Siena - Smithfield
400 Putnam Pike
Smithfield, RI 02917Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Siena - Smithfield
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.sienari.com/
- Phone: 4013494111
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 3:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Nate Williams
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: With a capacity to hold up to 28 guests in our 'Vineyard' Room, Siena is the perfect location to host your next special event. Whether a family party, bridal/baby shower or corporate event, allow us to assist you in making every detail of your event perfect. At Siena, we work with you to customize your event to meet your individual needs and desires.
- Private Party Contact: Sarah Pumple 4013494111
A word from Siena - Smithfield
Welcome to Siena Tavola serving authentic Tuscan cuisine in a warm and lively atmosphere. Siena Tavola is where families and friends often meet in Italy to casually enjoy each other"s company over earthy wines and simple communal fare. Siena Tavola compliments the trusted menu from the original Siena Restaurant, located on Federal Hill, with many of the warm touches and great food found in kitchens and winebars all over Italy.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Siena - Smithfield - Best Restaurants in Smithfield ›
Siena - Smithfield reviews from OpenTable diners
190 reviews since July 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (121)neighborhood gem (92)fit for foodies (83)romantic (74)good for groups (60)notable wine list (58)vibrant bar scene (35)hot spot (33)late-night find (12)great for lunch (7)kid-friendly (3)great for brunch (3)great for outdoor dining (2)Show More
- As good as the North EndOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/16/2014This is a new favorite for us. We have a favorite in the North End of Boston that is just as good, however, Siena is just as nice, there's no fighting for parking, and we don't have to fight the traffic to get there. Great find!
- Great First Visit!FredDined on 8/15/2014First time at Siena and it was a very good experience the only complaint was my wife's sirloin being a bit tough to chew and it was ordered Med-rare so it was not due to over cooking. My braised ribs over risotto was one of the best I've had! Our waiter sorry can't recall his name (server #24) was on the ball and very polite something I've missed in wait-staff an many restaurants. Will definitely go back!Special Features:
- one enjoyable eveningStMaartenfriendsDined on 8/9/2014We went to Sienas with a couple that we only see twice a year. So we like to sit and chat a bit before dinner, this was communicated to our server Heather and she was perfect not to disturb us, but always made sure we had what we needed, we were not rushed at all. Dinner was perfect. Did I mention this was our first time to Sienas in Smithfield and it will not be our last and we will request Heather be our server upon our return.Special Features:
- NoisySewe55Dined on 8/8/2014Seems a little too noisy, difficult t have a conversation. Food and service were great. Table for two was way too small.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- niceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/6/2014just a good place for dinner. There is a consistent atmosphere food and service.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/3/2014This is our fourth time at Siena. The food is consistently good from appetizers to desert.Special Features:
- bvdwasthereDined on 8/3/2014We entertained our son and daughter in law at Siena on Sunday night to celebrate their anniversary. Our daughter and son in law also joined us. Our experience was excellent. The service was outstanding, our waiter very well versed in describing the way that every dish would be prepared, and the food, was delicious upon arrival. It was a lovely evening with excellent food, drinks and wine. We look forward to our next visit.Special Features:
- Great Dinning experience.MylunchDined on 8/3/2014We had a great time. The food and service was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinner!LinnibinDined on 8/2/2014Had a wonderful evening with friends from Boston who were impressed with food and ambiance.Special Features:
- Great food &service but too noisyGoodfoodDined on 8/2/2014We were a group of six who hadn't seen each other in a long time so were really happy to be seated at a round table. We thought that would foster easier group conversation, but that was not achievable at Siena (Smithfield). I could barely hear the person right next to me. If you can get past having to yell across the table, then you can enjoy the delicious food they serve. All of our meals were delicious. I had a Filet Mignon special that was heavenly. As were the other two specials we ordered, Salmon and short ribs. In addition, my sister's veal scalapini and my brother in law's veal chop were just as ordered.....tender and tasty.Special Features:
- Restaurants4funrestaurants4funDined on 8/2/2014It was our first visit to this location,and was very pleasurable. The waiter was excellent,very attentive but not intrusive. The food was very good.My husband had the swordfish which he loved.I had the chicken mil anise which usually comes with greens on it,but it was plain,but good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Relaxing!DiningwithfriendsDined on 8/1/2014Great food and wine with friends! Very relaxing, not rushed. A lot of restaurants try to rush you along to turn the tables. Never felt that way here.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/30/2014Food was excellent and waitress we had was very personableSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MARIUCHDined on 7/29/2014FANTASTIC!!! We live close to Sienna and every night on drive from work I see parking lot full of customers coming from and leaving restaurant. My wife had a Birthday so I decided to take her for dinner . ABSOLUTELY PHENOMENAL!!! Food was Fantastic , Service was excellent and they even went the extra mile and upon dessert had special plate made for my wife with HAPPY BIRTHDAY ....made my wife so happy for her special day! I would Highly recommend this restaurant to all friends and family......By the way did I say Food was GREAT!!!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/26/2014Excellent food. Perfect place to celebrate a birthday!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingLovetodineoutDined on 7/25/2014This was our first visit to Sienna in Smithfield. We have previously dined at both the Providence and East Greenwich locations. The food in Smithfield was fabulous and our waiter, Matthew, was perfect. He allowed us plenty of time to talk and just enjoy the evening. He was not the least bit intrusive. Everything was excellent! We will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!IBChowinVIPDined on 7/24/2014A great restaurant from appetizers to dessert. Great service and dinners, nice wine selection, reasonable prices.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delightful dining experience!CountrychickDined on 7/22/2014The food, service & ambiance was superb! Our server was knowledgable & helpful...can't wait to dine here again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellentmoendianeDined on 7/20/2014First time dining at Siena based on a recommendation from a friend. Reservations were for 7 pm, we were seated right on time. Our server, Brianna(sp) was cordial and knowledgable. We tried one of their tasting boards which had a nice assortment of meats, cheese and olives, very tasty. We then moved on to an app, my friend said to try the polpette, a giant meatball made with sirloin and veal, more than enough for 2 people to split. My wife had fruite de mare for her entree and I had tagliatelle with bolognese sauce. Both entrees were superb and we both had enough left to bring home. A great experience overall and one we will definitely repeat!Special Features:
- Excellent!ExcellentVIPDined on 7/20/2014As usual our visit to Siena was excellent. The food an service were great as we have come to expect at one of our favorite eating spots. The Brasato was amazing and we can't wait to return.Special Features:
- ExcellentBobDVIPDined on 7/20/2014The entire dinner was terrific and service was attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Siena in SmithfieldOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/20/2014Décor was beautiful. Food was great. Service perfect. Great dining experienceSpecial Features:
- Siena SmithfieldCshoe512Dined on 7/19/2014We love it here. We always enjoy the food and service. While East Greenwich is my favorite of the three Siena restaurants for ambiance this is second compared to Providence. (Although I would never, ever accept to be seated in the "bar" area). The food is consistent between all three and that is great. The service is always impeccable! Just love to go here whether for a quick bite or a special occasion.Special Features:
- Upscale Italian in the burbserockrphDined on 7/19/2014Siena has long been one of my favorite restaurants on The Hill. It's fantastic that Siena has come to Smithfield and I no longer need to drive to Providence for upscale dining. The food and the service are the same exceptional quality that I have come to expect from Siena. The interior is spacious and you can easily hold a conversation without having to compete with neighboring guests. The main drawback for me is the external view. Siena is located in a strip mall and the view out the window is a parking lot and another strip mall. It would really improve things if they considered decorating the windows with blinds or possibly a mural of some sort.Special Features:
- AWESOME.....tigerDined on 7/18/2014Best salmon ever.... Owners that actually work the line... try and find that at another restaurant once they get to having this much success... ... Anthony and Chris do it right... Another time, had a 50th B-day party for 20+ ... great value... private room... food and service were the best... The Siena team is working to make all customers feel like they are all that matters...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very niceJefprov108Dined on 7/18/2014Overall great food. The meatball appetizer was awesome. Fish dishes very very good. Service was pleasant and pretty good even though it was a busy Friday night. Prices reasonable for a quality restaurant.Special Features:
- dmlshoesDined on 7/15/2014My husband & I were celebrating our Anniversary & decided to go on a Tuesday night thinking it would be fairly quiet. The resturant was just so busy. Everything was fine & food was good. i don't understand why open table asks if its a special occasion because they never acknowledged it............. all in all great place to dine.Special Features:
- Early Week DinnerGerryDined on 7/15/2014We gave a try to the Providence Rest. Week menu. Great choices.....wife and I had 2 very good meals and we both tried something new. As always, service and food were very good. As always, we will be back.Special Features:
- One of the Best!DessyDined on 7/13/2014I have never had a bad meal here. I have been to this location and the providence location. Everything is always delicious. The best risotto in the world. The waitstaff is always very attentive. The drinks are very good and the list of seasonal cocktails is great.Special Features:
- ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/13/2014Our server was great, great personality and made us feel welcome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RickDined on 7/13/2014food was delicious fresh hot and well presented hostess was very professional and kind and respectful thank youSpecial Features:
- AnonymousDined on 7/12/2014Difficult to have an intimate dining experience here. Strip mall ambiance carries inside. Limited liquor selection at bar. Asked for two fairly popular liquors, didn't have them. Was somewhat disappointed with the whole experience. Food was good though. Overall, didn't get that fine dining feeling.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love SienaBiffLovesFoodDined on 7/11/2014I love Siena. I've never been disappointed. The food and service are always excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DinnerBlondieDined on 7/9/2014Everything was good except for the dessert.Strawberry shortcake was very dry,biscuit was hard and hardly any juice or strawberries.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pretty GenericSuhaymaDined on 7/8/2014Siena is very loud - the bar raises the level a lot. They were busy, so we got the event room with one other table. Our server was a fun fellow - attentive and amusing, while not being intrusive. The menu looked good. And while everything we got was fine, nothing was fabulous. Appetizers were basalmic calamari - tender and well cooked, but lacking a richness in the sauce; salumieri - VERY good, actually; and steamers which were well cooked but the sauce was lacking. Main courses were veal chop with mushrooms, a spicy chicken; ciappino; and a pork chop. All the meats were exceptionally well cooked, but somewhat bland and the sauces were not flavorful. The Ciappino was great, though. Dessert of doughboy with ice cream & nutella rockedSpecial Features:
- beenthereDined on 7/5/2014nice dinner..what impressed me is he seating..all the families with childrden were together and adults only were seatted in different rooms...smart moveSpecial Features:
- The following 359 reviews are from the Siena - Smithfield reviews archive.
- food4thoughtDined on 7/2/2014Will positively return for more amazing gourmet food! What a gem of a restaurant!Special Features:
- Good foodFashionistaDined on 6/29/2014The food was excellent, however the portions were a little smaller than I would have expected.Special Features:
- SienaPbdolDined on 6/28/2014It was are first time eating at Siena in Greenville, the food was excellent. The filet just melted in your mouth! The waitress Mary was very personable and attentive to our table. We will be returning again to try new dishes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodieDined on 6/27/2014Food & atmosphere was excellent... Server could have been a little better .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.