Los Poblanos Historic Inn & Organic Farm
4803 Rio Grande Blvd NW
Los Ranchos de Albuquerque, NM 87107Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Los Poblanos Historic Inn & Organic Farm
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.lospoblanos.com/food-and-dining/
- Phone: 505-338-1615x
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Daily: 8:00am - 10:00pm
Dinner: Wednesday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Southwest, American, French
- Executive Chef: Jonathan Perno
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: No
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Beer, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Our Ventana Room and Patio at the Inn would be an ideal setting for a dinner of up to 16 guests. Fees for booking a private event start at $200, tax and service are additional.
We have our own in house chef and create all of the seasonal, fresh and organic menus. Reception hors d’oeuvres prior to dinner vary depending on actual menu selections, and we require that entrees are pre-selected prior to your event. With advance notice we are happy to accommodate a birthday cake or special dessert for the event.
Please note; outside catering is not permitted at Los Poblanos.
- Private Party Contact: Nancy Kinyanjui 5059382182x
A word from Los Poblanos Historic Inn & Organic Farm
Join us at the Historic Inn for dinner featuring our La Merienda menu. Created by Executive Chef Jonathan Perno, this menu features fresh local produce and seasonally inspired flavors. Our full beer and wine list will also be available. Inn guests receive priority reservations, and we can accept outside reservations based on availability. Dinner is served from 5pm -9pm, Wednesday - Saturday.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Los Poblanos Historic Inn & Organic Farm - Best Restaurants in Albuquerque ›
Los Poblanos Historic Inn & Organic Farm reviews from OpenTable diners
75 reviews since May 21, 2014
- Ambiance4.7Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (61)fit for foodies (58)romantic (58)great for outdoor dining (56)scenic view (53)neighborhood gem (25)notable wine list (22)great for brunch (7)good for groups (7)great for lunch (3)late-night find (2)kid-friendly (2)hot spot (1)Show More
- Consider for Next Valentine's DaySteveDined on 2/14/2014This meal was pricey but if your are looking for a great place to treat your spouse or significant other to a delicious meal in a beautiful location on Valentine's Day, this is the place to go.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An Exotic Valentines DinnerCharlieDined on 2/14/2014This multi-course meal was exotic, beautifully presented, and very romantic, but not particularly good. The matching wines for the particular course were thoughtfully chosen, but I could not drink that much wine and still carry on a good conversation. So, basically, I just sipped some of the white wines, and drank the red wine that was provided. Another thing that was meant to very romantic, was having the lights very dim. But I prefer being able to see what I am eating, especially when it is as exotic as that meal was.Special Features:
- Valentines Day Dinnerswimfreak3992Dined on 2/12/2014Came here on a recommendation from a co worker. Finding where dinner was actually at on the property was tricky. However the location itself is beautiful. The food was terrific and priced about right with the quality. Will definitely be coming back soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A North Valley Historic TreasurekatydidDined on 2/12/2014Dining at Los Poblanos isn't only a great dining experience, it is a vacation from every day life. The chef and staff put great thought into the seasonal offerings listed on the menu and when the mood strikes, they innovate in ways that are make it one of Albuquerque's culinary best restaurants. The historic inn buildings create an old world atmosphere, it helps that you are surrounded by farm land, trees and animals. Yet, it's still a place where you can chose to dress up or wear blue jeans. The wait staff is attentive yet unobtrusive and help set the comfortable tone for this elegant place. (They wear t-shirts) and I'm glad.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not to miss! A real destination.PhilipDined on 2/6/2014As close as Los Poblanos is to Albuquerque, it feels as if you have traveled to another time and place. An elegant, historic building from another time in New Mexico. Not a large menu, as it's a fairly small restaurant, but creative, fresh, elegant, excellent. We had the Buffalo Osso Buco, which was superb. But not easy to resist the vegetarian pot pie with blue corn crust. A very good and very reasonable wine list. Highly recommended for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfection.CarolynDined on 2/6/2014Sat by a carefully attended roaring fire. Quiet but sexy music in the background. Sean was such a gracious and knowledgeable server. But the greatest part, the most important part, was the food. It was sublime. Some of the most creative and delicious flavor combinations we've ever had. Can't wait to go back! Thank you for making my husband's birthday so special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 8 too muchOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/31/2014We don't know how this restaurant got such good reviews. It was like eating in a convent. Zero atmosphere. Started with wilted spinach salad…it wasn't wilted. The entrees were Buffalo Oso Bucco…way over done!!! and Pasta with Chicken and Mushrooms,…that was good. We split a desert of a date cake and a creme fresh… The service was like the food & the atmosphere… Nothing to write home about . We won't be back.
- Incredible Site, Fabulous FoodJMMHVIPDined on 1/31/2014This restaurant sits on a farm that appears to be a Hacienda of old. The structure is historical and beautiful. The property is inspiring. The food is organic and delicious and the service is wonderful. Not to be missed.Special Features:
- elegant spanish colonial ambiencenxtdoorDined on 1/24/2014This wonderful hidden inn in the North Valley has a limited menu that guarantees fresh seasonal vegetables and select meat dishes prepared just right and flavorful. Since the portions are just right sized, you can go for the deserts which are absolutely delicious and uniqueSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful ExperienceMarkRyersonDined on 1/22/2014What a wonderful hidden gem in Albuquerque. The food is seasonal and delicious. The rooms are beautiful and romantic. Staff was friendly and very attentive. A perfect place for a quick romantic getaway. Be sure to check out the farm store for unique soaps, lotions and local food items that feature lavender. Can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A gem in New MexicoOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 1/3/2014One of the best dinning experiences in many years. A beautiful setting, great food, well presented and full of flavor. The food was fresh and the ingredients of the best quality. We shared two plates, one ribeye steak and scallops. We also shared a bottle of Gruet sparkling, a local winery that proved to be a great companion. The service was flawless and the desserts were amazing. Highly recommend it.Special Features:
- Absolutely Wonderful!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/2/2014The food was fantastic, the service was impeccable...we would highly recommend the experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Unique ExperienceMattDined on 1/2/2014Our last visit here was our third and we've never been disappointed. The food is local, inventive and delicious. The service is casual but there wasn't anything about the menu our waiter didn't know. A tremendous dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodRobertDined on 1/1/2014A very unique menu, with outstanding and complex flavors, I will certainly return on our next visit to the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Los Poblanos for teh HolidaysOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 12/31/2013My review is based on the New Years Gala held at the mansion rather than the regular restaurant. Check the website for when these special experiences are planned. The next occasion is Valentine's day. I was seated in the library, which was much more romantic and quiet than the ball room.. I ordered the prix fixed menu for New Years- Beef Wellington. There were three outstanding notable features of this meal. First, the muses were perfectly paired with the meal rather than a random feature of the chef's wares. The wines were perfectly paired with the meal. Finally, this was the best beef wellington I have ever been served. A perfect crust surrounding a rib roast served in a Florentine wine reduction. These gal's are well worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb in every way!JazzyDined on 12/27/2013My husband and I have eaten here twice - the first time was just us, the second time with our family. We were extremely pleased both times! The fresh, local, "real" food was full of flavor and beautiful to look at. The service was warm and genuine. We will return as often as possible - it is pricey but worth every penny in my opinion!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An Amazing MealjacrehaDined on 12/24/2013The restaurant itself is lovely, and the service is attentive, professional and unpretentious. The tables we mismatched, the restaurant spans across several rooms, and there is no hostess stand to speak of, but I liked the charm of the restaurant - which felt inviting and well loved, like someone's dining room. The menu is small, but unbelievable. We shared the cheese plate, had two prime ribs and finished our meal with the Mexican hot chocolate, and we both agreed that the prime rib was one of the best steaks we have ever had. Because of the price and the limited menu options, I would not recommend Los Poblanos for families with small children - but definitely for a special occasion/date night for adults!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- almost perfectrfjandnjDined on 12/13/2013Food was great, service was great, beautiful setting... chairs were small and hard and belonged more in a pizza parlor and became uncomfortable after 30 minutes.Special Features:
- Not as good as past experiencesOpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 12/6/2013May have been the fact that a private party was going on - but the food and speed of service was not quite as up to par. (Food was a bit salty and not as carefully prepared) Next time we may check to see if an event is taking place the same evening of our reservations.
- Fun!SAfromVADined on 11/30/2013Fresh, light, tasty food. I felt so healthy eating the well-prepared dinner. The winter squash-apple soup was particularly yummy. Sweet with a bit of chili after heat. The potato gnocchi and white shrimp with the lime emulsion was absolutely amazing. I am dreaming about the lime emulsion! Tart, crisp, tangy. The perfect balance for the hearty gnocchi and briny shrimp. The cardamom anglaise and nib tuile on the dessert were delightful - sweet, herbal, smooth anglaise. Crispy, nutty tuile. What's not to like! The service was amazing. I felt like a rock star! It was too dark to see outside, but I imagined the lovely surrounding farm. I can't wait to go back. Thank you for a fun evening.Special Features:
- Wonderful, quiet, enjoyable.Number1Dined on 11/27/2013Wonderful! A rare find in today's noise and hustle bustle in Albuquerque's "restaurant" scene. The ambiance is incredible, quiet, romantic, nostalgic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a great experienceThundercatDined on 11/21/2013The grounds are gorgeous, the dining spaces are intimate, and the staff is generally on point. Still a favorite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place, wrong choices...JMackDined on 11/20/2013This was a repeat visit to La Merienda, where I had a memorable meal in August. The location and dining room are wonderful. I started my meal with the field plate... roasted onion, leek and garlic served with a chimichurri sauce. I love those vegetables, but these came out lightly grilled and I found the taste unpleasantly sharp. My entrée was a special, cod in papillote. The pouch was opened tableside and the fish was gray and translucent, which the waiter picked up on immediately. My dish was returned to the kitchen as my dining partner began her meal. A couple of minutes later the fish returned, perfectly cooked. Everything about my meal was just a little off; fortunately, my dining partner had a much better experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not worth the priceGoldiDined on 11/15/2013The chicken, which was recommended by the waitress as the best on the menu, tasted fake and pumped up. We would rather have eaten anywhere else and just looked at the pretty place.Special Features:
- noise level was not "energetic"OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/13/2013noise level was not "energetic" as you euphemistically put it. The level was very loud which is not compatible to the outstanding level of its food and service at least for those of us who prefer fine dining to fun dining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday celebrationCMinABQVIPDined on 11/13/2013The food was excellent, well presented. We celebrated my husband's birthday. The wait staff could not have been more accommodating. We thoroughly enjoyed our meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful experienceJMJSDined on 11/9/2013We went for our anniversary dinner and were thrilled with the food and ambiance. Fabulous dinner with a casual, rustic ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Albuquerque treasuresadielunchboxDined on 11/9/2013When our son visits from Connecticut, visiting Los Poblanos is a must, during the day at the Farm Shop (and stopping by the area with the goats, chickens, ducks) and in the evening dining in one of the beautiful historic rooms. Exquisitely prepared food, unlike anything available elsewhere in Albuquerque (or even in Santa Fe). I downgraded it one star because the food is sometimes not as hot as it should be, the result of a very small kitchen without all the latest amenities.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A bit of NM historychristylouDined on 11/9/2013My husband and I both love history and this place was magical. We went for a special celebration and the ambiance here catered to that feeling. Our server was friendly and attentive, but not overly so. The food was fresh, hot and very tasty. We definitely want to return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Highly Recommended - Maybe The Best1stTimerDined on 11/9/2013Los Poblanos is an intimate setting, with a great staff, and excellent food and drink. After being escorted to the main building by a white peacock, we noticed a couple huddled near an outdoor kiva, an inviting outdoor patio, enjoyed the Cheese Plate appetizer (local crackers & cheese), and the shrimp & gnocchi and fish specials. We shared the cookie and torte dessert selections taking home left-overs. Our bottle of wine was also resealed so we could take that home too. Ask the staff about the history of the whole site, including the dining area and kitchen. And, if you arrive after the sun sets, plan to return another day to enjoy the Los Poblanos during the day. We plan to recommend Los Poblanos to our friends and we will return soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food at Los Poblanos wasnisiDined on 11/6/2013The food at Los Poblanos was outstanding. The meal was fresh, delectable, and well thought out from beginning to end. Los Poblanos is a charming and scenic restaurant and Inn. I am looking forward to returning for breakfast when the views are magical and with more time to do a little exploring.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- what a spectacular restaurant.returningdinerDined on 10/25/2013what a spectacular restaurant. They couldn't have been more accomodating of our gradually expanding and lively group. The food and wine were very special, as was the service. Super all around.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The staff is very professionalLucyDined on 10/19/2013The staff is very professional and knowledgeable about the food on the menu but also the events at the inn. The staff is also very accomodating to diet restrictions, I appreciated the effort. Thank you for a very enjoyable and relaxing dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- No Fault DiningFotobaronVIPDined on 10/19/2013Delicious food and great service (our server was spectacular!) in a lovely rural setting within the city limits - strange but true. Arrive early to walk the grounds and visit the little "tienda" for some mostly local culinary delights. Apparently reservations are necessary, although there were many empty tables the night we dined; perhaps the kitchen wants to prepare accordingly. Los Poblanos is its own "special occasion," so, for a special occasion of any kind, Los Poblanos is the perfect destination.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved our dining experienceGreattimebyallDined on 10/18/2013We love to come to Los Poblanos for special occasons, and our last visit with friends from California was no exception. We were celebrating their birthdays. David was out wait person and he is a gem. Between David's excellent service and the great food: another special evening out! Thanks to all.... Lynn BownessSpecial Features:
- A treatAlidogDined on 10/16/2013Delicious local food, prepared creatively and presented beautifully. The service was warm and efficient. Los Poblanos Inn is a unique, peaceful and wonderful place - so is the dining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great attention to detail.JohnLVIPDined on 10/12/2013Every detail was amazing, Starting with a cheese tray that includes house-made crackers and great condiments. The fish special was outstanding, and was the duck breast. The accompanying vegetables were not only fresh, but were prepared in a way that highlighted there flavors. When dessert came the impressiveness of the crackers earlier convinced us to order a cookie plate, and every one of them was great, and perfect for dipping in the french pressed coffee we got to accompany it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- best kept secretweloveLPODined on 10/11/2013Menu is always changing according to season. Have never had anything but superb food and service here. This is the first place I take out of town guests, it sets a lovely mood for the entire trip. Perfect New Mexico ambience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food is perfectionzzred01Dined on 10/10/2013First, this is not a place with a huge menu. Everything we had was amazing and we are fairly critical diners because we come from a city that has amazing food, DC. Los Poblancos works with locally sourced food. The beet soup was a smooth chilled soup with a bit of sweetness. For main course we both ordered the New Mexico sourced Rib Eye. Medium Rare and we know how hard that can be for some places. It was nearly 2 inches think and cooked medium rare. Tender and full of nature favor. A very good sized portion. We each saved half because we wanted dessert at this place. Save the room for dessert, I had a chocolate layer cake that was a pleasure to my eye and palate. Nice but small selection of wine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food!Ann24Dined on 10/10/2013waiter was great at explaining all menu chooses and making suggestions so we did not over order appetizers or desserts since we were two couples sharing. all the food was awesome and very flavorful. best of our culinary adventures during balloon fiesta week with company in town.Special Features: