XO on Elm
827 Elm St.
Manchester, NH 03102Neighborhood:
Fusion / EclecticPrice: $30 and under
XO on Elm
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.xoonelm.com/
- Phone: 6035607998x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:30pm - 10:00pm
Friday - Saturday: 4:30pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Fusion / Eclectic, Tapas / Small Plates
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We cater any event, we offer a variety to choose from our function menu, contact us for further details, we ll do it all!!!!!
- Entertainment: Live music on the weekends in our patio during our summer season. (weather permitting)
- Special Events: We offer a spacious, beautiful function hall. Great for corporate functions, pharmaceutical talks, rehearsal dinners and much more. Offers full bar, dance floor and cater the menu to your needs! Call for more details.
A word from XO on Elm
XO on Elm located in the heart of Manchester features recognizable cuisine from all over the globe with our chef's fresh twist on it, artfully presented and consistently delicious. Upon opening we were featured in The Hippo Magazine for "Best of the Best" and "Best of Manchester" for tapas. We are proud to say our daily specials are the most unique in all of the area. Sit in our dining room or lounge and feel at home while surrounded by beautiful contemporary decor not to mention our one of a kind street side patio, whether it be for a tapa or a signature martini join us on your next night out.We also offer a spacious, beautiful function hall. Great for corporate functions, pharmaceutical talks, rehearsal dinners and much more. Offers full bar, dance floor and cater the menu to your needs!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
XO on Elm - Best Restaurants in Manchester, NH ›
XO on Elm reviews from OpenTable diners
71 reviews since May 22, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (38)special occasion (26)neighborhood gem (22)romantic (18)great for outdoor dining (17)good for groups (12)hot spot (11)notable wine list (9)vibrant bar scene (8)late-night find (4)great for lunch (2)kid-friendly (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- Great Service, Very Good FoodBertDined on 12/14/2013Although we made reservations and had to wait 20 minutes for table, the staff was very attentive and responsive and provided excellent service. The food was very good and the wine list embraces a wide selection. Would recommend this to others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for Pre-ShowSnowGDined on 12/14/2013Had dinner before the Pops with a small group. Small plates for us - really nice, and really great service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Splendid small restaurant2fromAmherstDined on 12/14/2013Would dine here again without a second thought....... two considerations; it is fairly small, so reservations are a must and there is only on-street parking. It is on a corner, so if you take the first right turn, that street has a fair number of curbside parking spots available. We would park on the roof, if we had to.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Did Not DisappointoutandaboutDined on 12/13/2013Dinner was to celebrate one of our 30 year employees and his wife. They choose XO for it's gluten free items. Service was very good. Food was very good. We had appetizers, dinner, dessert and drinks - reasonable pricing. Wine menu is limited with few higher end wines. All in all a good experience and would definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BobRJGJAGVIPDined on 12/7/2013We were a party of 6 and everyone liked their meals and we all felt the service was very good. The only slight negative we all felt was the seating, no round tables and no booths. This makes conversation for a party of 6 or more a bit awkward. We would definitely return.Special Features:
- First timePaulDined on 12/6/2013This was our first time at this restaurant. Very pleasant experience, food was really good. My only complaint is that the water tasted funny, not sure why.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An evening with Friends at XO!FrequentAreaDinerDined on 12/3/2013We met friends at XO the other night as we know the food has been great, and it was. Very good beer selection, especially the Dog Fish Head 60 Minute ale and Double Bag. Good wine selection. Good service too, the only thing that might be improved is it was a bit chilly in the front dining room where we were seated. Wasn't busy on a Tuesday night, which was great. Really nice selection of Tapas, small plates and entrees.Special Features:
- Yummy Yummy in My TummyAlwaysontheroadVIPDined on 11/18/2013A terrific find in downtown Manchester. Every dish was a unique combination of ingredients and flavors that produced an amazing meal. Each dish was well balanced and artfully done. Service was top notch and flawless, anticipating my every need with impeccable timing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/16/2013Always great service, food and ambience at XO on Elm!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Fun Meal at XOGennyDined on 11/15/2013The highlight of the XO menu is their small (tapas) dishes--they were all excellent. We had the antipasti, calamari, and stuffed grape leaves. For an entree I had their crab cakes--best I've had in awhile--with perfectly grilled asparagus. My husband had the duck--he thought it was ok. Our friend had the seafood pasta--same reaction--ok. And her husband had a very good steak. The wine list is excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, bad bad serviceBagger56Dined on 11/14/2013We enjoyed several different small plates and everything was really prepared well. The chef did well. The service was very very very slow. It took at least 10 minutes to place our drink order. We had to ask the table to be clear. We ordered desert, Chocolate Lava cake and 25 minutes later it was still not there. Our server was not getting orders place. The place is small so make sure and get a booth. Do not sit at a table in the middle or prepare to be bumped a lot.
- DisappointedGaryDined on 11/9/2013This was our 3rd visit to XO on Elm, this visit was less than stellar. Our reservation were at 6:45 and by that time they had already sold out of the evenings specials and several menu items. I ordered the Spinach salad with raspberries, strawberries and blueberries. Disappointed to find only one blueberry. We got more attention from the hostess than our waiter, he obviously had more tables than he could handle. The tables are too small to hold the plates, very tight area to sit and have wait staff whipping by you constantly. Wish they had opened the function room to spread out a little. Not worth the pricey menu and chaotic atmosphere to visit again.
- Great Tapas!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/8/2013What a wonderful evening my boyfriend and I had here! Our waiter was funny and attentive and seemed to take pride in his job, which is very rare nowadays. The wine list is not too bad, lots if options at fair prices. We ordered 2 tapas and an Italian antipasto; just enough food and so very yummy! Overall, great experience. I would recommend this restaurant to anyone, however not really kid friendly on a weekend evening. My boyfriend and I can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- XOReenyVIPDined on 11/8/2013This was my first time at XO and was overall pleased with the restaurant. We dined with some friends and the casual, energetic environment and diverse menu made for a very pleasant evening. The mussels were some of the best I've ever had! However, my scallops entrée was slightly undercooked for my liking. Prices were reasonable and service was friendly. Overall, I recommend and plan to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- bait and switchSubieVIPDined on 10/31/2013restaurant did not update website menu so I arrived to find nothing I wanted at the prices charged (which seemed high for several of the items which were nothing special). I left.
- anniversary dategoodfood1Dined on 10/9/2013My husband and I chose XO for an anniversary date. At first the hostess went to seat us at a table in between two other active tables, but was gracious when we requested a quieter spot. The food was overall very satisfying, and service gracious and genuine. We'll visit again.Special Features:
- XO on Elm didn't disappoint again!FoodForThoughtDined on 10/4/2013Second time dining at XO on Elm, our server Steve was friendly, upbeat, knowledgable, and attentive which ade the great food and atmosphere only better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good night outkdurDined on 9/14/2013Just what we needed, good food, good service and a night out on our own.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful!DanielleDined on 9/14/2013Food was great! Atmosphere is unique and beautiful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First Time DinerBirthdayGirlDined on 9/9/2013There was a good selection of appetizers and meals to choose from. The chicken tortilla soup was delicious, it was served in a crock so there was plenty to satisfy the taste buds. There were 3 of us and each of us liked the taste and presentation of our food. Eggplant Roulade, Lobster Mac n Cheese (Ritz cracker topping seemed a little heavy) and Butcher steak with Parmesan gratin potatoes. I would recommend this place for a dinner that is tasty and relaxing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food...not so great service.IheartfoodDined on 9/6/2013We set a reservation, arrived on time, had to wait 10-15 minutes for our table to be cleaned. Sat down waited at least another ten for our drink order. I had to ask for someone to take our food order. The saving grace was how delicious the food was when we finally got it. However, I won't return because of the stressful dining experience.Special Features:
- Love this restaurant!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/22/2013From cocktails outside to the last drop of wine, this was a delightful evening. Lisa, our beautiful Irish waitress gave recommendations that were spot on. Have the gigs for an appetizer. They are the perfect combination if sweet and savory. Small enough to meet the chef, large enough to have an excellent bar and wine selection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We just had tapas.JPDouglasDined on 8/13/2013Service was great. Martinis are the best around. Crabcakes were very good. Crab Rangoon was wonderful. My wife said there was too much blue cheese on the flatbread, I personally don't understand the phrase "too much blue cheese'! A lot of reviewers seem to like the bread salad. (don't remember the name of it) It was interesting but not my favorite. But all in all it was an enjoyable time and we will be back.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/8/2013Our 1st time at XO on Elm was a treat! The food was beautifully done with respect to taste and presentation. The range of tapas was unusual and the mains were filling. We didn't drink much but viewing the range of wines and cocktails there is something for everyone. GO!....it's pure pleasure.Special Features:
- Love it - can't wait to go back!DanDDined on 8/2/2013I've been wanting to try XO for a long time, and finally was able to go last weekend. What a treat! Comfortable rooms, beautiful atmosphere (especially the bar), fantastic food from start to finish, and the SERVICE!!! Our server was Alexia - hands down, the best server I've ever experienced in the Manchester area. When the bar was too busy, she made the cocktails herself (and made them WELL!). She was extremely professional and personable. *WHEN* (not "if") I return to XO, I am going to request her in advance to make sure that I have her as my server every time. XO is a gem in the improving Manchester dining scene - HIGHLY RECOMMENDED.Special Features:
- GO!SuzieQNHDined on 7/27/2013XO had outstanding food with a menu that offered lots of choices without being overwhelming. They offered a variety of clearly identified items that were vegetarian, vegan and/or gluten free. We had everything from Tapas to dessert and everything was delicious. Our server was courteous and knowledgeable about the menu and the wine list. Food came out at an excellent pace, drinks were a little slow but worth the wait. Overall, this is one of my favorite restaurant experiences.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good mealOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/23/2013Food was good. Service was good but was with a difficult person. Most likely would never make them completely happy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not open!OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 7/10/2013I booked an 11:30am reservation for a lunch meeting in Manchester. Despite the fact there was someone outside, they wouldn't open the door. So we went next door and had a great lunch. They need to update their hours on OpenTable.
- Good food and fun with friendsOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/6/2013The food is very good at XO. However, it is not exactly tapas as you expect. They are only meant for one person to have, almost like a small appetizer. We went with friends and had very good service and food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We love the personal attentionOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/6/2013We love the personal attention and how the owner and staff make a point to remembering us! The jazz and outdoor dining are the most comfortable by far. The new menu items are so good. We shared the soft shell crab and risotto, the lobster tail with risotto and seafood ceviche guacamole. All were very tasty. We continued with many other dishes and fun drinks and all were exceptional. Thanks for adding such a cool vibe to downtown Manchester! We will frequent often and tell everyone to go, so good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The reservation system allowedNotopenDined on 7/2/2013The reservation system allowed me to make a reservation for 11:30am for lunch. When we arrived at the resturant it wasn't even open. Not good considering I was taking 6 fellow co workers out to lunch. We had to go to Portland Pie Company across the street and they were more than accommodating.
- Pricey but worth a try.OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 6/29/2013First visit last weekend for dinner. Cocktails very good, wine selection by the glass no better than typical. The plates and tapas were hit or miss but better than average. Ordered 2 cocktails, 2 glasses of wine, 1 salad, 2 small plates, 5 tapas, 1 desert and 2 coffee. $170 with tip. The last time I spent this much for dinner for 2 I was in Boston. I will return at least once more to order off the entre menu. Ambience is a bit noisy, style is contemporary/modern. All in all pretty good for Manchester, NH.Special Features:
- New TapasOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/21/2013I was excited to try the new tapas, which were good, but on the smaller side...though I do understand the size of tapas. I will say that they did not come out hot though so maybe a temperature/time issue. But overall was very happy. The beef skewer with oyster shooter was great. Beef could have been hotter and more vodka for an actual shooter...but delicious oyster. Well done.Special Features:
- 1st time was the charmsc99Dined on 6/15/2013I have been to XO twice now, and encountered two menus. I was at the restaurant the first weekend of June, and had an excellent meal, and good atmosphere. However, the second time was not as impressive, the Lobster Mac n Cheese (which I had both times) lacked the amount of lobster meat I had the first time, and I preferred the type of pasta used then compared to the bowtie pasta the second time. Also seemed much louder the second time and had a hard time hearing each other over the music, which we asked to be turned down a few times before it finally was.
- Great TapasOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/13/2013The new menu (June 2013) has a great selection of Tapas. We started by ordering 3 each, two that we wanted, and one that was a stretch (to try something new). By the end of the night we had around 6 each, and they were all great. We came back the next day with a larger group, and ordered meals (instead of tapas) and they were fantastic as well. We look forward to the next visit.Special Features:
- They don't really care ifOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/8/2013They don't really care if you have a reservation or not at all! When I finally sat down at the bar. There were some empty tables surrounds me. And the couple sitting next to me at the bar said they have been sitting at the bar and wait for the table for an hour already. Bad services....Special Features:
- Fun downtown spotOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/7/2013We ate at XO on a rainy Friday night. (Outdoor seating is a nice option there in good weather) It seemed to be a busy night - unfortunately there was no one to greet us when we arrived, on time for our reservation. Eventually a busboy came over and attempted to seat us at a small table in the center of the room near a loud group. We looked a bit unhappy, and then luckily the manager showed up to get us set up at a table along the wall, in a more private spot. This rocky start improved once we had food and drink in hand - food was tasty, not over the top innovative, but enjoyable. Many small plate options, which is our eating preference. The cocktail menu is fun, and there seemed to be a decent wine selection. Overall a nice night out.Special Features:
- First time..... Won't be theRickDined on 5/25/2013First time..... Won't be the last!!!! Lamb shank was out of this world. Kudos to the chefSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent...there were 10OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/18/2013Excellent...there were 10 of us and we all enjoyed it. Food was delicious too.Special Features:
- Drinks= excellant definatelyOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/18/2013Drinks= excellant definately recommend the berry lemondrop martini. Food fair, selection not great compared to other Manchester restaurants-steak a little chewy, potato with meal...poor. Our Irish waitress=excellant!