Siena - Smithfield
400 Putnam Pike
Smithfield, RI 02917Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Siena - Smithfield
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.sienari.com/
- Phone: 4013494111
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 3:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Nate Williams
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: With a capacity to hold up to 28 guests in our 'Vineyard' Room, Siena is the perfect location to host your next special event. Whether a family party, bridal/baby shower or corporate event, allow us to assist you in making every detail of your event perfect. At Siena, we work with you to customize your event to meet your individual needs and desires.
- Private Party Contact: Sarah Pumple 4013494111
A word from Siena - Smithfield
Welcome to Siena Tavola serving authentic Tuscan cuisine in a warm and lively atmosphere. Siena Tavola is where families and friends often meet in Italy to casually enjoy each other"s company over earthy wines and simple communal fare. Siena Tavola compliments the trusted menu from the original Siena Restaurant, located on Federal Hill, with many of the warm touches and great food found in kitchens and winebars all over Italy.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Siena - Smithfield - Best Restaurants in Smithfield ›
Siena - Smithfield reviews from OpenTable diners
203 reviews since May 21, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (125)neighborhood gem (107)fit for foodies (78)romantic (77)notable wine list (57)good for groups (57)vibrant bar scene (37)hot spot (26)late-night find (9)great for lunch (8)kid-friendly (3)great for brunch (2)scenic view (1)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Great food, good atmosphereAbaiDined on 8/25/2013I took my girlfriend here for our 18 month anniversary and the food was excellent. The atmosphere and ambiance was also quite good. The only complaint was being seated at a table a little bit after we had requested, but other than that, I would recommend this place for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Absolutely Love Siena!BiffLovesFoodDined on 8/25/2013This is now my second time dining with my wife at Siena Smithfield. We absolutely love the food, the atmosphere, the staff, everything! I look forward to dining again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/24/2013This is my second visit to Siena in Smithfield and a great one. The staff is very friendly from the moment you walk in. You're seated and you are immediately acknowledged. Great specials, great food, amazing martinis!!! Overall amazing experience. Will be visiting them again soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My husband and I have suchGreatDined on 8/23/2013My husband and I have such a great time we told my brother and him and his wife went the night after!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousMattblatt77Dined on 8/23/2013I absolutely love their meatball with ricotta cheese and pasta fagiole soup. Anytime I go I have to get both!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not going back soonDisappointedDined on 8/23/2013The Martinis were good, but food was just okay, and very expensive for what it was. A small side of pasta in lieu of the few green beans & 1" square of polenta given with the meal was $5 extra, really? Also, our server was more interested in taking care of the larger party next to us (we were only a party of 2).
- Great dining experienceCoachDined on 8/23/2013Siena certainly sets the benchmark for excellence in dining Beautiful decor well trained staff but most importantly great foodSpecial Features:
- Excellent foodDavepDined on 8/22/2013The food I had here was the best food I've ever eaten! Five star experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It's about time Smithfield!!!HelbaxDined on 8/22/2013We love Siena. Food is fab prices are great. We dine there or sit at bar. Gone with big party,family,friends and just the 2 of us for Late night bite. Love it!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was very good. Our waiterandrewDined on 8/22/2013Food was very good. Our waiter was extremely knowledgeable of the menu and also very personable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent dinner and serviceColesDined on 8/22/2013Excellent wines and delicious cioppino! The goat cheese salad was amazing. The staff and servers were really friendly and though the place was hopping they assisted each other as food was ready to be served.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mostly pleasedDaniellaDined on 8/21/2013I found my overall experience very good. Our waiter was extremely pleasant and informative but we had to wait a long time for food and our check. One other recommendation would be a change in the music.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Smithfield finally has fine dining!CutyherDined on 8/21/2013Siena has finally brought a fine dining option to Smithfield. The wine list, cocktails and knowledgable servers help make dinner a nice experience. We have been pleased with the seafood entrees but be sure to try the delicious pasta bolognese! It's a surprising treat. The lemon creme brûlée is a lovely dessert and a perfect way to end a wonderful dinner!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One small issueluveatingout1Dined on 8/20/2013I have been to Siena several times and your food is excellent. However, on my last visit, my meal was unusually salty. I had the Bucatini w/pepper cream sauce (my favorite dish). I realize chef's love salt (with good reason) but please note there is a limit to it's use.Special Features:
- outstandingliketoeatDined on 8/20/2013This was a memorable dining experience. The good was outstanding, the staff was attentive and friendly. The artichoke appetizer was to die for, and the filet could be cut with a fork. Only suggestion is that menu nor staff mentions that entrees come with veggies etc so one thinks one has to order a side and then it is too much food. We will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- sienaGeorgiaDined on 8/18/2013We had a very small table for 2. I think Siena is a fine dining place but I would have preferred more room or a booth to sit in. The food is very well prepared and makes a nice show but the portions are a bit scant. The atmosphere is very beautiful. the Noise level because of the loud music is not pleasant when one is trying to have a conversation. all in all I thought the experience was good.Special Features:
- Located in a strip mall, surroundedBruinsRuleVIPDined on 8/18/2013Located in a strip mall, surrounded by fast food joints and probably the only upscale dining option in the area. They've only been open for a few months at this location, but have two other successful locations. Food quality was very good. We split several appetizers (fried calamari, big meatball, and fig pizza), which were all delicious. For entrée, I had the filet mignon special. Steak was slightly overcooked from the medium rare ordered, but was still very tender. Side of truffle fries were also tasty. Waitress was attentive and knowledgeable of the menu. We had a party of 7 and the large party before us was slow to finish their meal. Manager stepped right in and moved tables together so we could be seated on time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Celebrated my wife's 50 thPeteDined on 8/18/2013Celebrated my wife's 50 th birthday overall experience Was pretty good. however we all seemed to struggle On ordering as it appears it was somewhat of a Limited menu. Food had been pretty good service was excellent! Drinks were well made and proportioned .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food with lots of ParkingLuvyogandfoodDined on 8/18/2013We went to try the new Smithfield location of Sienna, having dined at the Federal Hill location in the past. The new location is spacious - beautifully decorated with excellent service and plenty of parking which make it easy to enjoy. The menu and food are essentially identical to their other location. We enjoyed a wonderful salad, chicken and sea bass. My fish was the best I can ever remember having, melted like butter, accompanied with perfectly cooked green beans. My only glitch was I had to pay for my second vegetable when I could not eat their second side due to dietary restrictions. Frankly this is the kind of thing that keeps people with food allergies or intolerances away from fine establishments.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner for TwoPatBDined on 8/17/2013My friend and I had a wonderful time at Sienna because of its excellent food, service and drinks. My specialty cocktail was delicious while my friend had his usual vodka gimlet served from shakers with sides of ice. The appetizer, portobello mushroom with spinach cheese and pancetta was wonderful. The pinot grigio I had with the meal was excellent and my friend had a red wine suggested by the waitress and he loved it. The main meal was enjoyed by both of us. I had the broiled swordfish with the green beans and polenta. He had steak with green beans and polenta. For dessert we shared the chocolate bread pudding, which was delicious and accompanied by tea and coffee.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TOP OF MY LIST!!DyanDined on 8/17/2013Went for my birthday. Everything from the service to the food was fantastic!! Great place to dress up a little and enjoy a relaxing romantic meal. Siena is at the top of my list!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love SienaLeenie1414Dined on 8/16/2013So happy there's a Siena in Smithfield! Loved the East Greenwich and Providence locations, now it's closer:)Special Features:
- Better Food in ProvidenceSoldiersAngelDined on 8/16/2013The location shouldn't matter with regard to the food, but does. Calamari was tasteless. Pasta overcooked. Caesar salad so so. Tiramisu the best of everything. Wouldn't rush back to any Siena. Consistency lacking.
- High end quality at it's best.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/16/2013Best food ever. Every aspect was perfect. Professional wait staff. Nice indoor setting. Only downside was that noise level was very high. This was on a Friday evening at the busiest time. My sword fish was the best ever. Love this restaurant and plan to be back many more times.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My friends and I dine ourBF63Dined on 8/15/2013My friends and I dine our often and have visited the other two Siena and we really like the size of the Smithfield restaurant. One friend had been there 2 other times and she picked it as it was her Birthday.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was OKDianaDined on 8/15/2013Made a reservation for 7 and didn't sit until 730. Food was mediocre at best. Restaurant was loud. It was my husband's birthday and I had requested them to sing and they "do not sing". Was not impressed.Special Features:
- Can't stay away!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/10/2013This restaurant just gets better and better with each visit.Special Features:
- UnhappyDiningwithfriendsDined on 8/9/2013This was our 2nd time to Siena. When it first opened it was very good. This time, well......We ordered our 1st drink and then had to wait 20 minutes or so to get it. Service was very slow, they seemed confused. Our food was not hot. One of the entrees had to go back. it was the wrong order. Filet Mignon was very good but not presented as we ordered it. That was cold also. The waitress was very nice and kept apologizing but she also seemed overwhelmed. I would maybe try it again in the future with hopes that these issues will be worked out
- Enjoyableliftw8Dined on 8/9/2013My wife and I have had the opportunity to have dinner at all three Sienna locations. As always the atmosphere and food were very good. Unlike the Sienna in Providence and Warwick, the portion size in Smithfield was small. Also, the standard side with the majority of the entrees was polenta. To make any changes to your sides resulted in an up charge. I'm sure we will dine at Sienna again but will wait until later in the year to see what menu changes are made. Everyone deserves a second chance!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nothing SpecialdisappointedDined on 8/9/2013We were looking forward to visiting the new Siena in Smithfield. The area is in sore need of a good restaurant. Unfortunately, we came away feeling it was nothing special. We enjoyed a fabulous bottle of wine and our server was a delight, but the food was just OK. The pizza appetizer was severely over cooked, as was the grilled portobello with goat cheese/pancetta. We both enjoyed the scallop & sea bass dinner, but the polenta was dry and tasteless. Overall, everything was over-salted to the extreme. The decor is well done. We will probably give it one more try before writing it off, but won't be rushing back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Only thing missing is flexibilitysatisfiedDined on 8/9/2013The food is great; the service is attentive; the menu is delectable. The only thing is you get what the chef prepares and substitutions are discouraged and in one case, potatoes, not in the restaurant. there are many folks that do not care for risotto and should be accommodated, but I would go there at least twice a month. It is that good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this place.......thisOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/8/2013Love this place.......this location is now one of my favorites....I love the Federal Hill location but this one is so convenient...I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service, very good foodBrownEyedGirlVIPDined on 8/8/2013The artichoke appetizer is to die for, but hubby's calamari rings were extra large and could have been crispier. My corn flour gnocchi dish was delicious but somewhat salty. Heather, our server, is very young but service was spot on and pleasant.
- Very nicePpppDined on 8/7/2013I never used open table before but it worked perfect. We got to the restaurant right at the time of our reservation and got seated right away. This was a great start to a great meal. The service was great. Very attentive without being overbearing. The food was very good and not over priced. Desert and coffee was a great way to end the evening. My hat is off to the chef for modifying a dish I requested (since I am a vegetarian). Be sure to make a reservation but it is well worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WE WILL BE BACK!ireneDined on 8/4/2013MY HUSBAND AND I WANTED TO TRY SOMETHING DIFFERENT AND WE WERE VERY PLEASED. THE FOOD AND SERVICE WERE GREAT! AND, THE PRICE WAS REASONABLE. THE BREAD WAS SUPER ! I COULD HAVE SAT THERE ALL DAY JUST EATING THE BREAD AND BUTTER! WE WILL BE BACK.Special Features:
- Awesome service, awesome ambiance,michelleharterDined on 8/3/2013Awesome service, awesome ambiance, food was supurb....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrific Hot Spot Vibe & Food!RealtorCDined on 8/2/2013Our first dining experience at Siena in Smithfield was a hit. The atmosphere was fun and aesthetically attractive, I would say it has the potential of a romantic nice conversational place yet the noise level is too high. The selection of martininis were inventive and delicous. From our grilled funghi pizza appetizer to our seafood special with wonderfully sized scallops, shrimp, lobster meat and crab over a bed of fettucinie with a light white wine cream was truley phenomenal (my guests were putting their forks in my plate for tastings). Will definitely return the only suggestion would be our service was polite yet it did lag at many points of the night where we were looking for our waiter, but overall excellent restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Would go againHealthy2Dined on 8/2/2013Very happy with overall experience. Sevice was outstanding. Was not rushed at all!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great upscale place...PhilTympsDined on 8/1/2013This is a great neighborhood restaurant that makes you feel like your in the big city. Service and food were well above average and they had a great specials selection which usually means a cooking staff looking to please.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wow!luveatingout1Dined on 8/1/2013Of the three Siena's, this one is the best! Highly recommend the Artichoke appetizer w/Broccoli cream sauce.........mmmmmmmmmm Excellent pasta dish (Bucatini ai Pepe). My wife had an excellent Salmon dish. This one is on my official rotation list!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.