Siena - Smithfield
400 Putnam Pike
Smithfield, RI 02917Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Siena - Smithfield
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.sienari.com/
- Phone: 4013494111
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 3:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Nate Williams
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: With a capacity to hold up to 28 guests in our 'Vineyard' Room, Siena is the perfect location to host your next special event. Whether a family party, bridal/baby shower or corporate event, allow us to assist you in making every detail of your event perfect. At Siena, we work with you to customize your event to meet your individual needs and desires.
- Private Party Contact: Sarah Pumple 4013494111
A word from Siena - Smithfield
Welcome to Siena Tavola serving authentic Tuscan cuisine in a warm and lively atmosphere. Siena Tavola is where families and friends often meet in Italy to casually enjoy each other"s company over earthy wines and simple communal fare. Siena Tavola compliments the trusted menu from the original Siena Restaurant, located on Federal Hill, with many of the warm touches and great food found in kitchens and winebars all over Italy.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Siena - Smithfield - Best Restaurants in Smithfield ›
Siena - Smithfield reviews from OpenTable diners
200 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (122)neighborhood gem (105)fit for foodies (76)romantic (74)good for groups (59)notable wine list (58)vibrant bar scene (37)hot spot (26)late-night find (9)great for lunch (8)kid-friendly (3)great for brunch (2)scenic view (1)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Each year we look fot a newOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 12/29/2013Each year we look fot a new restaurant to celebrate our anniversary, and after 29 years we have experience most of the great restaurants in the Providence area. One of our all-time favorites is Siena in Federal Hill, so we thought we would give the Smithfield location a try...we were not disappointed! Our server (Merry) was very attentive and timed the serving of each of the courses perfectly, and the food was was every bite as good as the Fedral Hill location! We would definitely recommend this restaurant, and will enjoy it again in the near future!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Will be back!ChasemanDined on 12/28/2013Great food and atmosphere! Found service a bit slow, seems like we waited for our dinner for too long but it was well worth the wait! Can't wait to go back!!Special Features:
- Lovely Dining ExperienceWe3likedDined on 12/27/2013The dining room was beautifully decorated for the holidays. All the staff were welcoming, efficient and friendly. There were three of us; one had a chicken dish, one had a veal dish and I had swordfish, all three were terrific and oerfectly cooked. Portions were appropriate. The Caprese salad was outstanding, the salad special of the day was terrific with a winter vegtable added. The lemon creme brûlée was truly fantastic. We all decided we would want to return soon, it was a very enjoyable evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent spot!RuthieDined on 12/27/2013I took 4 others besides me. Two of my kids 56 and 49 from Florida, my sister and my boyfriend............Everyone was satisfied with the food and the drinks Very pleased and satisfied..........Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This the third Siena's thatShaihaludeDined on 12/22/2013This the third Siena's that I've dined at. Found all three to be excellent and rival RI's tops-Café Nuovo and Capricios. My experiences with these resturants began on a Sunday when I was alone looking for a place to have dinner. I called the Providence location and asked if during hour if they had service for one. At the time I was traveling extensive ly and on numerous occasions I was told that there was service for one and after over an hour wound up eating at the bar. When I arrived at the Providence location I waited while a table was set up for one diner. I've never had a bad experience at this chain and I found the Smithfield location living up to the quality in food, service and ambience I expect. Look forward to future visits.Special Features:
- Love it but strange load musicRIDinerDined on 12/20/2013Siena is a wonderful restaurant! It's great to finally have a local place for fine dining with interesting and delicious food. I love everything about it except the very loud music which seems oddly out of place and does not fit the otherwise beautiful atmosphere they've so carefully created. I love music and have an extensive, eclectic collection so this isn't about not understanding music, it's about how inappropriate music at an inappropriate level can detract from an otherwise wonderful experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Service wonderful atmospherehnault0710Dined on 12/15/2013This restaurant is new, so we were not sure what to expect when we got there. The place is beautiful inside. But what was even more impressive was the staff. Every staff member from the hostess to the bartenders, from the waitresses, to the water servers were spot on attentive, professional, and happy. The food was spectacular. I had the Steak Giuseppe. It was cooked perfectly and had wonderful flavor. We indulged in some parmesan truffle oil fries that were very yummy. My husband had had a seafood dish which he savored. We ended the night with a chocolate bread pudding. There was not a crumb left on the plate. It was all so delicious. I would highly recommend this to anyone looking for a great dining experienceSpecial Features:
- Food was great and the serviceJerryDined on 12/14/2013Food was great and the service was excellent. I will be back for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Greeting was poornansisterVIPDined on 12/14/2013Once again we had a negative experience upon entering Siena Smithfield. Host/hostess ignored us. Host/owner actually looking beyond me to acknowledge a man who entered later. (I'm a woman.) When the last member of our party arrived, she was told we weren't there yet. She waited 20-minutes without being acknowledged again. She thought we were late-we thought she was late. Food is great, but the restaurant needs to work on first impressions.
- Inconsistent with other locationsSlitlampVIPDined on 12/13/2013Upon this visit to the most recent addition to this restaurant, in Smithfield, I was left very disappointed. The evening started out fantastic with a great cheese and meat plate. Unfortunately, the main course was the demise of the evening. The braised short rib was poorly presented on a large plate with a portion so small it looked overmatched by the green beans. The meat was dry and not very tender. Very disappointing on the addition of so called risotto on the plate that was barely visible. My dining partner had the frutti di mare which was so so. The only positive from this evening was the apologetic manager and waiter who apologized for the poor meal. Very attentive to the concerns. I must praise them for their attention.
- What'd you say?JeanvaljeanDined on 12/12/2013My wife and I went to Siena early Thursday evening after a wake and thought we deserved a nice, quiet dinner. Everything was nice until they started playing loud Christmas music. Our waitress sent over a manager who apologized who said she would take care of it. They may have lowered the volume but we couldn't tell. Too bad. Just another sports bar but with really good food.Special Features:
- Food is always great. ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/8/2013Food is always great. Service is always great. Best there is. I used to go to the Siena in Providence regularly. Recently I tried the one in Smithfield. I find it more spacious, and easier to make reservations so it has quickly become my go to spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall food quality was good,STEVEDined on 12/7/2013Overall food quality was good, some items were very good. One or two not to our liking. The chef seems to have a heavy hand with cream on the creamy items on the menu, so beware if you are like us, we like a "creamy" dish once in a while, but not over the top cream. Some chefs have become very adept at incorporating cream into recipes in a balanced manner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent night out!ErinDined on 12/7/2013My husband and I went out here for our anniversary. A great meal, nice atmosphere, and a lovely waitress. Thanks for a nice night out!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I was very happy with my experienceKarenDined on 12/6/2013I was very happy with my experience, however I am not a huge eater and I found my portion of sea bass did not fill me up, particularly for the price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A triple play for Siena!labloomDined on 12/5/2013Siena in Smithfield is beautiful! We were greeted warmly by the hostess, who was not flustered at all after we had checked in and then spotted some friends sitting at the bar so we went over to chat a bit. When we returned to the hostess she politely had us seated in a cozy table near their beautiful fireplace. After looking at the familiar menu (( have dined many times in Providence and EG), I choose to have a perfectly made, and poured Ketel One Martini, I then choose an artichoke app, to share with my friend. She had the butterflied veal chopped, which I tasted, and was excellent, and I had my all time favorite the chiopinni (sp.)! Food, drinks, and service were excellent!Special Features:
- AnniversarywineanddineDined on 12/1/2013Tried the new Sienna in Smithfield. Pleasantly surprised by this hidden jewel. The food was unique and out of this world! Our waitress was very friendly and made celebrating our 5th year Anniversary a very special occasion! The Amaretto pork dish was incredible as was the eggplant and tiramisu! Highly recommend to friends.Special Features:
- Great nightLynneDined on 11/30/2013Everything was great! The food, the service and most of all our company! :) We will definitely be back!Special Features:
- Food excellencegwdexDined on 11/30/2013The dining was great at Siena last Saturday. We brought out of state guests who were very impressed with the food, ambience and service. Wonderful evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- rwhoggbhockeyVIPDined on 11/30/2013Great new find for my wife and I. Everything was great, except for the fact that we were given a very small table, and constantly had to ask servers to remove plates to give us room to be comfortable.Special Features:
- Put in small side roomTwoeatersVIPDined on 11/29/2013Even though we had a reservation we were put in a small side room. Within about 15 mins the room was empty except for us. Nobody else was seated in the room. Kind of felt like little kids that were being punished. There were tables available in main dining roommate during our entire meal.I would recommend this to a friend.
- My Favorite of the three locationsDeeCDined on 11/29/2013Loved the ambiance. Both the filet and the sirloin were amazing. Server was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pre-holiday slumpOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/27/2013I have been to this restaurant and enjoyed the food. Wednesday night the specials were uninspired and the food just OK.Special Features:
- Tight seating and our seatsMrsFDined on 11/27/2013Tight seating and our seats were located in an area where the table was constantly catching the draft every time the door opened. This will not keep me from going back, but will make me become a pesky diner who asks for a different table if it appears I am going to be placed in one of these seats.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great foodprotondoVIPDined on 11/23/2013The food and service is great! Chilean Sea Bass one of the best I have eaten. Great Restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 5 times in 2 monthsRobdeezDined on 11/22/2013This resteraunt is just what the area needed. As someone who loves to eat in the hill, but hates the getting there. This is great. The food, the staff, drinks, are spot on. I've been here five times in the last two months and someone who is a steak snob. The steak has been consistently amazing. Giuseppe steak with Gorgonzola cream sauce "wow". The staff are knowledgable about the menu, with many meat, olive and cheese boards waiting to be created by you. Yum. I say skip the trying to decide and go all the meat, cheese, and olives they have available and the special cheese and splurge. You deserve it. If you don't, you will feel as if you do after eating. Cheers. Amazing food each and every time. Thank you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Siena in Smithfield, RIDinerN1Dined on 11/22/2013We had a great meal with superior service and a beautiful table right near an open fire place. Highly recommend this restaurant that is new to the Smithfield area. We've needed a place like this in Smithfield for those special occasions.Special Features:
- Awesome!CuttyDined on 11/21/2013Great food from apps to dessert! Waitress was friendly and knowledgable. Atmosphere was perfect for a party of four Birthday celebration.Special Features:
- Great food and a much neededOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/20/2013Great food and a much needed addition to the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fallon was superb!AnnieDined on 11/19/2013Our service was exemplary ,Fallon was our waitress and she did an outstanding job. It was refreshing to dine at restaurant with good service...as well as a delicious meal. Good times!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodPattyDined on 11/19/2013Enjoyable experience ! the drinks,appetizers ,main course & dessert were all outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- gave it a tryOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/16/2013food was good, apertizers portions small, way too much nonsense about cheese apertizers we ordered, SMALL portions again! My veal chop was perfect, however I had too put on my glasses to fined the polenta and vegetables Ok I would not put on our weekly dinning listSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was out of this worldExcellentimebyallDined on 11/16/2013The food was out of this world and service was wonderful!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was good and nicelySpencerDined on 11/15/2013The food was good and nicely presented. I had the salmon which was perfectly cooked, the truffle fries were tasty but a little on the cool side when served. My favorite was the cheese, olive and prosciutto board...excellent choice to have on a menu. On the negative side the music is way too loud...you have to compete with it while trying to enjoy conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reviewprime13Dined on 11/14/2013The overall experience was great the ambience of the restaurant was nice and I love the booth area. The food was very well done and presented in a fancy quality.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It's nice to go to a restaurantMelissaDined on 11/12/2013It's nice to go to a restaurant where there are multiple of the same ones in the state and have the same experience with all three. It's not a cliche it's really nice as a customer to know what to expect and know that you won't be disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time at this locationFoodieDined on 11/10/2013Took our parents for dinner here on a Sunday and we all loved it. We were concerned about the noise level because it was located in a strip mall, but you would never have guessed it was! Ambiance was fine, food terrific, and they were ale to accommodate our request for pizza bolognese which I was told is a must have! It was wonderful. Only reason I dinged service is that they didn't give any tools for use with lobster in my moms Cioppino. We used our hands, which worked out ok just a little messy.Special Features:
- Great food, presentation isSammyDined on 11/7/2013Great food, presentation is well done and prices are not too bad. The best cosmo I've had in a long time!Special Features:
- Great Italian FoodGaryDined on 11/5/2013Everything we had was fantastic, from the apps to the main course.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bland, bland, blandJuanitaG8Dined on 11/3/2013We took my mom there for her birthday. Service was great, but the food was really bland. None of our meals were well seasoned and salt seemed totally absent. Desserts were also disappointing. Stinks since everyone, especially our waitress, was so nice. The ambience is great also.