloppini and was not disappointed--a generous portion with a nice side of pasta. My wife chose lobster ravioli and was stuffed. They were out of a reasonably priced Tuscan that I chose from the wine list and they upgraded me to a better bottle at the original price. I highly recommend this restaurant!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely atmosphere, great food!CarolK63Dined on 5/10/2014I love the feel of Osteria Marzano. They have a vibrant bar scene for happy hour, with amazing margaritas, great wine selection and wonderful, tasty food. The almond crusted halibut served with haricots verts and risotto was delicious! Our waiter was pleasant, attentive and very knowledgeable about the food and made excellent suggestions. Can't wait to dine at Osteria Marzano again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Go back againOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/10/2014Thoroughly enjoyed dinner on Saturday night, our third time there. The waiter was professional and efficient and kept the dinner moving along nicely. Drinks and appetizers appeared quickly, and we were allowed to enjoy them and the plates cleared before dinner was brought. Dinner was hot and a good portion on all the entree's ordered. All the food was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food uneven & lackluster serviceDCDinerDined on 5/9/2014We were looking forward to this was our second visit because we really enjoyed our first dinner here. We sat in the bar because happy hour specials are only available there, which is odd because the bar dominates the restaurant and every table in the house is near the bar. There is a lively happy hour crowd. Mussels were tasty- but gritty. Ack! Fish was cooked perfectly, though. Our waiter disappeared after our first drink, so had to ask other staff to send her over for food, more drinks. One of the people we happened to flag down was the manager, so you would think she would have ensured service. But no. We were hopeful this would be our neighborhood go-to restaurant but will now continue the search.
- DiegoDined on 5/6/2014Very good spot , upscale w/o the prices, located in the burbs. Alternative to Mike's American Grill and above other local Italian restaurants in the area. Risotto dishes are excellent; Veal chop and osso buco are notable, recommended. Seafood dishes provide great alternative to meat, brazini or seafood medley pasta recommended. Have made a meal of there antipasti selections, excellent! Areas to improve: Scalloppini dishes, veal - heavy sauce. Gnocchi, too soft - second try, excellent. Rice balls (arancini) with real pancetta excellent, however, received them with cold center. All are fixable and restaurant is less then a year old, working out the kinks. Have eaten there 7 times, will return!Special Features:
- Second visitMimaDined on 5/4/2014The food here is very good and we appreciate the half price wine night on Sundays. The half size salads are perfect to accompany a meal. The bread is very good as are the pasta sauces. We were disappointed on this visit with the service. We brought guests with us and were embarrassed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WOW and in my neighborhood!OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 5/4/2014Loved it. Amazing food! Wonderful service, thanks Marisol!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A delightful eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/2/2014My husband and I took my mother for dinner here for the second time. From start to finish it was a delightful evening, the host and hostess were engaging and upbeat; our server, Angel, was knowledgeable, professional, friendly, and engaging. He recommended the tuna special with pesto so both my husband and I had it. It was delicious!! The tuna was cooked perfectly and set on a bed of homemade pasta with homemade pesto that was a perfect accompaniment. The pesto had excellent fresh flavor and a perfect proportion of olive oil to basil and garlic. My mom had the linguine with clam sauce and she really enjoyed it, lots of fresh whole clams. We sat outside even though the evening was a bit cool and thoroughly enjoyed it! We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overpriced, but good service.OpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 4/26/2014This was our second time at OM. Had same server as previous time; he was excellent. Unfortunately, we ordered the appetizer special he recited to us without hearing the price. $16 for a small ball of mozzarella with six or seven shavings of prosciutto with the slightest drippings of balsamic drizzle. Would have just ordered caprese for half the price. Ordered Short Ribs Dinner...very good; however, the polenta it was served over had huge hard chunks in it. I mentioned that to the server and he brought me a new side of polenta. The new polenta was much thinner, but still had huge chunks in it. This place lacks a little bit in quality, but I will still try again. I'd give it a 7 1/2 or 8 out of 10.Special Features:
- Inventive ItalianToolsmithDined on 4/26/2014Our second visit, and we'll be back. Food was excellent (again) and service was snappy. A little on the spare and noisy side but still pleasant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lovely surprise in the neighborhoodkljhnDined on 4/26/2014We had dinner before attending the theater and the restaurant was attentive to our time demands while serving us in a relaxed manner. The food looked and tasted delicious. There were 6 of us and we all had different entrees, all were excellently prepared and tasty. Will certainly go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Will Go Back AgainJPK2011Dined on 4/26/2014This was my second time coming to Osteria Marzano. I tried a different dish this time, the beef short ribs with polenta, and it was really good. I came with a teenager and our waitress did a good job explaining the food items to her. All the staff there were very polite to us.Special Features:
- Great Restaurant, Odd LocationEricDined on 4/25/2014This is a great new restaurant in an office building near the Inova Healthplex in Fairfax. This was our third visit and we will come back again. The burrata (fresh cheese made from mozzerala and cream) with prosciutto was a great starter followed by the duck and risotto special. Desert was a nutella pizza, very unusual and tasty. Our previous dinners were on Sunday nights when it was quiet even in the bar. Friday night there was a DJ and the restaurant was very loud.Special Features:
- Nice place in an office parkSBS50Dined on 4/23/2014This restaurant is a welcome addition to the improving Kingstowne area food scene. We've had several good places for a while, but largely ethnic, or chain, or family places rather than a more adult place. This is an Italian place of course, but stylish, adult (large and busy bar in the middle of the room) and with some very interesting menu choices that tell you right away this is not a Macaroni Grille! Three friends had the short rib ravioli, duck ragu pappardelle, and pasta Bolognese. All were very good and nearly entirely consumed. Good, house made ciabatta and focaccia too.Special Features:
- freindlly service, good food.joanDined on 4/13/2014freindlly service, good food. Nice we went on Sunday and had 1/2 price on a very good wine.Special Features:
- So excited!SheilaDined on 4/11/2014There are so few nice dining options around the Franconia/Kingstown area, especially if you want to steer clear of chain restaurants. Osteria Marzano is a hidden gem on Beulah near the hospital. I never would have found it had it not been recommended, but I'll definitely be going back! The food was great and they have a excellent bar. There is a great vibe, the ambience is upscale and energetic. I'll be going back A LOT!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unexpected gemin SpringfieldOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/6/2014Excellent Ialian restaurant near Springfield Mall was quite a surprise. Diverse menu, nice atmosphere and reasonable prices. Strange parking set up. Poor indicators as to main entrance. But menu and cooking are quite fine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding Local RestaurantAidanDined on 4/5/2014If you want to have seriously great food and atmosphere without trekking into DC, then this is your place. It's a real treat to have such consistently great meals in the Springfield/Franconia area. If you appreciate good food and attention to detail, then you will enjoy yourself very much.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great upscale Italian!BobbyPDined on 4/5/2014Really good Italian restaurant convenient to Springfield, Alexandria and Annandale area. The ambience is different from what I expected...modern, with clean lines and cool layout. Food was excellent. Shared mussels for an app, then veal marsala and fettuccine with a veal Bolognese sauce. Great dishes. Cannoli and brûlée for desert with good coffee. Couldn't ask for a better meal. Service was friendly, attentive and knowledgable. Owners daughter stopped by to chat, a nice touch. Restaurant seemed full on a Saturday night, a good sign. Nice to see this type of restaurant in the area. Will return!Special Features:
- Nice eveningAtewellDined on 4/5/2014The waiter did an outstanding job.He had good suggestions. The bread is excellent. We had mussels for an appetizer-outstanding! Both our meals were both delicious. The waiter asked how we liked the dessert. it was something like 3,cream puffs,and we told him it was fine, just not our taste (we did eat it all). He offered to bring a different one, which we declined. We will definately return with our foodie son and his girlfriend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great little placeRater2Dined on 4/4/2014Delicious food. Great service. Great prices. Bar scene is a bit noisy and makes conversation tough.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Mediterranean dining experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/4/2014Excellent special occasion choice. We were there for almost four hours! The entire staff (the hostesses, the bar, waitress, and owner) was engaged and focused on making each customer feel welcome. We enjoyed the Tagliere di Formaggi. The chardonnay was crisp, "green" and delectable. Our meal choices (Veal Scalloppine, Branzino, Chicken Parmigiana, and, Fettuccine alla Bolognese di Vitello) were wonderfully prepared and came from the kitchen while still hot. Our waitress was superb. She observed from a discreet distance, was not intrusive, and adroitly swooped in to remove plates and refill drinks. Desserts were well prepared and authentic (crème brulee, tiramisu) and the carrot cake was filled with nuts, raisins, and not too sweet.Special Features:
- Overall reviewYaYaDined on 4/3/2014The service was most professional and very friendly. It was very easy to make reservations on line with a call back the day before as a reminder. Well done!Special Features:
- delicious lunchafhjDined on 4/3/2014I had seen a newspaper review of the restaurant and ordered two dishes that the reviewer recommended. Each one was super delicious, especially the bonet dessert. The service was inobtrusive and we were given second glasses of club soda without being charged for them. Also excellent espresso!Special Features: