387 South Oyster Bay Road
Plainview, NY 11803Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://brasseriecassis.com/
- Phone: 5166530090x
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 12:00pm - 3:00pm;
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 12:00pm - 3:00pm;
Dinner: Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm,
Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm,
Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary French / American, French, Contemporary French
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We customize party menus according to our guests needs and can accommodate large parties during off peak dinning hours.
- Cross Street: Woodbury Rd
- Public Transit: 2 mile drive from the Hicksville LIRR Train Station and 3 miles from the Syosset LIRR Train Station
- Parking: Private Lot
- Parking Details: Being that we are located in The Plainview Centre with a vast private parking lot our customers can find a parking spot with ease. We also have two handicap parking spots directly in front of our entrance.
A word from Brasserie Cassis
Nestled in Plainview is a truly authentic gem of a restaurant. Enjoy French bistro food from classic favorites to modern takes in our beautiful dining room. Come see why so many say we are the best neighborhood and destination restaurant on Long Island for authentic French cuisine!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Brasserie Cassis reviews from OpenTable diners
65 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (45)fit for foodies (25)special occasion (19)great for brunch (16)great for outdoor dining (14)great for lunch (14)good for groups (12)vibrant bar scene (12)hot spot (9)romantic (8)kid-friendly (5)notable wine list (4)late-night find (1)Show More
- mother's dayEDeOliveiraDined on 5/11/2014We came here for the first time for mother's day brunch. The food was delicious and the service was good as well, but the noise level was high in the inside rooms and it was a bit difficult to converse with one another. The outside tables looked like a much better location. One thing that could have been better was the selection for the brunch menu. We are familiar with Cassis in Huntington and their brunch menu is more extensive so we were a bit disappointed when items we were looking for were missing. That being said, however, the food was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great French foodMark4VIPDined on 5/10/2014My wife & I had the filet of sole it was excellent. The escargot had just the right amount of garlic. The service was well spaced & attentive. It was an excellent dinning experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good local restaurantAlbeegoodeDined on 5/10/2014I love the French Onion Soup. The Lobster Tail special was dried out (over cooked). Last time I was here I had a Hamburger which was very good. I'll try this place one more time.I would recommend this to a friend.
- HappyEdandmieDined on 5/5/2014Always have a good experience at Brasserie Cassis. Service was great, food delicious and the atmosphere charming. Will continue to dine here, always consistent.Special Features:
- Was not bowled overmarywilehlm61VIPDined on 5/2/2014I was pretty disappointed all in all in this restaurant. I have been trying to open up my mind to restaurants in Long Island - but for me, I just can't find that "divine" one. The service and server were great, but the food was mediocre. The dinner that my husband had was not at all that appetizing at all. And the desert was appalling. However, the salad that I ordered was fantastic for an appetizer - very fresh. I won't go back here again. It looked like those around us were having a good time and the wine was good. But all in all, giving the restaurant three stars is a gift.
- Never fails to delightRobbyleeVIPDined on 5/1/2014Definitely a neighborhood gem. We have eaten here many times and have never been disappointed. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A good mealSusanFVIPDined on 4/29/2014I've eaten here before and this was by far the best meal I've had. In the past I've had problems getting rare hamburgers; this time I had sided hangar steak excellently prepared and rare, indeed. Their restaurant week menu had something for everyone, including my fussy 92-year old mother.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food fair serviceMark4VIPDined on 4/26/2014The filet of sole & the duck were excellent. The service was fair. The drinks did not come until we reminded the waiter when he served our appertizers. He also quoted the wrong price 4 the oysters. Will be back for the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DinnerLindaVIPDined on 4/26/2014Honored reservations which is nice on a Saturday niteSpecial Features:
- Duck & SoupEdsbeeDined on 4/26/2014The Onion soup was a abit weak compared to others, something missing in teh flavor development. Inital presentation teh cheese was burned (black scabs). My Wife had teh duck which she thought was great. i had eth steak au poive, very very tasty and med/rare perfection. Passed on dessert as we were headed out to a comedy clubSpecial Features:
- Dinner and a movieJAHFVIPDined on 4/22/2014Less than a 10 minute drive from the Hicksville multiplex, what a wonderful find. Didn't know about the place until it came up on opentable for restaurant week. It is in odd location, but once you step inside, very romantic. We went at an off time, 6:30 on Tuesday so the place was not crowded. The waitstaff very nice and attentive. The food was wonderful. I had the garlic eggplant soup and the best porkchop. My husband enjoyed a salad and salmon dish. Will be returning again for another date night.Special Features:
- Consistently GreatMotherheadVIPDined on 4/16/2014Cassis has consistently great food & service. My husband loves the Different Beers they have. We frequent this restaurant at least once a month and we are always happy we went for dinner thereSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food and service wererab4VIPDined on 4/11/2014The food and service were very good. The noise level was so loud that it was impossible to hear the person sitting next to me. It took away from enjoying our meal.Special Features:
- MmmmDebilynnDined on 4/11/2014Onion tart is amazing. lamb shank was great, desserts decadent. Everything was fantastic. Will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Surprisingly great find inryco84Dined on 4/10/2014Surprisingly great find in a strip mall. Excellent food and service!Special Features:
- Overall quality restaurant locallyAP1128Dined on 3/28/2014Its a quality neighborhood restaurant I can get my French fix at. Would and have recommended this to friends and will be returning myself as well.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous!!MarcoDined on 3/22/2014You can't beat the food and service. The staff is totally on top of everything! My wife and I felt we were back in Paris again. It always feels special when we dine there.Special Features:
- Wonderful!RobbyleeVIPDined on 3/22/2014We've eaten here several times b4 & once again weren't disappointed. We brought friends who haven't dined here b4. They were thrilled! We started w/apps-escargot x2, tart, bacon wrapped scallops-then shared Caesar & Cassies salads. Entrées-Sat. special, (short ribs x2 over risotto), steak au poivre, trout almondine. Everything was delicious w/each of us more than satisfied. Dessert-shared the strudel, which was out of this world! Bar-they have a really good wine list w/some very nice wines by the glass. The only criticism is that it gets extremely noisy. There are a lot of hard surfaces, which seems to increase the noise levels. Regardless, overall was a wonderful dining experience for the 4 of us & restaurant comes highly recommended!Special Features:
- Fabulous!giogDined on 3/22/2014You forget you are in a strip mall. This was certainly a surprise! The staff were very friendly and most accommodating. The food was delicious, and presented beautifully. I would most certainly recommend this restaurant and will go back! The only disappointment was no bar/drink menu.Special Features:
- Our Favorite French BistroTravlenVIPDined on 3/14/2014We love the people at Brasserie Cassis as well as the delicious food. The manager, Ryan, makes you feel like family and always gives you a warm welcome. The bartenders Christian and Joel, and servers, especially Gonzalo, are very professional and never keep you waiting for food or drinks. As for the food, my husband loves the bouillabaisse, I love the duck, and we have ordered the paella for two many times and it is outstanding. I don't think we have ever had a meal that we didn't enjoy and go for dinner at least once a month. We know we will always have a great time at Brasserie Cassis.Special Features:
- You never disappointvipotVIPDined on 3/10/2014food is amazing. service is joy. monday night mussel special is a bargain. cant wait to come back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent meal and service.OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 3/8/2014Excellent meal and service. Only downside was the noise - we had to strain to heat our dinner-mates conversation but not so bad that we wouldn't go back. Next time we'll go a bit later to avoid a more crowded dining room and the noise that goes with it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/28/2014Had a wonderful time meeting an old friend for dinner. We shared some mussels with white wine & garlic. I had the trout & she had shrimp. We both cleaned our plates & couldn't stop talking about how delicious everything was. Will be going back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food but priceyWorkinmommieVIPDined on 2/16/2014Sunday brunch menu is extensive and food is very good but its a little on the pricey side. Also, no childrens menu so be prepared to spend about $20-$30 for your kid's meal or just go with adults ;)Special Features:
- PerfectkemoDined on 2/14/2014this is a hidden gem in Plainview, nestled in Models shopping center on So.Oyster Bay road it was pefrect from the minute i walked in, we were escorted to our table quickly, and i called ahead for a bottle of Merlot and they chose a perfect bottle that was at table waiting for us. staff was friendly and could not do enough for us it was perefect, i suggest making a reservation on the weekend Just enjoySpecial Features:
- 1st experience at Brasserie CassisOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 2/1/2014This was my first time at Brasserie Cassis. I was pleasantly surprised. My party of four all raved about the appetizers and entrees. Unfortunately, we had no room for dessert. Service was great. A bit pricey but not outrageous. Didn't mind though because of the quality of the food and service. My only negative was the noise level. Very high. It was Saturday night between seven and eight, the restaurant was filled and so was the bar. It was a little hard carry on a conversation with my friends. Other than that, I would highly recommend this establishment and I will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Trying new thingsLizzieVIPDined on 1/31/2014Wanted to try a new type of cuisine and it was very enjoyable.Special Features:
- Great find!StacieDined on 1/26/2014This restaurant looks like a regular storefront from the outside, but when you walk in it's a beautiful cozy restaurant which reminded me of our time in France. Our waiter was excellent, and the food was amazing. It's our new favorite restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Going backFrankVIPDined on 1/26/2014Had a very pleasant dinner with my wife. We've been to several of the restaurants in the "chain" and have always been pleased. Food was well prepared, a kind of homey French comfort food. Good wine list.Special Features:
- Great family brunchAlffel58Dined on 1/26/2014Party of six, good service, food food. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent as usualJeffDined on 1/25/2014Perfect service and outstanding food make this one of the best restaurants on Long Island time and time again. Never disappoints.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brasserie CassisLionelTwainDined on 1/25/2014One of my favorite restaurants on Long Island. For me it is local however, worth the trip if you are in the Plainview, Syosset, Hicksville area. Good food, good ambiance, good wine and a romantic place if this is what you are looking for.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- casismaggielouVIPDined on 1/24/2014This was not my first time It was very disappointing First we all ordered the lunch special none of the correct soups came with our dish the lettuce garnish on my steak sandwich was brown and wilted my friend disliked the chicken on her salad the fries were cold the waiter did not clean our table before dessert my friends wanted to got to Bar Frites. I recommended Casis. They were all disappointed
- Bon ApetitnygirlVIPDined on 1/14/2014A group seven dined here last night & it was truly wonderful. The service was flawless, the cocktails delicious and each of our entrees amazingly prepared & beautiful to look at. Don't miss it, you won't be sorry.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good food. Service isOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 1/12/2014Very good food. Service is a bit slow, professions but not friendly.Special Features:
- a new favorite. get the bacon!JulesDined on 1/4/2014Every dish we ordered was delightfully flavorful and prepared to perfection. We cannot wait to go back and bring our friends and family to our new favorite restaurant. Go for the bacon! I had it on the frisee salad, but you can add it to any dish. Holy heavenly bacon! You will like it even if you're not a bacon lover. The staff was very friendly and on point, too. Go treat yourself!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful as alwaysOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/31/2013We had a wonderful time - the staff is always friendly and knowledgeable and food always outstanding.Special Features:
- Fabulous!!!!DianaDined on 12/27/2013I absolutely love Brasserie Cassis. The food is amazing and delicious, excellent menu/wine selections. The restaurant has a beautiful atmosphere, wait staff is extremely friendly. I would highly recommend this restaurant to anyone, great for groups, special occasions or just a great dinner out on a Friday/Saturday night. Ryan is amazing and runs a fabulous restaurant!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Everything was great, exceptOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/27/2013Everything was great, except how do you turn down the noise level a few notches.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food Good that's allDancinGirl16Dined on 12/24/2013Cramped seating. Service was fair...had to ask for things twice...waiters leaned across other diners to reach and serve you. We ate in the Plainview location. Most likely will not return. Ifound the food salty also.Special Features: