105 E Lancaster Ave
Downingtown, PA 19335Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.amanisbyob.com/
- Phone: 4842378179x
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Saturday: 10:00am - 2:00pm; Sunday: 10:00am - 2:00pm; Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:30pm; Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm; Sunday 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Continental, American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Jonathan Amann
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: BYO Liquor, Farm to Table, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access
- Catering: Amani"s BYOB also offers full service catering, for both off premise and on premise events. From weddings, rehearsal dinners, baby and bridal showers, corporate luncheons, and everything in between, Amani's BYOB can provide a personalized menu for your specific needs. Please contact Jeanine Amann at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information and party planning assistance.
- Private Party Facilities: Reserve the entire restaurant for your party or event needs. Contact Jeanine Amann at email@example.com for more information. .
- Private Party Contact: Jeanine Amann 6103160146x
- Special Events: Our Surf or Turf Menu is available every Monday at Amani's BYOB! Three courses for only $35. Please visit our website at www.amanisbyob.com to see the full menu. Our regular dinner menu is also available in addition to our Surf or Turf Menu.
A word from Amani's BYOB
Amani's BYOB focuses on providing a menu which incorporates the best local ingredients available each season, enabling the chef to utilize local farmers and promote local business. Amani's puts a twist on the traditional BYOB theme by offering a creative selection of mixers to be paired with the various spirits that our guests provide. Our chef, Jonathan Amann, has won the title of "Best Chef in Chester County" for the past three years.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
Amani's BYOB - Best Restaurants in Downingtown ›
Amani's BYOB reviews from OpenTable diners
125 reviews since June 24, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (99)neighborhood gem (97)special occasion (62)romantic (39)great for outdoor dining (18)great for brunch (11)great for lunch (10)good for groups (8)hot spot (8)late-night find (3)scenic view (2)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Never disappointsgemini2VIPDined on 8/9/2014Food was good - as usual. I miss some of the old menu items but the regulars are really great as are the specials. Sunday night prix fixe is a bargain.Special Features:
- Didn't meet expectationsCorbs1251VIPDined on 8/2/2014So much fuss about this restaurant being a Diners Choice winner - but IMO it didn't live up to the hype. I ordered the gazpacho, a summer tradition, and it was just OK. A disappointment, really, as a good gazpacho is a delight! My dining partner did enjoy the spinach salad - unique with an egg atop. For our entree's, I had the tuna steak and my partner had a fillet of beef. The saffron rice that accompanied my tuna steak was tasteless and gummy however, the snap peas were perfectly done and tasty. My partner noted that his steak could have taken a nice sear on the outside for additional flavor. I guess I was expecting a bit more. The noise level is not energetic - it is painful!Special Features:
- less than expectedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/1/2014Calamari appetizer was great and my main entree was a Ribeye that we both enjoyed. The onion soup was eh. My wife's tuna was overcooked.Special Features:
- Delicious seasonal fresh food!MaiaDined on 7/28/2014My husband and I loved our meal! Everything was delicious, portions just right (not too much, but we left full), interesting choices with something for everyone. They rely on fresh ingredients for taste, not just butter/oil and salt! Bring not only your bottle of wine, but also your vodka or rum - they have amazing-sounding virgin cocktails and will add your alcohol for an incredible cocktail. We will be back!Special Features:
- too loudpolishprincessDined on 7/26/2014I suppose that most restaurants now are so noisy that you have a hard time hearing your dinner guests. Food was excellent but ambiance could have been a little more upscale for the prices and noise level too loud.Special Features:
- Best Tuna I ever had!bevandloDined on 7/23/2014The service and food were outstanding at Amani's. I had the tuna, and my friend had the salmon. We both said it was the best we ever had. I would recommend this restaurant to any adult-not so much for children. Prices were a little high, but it was bring you own, which helped on the cost of the wine.Special Features:
- Gotta Go BYObmy19Dined on 7/20/2014I was introduced to the awesome food at Amani's in late '13 and have been back 4x since. I have never been disappointed. The problem is I just can't order it all. The inventive seasonal soups (Vichyssoise, gazpacho, smoked onion), the apps, salads, and of course the selection of entrees (I love the duck) make Amani's a fine meal to pair with your favorite bottle of wine. Make room for dessert, if you can!Special Features:
- Perfect EveningouttodinnerDined on 7/18/2014Our meal with two friends at Amanis was superb. Everything was spot on. The food, the ambience, the service. We could not have improved anything. Well doneSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome!DtownerDined on 7/18/2014Amazing place! Food was outstanding, everything was extremely fresh and tasteful. Service was also outstanding - Went for an early dinner so it was not crowded. Great BYOB.Special Features:
- Great food but getting crowdedKathyBDined on 7/10/2014The secret's out as its getting harder to drop in and get a table. Food is very good and creative.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/9/2014Appetizers were terrific and a hefty portion. Short rib pasta had no outstanding flavors- and needed salt. Duck breast special was a bit tough in spots- but tasty in general. Loved the cherry coulee.Special Features:
- Fresh Garden to table menuBigguyVIPDined on 7/6/2014If you are looking for attention to detail with your food, then Amani is worth the drive to Downingtown.Special Features:
- Always the bestfoodie2VIPDined on 7/6/2014We always love eating at Amani's BYOB! The food is fresh and prompt, the service is excellent, and we wish we lived closer to Amani's BYOB. Look forward to get there again soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 7/5/2014Great service, delicious food, and friendly staff!Special Features:
- Spectacular!kevinbevee14Dined on 7/5/2014I have dined at Amani's for lunch several times, but not for dinner. The service was superb! I hesitate to dine out due to my several unusual allergies, but our waiter, Bob, was thorough in speaking to the kitchen staff about every ingredient. The food was outstanding: fresh and cooked to perfection. I would highly recommend this dining experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So-soOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/2/2014Service was really slow and the food, although good, was not great and pricy for what we got. Key lime pie, however, was super!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Farm Fresh ExcellenceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/1/2014One of the best BYOB small restaurants in Chester County! The food is creative, fresh and served perfectly cooked every time, and as a foodie myself I love the open kitchen/access to the chef and his team. The space is small, so when it is full the noise level can be fairly high, but meal makes it worth the extra noise, believe me.Special Features:
- Never disappointingfoodie2VIPDined on 6/27/2014Meals at Amani's BYOB are always fantastic. The food is fresh, the combinations are subtle and well assembled, and the choices make it easy for everyone in your party to have a great lunch or dinner. The service is cheerful and right on the mark, arriving when you need them but never overbearing. We look forward to returning soon.Special Features:
- ma1234Dined on 6/24/2014One of the most creative and delicious meals we've ever had. We were truly blown away by the meal we had. Everything from appetizers to dessert was exceptional and full of so much flavor. The samples compliments of the chef were unbelievable as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 218 reviews are from the Amani's BYOB reviews archive.
- Always an amazing eveningNiteoutDined on 6/23/2014Plan on spending some time here...talking, enjoying each course, relaxing in a very low key atmosphere. You will not be disappointed in any fashion. This is one of the best BYOB restaurants in the area, with local fare and a great atmosphere.Special Features:
- Happy AgainMrEatsalotDined on 6/21/2014Our waiter Bob remembered us from New Year's and he welcomed us back. The Salmon Belly Crudo appetizer was excellent. Served on thin shavings of cucumber with a delightful dressing, and grape tomatoes. My wife had the crab croquettes, she loved them. They're Oyster on the half shell selection never disappoints. This time we split 2 Long Island, 2 Chesapeake, and 2 Rhode Island. Rhode Island's won but all were satisfying. I had the NY Strip Special because every time I'm there I'm disapointed if I don't get a steak after smelling the chef fire one up on the grill. I was not disapointed. The steak was perfectly charred and med rare. Fat was like meat butter, not tough. The stone fruit egg rolls for dessert are a must have at the end.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chester County Winner!NoshDined on 6/20/2014My husband and I devised our plan to dine in Chester County restaurants; ones that neither of us had ever been too until this summer, 2014! My turn to pick first, and I took a friend's recommendation for our first " summer restaurant adventure". From the delicious fragrance of fresh seafood that greeted us to the hip and happy vibe, we have ranked this one of our new top five favorites. The cheese board appetizer followed by the seafood Grouper Special and my Sea Bass entree beyond our expectation. Amani's friendly and knowledgeable servers were icing on the cake. Portions were perfect for us as we prefer not having "doggy bags." A special romantic evening with a great bottle of BYOB Chardonnay did not disappoint.Special Features:
- Just an off nightOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 6/18/2014We love Amani's however it was not our best experience. The restaurant was celebrating their anniversary and we opted out of the pre-fixed meal. Oysters were fantastic however crab cakes were rubbery and the Lamb was just ok. We will go back and this review is based on our experience that night and have always been happy when we leave.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MPW2Dined on 6/16/2014Food was good but not great. The salad and entree were fresh with good ingredients but there was little seasoning. Also, they served "bread" which was a typical store bought roll. No comparison between this place and Alba in Malvern. That said, not bad, had a business dinner there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic Flavors, Superior QuisinehbeaterDined on 6/16/2014I've been to Amani's with my wife 5 times now, and they were in the top 10 best meals I've had in the same time frame. I don't try very hard to find other restaurants - there's really no need. It's our favorite, by a long shot.Special Features:
- Best food in DowningtownKathyBDined on 6/15/2014We have eaten here many times so choosing a spot for Father's day was a no-brainer. Hy husband was quite happy with his lamb chops - say's they are the best he ever had and he orders them often! My son was equally pleased with his duck breast entree with cabernet sauce, which he says was outstanding. The key lime pie was excellent - just the right amount of tartness and sweet. Great place - highly recommend. We have dined at good restaurants all ver the US and while traveling so we know good food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing Eating Experience!!!JMan117Dined on 6/14/2014I recently ate dinner at Amani's with 3 other people. I can't say enough good things about it. The food was just amazing. There was not 1 thing that any of us had, that we didn't like. The 4 of us just rotated our plates around the table all meal so we could all try everything. I would highly recommend this place to anyone that wants a great tasting meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Leave room for dessertMariposaVIPDined on 6/12/2014Great and creative menu. Everyone in our party was very pleased with the food -- very fresh. We were there for lunch, so we didn't bring any alcohol, but I like the idea that they provide interesting cocktail mixers for whatever spirits you bring. Will have to try it again for dinner.Special Features:
- Amani's BYOBgmd63Dined on 6/11/2014My fiance and I were very impressed with Amani's BYOB. The food was incredible and the service was amazing! We had a great evening there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My favorite place in Chester CountyCSullyVIPDined on 6/6/2014The food is wonderful and the service is excellent from the moment you walk in to the moment you leave. This is our go to spot for dining. They are BYOB. No corking fee. They charge a nominal fee for mixers and have a cocktails menu that is really yummy. All you do is supply the liquor. I absolutely LOVE this place! Most nights we get their raw oysters as a starter which are heavenly! Their menu changes seasonally. Also, they are very accommodating if you have any dietary restrictions or allergies. The portions are a good size. They have some heartier meals and lighter meals to choose from. The appetizers are excellent. My favorite appetizer is the Braised pork belly with cheddar grits. I've never had a meal I didn't love (lunch or dinner)Special Features:
- Great!!MandyDined on 6/4/2014This was a great place. Nice menu, good food, good service. An enjoyable dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Chester County BYOBVLfromWCVIPDined on 5/31/2014Amani is one of the best BYOB's in Chester County. Outstanding food, fine service and a comfortable atmoshphere. Have been there many times and it never disappoints.Special Features:
- Arriv iAmani!TheBanterDined on 5/30/2014Wonderful BYO experience for any evening. Highly recommend it .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyed Sunday brunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/25/2014Excellent choice of menu items for Sunday brunch and good, friendly service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wrong food servedJill28Dined on 5/24/2014We arrived for brunch and ordered rock shrimp omelettes from the brunch menu. We were served a dinner entree of breaded, fried rock shrimp over crunchy rice noodles - not an item I would have ordered. When we told the waiter, we were offered the omelettes as ordered but we declined because the rest of party was already eating their food. We were not offered any money off or even a free dessert as way of apology. I am not likely to return.
- Never disappointed!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/23/2014We frequent this restaurant because the food is ALWAYS delicious and the service exceeds our expectations. Because they switch up the menu seasonally there is always something we didn't try. Throw in that it is a BYOB and this is our first choice when looking for a great meal on a budget!Special Features:
- Great local findOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/19/2014Outstanding food and service - clearly upscale quality and unique but consumable menu. I have driven past this restaurant for several months, and finally stopped in. Will definitely be back.Special Features:
- MimosamamaDined on 5/18/2014Although we have eaten some great meals here, we had not had Brunch before. The menu contained a nice mix of breakfast and lunch options, and each of us enjoyed the chosen entree. Eggs Benedict and Hazelnut pancakes were great, and the Cuban sandwich was delightful. We brought champagne for our mimosas, and they kept it chilled for us. We also shared some of the luscious desserts, including key lime pie and a dense chocolate torte. The only negative was that there was only one server, and since the outdoor seating was also open, he had his hands full running in and out. Since we were in no hurry, it was not an issue. I will definitely return for Brunch!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing food, excellent experiencespecialtreatDined on 5/16/2014Seriously some of the best food I've ever tasted! I love that all the ingredients are local - makes the food taste so fresh! Will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Downingtown GemfoodyDined on 5/11/2014This is our second visit to Amani's and they continue to amaze. This is an exceptional eating experience that never disappoints our palate. We drive 11/2 hours to Amani's BYOB so you know it must meet our standards. Going back to celebrate our 52nd. Anniversary I July.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.