Highlander Pub & Grill at Scotland Run Golf Club
2626 Fries Mill Rd
Williamstown, NJ 08094Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Highlander Pub & Grill at Scotland Run Golf Club
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.scotlandrun.com/
- Phone: 8568633737x
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Sunday: 10:00am - 2:00pm; Lunch Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 4:00pm, Sunday: 2:00pm - 4:00pm; Dinner Nightly: 4:00pm - Close
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Scottish, Comfort Food
- Executive Chef: Brian Burkhart
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Entertainment: THE BETTER HALF
Jim & Patti Holland
Don"t miss the artistic, soulful stylings of this very talented pair performing a wide range of hits from the 50's thru today from all your favorite artists.
Appearing the last Wednesday of every month from 6:30 to 9:30pm
A word from Highlander Pub & Grill at Scotland Run Golf Club
A popular hot spot for golfers after a round and locals alike, the Highlander Pub and Grill offers casual fare with flair. Here you"ll enjoy a neighborhood tavern atmosphere, delicious menu and hearty portions. The extensive menu offers over-stuffed pub sandwiches, mouth-watering steaks, delectable pasta and seafood dishes and more including upscale, gourmet chef specialties daily. You'll even find authentic Scottish dishes such as Shepherd's Pie, Fish & Chips and Chicken Pot Pie. The Highlander offers an outdoor dining area like none other. The expansive patio over-looking the course is the perfect place to enjoy a drink, have dinner or just relax. And, with an extensive wine menu, diners can delight in sampling featured wines nightly. The Bar also features many imported and domestic draft and bottled beers. The house draft, Belhaven Scottish Ale, has been brewed in Dunbar, Scotland since 1719. The Highlander Pub & Grill is open to the public daily serving lunch & dinner from 11am.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
Highlander Pub & Grill at Scotland Run Golf Club - Best Restaurants in Williamstown ›
Highlander Pub & Grill at Scotland Run Golf Club reviews from OpenTable diners
27 reviews since May 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (17)scenic view (16)great for brunch (12)good for groups (11)great for lunch (8)neighborhood gem (8)romantic (6)special occasion (6)vibrant bar scene (5)kid-friendly (5)fit for foodies (2)notable wine list (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- Enjoyable!birthdayDined on 10/6/2013Celebrating October birthdays.....Scotland Runs brunch was perfect for the occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I made reservations for myJennaDined on 10/4/2013I made reservations for my birthday w/ my family and I wasn't expecting the noise level from the bar, my family literally had to scream at each other to talk. The waiter was excellent very attendant and keeping us informed with the food delay. We had waited for over an hour to get our food, the food was great and would love to come there again but like I said the noise level, and the host didn't seat people correctly to my opinion she should of spaced them out so no one was on top of each other and could have a little bit of privately. The whole time my family & I had to hear a couple behind us arguing about something that wasn't appropriate for that time or place, the Filet Mignon was excellent that's what I got! Loved it!!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- itsindahole scorecarditsindaholeDined on 10/4/2013highly recommend the Highlander - sit outside if you can, slightly prior to dusk - terrific atmosphere. If the weather is uncooperative, the inside isn't a slouch... good value for overall package.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BrunchBrunchieBoyDined on 9/15/2013It was 10:30AM and only five people in the dining room. The Buffet food was not all set up. The waitress did not offer us juice, nor tell us about pancakes or eggs benedict for special order when we sat down. We had to wait for the only one person who was making omellettes and waffles.No maple syrup or ketchup was on the table. But the Prime Rib was delicious, the coffee good, and the pastries plentiful.Special Features:
- Very good with the exceptionNonaDined on 9/13/2013Very good with the exception of the noise level. We expected it to be quieter. We had rejected other restaurants because they are noisy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner and EntertainmentOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/28/2013My friends and I dine at Scotland Run the last Wednesday of every month. We enjoy the Prime Rib Special, mussels in red sauce, salmon and the signature salad. We arrive early enough to get a drink during Happy Hour, eat dinner, and then stay until the entertainment, The Better Half, wraps up. We totally enjoy Patty and Jim Holland and we love to sing and dance to their music.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceJohnDined on 8/28/2013Great lunch experience with my group. Always good food and pleasant service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent!jwetherill17Dined on 8/17/2013My husband and I celebrated our 1 year anniversary at scotland run (which is where we had out wedding reception last year) and had an absolute fantastic time, our waitress was wonderful and very helpful!! Food was delicious like always! I would absolutely recommend anyone to go there!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love the atmosphereJimsLDined on 8/17/2013As always, feels like sitting in a pub on the british isles. Food was good, as usual, but not outstanding. Server was very pleasant, though she forgot my appetizer (and the table next to us - different server)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- All around terribleOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/9/2013From the worst service to the worst food this place was awful. I have NEVER written a review before but this place was just terrible. So much so that I has to rate it. An hour of my life that I will never get back as well as the money that was spent. The service was horrible. Our first waitress was "too busy" to serve us even though there was a total of 5 tables on a Friday night. Guess that's because she was waiting on a table full of her family members. Her "replacement" for our waitress was nowhere to be found most of the time and the food was terrible. Also the live music inside was so loud I couldn't even hear myself talk let alone my husband next to me.
- Pleasantly surprisedOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/7/2013Had not been there to eat for a few years. Food was never really exceptional, so Ididn't expect too much. Two of our party had the Prime Rib special which was excellent. The other 5 had a variety of things,all of which they enjoyed. Service ways good, except for the bus boys,who were a little too eager to keep taking everyone's plates. Atmosphere was nice,but a lot of noise from the bar carried into the dining room. Overall, we had a good meal and pleasant experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I dined at this restauranthappy2dineDined on 8/2/2013I dined at this restaurant a few times before and had very good experiences. However, the service on my last trip was extremely slow even though the restaurant was not overly busy and the steaks were burned even though they were ordered "medium".Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- birthdaypiefaceDined on 7/25/2013The food came out slightly warm,the chicken dishes were dry, the italian dishes had no spice to them. I think your place looks beautiful . I thought the food was going to be fantastic,but was not.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappointedSongbirddeeDined on 7/17/2013No matter what meal we go to Scotland Run for, we are never disappointed. The latest was for their Prime Rib night. The Prime Rib was cooked exactly as we ordered it, medium rare, and seasoned perfectly. Service was excellent. We always enjoy the view of the beautiful golf course while dining, as well.Special Features:
- Food and serviceLizDDined on 7/12/2013Very good service, but the food was just so-so. The presentation of the soft-shelled crab, itself, was unappetizing looking and the taste was wanting. The coconut shrimp appetizer was toooo hotly seasoned so that it overpowered the taste of the shrimp. I've dined at the Highlander on at least three prior occasions, all good.Special Features:
- Great pub just for a lite sandwich,AlexDined on 7/4/2013The pub/restaurant is located at the Scotland Run Golf Course. Very clean, nice atmosphere. Weather permitting you can sit outside and watch the golfers tee off at the 1st hole. For lunch they have a range of burgers, soups, wraps, salads etc.. Dinner is also very good. They do make a good cup of coffee.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great date night with my husband!KristenDined on 6/29/2013Great date night with my husband! Highly recommend for any occasion. Out waiter was adorable and provided us with excellent service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Small portionsOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/29/2013My pasta dish still had a handful of pasta ,as cheap as it is could be double the size at no more cost to present a better meal ,thought it would have improved since last visit !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our waitress was pleasantLouigiVIPDined on 6/28/2013Our waitress was pleasant but overwhelmed with several large group table assignments. Ordered a bottle of beer and before I could request a glass, she was gone in a flash. I waited 10-15 minutes before I got a glass. The same for a missing place setting and tartar sauce for the seafood dinner. It was obvious we weren't her priority. The musical duo in the dining room was so loud they drowned out all table conversation. It was a shame because we've enjoyed this place many times in the past.
- Great Night!OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 6/23/2013Had a great night. The foods was great, the view over the golf course was beautiful. The service was attentive. Will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very relaxing atmosphere withMonoDined on 6/20/2013Very relaxing atmosphere with a fantastic view of the golf course. The food was out of this world. My family had an excellent experience and definitely will be dining at Scotland Run in the future!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- the gross buffetloveyDined on 6/16/2013the buffet for fathers day was the worst food we ever ate. the veggies were beyond sad and gross and everything else was tasteless.Special Features:
- service was slowksweetDined on 6/15/2013We booked online and even wrote to be outside but it didn't matter to the hostess. They sat us inside. I could see there were tables available so that started it off on the wrong foot. Our service was slow when they didn't seem to be very busy. Maybe the kitchen staff was holding things up. Despite those inconveniences the scenery and food was great! I will call next time instead of making the reservation online because they do not honor you wishes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.