The Station at Mountain Lakes
99 Midvale Rd
Mountain Lakes, NJ 07046Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
The Station at Mountain Lakes
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.thestationatmtlakes.co/
- Phone: 9733355330
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 4:00pm
Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 9:30pm
Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Creole / Cajun / Southern, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Bradley Cooper
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Off site catering is available.
A word from The Station at Mountain Lakes
The Station at Mountain Lakes is a scratch restaurant featuring fresh seafood, steaks, homemade soups, salads, pasta and a variety of unique entrees created by Executive Chef/owner Bradley Cooper. Owner operated for 14 years, The Station is located in a beautifully restored field stone train station in the heart of Mountain Lakes.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
The Station at Mountain Lakes reviews from OpenTable diners
59 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (40)great for outdoor dining (38)special occasion (26)romantic (24)fit for foodies (24)good for groups (20)great for lunch (14)notable wine list (9)scenic view (7)hot spot (4)great for brunch (4)vibrant bar scene (2)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- A little gem!!!foodieDined on 11/16/2013We have been going to this place since it opened and we are never dissappointed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EnjoyedRulesdocVIPDined on 11/2/2013The only drawback to the restaurant is the long flight of stairs down to the dining room. A small bar area with a couple of tables upstairs for those that cannot negotiate the staircase is okay but noisy and cramped. But the dinner was very good and will be on our to go list as long as we can negotiate the stairs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Would recommendJulienDined on 11/2/2013Interesting setting, set in what was formerly the Mountain Lakes train station waiting room. Has a warm, welcoming feel. Overall everything was excellent. I can see why the residents of Mountain Lakes frequent this restaurant so much and speak so fondly of it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place, fantastic food!TheParsippanyStrangeVIPDined on 10/29/2013A great place & probably my favorite in the local area. Terrific ambiance and food! Love the location and will definitely come backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice surpriseARR3VIPDined on 10/28/2013The 3 of us enjoyed the entire dinner. Very good food, service & ambience. We will return.I would recommend this to a friend.
- ALL-AMERICAN COMFORT FOODLovelyLindaVIPDined on 10/25/2013Gorgeous field stone house. Polite staff. Spectacular gorgonzola filet mignon cooked to perfection. Excellent side dishes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great find!luckydinerDined on 10/18/2013We loved everything about our dinner at the station! What a wonderful place. We were staying in Parsippany , which lacks the type of restaurants we enjoy. We enjoy food of only the highest quality! Searching open table we found this gem less than 2 miles away, in the beautiful forest fairy town of Mountain Lakes. Everything was perfect. There were so many delicious choices, and I appreciated that the gluten free options were marked. We've been telling our family and friends about this find, and look forward to eating here again next time we are in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Special SpotGoldy76Dined on 10/18/2013The Station is a special neighborhood gem. You always feel welcome and special. The food is consistently good and the deserts are delicious and all made on the premises. There are too many items on the menu which leads one to believe that its not as fresh as it should be but the specials are always exceptional as are the salads and soups. The ambiance is great and we always have a great time.Special Features:
- Enjoyable EveningMartinHDined on 10/10/2013Four of us had a wonderful experience at The Station. The waiter picked up immediately on our personalities and joked along with us. He service was prompt and he helped explain several of the many delicious sounding choices. The food was excellent with the veal chops that two of us ordered being done to perfection. Everything from appetizers to dessert and coffee was superb.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a fabulous restaurant!Foodie12Dined on 10/3/2013The food was amazing! The service was awesome! Carlos takes special care of all the guests and makes everyone feel welcome like family! I highly recommend the Tuna! It was so good that I can't wait to go back to have it again!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GREAT First Experience!JennyBDined on 9/28/2013Went to The Station on a recommendation from a friend and was BLOWN AWAY by how great the experience was. The owner was apologizing for the wait for a table, engaged us in conversation about the historic building then acted like a true gentleman by helping me down the stairs, and pulling the seat out for me. Our server was knowledgeable and attentive. My husband enjoyed his wine (I don't drink) and our food was spectacular! Unfortunately we had to leave before dessert but we'll be back for an entire meal next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappointed...WinendineDined on 9/20/2013Been here many times because I know my guests and I will always have a great evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very niceLaurenGVIPDined on 9/17/2013I thoroughly enjoyed my lunch in the back garden. Overall a nice experience. It's a beautiful restaurant with good good... I just couldn't understand why it was practically empty on a Tuesday at 12:30pm. I hope they make it because its a find.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delightful Treat!BMacDined on 8/31/2013We have been to Station many times and it is always fantastic. The restaurant itself is in an historic train station with great character inside and out. Whether you choose the quaint wood paneled bar or one of the two main dining rooms, you will be charmed by the beautiful decor and great service. The food is a perfect blend of creative cuisine and traditional favorites. I have enjoyed many a cozy dinner with my husband in the bar, evenings catching up with girlfriends and dinners with family at the Station. I even had them cater a Holiday Luncheon for 35 people. Each time, the experience and food are top notch. I highly recommend!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best service and meal in ParsippanyOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/21/2013I visit the Parsippany area on business quite often and am always looking for a decent dinner. Until this point, I always had to settle on nondescript restaurants with no atmosphere, bland food, and ok service, not realizing anything better existed in the neighborhood. Luckily I found this amazing spot, where the service is seriously top notch and the Chicken Madeira and arugula salad were delicious and clearly made from fresh ingredients. I also really enjoyed the decor, which was rustic and, true to its name, a converted train station. I have finally found my prime dinner spot for Parsippany business trips, and will return again and again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent, hidden (exceptBPFJRVIPDined on 7/30/2013Excellent, hidden (except for being next to the train station) Mountain Lakes gem. Nice quiet setting (loved eating on the Patio), great menu and good service. It's now on my local Open Table list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very unimpressed by the food.jjvega86Dined on 7/20/2013The place is very nice and has an old feel to it. The service was great and very attentive.We started off with the firecracker calamari and It was soaked in balsamic and still was probably the best thing I tasted. I had stale and cold bread. I ordered a jambalaya and it had unseasoned chicken with some sort of tomato sauce that seemed like a watered down ketchup. The dish had a little brown rice underneath that was cooked with too much water and flavorless. My friend had a pasta primavera that had cubes of cheese that were thrown on top of the pasta. Her martini was probably the best thing she had. We did not finish anything even though the portions were good size and even though still hungry I didn't dare try dessert. Do not try, please.Special Features:
- WOW!OpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 7/19/2013It has been a long time since I have been so pleasantly surprised while trying a new (to us) restaurant which I had never heard of. The "middle of nowhere" location adds to the spectacular ambiance of this unique building. Since it was our first time, we tried several different dishes, all were excellent and perfectly prepared. The Station at Mountain Lakes was the find of the year for us, can't wait to return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This Restaurant Was Great!KathyMadisonVIPDined on 7/6/2013My husband and I am so happy we had the opportunity to eat here. We will definitely be back in the near future. Menu selections were varied and flavorful. Service was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was excellent. My serverOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 6/18/2013Food was excellent. My server was very helpful, she was knowledgeable about the food preparation and was attentive. Very nice setting in a wooded area right by the quiet train tracks. Very good, I will return when I am next in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FindLainiebcDined on 6/13/2013A gem of a restaurant. We're visiting in the area and selected it on Open Table. It was our 53rd wedding anniversary, our friends mentioned it to the maitre-d and He couldn't have been more attentive! A big thank you to him a d a beautiful Experience for us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great place!!!ALG123Dined on 6/1/2013We enjoyed good food (steaks& pasta excellent). Soft shell crabs were heavily coated w/bread crumbs NG. We were a party of 6 for dinner. We ordered additional drinks as we ordered our food, one of the couples asked if we could get separate checks (1 per couple). The waiter seemed a bit perplexed by the request. The very accommodating Carlos came to us as we explained what was needed. Our check(s) came...1 per person, as well all of the drinks were put on one tab. It is not our usual to ask for separate checks but we were tying to appease on of the couples. Recommendation is to go to The Station...enjoy the ambiance, the good natured staff, and the DELICIOUS food...just don't order the soft shelled crab or ask for separate checks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food in an Unbeatable SettingmsweetVIPDined on 5/24/2013Surprisingly excellent food, a large menu selection and a dazzling train station setting where outdoor or indoor dinning brings warmth and excitement. A restaurant in the middle of nowhere, this is a top 10 NJ American dinning experience. The make spicy entrees better than anywhere else I've tried. Service is a tad slow and amateurish but that is easily forgiven.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A gem at the stationShowseerVIPDined on 5/14/2013Whenever I'm in the Mountain Lakes area I must go to this absolute gem. Everyone I bring here also becomes a steady customer. Delightful in every respect.Special Features:
- NICE!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/11/2013Have been going here for years on and off and they recently added to the menu and the food is outstanding. I don't recallit being so delicious and fresh!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.