The Hunt Club
Seattle, WA 98104Neighborhood:
Capitol Hill / First Hill
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
The Hunt Club
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.hotelsorrento.com/dining/index.cfm
- Phone: 2063436156
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast is served
Monday through Friday from 7:00 AM to 11:00 AM
Saturday and Sunday from 7:00 AM to 2:00 PM
with a breakfast happy hour from 7:00 AM to 9:00 AM
Lunch is served
Monday – Friday 11:00 AM to 2:00 PM
Dinner is served
Daily 5:00 PM to 9:00 PM
Happy Hour is served twice daily in the bar
Daily 4:00 PM to 6:00 PM and 10:00 PM to close
Bar menu available 11:00 AM to close
Afternoon Tea is served Sunday from 11:00 AM to 2:00 PM. Reservations recommended.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Northwest
- Executive Chef: Dan Gilmore
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, High Tea, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: As Seattle’s longest-standing boutique hotel, the Sorrento has an original, authentic quality that makes meetings and events beyond the ordinary. Our intimate main-floor rooms are warm, comfortable spaces for small meetings and corporate retreats. Or, host your special occasion in our Penthouse Suite, complete with rooftop deck and a stunning view of the city. From formal and elegant to intimate and cozy, we can accommodate up to 120 guests for a wedding and reception or celebratory dinners all catered by the Hunt Club. Our experienced catering staff is happy to assist with all of your needs.
- Entertainment: The Sorrento Hotel offers entertainment Monday through Sunday. Events include Friday and Saturday music, fireside chats, literary events and art installations. Or, join us for Night School, where we will teach you a lesson on the history of cocktails with a leading bartender, have an intimate conversation with an author or public figure, or invite indie rockers and classically trained musicians into the Fireside Room for an eventful evening.
Search www.hotelsorrento.com for schedule and Sorrento Nights.
A word from The Hunt Club
The Hunt Club Restaurant & Bar located at the iconic Sorrento Hotel is an inviting and romantic place with leather banquettes, dark woods and a fun retro-ambiance. The restaurant’s delicious aromas are sourced from local, natural and seasonal-fresh ingredients culminating in a regional Northwest cuisine expertly prepared by Chef Dan Gilmore. Chef’s menu appeals to all palates including premium cuts, fresh local seafood, Northwest game and poultry. Excellent food served by a knowledgeable and engaging staff makes Hunt Club a top Seattle culinary experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
The Hunt Club reviews from OpenTable diners
42 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (21)special occasion (20)romantic (20)great for lunch (19)fit for foodies (16)great for outdoor dining (8)good for groups (7)great for brunch (7)notable wine list (6)vibrant bar scene (3)late-night find (2)hot spot (2)scenic view (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Romantic Christmas AmbianceOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 12/3/2013It was our first time eating dinner @ the Hunt Club & my husband & I thoroughly enjoyed our dining experience. I have a gluten allergy & our waiter was very helpful recommending options on the menu that would work for me. We loved the clams as an appetizer, the pumpkin soup was fabulous as was the herb stuffed chicken breast w-roasted cauliflower. The decor was particularly festive during the holidays w/beautiful garlands wrapped in twinkle lights draping the windows. We would definitely dine there again in the future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thanksgiving BrunchamandalocastaDined on 11/28/2013Sorry Hunt Club, but this review is mainly based on the wonderful atmosphere and not the food. Our thanksgiving buffet came down to eating here only because our usual place was busy at the time we wanted to go, so we had to choose another place. Being that there are not many places that serve dinner buffet style on Thanksgiving night, we chose this one. The food was fine, but not spectacular. The dining rooms are quite gorgeous though so I would recommend this establishment based only on that. If you want to go to a luxurious, old world charm with a modern touch, type place, this is it! It's beautiful and rich and classy. Go there for that.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Night OutJBandKPDined on 11/23/2013When walking from downtown Seattle, you pay your dues to get to the Hunt Club. It's 9 blocks up a steep hill. But it's well worth it in terms of ambiance, service, and most importantly, quality of food. The Hunt Club is in an old, aristocratic hotel, the Sorrento, and the place just drips with class. Lots of polished wood and period accoutrement cause the visitor to feel comfortable upon entering. The menu is not overly complicated, featuring innovative courses as well as expected fare. The wine list is not overly complex or too expensive, either, but rather is fairly well suited to the menu. The service was friendly, informed, and not intrusive. All in all, the Hunt Club will provide you with a good evening out. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not as good as expected.hadgtimeDined on 11/20/2013To begin with, the promised "Valet Parking" free with dining in the Hunt Club was not available because the hotel "was filled and we have a small garage." Then when we (2 vegetarians in a group of 3) were shown the printed menu that included the Dine Out In Seattle, $30 for a 3 course meal, it was NOT was promised on the Hunt Club's web site... there was no vegetarian entrée!!!! Luckily (for him) the waiter said that he'd allow us to have the website promised vegetarian entrée... a carrot ravoli. This got the meal off to a rocky start. Then when the tasteless beets and some sort of cheese (tasteless also) arrived as our first course, Grrrr! The carrot ravoli was also bland. The dessert was good. All in all, the kitchen failed.
- Classic and traditionalfrequentluncherDined on 11/20/2013A classic and traditional restaurant with cozy ambience and great food. The holiday decorations this time of year are especially nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Fine Place.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/17/2013We had not been to the Hunt Club for several years. We were pleased that it is as good as it always has been. Thanks !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Old World EleganceJACCDined on 11/16/2013The Hunt Club has the ambiance of an old English manor house, created with dark woods and brick. Located in the Sorrento Hotel, it's a good place to enjoy a cozy meal on one of Seattle's dark, rainy days. The atmosphere is peaceful and unhurried; the service excellent. (There is no view or outside dining.) The dinner menu is quite varied and includes small plates, a five course fixed price meal with choices for each course at $30 and some quite expensive special entrees. If you still have any room, the desserts are excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Business lunchDianeDined on 11/13/2013We use the Hunt Club for business lunches, and it is a perfect location. The service and ambience are terrific, and the valet parking makes it very easy to get into and out of the restaurant with a minimum of fuss. If one frequents the restaurant on a regular basis, it would be nice to have a few more choices from the menu, especially for those who prefer lighter foods.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Nice!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/11/2013The food and service was excellent! Decor is beautiful.Special Features:
- A good placeVissidarteVIPDined on 11/6/2013to have a quiet luncheon. Restaurant Week's offerings were very attractive, and we enjoyed a good selection of dishes. The service was reliable and attentive with a smile.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine EffortDaveJanDined on 11/2/2013Hadn't been to the Hunt Club in quite a while. Better than average calamari and salad. Ordered two salmon dinners: my wife's was the best we've had this year, mine was better than average (slightly overcooked for medium rare). Sauce for salmon unusual and complement salmon superbly. Horseradish mashed potatoes a pleasant surprise. Asparagus well-prepared and overpriced. Lovely ambience, especially for a hotel.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb Brunch/BreakfastLadyYDined on 11/2/2013The food was excellent! Took a group of girlfriends from Canada to brunch; They Loved It! It was my first visit; the Sorrento made me look good! I can't wait to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- really just an overall greatmcerenziaDined on 11/1/2013really just an overall great evening. the staff was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great fish, sans chipsHoneyBunnyDined on 10/29/2013I liked the beer battered halibut and the tartar sauce. The fries on the other hand were so over cooked and crisp that they tasted burnt. Please stop overcooking the fries. Over all the service was great. The waitress put our order in immediately as my party had to get back to work soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Go EARLY and reserve Prime Rib!MrldCtyGrlDined on 10/26/2013Seriously EARLY. Our reservation was for 5pm (opening) and by 6, they were out of prime rib, which was the most delicious I've ever tasted. Bar none. Hands down. And I'm a chef. The lemon curd trifle was absolutely HEAVEN. Just marvelous, and the coffee was lovely and rich and full-bodied flavor as well. Our server was very attentive, and the whole experience was fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cozy LoungeFrequentDinerVIPDined on 10/24/2013We were a few minutes late due to traffic from East Madison. Called ahead so they would not give away our table. They said the would not but did anyway. Got seated in the lounge which turned our to be more relaxing and enjoyable. Food was all good. Service by one efficient lady was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just excellentDougDined on 10/16/2013Just excellent. Lamb chops and the sirloin were near perfect. Appetizers and desert were very good. Nice wine selection. A restaurant I would definitely recommend. Did I mention validated valet parking? Can't go wrong.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hunt no furtherLuv2EatDined on 10/16/2013Not for small budgets or everyday dining, the Hunt Club is a lovely special occasion place. We took advantage of the $28 special menu - food was excellent (although one gets the idea that they're skimping on portions when compared to full-menu service). Even so the evening meal with two non-alcoholic drinks and two coffees in addition to the three-course meals was over $90. Host was pleasant and the waiter was superb. The setting is beautiful. I hadn't been there since the 90s and the nice thing is it hasn't changed much at all! :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lovely working lunchkateDined on 10/16/2013good food, lovely and fast service within easy walking distance to hospital areas. The creme brule and lavendar cookie were worth going light to enjoy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A tranquil treatSchwar11Dined on 10/15/2013The Hunt Club is a charming gem, a relaxing oasis away from stress. Their lunch menu offers a stunning selection and admirable variety with quick an efficient service. The dine-and-dash menu is a very good deal; the crab cake and lamb burger are both perfection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood GemWineanddinemeDined on 10/10/2013Great atmosphere ,amazing good , and fantastic service. What more would you need from a great restaurant .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch with friendsCassiecatVIPDined on 9/27/2013Three of us eat out at least once a month, and the difficulty is finding somewhere we can linger over lunch, talking, quiet enough that we can hear each other, and with a good variety of foods. The Hunt Club fits the bill.Special Features:
- Hunt Club Still shinesbobwseattleVIPDined on 9/23/2013The Hunt Club has a new menu, one beer on tap now (Stella) and the same wonderful ambience and service. You can get a fine meal much more affordably and if you are up for a splurge that option is still there for you.Special Features:
- harvestcarrotheadDined on 9/23/2013We went for a special occasion (and my first time eating dinner there), expecting to be blown away after this place had so many folks talking about it. I was not overly impressed by anything except the sevice/staff. Perhaps it has had its 'day'. It was overpriced for the product served...and I have eaten in many high quality restaurants...I expected more from the Sorrento. I am not opposed to spending hard earned money on eating out either.Special Features:
- I think the kitchen was aSMDJHDined on 9/22/2013I think the kitchen was a bit overwhelmed by the number of diners Sunday late morning. The food was good, but lukewarm and slow out of the kitchen. I did have lunch here recently and it was superb.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This was an outstanding choicepet4daisyVIPDined on 9/19/2013This was an outstanding choice after a full day of traveling. The ambience was just like one would expect of a Hunt Club with panneled walls and comfortable chairs--very relaxing. The bartender was friendly and welcoming. The wait staff was attentive and knowledgeable. Food was excellent. Lamb was prepared just as requested. I'm sorry it was so far away as I would love to be able to return on a regular basis.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good not greatSylviaDined on 9/11/2013I haven't been here for a long time and was looking forward to it. It was adequate but not the usual fantastic that I expect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinningkmacDined on 8/23/2013Had a great night out for our anniversary. Food, atmosphere and service was perfect. We live out of town and only occasionally go to Seattle, but we'll be back at the Sorrento Hotel and Hunt Club.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Old SchoolBillDined on 8/22/2013Beautiful wood paneled dining room. Great service and very good food. Would definitely go there again when in Settle.
- Our party of two sat in theOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 8/20/2013Our party of two sat in the bar and enjoyed a nice selection of food and drink before heading out for an evening event. We had very good service and the food from the bar menu, steamed clams, lamb burger and cheese plate, looked as good as it tasted. It was "Happy Hour" and the place was just starting to get busy so we were able to enjoy a quiet conversation.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Seattle gem has lost its polishOpenTable Diner Since 2000VIPDined on 8/14/2013We arrived for a 7 pm sitting on a Wednesday night and the restaurant had dinners at 2-3 tables, almost empty. That may have been the first indicator about quality of the food. The manila clams with basil, mint, jalapeno, bacon arrived over salted. The rack of lamb was under cooked and some of us returned the dish to kitchen for additional cooking. The buttermilk panna cotta arrived in jam jars with a half of a lemon verbena apricot on top which was firm as opposed as opposed to poached. I hope that Sorrento will improve the quality of their cuisine and The Hunt Club will serve food befitting of its beautiful setting.
- Could be better.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/9/2013Tomato tart was good but the accompanying salad greens were old and gritty. The drinks are overpriced. It's a lovely place but they need to work on food.
- Good but not greatOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/25/2013While the food was very strong, the server didn't really know the menu, didn't ask about my drink choices, and the party next to me was very loud and obnoxious. On the whole a nice restaurant but not a top-of-the-heap place.Special Features:
- Very clubby, traditional feel.CharlieinBellevueVIPDined on 7/24/2013Very clubby, traditional feel. Lively bar action for Happy Hour.Special Features:
- The food was not only deliciousMattVIPDined on 7/19/2013The food was not only delicious and perfectly prepared but is was 30% less than a comparable restaurant. A special treat was the jazz combo and singer in the lobby which was a great after dinner treat. I highly recommend the Hunt Club. Another bonus is that they are on the Passport card so one entree was free. Wow, can you ask for anymore?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner after Virginia Mason apptjessDined on 7/19/2013Since the weather was nice, we decided to have a drink outside before dinner. The atmosphere was very pleasant and the service very friendly. We ordered a mohito and martini and they were fine. For dinner we ordered the halibut and the chicken, and we expected more. Although we ate the complete meals, (we were hungry), we really felt that the reputation of the Sorento should have given us more for the price. The hazelnut halibut had very little flavor or interest. The chicken (pistachio encrusted) was somewhat dry and had little interest as well. Although it satisfied our hunger pangs, we were not very impressed. Perhaps we should have ordered something else.Special Features:
- I always enjoy the Hunt ClubOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/18/2013I always enjoy the Hunt Club and the corner booth in the bar which lends itself to leisurely meals and intimate conversation. Food is always good and served with pleasant unobtrusiveness.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TeaLisaDined on 7/18/2013The chef granted my request and served Tea to us on an off day. It was set up and waiting for us right in front of the fireplace. We sat in big comfy arm chairs and were served by Tim who was gracious and efficient. This was my first time to The Hunt Club. I'll come again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice NightJPandSPDined on 7/16/2013We came for a belated twentieth anniversary dinner. It was exceptional and the service fun. We enjoyed our night out Thank YouSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Delight that Ressts the FadsBARSTLVIPDined on 7/15/2013The Hunt Club is not a place for hipsters. If you want spare decor, throbbing sound, and foods you have never seen before, you won't like it here. But if you want to actually talk to your dinner companions while eating perfectly prepared dishes that reinterpret classic cuisine, this is the place for you. Nice bar. Perfect service in the restaurant and from the rest of the staff of the historic Sorento Hotel. My place in Seattle.Special Features: