Ruth's Chris Steak House - Lake Mary
80 Colonial Center Parkway
Lake Mary, FL 32746Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Lake Mary
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.ruthschris.com/Steak-House/10744/Lake-Mary
- Phone: 4078048220
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Aldo Sarmiento
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Ruth's Catering in Lake Mary, FL - Bring the service, expertise and flavor of Ruth's Chris Steak House to the location of your choice! Your Private Event Manager is ready to help attend to every detail of your event, from the menu to the martinis. Ruth's will bring in a team of trained chefs, bartenders and servers to make the most of your experience.
- Private Party Facilities: Ruth's Chris Steak House is the perfect location for your business meeting, cocktail reception, rehearsal dinner, birthday or anniversary party. Please call for details.
- Private Party Contact: Angie McLean 8776279317
- Entertainment: We offer live entertainment in our lounge Wednesday through Saturday from 6:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.
- Special Events: We feature Prime Hour in our lounge Sunday through Friday, from 5:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. Be sure to stop in and enjoy some sizzling specials!
A word from Ruth's Chris Steak House - Lake Mary
Ruth's Chris Steak House in Lake Mary, FL serves the finest USDA Prime beef available, broiled at 1,800° and served on 500° plates, so your steak stays hot, juicy and delicious from first bite to last. Enjoy our New Orleans-inspired appetizers, USDA Prime steaks, fresh seafood, signature side dishes and homemade desserts. All this while you enjoy our warm, inviting atmosphere and Ruth’s Chris’ genuine hospitality. So whether you’re a regular or have just been wondering what all the buzz is about, Ruth's Chris is the perfect excuse to enjoy the perfect night out. Dinner is served nightly, reservations are suggested and private dining and offsite catering may be arranged.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Lake Mary - Best Restaurants in Lake Mary ›
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Lake Mary reviews from OpenTable diners
74 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (57)romantic (42)notable wine list (26)fit for foodies (25)vibrant bar scene (20)good for groups (18)neighborhood gem (10)hot spot (4)kid-friendly (4)scenic view (3)late-night find (2)great for lunch (1)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Great ambience and foodDanielVIPDined on 5/1/2014This is my favorite Ruth Chris location. I like the booths that are perfect for both a romantic evening or a business meeting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Noise level loud music.MarkDined on 4/26/2014The music from the bar was excessive. Our table was in the middle of the two entrance.. I will never sit at that location again. I will leave and go elsewhere if ever forced to sit there. Sea Bass over cooked steak requested Medium Rare my daughter had to send it back because it came out Rare.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- extraspecialDined on 4/25/2014Wonderful server. So nice. Steaks were delicious. Great evening. Graduation celebration for our son.Special Features:
- Boring!bloodyrainbowDined on 4/18/2014The restaurant needs to be needs to be remodeled from the decor to the menu.The sides are becoming more inconsistent and the lamb is a big no no food wise. The service at this particular location is okay at best. It took them forever to come out with replacement sides and to fill water glasses back up. I really hate coming here for special occasions and would much rather be at Terra Mia.Special Features:
- Excellent food. steak wasJackieDined on 4/12/2014Excellent food. steak was mouthwatering. The server was excellentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PerfectCathyVIPDined on 4/12/2014Beautiful birthday celebration. Perfect filets and ribeye. Superb service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/8/2014My husband took me here, we have been here before, to celebrate my birthday. We checked in and went to bar to wait on our table. At the bar, we sat there at least 10 minutes before any of the 3 bar tenders waited on us, but not after waiting on others that came after us. That was disappointing. Then waited another 5 minutes before receiving our drinks. We had to go check at reservation our self to see if table was ready. Finally after 10 more minutes of waiting they came and got us, to our surprise the dining room was not busy, and many booths were open and we could have been seated early or on time. Our waiter was nice, but on many occasions, we found our self having to flag him down. Food was excellent. Service needs work.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The best steak and lobster everOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/2/2014First of all the best steak i ever had in my life... I love the service, i love the atmosphere the different style of sitting for various occasions. valet parking fast and efficient. i love a place where everyone smiles when they greet you..or even when they are not looking... very clean place i cant wait to go back ..Thank youSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Midwest beef rocks!DrJHADined on 3/22/2014One of only a few Florida restaurants that serves real Midwestern beef that was corn fed. Sea bass was also excellent with interesting piccata sauce. This is an expensive restaurant but the quality is excellent. Staff was sensitive and accommodating for food allergy.Special Features:
- Quiet but so goodTimmyVIPDined on 3/20/2014Had to pick a decent place to treat some of our family friends and this turned out to be a great choice. The food was great, the service was great. Strange tho, the restaurant is very quiet, maybe 5 tables were filled, otherwise the place was pretty empty and quiet. The food was still amazing, the steaks were great, the sides were great and the kids at the table couldn't get their hands off the calamari so its a great place for a date, a family dinner and to simply enjoy food.Special Features:
- Wedding AnniversaryACmanDeLandDined on 3/15/2014Nick and Brittny gave us over the top service without bothering us. This was a surprise for my wife who has never been to Ruth Chris before. My wife was blown away by the service, the ambience, the rose pedals on the table. She was enjoying every minute of it which is what our Wedding Anniversary is all about. The food was amazing.... Really can not come up with anything that would have improved the ocassion. My wife is already making future plans to go back with friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gluten free menu needs revisionsCeliacRNDined on 3/8/2014I have dined here many times. The new corporate gluten free menu published in FEB 2014 needs many revisions. It is filled more with what you cannot have than what you can eat, and the pricing is not clear. Most things ordered gluten free were up charges. At least there were items in all areas that were GF...my husband also enjoyed all his selections. I did relay my corns and opinions to the MOD.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Steak Lovers Love It - Others, meh.AtlantaNativeVIPDined on 3/8/2014So, I caveat this review by saying that I am a red-meat lover, as are a few members of my family. However, two other members of my family are not. While we have pined to go to Ruth's Chris for special occasions as a family, we have always been rebuffed until this time. To spare the details, all members of my party enjoyed the ambiance, service, etc - 3/5 of our entourage were quite pleased with the dining end-2-end (appetizer through entree), while the other 2/5 ordered other main entrees or stuck to salad and sides. Long/short, they were not impressed when you equate the cost-value and thought that there have been other venues that offer consistently better food across the board. Needless to say we wont be inviting them anymore :-)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ruth Chris never fails!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/21/2014We went to celebrate my husband's birthday. The serve and food was top notch as always. Mustafa and Carlos provided excellent service and we're very welcoming.Special Features:
- Only one negative commentOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/16/2014I ordered a filet medium and it arrived raw. Half of it was un-edible.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nicePennyDined on 2/15/2014This was our first time dining at Ruth's Chris Steak House. The service was superb. The steak was out of this world. Very pricey but worth it. I was only disappointed that the side dishes were not of the same quality as the main steak dish -- they weren't bad, but lacking in comparison. Quantity is another story. Portions are large.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very NiceMdunkDined on 2/14/2014We had two couples for Valentines Day. The food and service were outstanding despite a full house. Our waiter, Claude, was great. All meals were perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rushed Rushed RushedrascalDined on 2/14/2014While the food was outstanding the atmosphere was chaotic and lacked little ambiance. We were disappointed. We live close by and had hoped for a better upscale dining experience.Special Features:
- DeliciousJenaqt23VIPDined on 2/14/2014We went here for Valentines Day and had an amazing meal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary DinnerRichDined on 1/29/2014We wanted it to be a special night and it was. It started with rose petals on the table. Several members of their staff came to congratulate us on our achievement of 48 years. The wine selection list was expansive and we each felt we had chosen one of their best. The ceasar salad was perfect and not overwhelmed with dressing, the filet mignons were out of this world and the multiple desserts were decadent - as usual. We've been to several R. C's in several states over the years but this one, by far, is the best managed of them all.Special Features:
- excellent!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/28/2014First time there, everything was awesome!! Will be returning again and again. ...Special Features:
- Another great mealPnv7304VIPDined on 1/12/2014Thanks to our servers Ms Shanon/Mr Hector for another great meal and awesome service. We had a wonderful time and the experience was spot on. Thanks to Mr David, restaurant manager, always attentive and professional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ruth Should Up Her GameEddie2Dined on 1/12/2014The dining room has nice ambience - widely spaced tables, high end décor, etc. Our waitress was friendly, but intermittently absent for long periods, such as when she forgot the anchovies for my wife's Caesar, said she'd be right back with them, but took so long my wife almost finished the salad before the server's return. On the other hand, drinks were refilled at just the right time. Appetizers & mains were solid, but nothing out of the ordinary. Desserts were a major disappointment, from the stone cold "warm bread pudding" to the choc. cake with a liquid center (still looking for that liquid center). Both seemed of the pre-made let's heat it up variety, although someone forgot that last part. Overall disappointing.Special Features:
- Dinner for TwooutontownDined on 1/11/2014My husband and I chose to have dinner on a Saturday evening in the dining room. (Normally, we just grab a quick bite and drink in the bar area) I will have to say that the crab stuffed mushrooms were bland at best. The crab meat stuffing did not have any lump crab at all. The bread that was served was terrible to be honest. Really? White so called French bread that wasn't warm. My lamb was decent but for the price; really wasn't worth it. The steamed spinach was uncreative and again, nothing to write home about. I will not dine at Ruth Chris' again; not even at the bar. I can think of so many more, reasonably priced, amazing places around Orlando to have dinner.Special Features:
- disappointingMMH8Dined on 1/8/2014At $90 a plate I expect at a minimum "good" food. I didn't get it. The salad was wilted and soggy. The filets were not the best cut--half fatty (although cooked perfectly). The French fries were barely warm. Coffee also not hot. Our server was very nice, but that only goes so far. Decided, since we were never going back, not to complain when (who we think was) the manager came by to ask how our meal was. What was to be done at that point? Probably should have. The whole thing was just disappointing.
- Expected better from Ruth Chrislkmary123Dined on 1/2/2014Was not overwhelmed, I had great expectations for Ruth Chis Steak House. The service was not what was expected from this caliber restaurant. Asked for more bread and it took over 20 minutes then came during the dinner course which no one wanted at that time, Ordered a second drink from the Bar and it also took a very very long time. A little confusion over the desert, took three of them home to find one order was incorrect and had paid the upcharge. The food was very good but probably will not go back
- Not as goodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/31/2013Been here several times and is always a favorite. They blew it on New Years Eve. Food overcooked...I mean, cooked to death. Not at all what I expect when I spend that much for a steak. Shrimp and scallops were overdone as well. Looked over at several tables and saw many hockey puck filets that night.Special Features:
- Not as good as some - slightlyOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 12/25/2013Not as good as some - slightly Dodwy appearance - almost run down. Stacks of chairs in the passageways, Food - not to usual standard. Run out of Lobster and Lobster tails tough and very salty and served cold. Steaks were OK though.Special Features:
- Restaurant was excellent andTrevM54Dined on 12/25/2013Restaurant was excellent and as expected. Would recommend to family and fried.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food and service was excellent!!!spagal23Dined on 12/25/2013Food and service was excellent!!! The ambiance is fantastic!!!Special Features:
- Excellent service, great food.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/23/2013Excellent service, great food. Waitress was helpful with recommendations. Wait staff was attentive but not overbearing. Great Christmas dinner for me and a special person.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I dined with my workgroup,MsSixDined on 12/18/2013I dined with my workgroup, in celebration of the season. Making reservations was easy. The option of free valet parking was nice, although not used. Greetings from staff from entry of the premises was excellent. Our waiter, Claude, was outstanding! Knowledgeable and very attentive, I thought. He gave the kind of service expected at a $$$ restaurant. The meal was completely awesome! I had the lamb. Portion was nice. Sides could be shared. Not very impressed with the red wine selection but good, nonetheless. Overall experience was excellent. I have dined here before, with my husband and the same quality experience was had. I would advise having this experience, if the budget allowed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ShortcomingsSurprisedDined on 11/30/2013Overall meal very disappointing. Meat not cooked properly. Waitress very nice and attentive. Backup too busy with too many tables. Bread came overcooked and crusty and we had to ask twice for it. They noted it was in the oven. There were very few patrons in the restaurant so it should not be difficult to have bread available. Brussels Sprouts were very good and ample. This was not the usual night at a Ruth Chris.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently goodbgamDined on 11/23/2013Another great meal and service. The noise level is moderate, but if you get a wall booth, it really cuts down on the noise. Wine list is very good and the food is to die for. Pricey, but worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wife's BirthdayOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/12/2013Thanks for making my wife's birthday dinner a very pleasant and rememberable evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We were there for my husband'selizabethscDined on 10/26/2013We were there for my husband's birthday. Michelle was our server and was excellent. Steaks started out tasting dry and my petite filet seemed to be cooked medium instead of medium rare but was better once I started cutting further into it. My husband's martini was excellent as was the shrimp cocktail and chopped salads. Baked potato was way overcooked.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was excellant, as wasflgolferDined on 10/18/2013Food was excellant, as was the service. There were six of us, including two teenagers. Everyone was impressed with the food. My grandson said it was the best fillet he had ever had...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Go to Ruth Chris' in Lake Mary!EatingOutDined on 10/11/2013This was our 2nd time eating at the Ruth Chris' in Lake Mary and it was great both times! The Ahi Tuna and Fillets were awesome!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Conference highlightteachsingDined on 10/11/2013Attending a conference and had an evening off. Decided to go to Ruth Chris. Best idea ever! Great cocktail, lobster bisque to die for, and my ribeye was perfect! Also the side of southwestern macaroni and cheese was lusciously sinful! Wonderful evening at a fabulous restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent food and servicemarcusshayDined on 10/5/2013One of the best Filets I have ever had! Food and service was excellent, even though there was one mistake with our order. Our server Kelly corrected it quickly and was top notch throughout our stay. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.