Morton's The Steakhouse - World Trade Center
New York, NY 10006Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
Morton's The Steakhouse - World Trade Center
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.mortons.com/
- Phone: 2126080171x
- Hours of Operation:
Dining Room: Monday to Friday: 1130am - 10pm
Saturday to Sunday: 4pm - 10pm
Bar Hours: Monday to Friday: 1130am - 11pm
Saturday to Sunday: 4pm to 10pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Dan Drucker
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Private and group dining available. Contact our dedicated Sales and Marketing Manager to plan your next business or social event. Hosting a party at your home or office? Ask about Morton’s Prime To Go and Prime Platters!
A word from Morton's The Steakhouse - World Trade Center
Thank you for choosing Morton’s The Steakhouse - New York (World Trade Center). We look forward to serving you. USDA prime-aged beef, succulent seafood, fine wines, chilled cocktails, decadent desserts, crisp white linens and exceptional service...Morton's serves The Best Steak Anywhere. For more than 30 years, Morton's is the steakhouse by which all others are measured. For special events, Private Dining Boardroom information, worldwide location listing, gift cards and online reservations, visit our website. To ensure we can accommodate any special requests, please call the restaurant directly to confirm.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Morton's The Steakhouse - World Trade Center reviews from OpenTable diners
147 reviews since July 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (62)fit for foodies (42)romantic (37)notable wine list (35)good for groups (34)neighborhood gem (33)great for lunch (32)hot spot (16)vibrant bar scene (14)late-night find (11)great for brunch (8)scenic view (2)great for outdoor dining (2)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Mortons never disappointsTall0nVIPDined on 4/20/2014I travel all over the U.S., and while Mortons is a chain restaurant, I trust it enough to know that the service and the quality of the food will be outstanding wherever I go.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unforgettable good experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/20/2014Staff very helpful, checking customers feedback on every dish. Also appreciated on checking our experience on Morton's menu before we ordered and followed by introduction of the day's special. Food quality was very good on strict standard.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experience as alwaysZgaoDined on 4/18/2014Morton's always offer some of the best food paired with incredible service. I have gone to their locations all over the country and never once disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner ReviewMickey62Dined on 4/15/2014It's Mortons. What else can I say. Never have anything but a par excellent at any of their restaurants. Wall Street was no exception. Food was terrific and the staff could not have been more accommodating. Even got a follow up call to make sure that we had a good evening.Special Features:
- Great lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 4/11/2014Tasty and relatively affordable lunch in a neighborhood without a surplus of choices. The expanded lunch menu offers more choices than would expect from a steak house. Definitely worth a try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Morton’s does it again!SteakLoverVIPDined on 3/21/2014Morton’s does it again! I am a regular guest at the WTC location and had some family members in town for the weekend, so naturally we came in for dinner. Our server Michael was terrific. Professional but fun and he had some really great tips for the out of towners. The food was amazing, every steak was cooked perfectly and everyone was raving about how tasty all the accompaniments were. Michael’s recommendation of the Mac and Cheese was right on point! Everyone who works here is so nice, we are always warmly greeted at the door and the managers always come and check to make sure we are happy. If you’re looking to impress, Morton’s won’t let you down!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good but inconsistentRobinNYCVIPDined on 3/18/2014All the food was great. 4 of us ordered the 8 oz filet and i was a little hurt that the two men clearly got bigger steaks than the two women. However everything was perfectly prepared. The service was perfect. And the desserts were giant slabs designed to please. Can be challenging to find the place--its just sou of the world trade center construction fence just east of the est side highway. Two of the group got list but the staff was very accomidating to all of us.
- GoodSteakloverDined on 3/17/2014Everything was great enjoyed all the food. From the bread to dessert, however I have had move flavorable steak before. Over all the steak was cooked well and was not to hard!Special Features:
- good foodJonathanDined on 3/7/2014enjoyed the food but wasn't really thrilled with the dishes. the service was execptional. very attentive and they go above and beyond.Special Features:
- This is a steakhouse!DinerBillDined on 3/7/2014We arrived early yet we left a little late. From Long Island the ride was good for a Friday night into Manhattan. From the Queens Midtown tunnel we took the FDR down to West St. made a right and bang we were there. Immediately past Morton's was an Icon parking garage within walking distance. Terrific so far. We were taken to a booth downstairs and proceeded to relish the warm bread, wine, appetizers and a delicious steak dinner. I could have used a plastic knife to cut the steak, a filet. WE WERE THRILLED!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not worth itsylviaDined on 3/7/2014the wine was great, but the food is not that good as it should be. the steak was overcookedSpecial Features:
- Morton's WTCYummaaaDined on 3/7/2014I've eaten at Morton's for years. WTC is a great location. Stepanie the hostes was awesome. As always, the food was GREAT. Had to order the side of Mushrooms, this is a MUST ORDER. Peter, our waiter suggested a great bottle of wine. (FYI, they have wines by the glass that you would normally have to buy a bottle to try.) Started w/ the Beet Salad, and I'd just like to say, its beets w/ greens and its delicious. We decided to try the rib-eye after is was suggested, it was great along with the Short Rib w/ noodle. I was ordering this no matter what, it is to die for. Great flavor and the meat falls right off the bone. Since it was our anniversary, they brought out a delicious complimentary desert, we were so full but had to eat it all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great end to Restaurant Week!DennisFromQueensDined on 3/7/2014This restaurant has it all, from the beautiful decor complemented by the World Trade Center backdrop, to a delicious menu wirh a variety of different entrees. But the best part of our visit was the wonderful staff at Morton's. From the time my wife and I enter the restaurant, we were welcomed with warm smiles. Even the manager came over to our table to greet us. However, our waitress Tykeisha (hope I spelled her name right) deserves some added praise. She was terrific. Not only did she make some excellent wine and food recommendations, but she managed to make me laugh before I finished eating, which is usually impossible when I'm hungry. I will definitely be returning to Morton's Steakhouse.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingKarenDined on 3/6/2014Food quality is subpar given prices. The restaurant is in the same category as TGIF and Applebee's. Not worth the price!Special Features:
- great spotjosephDined on 3/6/2014Went there for restaurant week lunch...AMAZINGGGG service by Lisa very intimate and attentive, food great every aspect was wonderful. Will be going back again.Special Features:
- Good But SlowMaorkaDined on 3/6/2014Don't come to Morton's if you only have an hour lunch break. I had given myself a full hour and a half for the meal and had a hard stop because of a late afternoon scheduled meeting but noticing early on the slow pace of things I began to fear early on missing it. In the end I had to have them bring me the check with my dessert in order to meet my deadline. That said, the food was good, especially for Restaurant Week where I feel restaurants sometimes slack off. The French Onion Soup was very flavorful and the Pork Chop huge and cooked well, though nothing fancy in terms of garnishment or seasoning. The mashed potatoes were buttery and flavorful. Most disappointing was the cheese cake. It was dense and bland. I much prefer it fluffySpecial Features:
- Really impressedCammie22Dined on 3/5/2014I came here to take advantage of Restaurant Week for lunch. I had the five onion soup, the filet minion, and chocolate mousse. Everything was beyond amazing. The steak melted in my mouth! The service there was also great. Our waitress was so nice. I would definitely go back again.Special Features:
- Restaurant weekDCDinerVIPDined on 3/4/2014I went to Morton's for the Super Bowl delayed Restaurant Week. Clear disappointment on the part of the wait staff when I asked for that menu but service was still very good. A very limited menu but functional. The steak, even for restaurant week, should be better at Morton's than something I can cook at home and this filet definitely was not. A serviceable meal but if I go back to this Morton's I will order off the regular menu.
- Great dinner during Restaurant WeekOpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 3/1/2014Went to Morton's for dinner on a Saturday night during restaurant week. The food was top notch and the service was unbelieveable. I would highly reccomend Mortons at the World Trade Center.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not a great steakhouseOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 2/28/2014There are much better steakhouses in the city. The service was good but the food was subpar.
- mediocre at bestdunstanDined on 2/28/2014more Attention needs to be paid to the table. i shouldn't have to look for server to ask that i need another drink .. their job is to see my drink is goin down and ask if refill is needed ..and remember what each and every person at table is drinking .. i shouldn't have to, again, look for server and suggest to them please get these dirty /empty plates from in front of me .. not from a restaurant charging so much for their meal .. a team should be in place to get people thru their meal . having tasty food is a start but definetely not enuff to keep a customer.. esp not at the prices this restaurant charges
- Outstanding experienceMeetUThereJCVIPDined on 2/28/2014If you are looking for a great dining experience overall for a steakhouse, Morton is a great choice. The service was impeccable without being stuffy, the food was excellent, and the decor is modern (compared to other more old school ones). My friend and I had a great time catching up and we weren't rushed out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant week late lunchGGarcia15Dined on 2/28/2014We went there with some friends after getting a late lunch reservation for 3:30PM through OpenTable (we made sure we selected lunch with the filters on the left when searching for a place, but were handed the dinner menu. The price difference wasn't a dramatic difference, but noticeable. We definitely were surprised to be served dinner before 4PM, tought. Food was very good as expected, the Onion Soup and Fillet standing out, and service was efficient and attentive. I would recommend it to my friends, for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WTC GemTangoDined on 2/28/2014Great lower Manhattan restaurant with excellent steaks and fixingsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HMMMMM expected a bit morecestmoi26VIPDined on 2/27/2014So everyone we encountered were super lovely and the service staff from our great waiter to the manager were professional, nice and fun. I would say the chef needed to be a bit more on point. A group of 4 went to the place for Restaurant week. The apptz were good, then came the main course. I made the mistake of ordering the Lamb medium. The lamb arrived well done, as I showed our waiter he promptly suggesting getting another. Lamb #2 arrived and it was rare! like really? They were lovely about it and sent it back, at that point I was nibbling on the steaks of my friends (which were great) So moral of the story is, don't order anything other than the steak. Pity, expected more. Also nothing was comped as a sorry.Special Features:
- not restaurant week friendly.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/27/2014this is a steakhouse, however, there is no steak on restaurant week menu. Food are not very tasty, just ok. But bread is the best.Special Features:
- great lunchrosewaterDined on 2/27/2014I've been to Morton's many times, it's always great to be back. Everything was good except that the steak wasn't as good as I expected. I will definitely go back again and hoping to get the best steak in town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was very good. However,SvetaDined on 2/27/2014The food was very good. However, the cappuccino was the worst I ever had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great girls night outOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/24/2014I can honestly say that I enjoyed this restaurant a lot. Delicious food, awesome staff..this was a great first time experience and it won't be my lastSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/24/2014I was here recently to celebrate an anniversary and the food, service, ambiance, everything was absolutely excellent. The restaurant knew it was our anniversary and they took a picture of us and put it in a paper frame as a little keepsake, they also bought us out a complementary dessert, their hot chocolate cake with vanilla ice cream. We already ordered desserts but somehow made room for this and we are both so glad we did. The warm cake was so yummy. This was not like the triple chocolate meltdown you get at an Applebee's. This was our first experience at a Morton's and we will definitely be back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- "I love the relaxed atmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/23/2014"I love the relaxed atmosphere of this place. Quite music that permits you to talk. Friendly staff and good service. We came for a family event during a restaurant week, and everybody was pleased with food we order. I also ordered cappuccino at the end-it was very good (that is not too common for a steakhouse).Special Features:
- Restaurant Week FindmortonsDined on 2/20/2014I had the steak for restaurant week. It was pretty good and reasonably sized. Will definitely try again for their regular menu.Special Features:
- Reincarnation but not deja vuOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 2/20/2014A bit of a let down on this reincarnation of Morton's at the WTC. Felt like we were dining in low end chain restaurant. Service was spotty but pleasant. Food was underwhelmingly cooked. Perhaps it was the restaurant week effect. But I am discounting that as an explanation for the menu was not significantly different from their normal lunch offering and pricing. Dessert tasted like it came from a box and was easy to leave unfinished. I don't think I will be rushing back anytime soon. This is disappointing as Morton's used to be my go-to destination for great steaks and a guaranteed top notch service experience.
- Great Food. Great StaffSteakLoverVIPDined on 2/19/2014Had an amazing experience at Morton's World Trade Center. My filet mignon was cooked perfectly and the mashed potatoes were absolutely delicious. As I am typically a business traveler single diner, I always appreciate staff that are engaging. The Assistant Manager Rob was a a pleasure to chat with as he checked on how everything was going. Overall excellent experience - can't wait to go back.Special Features:
- Great placeadvocatrDined on 2/19/2014Restaurant was excellent. Food perfect and service was even better. Nice wine list provided options as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Service and foodakileatsDined on 2/19/2014My husband and I took our daughters during Restaurant Week. The food was excellent as well as the service. We would.definitely recommend this place. The steak was excellent.and.my daughter really enjoyed her salmon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ServiceSebastianDined on 2/16/2014Our server was funny, knowledgable, and very easy to talk to. We had a great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just OkFernandoDined on 2/15/2014We went for a nice saturday supper and it didn´t really blow our minds. The food is fine but definitely not spectacular, the steak is just on the average of NY Steakhouses. The service isn´t awful but isn´t great either, there were two waiters for about 8 tables and managed to do the service slow and confused some of the orders. Definitely won´t come back.
- I love the food at Morton'sCeceliaDined on 2/15/2014I love the food at Morton's everything is so well prepared, and served. The staff take time to let you know about the food, they are very helpful, and extremly friendly, and I like that very much. I really like Morton's daily lunch special, which we go to alot. The staff at the office we alway tru to go the the lunch once a week. It is great and very reasonably. THere is one thing I dont like, their glass of wine is too expensive and it is not worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A so/so Valentines experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/14/2014Both my steak and my girlfriend's were prepared rare even though we ordered medium well. I enjoyed the first bite so much that I decided to eat it as is. My girlfriend sent her dish back to be cooked longer and enjoyed it thoroughly after that. We ate at Morton's on Valentine's day, and everyone in the restaurant had a reservation. Despite knowing in advance exactly how many customers to expect, they were still terribly understaffed and took over an hour to deliver our food after we ordered. If you don't mind waiting for a delicious meal and don't mind sending it back when it's not prepared correctly the first time, then Morton's Steakhouse is for you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.