Siena - Smithfield
400 Putnam Pike
Smithfield, RI 02917Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Siena - Smithfield
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.sienari.com/
- Phone: 4013494111
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 3:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Nate Williams
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: With a capacity to hold up to 28 guests in our 'Vineyard' Room, Siena is the perfect location to host your next special event. Whether a family party, bridal/baby shower or corporate event, allow us to assist you in making every detail of your event perfect. At Siena, we work with you to customize your event to meet your individual needs and desires.
- Private Party Contact: Sarah Pumple 4013494111
A word from Siena - Smithfield
Welcome to Siena Tavola serving authentic Tuscan cuisine in a warm and lively atmosphere. Siena Tavola is where families and friends often meet in Italy to casually enjoy each other"s company over earthy wines and simple communal fare. Siena Tavola compliments the trusted menu from the original Siena Restaurant, located on Federal Hill, with many of the warm touches and great food found in kitchens and winebars all over Italy.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Siena - Smithfield - Best Restaurants in Smithfield ›
Siena - Smithfield reviews from OpenTable diners
193 reviews since June 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (121)neighborhood gem (95)fit for foodies (78)romantic (72)good for groups (58)notable wine list (57)vibrant bar scene (36)hot spot (31)late-night find (12)great for lunch (7)kid-friendly (3)great for brunch (2)great for outdoor dining (2)Show More
- Fantastic!BarbaDined on 1/25/2014Everything was great,,,food, service and atmosphereSpecial Features:
- First visitJimmyJenDined on 1/25/2014This was our first visit to this location of Siena. I loved the design and it had a good vibe. Food and service was very good. We definately recommend this to friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food. Odd service decisions.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/25/2014We were the first people in and were sat at a very small table in the center of the restaurant. There was a large table next to us and all of the booths were open so it was kind of an odd decision by the manager. The service was great and the waitress was very helpful and friendly until it got busy. It felt like she had way too many tables and we ended up waiting quite a while for our plates to be cleared.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food overrated and overpriced.ColeDined on 1/24/2014My wife's swordfish, while tasty, had cooled by the time it was served. I had the white pasta fagiola which was good, a baby spinach salad, which did not taste fresh, and wanting something light as an entree, opted for the chicken medallions. These were described as being lightly breaded and were anything but. I must have missed the word "fried" on the menu which would be my mistake and had assumed a sautéed preparation. This is our second visit to Sienna (went to Providence location previously). Both times we have come away with similar feelings. We have dined in many Italian restaurants in RI and NYC. Siena's owners would do well to visit Trattoria Romano in Lincoln and Remi, or Pepolino in NY for inspiration.Special Features:
- Pretty good food, service was OKmc01Dined on 1/24/2014I thought my meal was pretty good. I had rigatoni & sausage in a mushroom sauce which was very flavorful. I also ordered a vegetable side dish, which unfortunately didn't arrive until we were almost done. I didn't ask, but it was taken off the bill, which was nice. However, I would have preferred to eat it with my meal, rather than at home the next day. I felt our waitress tried too hard to "sell us" on drinks, desserts, etc., and she came over a few times and started talking at us when we were having a conversation, which I thought was rude to do without first saying "excuse me". She left the bread but took our bread plates away before our meal came. When one of us asked for another bread plate, she never brought it. Not overly impressed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food and service.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/19/2014I'm not one for giving reviews but I will for Siena. Although it would not be on the top of my list, it was a pleasant experience. The waitress we had was very polite and personable. The food was out quick and tasted good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved it!JFerraroDined on 1/19/2014My fiance and I had date night at Siena and love it! The food was delicious and the menu was unique. Great food, great drink, great ambience. The menu was a little $$$ but worth it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Hit!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 1/18/2014After dinner here with girlfriends, I recommended this for a couples night out. Everyone was pleasantly surprised and very pleased. Service was excellent and food was very good. Great ambience...we'll definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodLovefood123Dined on 1/17/2014The food was great. I was not disappointed when eating the appetizers, entrées and the dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sensational!MaxyDined on 1/14/2014My favorite restaurant in RI. I have not been disappointed yet. It's an exceptional dining experience. The food is phenomenal. Need I say more.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food Great, Service still slowFam6Dined on 1/12/2014We have been to Siena about 5 times since it opened. Everytime the food is fabulous, but the service is slow! On this last visit, the timing of the service seemed to be going good, but once the restaurant got busy, the service slowdown was noticeable. It felt like it took forever for our server to collect our plates when we were done eating, and there was a long pause before he came back to talk about dessert. Paying the check took an enormous amount of time too. We were there almost three hours, when in my opinion it should have taken 1.5 to 2 hours at the most. Not that I like to rush my dinner, but when the wait between courses is prolonged, it makes you feel like you've been forgotten...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We had a wonderful experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/11/2014We had a wonderful experience at Siena in Smithfield. The food was over the top. I had the filet and it was perfect with parmesan risotto. I loved it! For an appetizer I had the stuffed baby artichoke hearts. They were so good, I could have made a meal out of them. One person in our party had the beet salad. He just raved about it. And then there was dessert. It was so good! The fried dough with cinnamon and sugar and the cinnamon ice cream with a little chocolate on the side - what more can I say!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/11/2014Siena is on my top 10 Favorite Restaurants. The food was delixious and I loved the ambience.Special Features:
- Great food - tiny tableOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 1/10/2014My husband and I ate there Friday night; luckily we had made a reservation because the wait was an hour without one. Due to the popularity, the restaurant has crammed as many tables as possible into the space. If I wanted to sit next to a stranger going on about her minimal body fat, her protein intake, and her IBS, I could stay in Providence and go to one of the many packed restaurants there. We were much too close to the people next to us. Despite the droning obsession about one's physical state, the food was excellent and our server was wonderful. We just had to accept the closeness and enjoy ourselves anyway. Perhaps we'll try it on a weeknight next time?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- special occasionOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/8/2014we were celebrating my daughters birthday and they were very nice and made her a special dessert plate and candle!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First Visit @ LocationOmegaDined on 1/8/2014Have previously visited other Siena locations, and Smithfield's facility holds true to my past experiences. The food and service were great, as was the atmosphere. My only grumble, which is a slight one, is that our party was seated in the corner and was likely because it was quite busy. Would definitely visit again, however, as well as recommend to others.Special Features:
- Cozy for dinner nice fireplace.CelebrateDined on 1/7/2014Cozy for dinner nice fireplace. Very clean. Excellent waiter. Food is good but portions are small. And no pasta with meal. Nice place to go with family or friends that's local and easy to park car.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time visit.LincolnDined on 1/5/2014Very nice decor. Waitress was very pleasant. Courses were timed very well and the food was fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Each year we look fot a newOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 12/29/2013Each year we look fot a new restaurant to celebrate our anniversary, and after 29 years we have experience most of the great restaurants in the Providence area. One of our all-time favorites is Siena in Federal Hill, so we thought we would give the Smithfield location a try...we were not disappointed! Our server (Merry) was very attentive and timed the serving of each of the courses perfectly, and the food was was every bite as good as the Fedral Hill location! We would definitely recommend this restaurant, and will enjoy it again in the near future!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Will be back!ChasemanDined on 12/28/2013Great food and atmosphere! Found service a bit slow, seems like we waited for our dinner for too long but it was well worth the wait! Can't wait to go back!!Special Features:
- Lovely Dining ExperienceWe3likedDined on 12/27/2013The dining room was beautifully decorated for the holidays. All the staff were welcoming, efficient and friendly. There were three of us; one had a chicken dish, one had a veal dish and I had swordfish, all three were terrific and oerfectly cooked. Portions were appropriate. The Caprese salad was outstanding, the salad special of the day was terrific with a winter vegtable added. The lemon creme brûlée was truly fantastic. We all decided we would want to return soon, it was a very enjoyable evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent spot!RuthieDined on 12/27/2013I took 4 others besides me. Two of my kids 56 and 49 from Florida, my sister and my boyfriend............Everyone was satisfied with the food and the drinks Very pleased and satisfied..........Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This the third Siena's thatShaihaludeDined on 12/22/2013This the third Siena's that I've dined at. Found all three to be excellent and rival RI's tops-Café Nuovo and Capricios. My experiences with these resturants began on a Sunday when I was alone looking for a place to have dinner. I called the Providence location and asked if during hour if they had service for one. At the time I was traveling extensive ly and on numerous occasions I was told that there was service for one and after over an hour wound up eating at the bar. When I arrived at the Providence location I waited while a table was set up for one diner. I've never had a bad experience at this chain and I found the Smithfield location living up to the quality in food, service and ambience I expect. Look forward to future visits.Special Features:
- Love it but strange load musicRIDinerDined on 12/20/2013Siena is a wonderful restaurant! It's great to finally have a local place for fine dining with interesting and delicious food. I love everything about it except the very loud music which seems oddly out of place and does not fit the otherwise beautiful atmosphere they've so carefully created. I love music and have an extensive, eclectic collection so this isn't about not understanding music, it's about how inappropriate music at an inappropriate level can detract from an otherwise wonderful experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Service wonderful atmospherehnault0710Dined on 12/15/2013This restaurant is new, so we were not sure what to expect when we got there. The place is beautiful inside. But what was even more impressive was the staff. Every staff member from the hostess to the bartenders, from the waitresses, to the water servers were spot on attentive, professional, and happy. The food was spectacular. I had the Steak Giuseppe. It was cooked perfectly and had wonderful flavor. We indulged in some parmesan truffle oil fries that were very yummy. My husband had had a seafood dish which he savored. We ended the night with a chocolate bread pudding. There was not a crumb left on the plate. It was all so delicious. I would highly recommend this to anyone looking for a great dining experienceSpecial Features:
- Food was great and the serviceJerryDined on 12/14/2013Food was great and the service was excellent. I will be back for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Greeting was poornansisterVIPDined on 12/14/2013Once again we had a negative experience upon entering Siena Smithfield. Host/hostess ignored us. Host/owner actually looking beyond me to acknowledge a man who entered later. (I'm a woman.) When the last member of our party arrived, she was told we weren't there yet. She waited 20-minutes without being acknowledged again. She thought we were late-we thought she was late. Food is great, but the restaurant needs to work on first impressions.
- Inconsistent with other locationsSlitlampVIPDined on 12/13/2013Upon this visit to the most recent addition to this restaurant, in Smithfield, I was left very disappointed. The evening started out fantastic with a great cheese and meat plate. Unfortunately, the main course was the demise of the evening. The braised short rib was poorly presented on a large plate with a portion so small it looked overmatched by the green beans. The meat was dry and not very tender. Very disappointing on the addition of so called risotto on the plate that was barely visible. My dining partner had the frutti di mare which was so so. The only positive from this evening was the apologetic manager and waiter who apologized for the poor meal. Very attentive to the concerns. I must praise them for their attention.
- What'd you say?JeanvaljeanDined on 12/12/2013My wife and I went to Siena early Thursday evening after a wake and thought we deserved a nice, quiet dinner. Everything was nice until they started playing loud Christmas music. Our waitress sent over a manager who apologized who said she would take care of it. They may have lowered the volume but we couldn't tell. Too bad. Just another sports bar but with really good food.Special Features:
- Food is always great. ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/8/2013Food is always great. Service is always great. Best there is. I used to go to the Siena in Providence regularly. Recently I tried the one in Smithfield. I find it more spacious, and easier to make reservations so it has quickly become my go to spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall food quality was good,STEVEDined on 12/7/2013Overall food quality was good, some items were very good. One or two not to our liking. The chef seems to have a heavy hand with cream on the creamy items on the menu, so beware if you are like us, we like a "creamy" dish once in a while, but not over the top cream. Some chefs have become very adept at incorporating cream into recipes in a balanced manner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent night out!ErinDined on 12/7/2013My husband and I went out here for our anniversary. A great meal, nice atmosphere, and a lovely waitress. Thanks for a nice night out!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I was very happy with my experienceKarenDined on 12/6/2013I was very happy with my experience, however I am not a huge eater and I found my portion of sea bass did not fill me up, particularly for the price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A triple play for Siena!labloomDined on 12/5/2013Siena in Smithfield is beautiful! We were greeted warmly by the hostess, who was not flustered at all after we had checked in and then spotted some friends sitting at the bar so we went over to chat a bit. When we returned to the hostess she politely had us seated in a cozy table near their beautiful fireplace. After looking at the familiar menu (( have dined many times in Providence and EG), I choose to have a perfectly made, and poured Ketel One Martini, I then choose an artichoke app, to share with my friend. She had the butterflied veal chopped, which I tasted, and was excellent, and I had my all time favorite the chiopinni (sp.)! Food, drinks, and service were excellent!Special Features:
- AnniversarywineanddineDined on 12/1/2013Tried the new Sienna in Smithfield. Pleasantly surprised by this hidden jewel. The food was unique and out of this world! Our waitress was very friendly and made celebrating our 5th year Anniversary a very special occasion! The Amaretto pork dish was incredible as was the eggplant and tiramisu! Highly recommend to friends.Special Features:
- Great nightLynneDined on 11/30/2013Everything was great! The food, the service and most of all our company! :) We will definitely be back!Special Features:
- Food excellencegwdexDined on 11/30/2013The dining was great at Siena last Saturday. We brought out of state guests who were very impressed with the food, ambience and service. Wonderful evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- rwhoggbhockeyVIPDined on 11/30/2013Great new find for my wife and I. Everything was great, except for the fact that we were given a very small table, and constantly had to ask servers to remove plates to give us room to be comfortable.Special Features:
- Put in small side roomTwoeatersVIPDined on 11/29/2013Even though we had a reservation we were put in a small side room. Within about 15 mins the room was empty except for us. Nobody else was seated in the room. Kind of felt like little kids that were being punished. There were tables available in main dining roommate during our entire meal.I would recommend this to a friend.
- My Favorite of the three locationsDeeCDined on 11/29/2013Loved the ambiance. Both the filet and the sirloin were amazing. Server was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.